Netplay Matchmaking

Hello, I'm LBS from http://forum.mizuumi.net
Since this game was posted in our forum a couple of us have taken interest in testing this game out. http://forum.mizuumi.net/miscellaneous/batcap-(so-i-made-a-game)/
I'd like to get some games in with people here, let me know what the best way to hook up is by Private Message here. Alternatively you can stalk me at #poverty @ irc.mizuumi.net

I wanted to post replays here but then I noticed my Lunaport wasn't set to automatically save them. (Fixed now)

Played a bit with LBS today

-Knockdowns last forever, especially on slower characters (pacing in general feels a little strange, sometimes, like during knockdown/roundchanges it slows down a lot)

-Both players can select the same color

-Not all stages have music

-Juggle combos seem bipolar, they start out launching really high then harsh proration makes them fall quickly to the ground after a number of hits

-Most moves seem to have very few active frames, even air moves.

-Anti airs are terrible, even Revenankh's 4B gets stuffed easily unless he's psychic with it.

--It seems like his hittable box goes up with the anti air, normally if you want a move to have good "priority" the red box should extend past the blue box to some extent, depending on the move. The hittable box can still extend after the active frames are over, making easier to punish.

-EX overlapping with the throw input is annoying, especially since the timing to hit 2 buttons at once seems somewhat strict

-LBS complained about a lack of input buffering (not the actual input buffer, but I think he means buffering moves slightly ahead of time so they come out as soon as possible).
Quoting this from the forum.

I've experimented with knockdown times in the past, but I've probably gotten very used to the timing so no longer get irritated by the wait time. I could try shaving off a bit of time so the pacing isn't so hurt. I'll also shorten the waiting period between rounds.

Some people seem to have trouble hearing the music in the older stages. Those are midis, but I'm not sure what causes it.

Juggles are pretty versatile, but it's true after a certain number of specific hits, they drop like rocks. This was added to deal with infinites.

I'm currently adjusting hitboxes for an update. Anti airs is one thing I'm looking at.

Throws and X's have their own designated buttons, but if you want to stick with the three button format, there isn't much more I can do, sorry.

It's true that some moves have less buffer time than others. I'll increase the leeway available some.

I'll also look at increasing the jump attack lag. It currently differs from character to character.

That said, I'd love to see you, LBS, and Greats in the chat sometime. We have a good variety of skill levels ranging from beginner to TGM, so drop by sometime. Thanks for the feedback as well. It's comments like these that help improve the game with every iteration.

And since you seem familiar with IRC, the BatCap channel that Boss posted an indirect link to is #battlecapacity at irc.synirc.net. The channel doesn't get much traffic through most of the day, but around 12-4 -5GMT seems to be the hotspot for getting more players.

HOLY SHIT~

LBS, I've seen vids of you play Melty Blood man. You're an hero and it's cool that you/mizuumi have picked up BatCap. I'll have to have some matches with you when I get a stick finished up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)