Need help with 6th member

Hi, I have a little problem with my VGC team, specifically with 6th member. Tried few different pokemon, but none works.

The team is:

Incineroar@Figy Berry
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Att, 4 Def
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Flare Blitz
- Protect

Fairly standard Incineroar, and MVP of my team. Protect is there instead of U-Turn/Snarl/Roar to help survive a turn. Saved a lots of matches.

Gengar@Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SpAtt, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Protect

Second MVP. Destiny Bond is great tech against other mons. Usually used as suicide lead. Suppose that opponent leads with Kyogre/Ludi. I lead with Gengar/Yveltal. If it is ScarfOgre, I use Destiny Bond. Ludi Fakes Out Yveltal, Kyogre Spouts, and Bye Bye Kyogre. Or, suppose the lead being Incineroar/Stakataka. My lead is Gengar/Xern. Nonsense, right? Well... in this situations, most players don´t bother with Fake Out and just knock off Yveltal. So it´s Bye Bye Inciceroar. And Stakataka? Well... Xerneas used Focus Blast! Stakataka fainted! Her Sludge Bomb is also great against Tapu, Xern and the like, Scarf making sure she goes first. It´s also Xerneas chceck, as it deals massive damage before Geomancing, outspeeds slower variants even after Geomancing.

Kartana@Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Protect
- Tailwind
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword

This little mon can easily snowball out of control. It´s also my speed controler. Main plus is that it´s immune to spores, Rage Powders and Poison moves. With beast boost it can somewhat mitigate intimidators (Incineroar mainly).

Yveltal@Life Orb
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Defense
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Protect

First of my restricted mons. Fairly standard physical set, just with Protect instead of Tailwind/Snarl. Again, helps stall out Tailwind/Trick Room turns. Dark type means it´s immune to Prankster, and Dark Aura powers not only it´s moves, but also Incineroars Knock Off. Knock Off is fairly straightforward, Sucker Punch is here to finish weakened opponent, Foul Play is great for getting around Intimidate.

Xerneas@Power Herb
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SpAttack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Protect
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

My second restricted and main sweeper. I gave him Focus Blast instead of Dazzling Gleam because I had trouble with Steels (mainly Stakataka and Ferrothorn). I have to say, it helped me win a lot of matches.

Usual strategy is lead Gengar/Xern, let Gengar KO something and setup, or Protect, let Gengar kill one of opponents pokemon with Destiny Bond, send in Incineroar to buy free turn with Fake Out while also softening physical attackers with Intimidate, and setup, then proceed to sweep.

Now, I need 6th member. I tried different pokemon, like Suicune, or Tapu Fini, but I never bring them to the match, and if I do, it usually doesn´t end well. So I need suggestions, which would fit this teams offensive playstyle. I am thinking some supporter, maybe second speed control would be nice, or ability to spread status? Maybe Amoongus would help? I don´t know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)