Need a hand? - Fidgit discussion thread

Need a hand?
http://ivnbvn.com/batcap/fidgit.html

Juggle Fidgit is dead atm : f.5B comes out at longer range now, making the 5B juggles impossible : and without f.5B on his side, Juggle Fidgit is impossible.

Pokes(Thanks to SevenDeadlySins for making this)
At the request of Aqua, I'm writing up something about the dreaded "poke Fidgit" that everyone knows and loves.

Standard Fidgit uses his solid crossup game, decent pressure from comet punches, and incredible zoning to back your opponent into the corner. Poke Fidgit gives up all these fancy combos for the most part, instead choosing to play a super-conservative zoning game, minimize damage, and basically annoy your opponent to death. Xaq correctly summed this up somewhat as the "footsies Fidgit", and that's fairly accurate.

There are two main tools in a Poke Fidgit's arsenal:

5C- This move is incredible. 2 hits, about 1 body length of range. Awesome poke, interrupts the general momentum of a lot of enemies. If you land it at the right range, you can cover it with some Comet Punches, which will sometimes catch people intending to just try and blast through it, or you can reset and give it another shot.

j.C- I also love this move. With a deceptively large hitbox, it's easy to tag enemies with it, so long as you don't get predictable with it. It also happens to combo fairly well, since Comet Punch has solid damage, and you can pretty much drop directly into it as long as you land the j.C low enough. Avoid this against grounded Pyroak, as if you misjudge one of these, Flamethrower will destroy your life.

These two moves should get you through most situations, and keep the opponent at arm's length. If you're ballsy, you can walkup throw on an opponent expecting more 5C poke, or you can get in close with a cartwheel, or you can throw a weak EP/Snatch.

Against fireball characters such as Pyroak, you'll want to fall back on your EP combos. Earth Power is one of the most effective anti-fireball moves in the game, with its fast startup, long range, and instant travel. If you can time the EP, you should be able to use it to get back into that crucial poke zone, where Fidgit's long range normals shine. You can also transition into one of the EP combos if you're technically inclined, but I tend to shy away from them since I'd rather have good zoning and positioning with no chance of a dropped combo.

Also something important to note. Against a lot of characters, Rapid Spin can punish lazy moves with backswing relatively easily. It does incredibly well against Revenankh, since with the right positioning, you can tag him coming out of any Shadow Punch pretty much for free with full connection.

Combos(do not work now)

The blue attacks are attacks you can start the combo with.

Beginners tricks

j.C > Heavy Comet Punch > Weak Comet Punch
Weak/Medium Earth Power > Weak/Medium Snatch > Airgrab
Doubleslap > Doubleslap > Doubleslap > Doubleslap > Cartwheel > Tick Throw
Medium Earth Power > Medium Snatch > Rapid Spin
j.B(Crossup) > 5C > 5B > Medium Comet Punch

Basic

Medium Earth Power > Medium Snatch > j.C > Heavy Comet Punch > Weak Comet Punch

Intermediate

Heavy Earth Power > Heavy Snatch > j.c > f.5b > j.c > 5c > Rapid Spin

Hard

Heavy Earth Power > Heavy Snatch > j.c > f.5b > j.c > 5B > f.5B > j.c > 5C > Rapid Spin
j.C > j.B(While jumping over the opponent) > 2A > 2B > Weak Earth Power > j.C > 5B > f.5B > j.C > 5B > f.5B > j.C > 5C > Cartwheel > j.C > Doubleslap > Medium Snatch(optional) > j.C > 5C > Rapid Spin
Grab > j.C > Doubleslap > Weak Snatch > 5B > j.C > 5B > f.5B > j.C > Doubleslap > Medium Snatch > j.C > 5C > f.5B > j.C > 5C > Rapid Spin

Theory Combos
So yeah, I suck at combos. So here I put the combos I made in theory that have to be tested.

Fidgit has more options than can be easily listed. I rarely ever attempt the more complicated combos because missing a hit will result in less than remarkable damage. But there lies the thrill I suppose, you can have juggles that last forever, hurt decently, and more importantly, are super flashy if you're skilled enough.

The bread and butter I rely on is the jumping B cross-up into close 5C > 5B into Comet Punch. It's also worth noting that you can get rather good damage from a 2A>2B>light Earth Power to the follow up of your choice.

Alternatively, you can forgo all the fancy combos for an annoying poking game, and playing the earth power/snatch mixup from far away.

Someone mentioned this before, and I think it holds true; that you won't ever see two people play Fidgit the same way.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
At the request of Aqua, I'm writing up something about the dreaded "poke Fidgit" that everyone knows and loves. (read: this has probably annoyed you if you've played me)

Standard Fidgit uses his solid crossup game, decent pressure from comet punches, and incredible zoning to back your opponent into the corner. Poke Fidgit gives up all these fancy combos for the most part, instead choosing to play a super-conservative zoning game, minimize damage, and basically annoy your opponent to death. Xaq correctly summed this up somewhat as the "footsies Fidgit", and that's fairly accurate.

There are two main tools in a Poke Fidgit's arsenal:

5C- This move is incredible. 2 hits, about 1 body length of range. Awesome poke, interrupts the general momentum of a lot of enemies. If you land it at the right range, you can cover it with some Comet Punches, which will sometimes catch people intending to just try and blast through it, or you can reset and give it another shot.

j.C- I also love this move. With a deceptively large hitbox, it's easy to tag enemies with it, so long as you don't get predictable with it. It also happens to combo fairly well, since Comet Punch has solid damage, and you can pretty much drop directly into it as long as you land the j.C low enough. Avoid this against grounded Pyroak, as if you misjudge one of these, Flamethrower will destroy your life.

These two moves should get you through most situations, and keep the opponent at arm's length. If you're ballsy, you can walkup throw on an opponent expecting more 5C poke, or you can get in close with a cartwheel, or you can throw a weak EP/Snatch.

Against fireball characters such as Pyroak, you'll want to fall back on your EP combos. Earth Power is one of the most effective anti-fireball moves in the game, with its fast startup, long range, and instant travel. If you can time the EP, you should be able to use it to get back into that crucial poke zone, where Fidgit's long range normals shine. You can also transition into one of the EP combos if you're technically inclined, but I tend to shy away from them since I'd rather have good zoning and positioning with no chance of a dropped combo.

Also something important to note. Against a lot of characters, Rapid Spin can punish lazy moves with backswing relatively easily. It does incredibly well against Revenankh, since with the right positioning, you can tag him coming out of any Shadow Punch pretty much for free with full connection.

one little combo that is practical.
throw>rapid spin.
not as flashy or powerful as
Grab > j.C > Doubleslap > Weak Snatch > 5B > j.C > 5B > f.5B > j.C > Doubleslap > Medium Snatch > j.C > 5C > f.5B > j.C > 5C > Rapid Spin
but it gets the job done and is pretty easy to pull off.

Heh I should weigh in here I think. 1. I don't necessarily agree with the concept of a character having two playstyles, truly efficient fidgit play consists of using both pokes AND pressure to maximize openings and advantages for damage. 2. throw into super sucks, at minimum do throw J.c 5c super. You don't need to be able to do massive combos every time, but like all fighters you need to MAXIMIZE your opportunities, and throw is a really easy place to be like " HELL YEAH I CAN DO MY BEST COMBO HERE!".

Difficult execution does not necessarily mean impractical either, fidgets long juggles are *very* easy to set up into, making them insanely practical because they do retardedly beefy amounts of damage and he can go into them from prettymuch everything.

Real quick since I'm sure people have noticed, all of the combos with double slap don't work anymore since they got changed (I didn't try the hard one that took 2 lines).

Anyways on to something interesting. If you can put your enemy in the air, hitting with 2C sends them flying across the screen, making them wake up right on a strong EP/Snatch (this is if they don't run into the corner). So any combo that has them in the air can lead to this. I'm sure there are other ways to get the same effect that I don't know of, but for a quick easy to land combo, its great to send them out so they have to fight back in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)