Project NDWC II - Set & Team Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
1652716289659.png

Art by Kolohe

With the first 3 weeks coming to an end and playoffs commencing, NDWC II Set & Team Dump is here to serve as an opportunity to post whatever anyone has used so far! It's pretty self explanatory, post teams you used in NDWC II here!​

Rules
  • This is for teams used in, or heavily considered for use, in NDWC II ONLY.
  • OU, UU, AG, and Monotype teams can be posted.
  • A Pokepaste would be preferred in terms of formatting. Sprites would also be a helpful addition.
  • Descriptions/stories about the teams are allowed (encouraged, even) but consider using a spoiler tag if they end up being very long.
And that's it! Happy posting, and good luck to the teams in the playoffs for semi-finals and finals!

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
sunTR.png
(click on team for importable)
Replay

Fav mega to use in a really fun archetype, I brought my signature Sun TR for Week 3 of this NDWC.
Camerupt is a really underrated mega that can easily stuff a lot of mons and switch into a surprising amount of threats. Even though its favorite target from last generation, Magearna, is not in the tier anymore (thank god), Camerupt can still abuse the likes of Magnezone, Corviknight, Koko and more passive Pokemon like Ferrothorn to grab free KOs on teams lacking Latias / Bliss.
I'm running it on Trick Room with the great Boots Vic as a TR setter most people don't expect, Vic can weaken waters like Fini and Slowbro to allow Camel to one tap every mon in existence, abusing Trick Room to the fullest extent.
Speed on Victini allows it to be as slow as possible while still outspeeding uninvested base 75 like Scizor outside of TR.
Classic Koal spread with WoW over Rocks and Body Press to hit Bliss / TTar.
Kart's spread is weird af but you outpace and OHKO Chomp with the Z-Move, HP& SpD investment allows it to eat a max SpA Ice Beam from ProtGren, as well as 2 HPumps from AshGren in the Sun.

1652805885427.png

Did I lie tho?

spell

breathe again in the world anew
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
I was originally going to use this in W2, but nerves got the better of me at the last moment so I decided to use a team provided to me by Isza. NDWC was an extremely short tour for me, only being able to play 2 games so my building activity wasn't really there compared to PL where I made around 20~ teams. This was the standout of the 5 or so builds I made where I felt like I actually made something competent rather than shifting around sets and spreads of other peoples builds xd

https://pokepast.es/d9ca0df3bb6f667e

Classic core of Mega Venusaur and Celesteela, both very underrated threats in the current metagame who compliment each other pretty well. They check a wide variety of relevant threats, most notably Lele, Lop, Mawile, Greninja (both forms), Mega Swampert, Koko and Fini. Tar was the next addition because I wanted something to trap Latias, I initially looked at Weavile and thought that it just wouldn't work on the style of team I was shooting for and as you can see, Scarf Fini as the defogger isn't the most reliable way of combating hazards esp spikes though obviously it isnt SUPER bad. Tar is also just stronger, could mayb tech iron head over eq if you want to hit Clefable while not relying on Stone Edge's horrible accuracy but its whatever rlly. Fini is the sole speed control, hazard control and also brings up Misty Terrain which is a huge buff to Venusaur since it means mons like Mawile can't just hax through it with Ice Punch. It's also a pretty scary end-game cleaner too. Rotom-W proved to be annoying as fuck in tests especially when paired with spikes since it'd just continue V-Switching on my Venu slowly chipping it down and making me waste turns, but the other Grounds also got hit super hard by Pump, so I decided to go with Seis here. Toad helps this a lot while also giving me my rocker which is pretty neat, decided to ditch Refresh since I have a Fini and instead opt for Toxic to punish Rotom, also a more safe check to Heatran since my other two get owned pretty hard by off tran. Clef was added at the end bc idk what else to put there really, just appreciates the carpet being set for it to CM -> win games.

hope pl i build more stuff lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)