Tournament NDWC II - Finals [Won by US Northeast + South]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

I danced for you for the last time
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

1653912176919.png

art by Kolohe

Spreadsheet coming soon (TM) probably never rip
Hello everyone and welcome to the second iteration of National Dex World Cup! 8 teams will fight for their countries to see which one is the champion of NDWC.

Rules:

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week as started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Post replays. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.

France (0) vs (5) US Northeast + South
OU: Daruma vs Sage
OU: BlazingDark vs Finchinator
OU: Ryuji-Sempai vs peap
OU: Clementine vs crying
UU: dunoks vs pdt
AG: Alkione vs Andyboy
Mono: Dieu Amphibien vs jonfilch
Bo3: Wait2Seconds vs Kate

The deadline for this round is Sunday, June 5th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.

Ggs everyone, at work at the moment but I wanted to thank the hosts for letting me manage and just making sure the tournament went down Smoothly. I'm not doing any shout outs because I know most of you personally but I do want to say a few things to the more quiet members of the team.

Lameflame already told you this in DMS but I'm glad I picked you up, I have lots of respect for quiet contributors and when I saw you were going to quit I wanted to give you a shot. Not only helpful with scouts but just general advice on players I'm not knowledgeable about. Enjoy the ring and I wish you luck IRL if you decide to quit for good. Play for us in NDPL I'd love to have you.

style.css you kinda remind me of my friend dugza in the sense that you don't say much, but you're super supportive in dms and always landed a hand with mono help. Glad I added you too hope to team with you more

Kate I'm the goat, but I'm glad you were able to secure a ring, after ndpl I somewhat felt bad glad that stuffs over now, enjoy sis

jonfilch we had that 1 argument in semis but just know I love you and just get a little heated during things like that lol, manage with me in ndpl please

Good tours, dropping all my teams in the bazar thread thanks for having me

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
finally had a good natdex tour after couple years of being overhyped and flopping (who remember when i was the most expensive player in ndpl 1 and then i went 1-2 into bench), thanks my teammates and managers for helping us win and for making it a good tour

shoutout loti and sage for also having a sick record lotiasite Sage

Last edited:
This experience meant more to me personally than I can describe in this moment, so I will keep this short, but I didn't want to leave this tour without shouting out my team as a whole. You are all incredible players and amazing people, and I know I will take a little something from all of you with me - from watching crying & peap consistently winning with their creative builds, to watching Sage and Finch pilot every team with absolute confidence - the list goes on.

To the managers ... thank you Kate for staying up until almost midnight prepping with me for a meaningless Week 1 game and passing me broken HO, shows you're a great manager which I'm sure everyone who has played for you already knows. Isza - appreciate you a ton for giving me a chance and for all the kind words these past few weeks. Had you reached out a few minutes later I would surely not be here, and I hope to see you managing many more tours in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)