Tournament NDWC II - Administrative Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
This thread will contain the admininstrative decisions made for NDWC II. If you're participating in the tournament then I recommend that you keep yourself updated on this thread.

General tournament rules can be found here if you don't know them.

Weeks:
Code:
Week 1:

Latin America vs Spain + UK
US Northeast + US South vs US West + US Midwest + Canada
Asia + Oceania vs Europe
India vs France 

Week 2:

Latin America vs US North East + South
US West + MidWest + Canada vs Spain + UK
Asia + Oceania vs India
France vs Europe

Week 3:

Latin America vs US West + North West + Canada
Spain + UK vs US North East + South
Asia + Oceania vs France
Europe vs India

Last edited:

Milo

I'm Your Man
There will be 8 teams for this tournament. Each team has 8 starters and 4 substitutes. The 8 teams will be randomly divided up into 2 groups of 4 teams each, with 4 in Blue group and 4 in Red group. Each team will play every other team in that group, where a win earns 2 points and a tie earns 1. You are allowed to replay a game if you have tied. After the group stage, the two teams with the most points from each group will advance. Week 4 will be the playoff round between the first and second placed teams from opposite groups, with the winners moving on to the week 5 finale. Note that this schedule is subject to tiebreakers. All standard Smogon tournament rules and procedures apply.

In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the playoffs based on points and win differential, or a tie in the playoffs/final itself, we will have a tiebreaker round. One metagame picked by each manager, and a final game of OU will give a best-of-three between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who moves on in the tournament.

Substitutes are allowed in this tournament. A player that has been subbed out during a week may not be subbed into any other slot. Multiple substitutions may occur in the same slot. Substitutions will be permitted even if a player has played at least one of their group matches. Substitutions will be not be allowed in tiebreak series unless the hosts mandate it. However, since we prioritize games being played, we will consider extension requests so long as they're reasonable. We will also be reluctant to give activity wins to those who are clearly fishing for them.

If you've played a game, you have 24 hours to post your replay. If it is not, it will either be considered a dead game, or the game will have to be replayed.

The tier lineup is as follows:

• National Dex OU
  • National Dex OU
  • National Dex OU
  • National Dex OU
  • National Dex UU
  • National Dex AG
  • National Dex Monotype
  • Best of 3 [OU / UU / AG] [Game 1 will be OU, loser picks G2]
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above.

Last edited:

Milo

I'm Your Man
Re: Region Lineup

After long consideration, we have decided that this will be our final lineup;

France
Europe
India
Asia + Oceania
Spain + UK
Latin America
US North East + US South
US West + Midwest + Canada

With Latin America gaining a considerable amount of sign-ups, we have decided to give it it's own team. To do this, we have had to pair UK with Spain to allow an even 8 teams. These two were chosen as they had considerable less signups than the other teams and therefore allow them to have a better selection as well as give Latam its own team.

Milo

I'm Your Man
Re: Stareal vs Nvk

Stareal and Nvk scheduled their game between 9am GMT +1 and 10am GMT +1 (Stareal's time) Nvk missed this timeframe for the game and Europe called act. However, Asia + Oceania tried to get in a sub for Nvk but this was done late into this time frame before it ended and Stareal became unavailable for the rest of the day. Although he is playing other tour games today, if he is unavailable to slot in a time where he can play his game, we can't force him so we are going to have to give an act win to Europe. Whilst we appreciate that it's not entirely Asia + Oceania's fault, the sub was called a bit late. We can't force him to play, if he's unavailable, he's unavailable. Nvk missed his time and that's that, with little time left for sub call, and in fact no availability for Stareal.

Last edited:

Avaritia

Sylvain stan
Re: Standings and Future Lineups

Hi folks, sorry for the absolute lateness; perhaps you guys have already been tracking the standings on your own, but in case you haven't, here they are for each group after these two weeks:

(Format of Team[Points] | Win-Loss-Tie | Won Games - Lost Games (Differential)

RED GROUP

1. :kartana: US Northeast + US South [4] | 2-0-0 | 13-3 (+10)
2. :crawdaunt: Spain + UK [3] | 1-0-1 | 12-4 (+8)
3. :spectrier: US West + US Midwest + Canada [1] | 0-1-1 | 6-10 (-4)
4. :moltres-galar: Latin America [0] | 0-2-0 | 1-15 (-14)

BLUE GROUP

1. :metagross-mega: France [4] | 2-0-0 | 11-5 (+6)
2. :komala: Asia + Oceania [4] | 2-0-0 | 10-6 (+4)
3. :medicham-mega: India [0] | 0-2-0 | 6-10 (-4)
4. :latios: Europe [0] | 0-2-0 | 5-11 (-6)​

(TLDR Winner of France and Asia+Oceania gets 1st seed other gets 2nd seed, and unless Spain+UK lose the rest of their games and US West/US MW/Canada win all of theirs, same situation with US NE/S and Spain+UK)

As a reminder of the match-ups for the next week and week after that:

Semifinals:
- Red 1st Seed vs Blue 2nd Seed
- Red 2nd Seed vs Blue 1st Seed

Finals:
- Winner of [Red 1st Seed vs Blue 2nd Seed] vs Winner of [Red 2nd Seed vs Blue 1st Seed]​

\o/ Thank you for your patience and have a good tour! Full stats sheet coming soon (TM)

Milo

I'm Your Man
Congratulations to US Northeast + US South for winning National Dex World Cup II!!!
Be sure to thank your captains Kate and Isza!!!

Thank you to everyone for participating and for making Nol, Avaritia and my job(s) so much easier by allowing the tournament to go off without a hitch. It's been a pleasure hosting this tour and I hope all of you, participant or not, enjoyed the the past weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)