Tournament NDPL III - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Unlucky Weaviles

We had some bad games this week, whether it was plays, matchup or rng, it was unfortunate. But we've had some real good games not only this week, but this tournament. #1 Seed felt good, but alas the curse has continued. But you lads made it real fun for myself and peap's managerial debut.

nvk best pick in the pool, went 8-0. Only 6.5k in the draft which was a huge mistake. Whilst you didn't do hard prep in the cord, you proved that you are just the goat with a solo run. s/o to your boys for helping you prep though.

ChrisPBacon You didn't have the best start to the season, but you managed to come back from it and rack up some dubs in the later weeks and semis. Glad we got you as well, were always part of the plan.

anique You weren't in the plan to be a starter for OU, rather Bacon over you, but you really proved that the decision to bench you was not a wise one. Every week that we swapped you in, you just killed it. Not surprised you saw Wcop play.

baconeatinassassin Didn't have as many games as the others, but still didn't disappoint when you played. You were also planned from the start and was well worth the price.

Elfuseon You were the first player I turned to Peap and said, "Yeah I want that guy!". Whilst not a UU main, you certainly adapted extremely well and did not struggle in gaining dubs. GOAT.

Ainzcrad Let's be honest lad, you haven't had the best season. But, your presence in the cord has been extremely helpful when prepping and scouting and doing everything else. Appreciate you.

Reece You lost against Kate in bo3 so you suck. On the other hand, 2-1 in RU, not half bad in a pool of much higher known players. Semis was a shame, but you helped us get to it so, cheers bro.

style.css Our most expensive player, well worth it. Threw 1 game, had a terrible matchup in semis on top of a poison on Keldeo. If only eh. But no, best mono we could have picked with our options and well worth it. Never been shamed.

Keahi 1 Game, 1 Loss. But good help in Monotype prep.

Ara I will never recover from your game vs Trich. Wtf. Dude just can't be burnt.

Will Best AG in the pool. No doubt. Just had some mishaps in 1 or 2 games but, you were our saviour for most weeks when breaking potential ties.

Spl4sh Very mid seasion to be honest. Had some good games, and had some bad games. Prep was great, but at the end of the day comes down to the games. But we wouldn't have traded you, you still put out well and we're grateful.

3MoreMinutes R1C3M4N Arishem Ballfire Plunder Nevelle AlphaRay01 adem DerpyBoi
s/o to you amazing helpers, some of you were just around for semis after you got out, and some of you have been with us from Week 1. Either way, we greatly appreciated the help.

Good luck Isza Kate in the finals. Please win.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head

Art by Dharma
Rules

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Post replays. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.

>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the fantastic Ticken
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>Commencement<<

Semifinals Tiebreaker

:darumaka: Gangsta Darumakas (1) vs (2) Galarian Phoenix :moltres-galar:
National Dex OU: bbeeaa vs Roginald
National Dex Monotype: Trichotomy vs devin
National Dex AG: sensei axew vs pichus

Gangsta Darumakas (0) vs (0) Galarian Phoenix
National Dex OU: bbeeaa vs Roginald
National Dex Monotype: Trichotomy vs devin
National Dex AG: sensei axew vs pichus

Replays are mandatory.

The deadline for this round is Sunday, November 6th at 11:59 PM GMT -5.​

predictions because no one has done them ig
Gangsta Darumakas (2) vs (1) Galarian Phoenix
National Dex OU: bbeeaa vs Roginald - bea will bring some random shit like mantine and win
National Dex Monotype: Trichotomy vs devin - trich is probably the best mono player in the pool, sorry devwin :(
National Dex AG: sensei axew vs pichus - have to go with the ag main here

All unbias.

National Dex OU: bbeeaa(6-2) vs Roginald(5-1)
Interesting set, both have had decent player pools so far backed with great records. While Bea is the better player, he lost to rogi this week and for good reason: his team sucked(looked like some kind of fat cteam) I'm not that high on rogi but he has an idea of what's decent in the tier and that's usually enough to get some wins. With a solid team choice I favor bea 100$, although if his managers give him something wack I can see rogi taking this.

National Dex Monotype: Trichotomy(6-2) vs devin(5-3)
I've seen devin play Monotype before a couple years ago: he got subbed in and farmed some mainer with relative ease(or got lucked idr) but I know he can play the tier. Trich however is one of the best Monotype players ever, and bias aside I can't really bold against anyone that has beaten me 3 times in the same tournament (see below)
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ndmpl-i-semifinals.3686217/#post-8897304

National Dex AG: Ryan(4-3) vs Pichus(5-3)
I don't have any knowledge on this tier so I don't have much to add. Ryan's a great player but surely the team had someone that could play this instead of him.. leaving him for OU would be alot better. pichus plays this more so I'll respect them enough to take it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)