National Dex [NDOU] Beat Up Weavile Balance, peaking at 1650

Basically the idea of this team is none other than boosting Weav's Beat Up quite a bunch with high physical attacking stats. The idea of a full physical-attacking team sounds funny, but with no physical Blissey and super-effective coverage against most physical walls (think dozo, lando and co.) breaking past stuff isn't too hard.

:sv/iron hands:

Iron Hands @ Choice Band
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 112 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Funnily enough this team started with me wanting to build around this dude. Its dual STAB is excellent, hitting waters and flyings while having nice defensive utility thanks to its typing and bulk (for example, it's a good kingambit check and is fat enough to take even some super-effective and strong neutral hits from full). A nice base 140 attack not only gives some nice power to Weavile's Beat Up, but it also lets it hit like an absolute truck, having a chance to OHKO physdef pex with wild charge and doing minimun 75 to max HP Mega Scizor with non-tera Close combat (while if teraed it's an almost guaranteed OHKO). Its spread lets it outrun standard Kingambit.

:sv/weavile:

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Beat Up
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

The absolute star of the team. With all allies alive, Beat Up goes up to 108,3 BP, which along with Band and Tera Dark, hurts quite a bit to say the least, 2HKOing Dondozo after very minimal chip (meaning every other neutral physical wall is 2HKOed). Sorta like a band Chien-Pao, but instead of broken abilities it uses the power of friendship to beat stuff up. Pursuit's also neat for Hands, killing ghosts and psychics. OHKOing most suicide leads is another nice trait, and so is not worrying about static and the likes.

:sv/landorus-therian:

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn
- Toxic

it's lando-t. 'nuff said

seriously though 145 attack is nice for beat up, elec/ground immune, defogger, etcetera.

:sv/ferrothorn:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

another classic, 94 attack could be higher but nobody's perfect. sr setter and whatnot.

:sv/dragonite:

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 140 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake

A rather unorthodox sets compared to standard EKiller, cleric Nite is a great fire-type answer that hasn't pitiful attack like Toxapex. Heal Bell is also nice because Beat Up only counts non-statused allies, while Tera Fairy lets it fare better against dragons (would slot in dragon STAB but couldn't fit it in). Its spread lets it OHKO max HP Heatran with Earthquake, while Wingbeat takes care of Volcarona, Urshi and tera grass tran. Also does good damage to non-IronPress Zama.

:sv/scizor-mega:

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 128 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Lele/Valiant check with potential to be a solid wincon, way to keep momentum and a great base 150 attack? Sign me the heck up. Standard smogon analysis spread so not much to say there.

Weaknesses:

:sv/zamazenta:

IronPress Zama. That thing 6-0es so easily it's not even funny. That's kinda what I signed up for when using a physical attacking team alright, but still. That thing default dances on my entire team unless I somehow toxic it, aka the opponent is bad.

:diancie-mega:: mdia pretty scary, have to dance around it quite a lot but then again it's naturally very hard to switch into so

:dondozo:: tera fairy dozo is a very awkward matchup, non-press can be stalled out with ferro and if not tera fairy it's not that hard to handle but still kinda very annoying.

:blissey:: it only takes 4420 HP from iron hands' close combat, i totally lose to it

importable:

https://pokepast.es/f92db079c7a88c54

First, "it only takes 4420 HP from iron hands' close combat, i totally lose to it"
What?

Second, I used to use Specially Defensive Dragonite in prior generations. Today, should I want to do that, I instead just run Dragapult and create the set myself. The different sets of Dragapult may help you slightly with the problems you listed. I'm not sure which of its various sets would be best but I think it's worth considering.

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Hi there!
I saw your team and found it pretty good and viable but some things need to be kept in mind. I am here to help you edit the team to make it better and more viable with some other options of pokemons.

Major Changes:-

:iron valiant: --> :iron hands:
Iron Valiant @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Reason:- Since your team has lack of special attackers and you want to use a strong option then you can use the standard specs / booster energy valiant set which will easily kill big threads like ting-lu which stops set up and Specs + Tera Fairy Moonblast is able to kill any strong pokemon and I can guarantee that. So, according to me it would help you more than Iron Hands

2. Tera Ghost --> Tera Water on :ferrothorn:

Reason:- Tera ghost blocks strong Fighting attacks which is mostly clicked since it's a ferrothorn after all. Ferro is weak to fighting so there is a much higher chance that they use fighting pokemons rather than fire walls like Heatran

3. Sweeper :dragonite: --> Bulky :dragonite:
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner

Reason:- This is because you don't need bulky dnite much. Instead just sweep your opponent with Bulky (due to multiscale) + Offensive (due to dd) dnite and it is needed to kill opposing walls like toxapex and heatran which takes huge damage from these moves.

4. Close Combat or Sand Tomb --> U-Turn

Reason:- You need something for blocking Toxapex and Heatran since they counter this team. So, I guess using these moves would be helpful in the ladder as CC blocks strong options like TIng-Lu after setting up rather than switching with U-Turn and ofc ST for toxapex and heatran.

So these are just some of my thoughts. It's all on you that will u use it or not and if you have any question then let me know. Thank you!

:sv/mew: Bye :sv/mew:

Hi there!
I saw your team and found it pretty good and viable but some things need to be kept in mind. I am here to help you edit the team to make it better and more viable with some other options of pokemons.

Major Changes:-

:iron valiant: --> :iron hands:
Iron Valiant @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Reason:- Since your team has lack of special attackers and you want to use a strong option then you can use the standard specs / booster energy valiant set which will easily kill big threads like ting-lu which stops set up and Specs + Tera Fairy Moonblast is able to kill any strong pokemon and I can guarantee that. So, according to me it would help you more than Iron Hands

2. Tera Ghost --> Tera Water on :ferrothorn:

Reason:- Tera ghost blocks strong Fighting attacks which is mostly clicked since it's a ferrothorn after all. Ferro is weak to fighting so there is a much higher chance that they use fighting pokemons rather than fire walls like Heatran

3. Sweeper :dragonite: --> Bulky :dragonite:
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner

Reason:- This is because you don't need bulky dnite much. Instead just sweep your opponent with Bulky (due to multiscale) + Offensive (due to dd) dnite and it is needed to kill opposing walls like toxapex and heatran which takes huge damage from these moves.

4. Close Combat or Sand Tomb --> U-Turn

Reason:- You need something for blocking Toxapex and Heatran since they counter this team. So, I guess using these moves would be helpful in the ladder as CC blocks strong options like TIng-Lu after setting up rather than switching with U-Turn and ofc ST for toxapex and heatran.

So these are just some of my thoughts. It's all on you that will u use it or not and if you have any question then let me know. Thank you!

:sv/mew: Bye :sv/mew:
thx for the advice, though kinda doubting the dnite part, as offensive nite, especially without roost, gives me a very poor matchup against the sun teams ladder uses 24/7, especially if i tera. no heal bell also means i can't heal statused mons, which leaves me lacking in switchins for stuff like rotom-w as you now hate burns. as for the other advice, dropping hands makes me sad but i will see what i get from it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)