Pet Mod Nativemons-India (S6: Vote Phase)

IsoCon’s Florncifreeze (Gra/Ic)
Twigert’s Thundahi (Dr/El)
Ardy’s Bengoh (Po/Fig)
Superstrike66’s Trinkata (El/Fig)

Ardy’s Bengoh
Emergence’s Monalaya
Dilasc’s Shivagni
Zxgzxg’s Himalayer
(I laughed at funny pun, although it might need a bit of a power buff, maybe making it a regional evolution of an Indian Crustle instead of Dwebble could be the play?)

Also DrPumpkinz are you going to add a fourth vote?
Additionally, Vote Phase will end tomorrow

Last edited:
Hm? I didn't make Monalaya, that would be Emergence.

Also Sparkplosion Thundahi + Hex Gengar will really be something huh.
Dang I can’t read apparently, I’ll fix that.
Ya that would be pretty nasty, it also pairs really well with Asheant too, boosting Ashfall and Eruption with Drought.

And the Winners Are...
We finally have our winners! My Thundahi, Ardy’s Bengoh, IsoCon’s Florncifreeze, Dilasc’s Shivagni, and MegaFlareon’s Asholeo all came out on top. Thanks to everyone who submitted and voted, the next slate should be up later today.
Twigert’s Thundahi: 5
Charizard888’s Ajanta Caves: 1
IsoCon’s Florncifreeze: 3
Ardy’s Bengoh: 4
MegaFlareon’s Asholeo: 3
Dilasc’s Shivagni: 3
Zxgzxg’s Himalayer: 2
Superstrike66’s Trinkata: 1
Emergence’s Monalaya: 1

IsoCon’s Florncifreeze (Gra/Ic)
MegaFlareon’s Asholeo (Gro/Ro)
(I'd suggest the name to be a bit modified after the voting ends but it's up to you)
Dilasc’s Shivagni (Fir/Ic)
Twigert’s Thundahi (Dr/El)
Since my Asholeo submission won (yay!), I'm fine with name modification suggestions as long as long as it retains the Ashoka flavor.

:Vivillon::Feraligatr:
Slate 6: Two for the Price of One
:Salamence::Garchomp:

Due to me being unavailable for most of the upcoming week, this sub phase will likely last a little longer than usual, so I decided to combine two slates into one.
Part 1: Upgrading Older Pokemon. This slate will focus on altering already existing Pokemon to a viable level for this meta. Remember to provide some reasoning behind why this Pokemon belongs in an India-based region, and keep in mind that you should be aiming for SS UU/Low Tier OU power level. Feel free to submit as many adjustments as you want, for there will at minimum be 3 winning subs for this portion. Lastly, submitting the normal forms of Pokemon that already have an Indian Regional Form, Copperajah for example, is perfectly fine, just be sure to differentiate it from the other form.
Example that’ll also be posted as an actual sub because I’m too lazy to make one up:
Pokemon: Indeedee-Male
Type: Normal/Psychic
Stats: 65/65/65/110/95/95 (+5 Hp and SpAtk, +10 Def)
AbilitIes: Inner Focus, Synchronize, Psychic Surge (HA)
Notable Moves: Expanding Force, Psychic, Psyshock, Hyper Voice, Mystical Fire, Energy Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Calm Mind, Trick, Light Screen, Reflect
Height/Weight: 2’11’’ ft, 61.7 lb
Design/Flavor: Britain has pretty deep ties with India, as it ruled it well into the 1900s. I figured since Copperajah, a very obviously Indian Pokemon is part of the Galar Region, why not include a British Pokemon in an Indian based one.
Competitive: This Pokemon plays a pretty much identical role to what it already does in Gen 8, setting terrain, firing off massive Expanding Forces, and using trick to cripple potential checks. I gave it a slight buff in stats just to give it a little more longevity and a tad more oomph. Light Screen and Reflect are added to just give an extra option to potentially assist Unburden sweepers.
Part 2: Pseudo Legendary Lines: This slate will focus on making Pseudo Legendary fakemon (Pokemon with a 600 BST) with one catch, they need to actually match up with the power level of the rest of the meta (SS UU/Lower Tier OU). This could be achieved in many ways, such as through an overall bad typing, a very unoptimized stat spread, a lackluster selection of abilities, or a lack in movepool depth. Feel free to create more than one line PL line, as I plan on accepting 2 Subs for this part.

Next Slate: Free-For-All 2​

Last edited:

trollfluff rebound

I COULD BE BANNED!
Pseudo Legendary:
Kalistorm
Stats: 90 HP / 120 Atk / 140 Def / 100 Spa / 75 Spd / 75 Spe
Abilities: Storm Drain / Shed Skin / Intimidate
Type: Water / Dark

Notable Moves: River Force (Physical 90 BP Water move, Ignores target stat change), Knock Off, Pursuit, Gunk Shot, Coil, Earthquake
Role: Physical Tank
Factbook: Kaliya is a human-serpent being in Hindu legends. It lives in the Yamunā river, and the water around him is boiled and bubbled with poison. There is a tale of Lord Krishna dancing upon and subduing Kāliya.
I wanted to make it Water / Poison but it's too good.
One Kali Boi.png

The One Where I Expose Childhood Trau- Wait a minute this isnt my long abandoned GPS Lets Play
EDIT: Thanks for voting for Bengoh guys!
Pokemon: Staraptor
Type: Normal / Flying
Stats: 85 / 105 / 70 / 70 / 65 / 95
Abilities: Intimidate / Reckless
Notable Moves: Brave Bird, Close Combat, Double Edge, Roost, Head Smash, U-Turn
Height/Weight: 1.2m / 24.9 kg
Design/Flavor: Dear friends, allow me to spin you a yarn, as the youngsters say. It was a cold winter morning in Karachi, Pakistan (cold here is relative, winters in the subcontinent are like 16 C at best of times and Karachi is worse, so I would say it was 30 C). I had awoken to find no food in the house, so I left to buy some from the supermarket nearby. It was a 10 minute walk both ways, so I said, hey, whats the worst that could happen? A huge mistake. I arrive at the market, buy some fish and chicken and spices and whatnot, and then start to walk back home. I could not have been more than thirty steps from my front door when I felt something barrel into my shoulder. I was thrown off balance, but when I turned around there was nothing. It was only then that I turned to look to the sky, but it was far too late by then. A fucking kite body slammed my entire face, and I fell to the ground screaming like a fucking baby, because when death soars from the sky to smite you down, you do not argue with it, only beg for mercy. The bag fell to the ground, forgotten by me. But not forgotten by my attacker. He struck once again, only this time his target was not me, but a piece of raw chicken that had fallen out of the bag. He swooped away with a small portion of my breakfast, never to be seen again, as I stared after him in awe and fear, wondering if this was mercy, or if I was so insignificant a threat to this beast, that he did not deem me worthy of his scorn. I think about that day a lot.
Tl;dr: got attacked by a kite that stole my breakfast, so flavor.
Competitive: Reduced Staraptors attack and speed because we all know what a fucking beast it is in every generation of UU. I think I went overboard with the nerfs, though, so I gave it Head Smash as a buff. I honestly dont see Head Smash getting much use, though, as the typical staraptor runs BB/CC/DE/U-Turn (or Roost if youre a coward who uses Life Orb), and I dont see Head Smash replacing any of those options very often, so if it seems a tad too weak I could buff its Attack to 110 or 115? idk. Anyways Star Struck.

Pokemon: Pari
Type: Fairy
Stats: 85 / 115 / 100 / 130 / 90 / 80
Abilit: Aroma Veil / Telepathy [HA]
Notable Moves: Leech Life, Crunch, Sing, Psychic, Moonblast, Trick, Dark Pulse, Reflect, Light Screen, Ice Beam
Height/Weight: 1.5m / 15kg
Design/Flavor: Okay I know pretty much all the submissions for Psuedo-Legendaries are gonna be from Hindu Mythologies (which, to be fair, is fitting), however, I decided to go to a less religious, more cultural mythology for my submission. Paris are basically the counterparts to Jinns. The western approximation of a Pari would be a fairy, but think more of the devious fae of the Irish than Twinkerbell. Paris are spirits that have been banished from Heaven for sins, for which they must atone. A Fairy typing was obvious, and in folklore, Paris are described as being superhumanly strong, and some(read; my mother convincing me not to play outside after dark) say they have sharp teeth and claws with which to devour children, but a playful voice with which they lure you in. With these, attack as a dump stat (as in, I put a lot of points in attack, which it wont be able to use properly) was pretty spot on, with Leech Life and Crunch to go along with my nightmares. No Play Rough or itll be OP. Theres precedent for denying it Play Rough in Diancie. Sing is flavor because I have childhood trauma. Psychic, Moonblast, Ice Beam and Dark Pulse are all the moves I felt comfortable giving it. Thunderbolt might push it over the edge, atleast this way bulky waters stand a chance. Trick is flavorful and Reflect and Light Screen go along with a trickster routine. Useless abilities. I think this should be balanced in the meta, and maybe my curse of being forever in fear of them, even though I am an athiest, can be passed along to you all while playing with it. May God Have Mercy On Your Souls.

Pokemon: Jinn
Type: Ghost
Stats: 95 / 90 / 70 / 105 / 110 / 130
Abilit: Infiltrator, Telepathy [HA]
Notable Moves: Shadow Claw, Poltergeist, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Spite, Disable, Leech Life, Stored Power, Crunch, Superpower, Bulk Up, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt,
Height/Weight: 2.3m / 15kg
Design/Flavor: And ofcourse, I cant submit Paris without submitting Jinns. I was never afraid of Jinns, mostly because all my fear was reserved for Paris, but Jinns are fucking brutal too. There are stories of kids in my neighbourhoods who have gone mad after a Jinn possessed them and whatnot. And heres why I chose these two over a Hindu god: Cultural mythology is a lot harder to shake off than religious mythology. I've never been afraid of Krishna smiting me down, but I HAVE been terrified of touching trees after dark incase a Jinn hiding in one got ideas. Now onto competitive: I was trying to make Jinn a fast defensive poke, but thats fucking HARD in UU without going to 150 defenses or sth. In any case, rn, this seems like a worse Gengar with MAYBE the benefit of being able to go mixed? Idk I might tweak this later. Suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
Pokemon: Mayunda, the Double-Headed pokemon
Type
: Flying/Fairy
Stats
: 97 / 100 / 82 / 107 / 105 / 109
Ability: Dazzling/ Magic Guard (HA)
Notable Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, Play Rough, Fae Shackle (Type: Fairy, PP: 10. Fairy-Type Stealth Rock), Brave Bird, Air Slash, Hurricane, Roost, Defog, Double Peck (Physical, Type: Flying, BP: 50, Accuracy: 100%, PP: 16. Hits Twice, Dragon Darts Clone), Aromatherapy, Energy Ball, Blaze Kick, Jump Kick, Bulk Up, Psychic, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Teleport, Toxic, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack, Body Slam, Knock Off, U-Turn
Height/Weight: 4'6" / 60.5kg
Design/Flavor: Mayunda is based off of the Peacock, the national bird of India and Gandaberunda, a 2-headed bird incarnation of the Hindu god Vishnu. Its name combines Mayūra, the Sanskrit word for Peacock, and Gandaberunda.
Competitive Use: Mayunda can serve a multitude of roles, including a physical or special attacker, choice attacker, support pokemon, or cleric. Unfortunately, none of its stats are particularly excellent (bar above average speed), so Mayunda can feel like a Jack-of-all-trades, master of none pokemon.

Last edited:

JonAmon 25

Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
is a Pre-Contributor
Pokemon: Arbok
Type: Poison
Stats: 70 / 100 / 80 / 65 / 90 / 80 (+10 HP, +5Atk, +11 Def and SpD)
Abilities: Intimidate / Shed Skin / Multiscale
Notable Moves:
Coil, Gunk Shot, Sucker Punch, Earthquake, Seed Bomb, Aqua Tail, Throat Chop, Glare
Height/Weight: 3.5 m, 65.0 kg
Design/Flavor: Chose Arbok due to cobras being a native animal in India.
Competitive: Multiscale allows Arbok to set up Coils more freely in addition to its buffed stats to attempt to sweep, with priority in Sucker Punch and good coverage in Earthquake and Seed Bomb. I put a lot of buffs due to it being NU or below almost every single generation, but if its too overboard then I can scale it back a bit.

Last edited:

Pokemon: Garukee -> Garuyo -> Garudeva
Type:
/

Stats: 100 / 115 / 100 / 95 / 90 / 100 (600)
Abilities: Immunity / Big Pecks (HA)
Notable Moves: Close Combat, Brave Bird, Dual Wingbeat, Hurricane, Focus Blast, U-turn, Roost
Height/Weight: 7 ft / 75 kg
Design/Flavor: Garudeva and its prevos are based on the Garuda, a legendary bird-like or human/bird being in Hindu mythology. It is the archenemy of snakes, and it is often associated with protection against snake bites and venom.
Competitive: Garudeva has access to a powerful STAB combo with Close Combat and Brave Bird, and can pivot out with U-turn. It has no coverage outside of those moves, however.

Pokemon: Gumshoos
Type:
/

Stats: 88 / 110 / 75 / 55 / 75 / 70 (473)
Abilities: Stakeout / Strong Jaw / Adaptability (HA)
Notable Moves: Super Fang, Crunch, Earthquake, U-turn, Hyper Fang, Double-Edge, Psychic Fangs, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch
Height/Weight: 0.7m / 14.2 kg (Unchanged)
Design/Flavor: The Gumshoos line is based on mongooses (yes that's the correct plural, not mongeese), and while mongooses are not native only to this region, there are many stories of mongooses attacking and defeating snakes like cobras. It was given the Ground typing to further reinforce this, since that gives it STAB on Earthquake to beat Poison-type snakes and a resistance to Poison.
Competitive: Its bulk and speed were increased a bit since they left it too slow and frail to really do anything in upper tiers. Stakeout is a very powerful ability that doubles damage on switch-ins, Strong Jaw boosts the damage of some coverage moves as well as allowing Hyper Fang to replace Double-Edge as a recoil-free Normal STAB, while Adaptability gives it a consistent boost to its STAB moves.

Last edited:
220px-Kurma,_the_tortoise_incarnation_of_Vishnu.jpg
220px-01-COBRA-SUCURI-3M-WAGNER-MEIER_MG_2458.jpg
220px-Ophiophagus-hannah-kaeng-krachan-national-park.jpg

Fakemon Line based on Vasuki, and basically just Vasuki but design takes inspiration from the anaconda and the king cobra.

Pokemon: Toxuki
Type: Poison
Flavour: Based on a small snake, its design is more heavily based on a king cobra rather than an anaconda, due to the anaconda's size.
Toxuki from Toxin/Toxic + Vasuki

Pokemon: Vasubra
Type: Poison/Psychic
Flavour: More of a mix between a king cobra and an anaconda, not particularly big like an anaconda but is similar to it in length.
Vasubra from Vasuki + Cobra

Pokemon: Nagivexic
Type: Poison/Psychic
Stats: 103/103/109/123/72/90
Abilities: Poison Touch/Shed Skin/Pressure
Notable Moves: Coil, Calm Mind, Gunk Shot, Zen Headbutt, Poison Jab, Psychic Fangs, Sludge Bomb, Psychic, Psyshock, Sludge Wave, Earthquake, Aqua Tail, Crunch, Ice Fang, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Power Whip (NOTE: This Pokémon does not learn Rest, a move with almost universal distribution)
Height/Weight:
4.6m (15'03), 290 kg (640 lbs)
Flavour: Based on Vasuki, the king of serpents in Hindu and Buddhist religion. In Hinduism, he is coiled around Shiva's neck; Shiva is known as The Destroyer. Its poison type comes from it being a snake, and that Vasuki's poison supposedly was consumed by other snakes as well as Shiva himself, while its psychic type comes from its 3 coils around Shiva's neck which represent the past, the present and the future, which I find quite mystical. Size based from the king cobra, while the weight comes from an anaconda.
Nagivexic from Nāga (In Hinduism, divine deities or a semi-divine race of half-human half-serpent beings) + kind of Shiva (the iv) + Venom + Toxic
Competitive: Having already great stats and then one of the best set-up moves in the game allows Nagivexic to be an extremely potent threat, being able to abuse coil's accuracy boost to make it have a 100% accurate Gunk Shot to break through things with. That being said however, its poor SpD stat, lack of recovery and lack of priority means that it can take some time to get itself in a position where it's able to set itself up. Although its abilities are pretty bad, Shed Skin almost functions like a Lum Berry, something often used on Pokemon such as Gyarados, Salamence, or DDance Ttar before items such as Life Orb were in the game, which provides utility against it being crippled by a status move (its also immune to Toxic which is nice). Its good coverage options also help it, being EQ, Aqua Tail (eh this one not as much since Power Whip does its job anyways), Crunch, Ice Fang (this one also not so much for the same reason) and Power Whip help it beat Pokemon who can eat its STABs (mainly Gunk Shot). Something I haven't touched upon is its amazing SpA, Making it able to run possibly a Specs/Scarf/Calm Mind LO set to prey upon Pokemon who are playing against it like it's a Coil set until it being special is revealed. In terms of Speed, Nagivexic would like a little more, but 90 allows it to outspeed a decent chunk of the meta. Rest wasn't give to it because it grants it recovery and that Shed Skin would give it a 1/3 chance to have its sleep cured at the end of every turn.

Voting Phase
Voting Phase is now open! For both types of subs, rank your top 3 subs in order such as this.
Altered Pokemon: sub a, sub b, sub c
Pseudo-Legendary: sub a, sub b, sub c
Sorry for the long wait, I should be back on track now.

Altered: JonAmon's Arbok, Emergence's Gumshoos, Ardy's Staraptor
Pseudo-Legendary: IsoCon's Nagivexic, superstrike66's Mayunda, Ardy's Pari

Altered Pokemon: JonAmon's Arbok, Ardy's Staraptor, Twigert's Indeedee-M
Psudo-Legendary: Ardy's Pari, IsoCon's Nagivexic, superstrike66's Mayunda

Altered Pokemon: Emergence’s Gumshoos, JonAmon’s Arbok, Ardy’s Staraptor
Pseudo-Legendary: Ardy’s Jinn (do you have a name in mind?), Emergence’s Garudeva, Ardy’s Pari
Sub phase ends tomorrow, hopefully we can get 2 or 3 more ballots.

Last edited:

JonAmon 25

Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
is a Pre-Contributor
Altered Pokemon: Twigert’s Indeedee-M, Ardy’s Staraptor, Emergence’s Gumshoos
Pseudo-Legendary: Ardy’s Pari, Ardy’s Jinn, IsoCon’s Nagivexic

And the Winners Are...
Congratulations to JonAmon’s Altered Arbok, Ardy’s Pari, and IsoCon’s Nagivexic! I’m a little worried that Nagevexic will literally be JonAmon’s Arbok but better though, so does anyone have any ideas on how to set Arbok and Nagivexic apart? Also I’m gonna hold off on new slates for a week or two due to just being really busy currently, so consider this mod to be on a temporary hiatus.

And the Winners Are...
Congratulations to JonAmon’s Altered Arbok, Ardy’s Pari, and IsoCon’s Nagivexic! I’m a little worried that Nagevexic will literally be JonAmon’s Arbok but better though, so does anyone have any ideas on how to set Arbok and Nagivexic apart? Also I’m gonna hold off on new slates for a week or two due to just being really busy currently, so consider this mod to be on a temporary hiatus.
Arbok has a niche over Nagivexic by having better recovery with Rest + Shed Skin which is also bolstered by Multiscale that makes it a bit harder to take down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)