Pet Mod Nativemons-India (S6: Vote Phase)

JonAmon 25

Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
is a Pre-Contributor
I do think Multiscale and Sucker Punch do give Arbok a niche over Nagivexic, but realistically the only other ways I can see to make it stand out more is buffing Arbok's stats even more or giving it a Dark type (but due to the fact this is just an altered Pokemon and not a regional variant I don't know know if that's possible)

Giving it the dark type is totally fine and definitely fits flavor-wise, and giving it the matchup against Nagivexic definitely grants it a more obvious niche. Would it be fine if I made that adjustment?

JonAmon 25

Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
is a Pre-Contributor
Giving it the dark type is totally fine and definitely fits flavor-wise, and giving it the matchup against Nagivexic definitely grants it a more obvious niche. Would it be fine if I made that adjustment?
Yeah if it’s fine then definitely add Dark type to Arbok

Since this thread will be on hiatus for a little while, I just wanted to share thoughts on some winning subs here.

Type:

Abilities: Iron Fist / Mausoleum / Battle Armor
Stats: 89 / 134 / 80 / 45 / 80 / 55 (BST: 483)
Notable Movepool Additions: Knock Off, Obstruct, Sucker Punch
Mausoleum – Soul Heart clone. Heals 1/3rd of the user's total health whenever it sees a pokemon get KOed.

Indian Golurk is a force to be reckoned with. It has a huge Attack stat with powerful unresisted Ghost/Fighting coverage in Poltergeist and Close Combat. Dark STAB isn't really necessary coverage-wise, but STAB Sucker Punch helps circumvent its low speed and avoid being knocked out. Its signature ability Mausoleum improves its longevity, as its aforementioned power and coverage lets it secure KOs relatively easily.
Sample Set:
Golurk-Indian @ Choice Band
Ability: Mausoleum
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Poltergeist
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Pokemon: Cherrafly
Type: Bug/Water
Stats: 70/75/70/95/85/105 (BST: 500)
Ability: Drizzle
Notable Moves: Hydro Pump, Surf, Scald, Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Pollen Puff, U-Turn, Flip Turn, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Hurricane, Air Slash, Defog, Roost, Liquidation, Dual Wingbeat

Cherrafly is the resident rain setter and Quiver Dance sweeper. Sleep Powder can put something to sleep, giving it a free turn to set up. Hydro Pump and Hurricane would be its main attacks, providing good neutral coverage.
Sample Set:
Cherrafly @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder / Bug Buzz

Pokemon: Gangephin
Type:
/

Stats: 70 / 80 / 75 / 110 / 90 / 100 (525 BST)
Abilities: Torrent / Bulletproof (HA)
Notable Moves: Hydro Pump, Shadow Ball, Water Spout, Ice Beam, Psychic, Focus Blast, Dazzling Gleam, Moonlight, Calm Mind, Will-O-Wisp, Flip Turn

Gangephin was designed to be a moderately fast special attacker, primarily with Choice Specs or Calm Mind sets. Bulletproof mainly protects against opposing Shadow Balls and the occasional Energy Balls, while allowing it to freely switch into stuff like Sludge Bomb, Weather Ball, and Seed Bombs too. Other options include Flip Turn for pivoting, Will-O-Wisp for stopping physical attackers, and Moonlight for recovery.
Sample Set:
Gangephin @ Choice Specs
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam / Focus Blast
- Flip Turn

Pokemon: Govinfowl
Type: Fairy/Grass
Stats: Atk:130 Def:150 Speed: 89 Spatk: 120 Spdef:79 HP:100 Total:668
AbilitIes: Pastel Veil and Mycelium Might
Notable Moves
:Jungle Healing, Grass Whistle and learn every move
Height/Weight
:5″10 ft tall and 130 lbs
Design/Flavor
: it is based off of krishna , peafowl and the jasmine plant, it's name comes from govinda and peafowl
Competitive
i plan for this fakemon to be like a op mew because of vishvarupa darshan. it's tier is Anything goes and it will be a mythical pokemon

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Pokemon: Govinfowl
Type: Fairy/Grass
Stats: Atk:130 Def:150 Speed: 89 Spatk: 120 Spdef:79 HP:100 Total:668
AbilitIes: Pastel Veil and Mycelium Might
Notable Moves
:Jungle Healing, Grass Whistle and learn every move
Height/Weight
:5″10 ft tall and 130 lbs
Design/Flavor
: it is based off of krishna , peafowl and the jasmine plant, it's name comes from govinda and peafowl
Competitive
i plan for this fakemon to be like a op mew because of vishvarupa darshan. it's tier is Anything goes and it will be a mythical pokemon
Hey, welcome to Smogon! This mod was a part of Gen 8 and is currently closed. Instead you should check out our Gen 9 subforum, but make sure you read the rules first. Have a good day and let me know if you have any questions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)