Resource National Dex Viability Rankings

ok intrusive thoughts r telling me to post this
:ss/mantine: UR -C

Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Dark / Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD (I forgot what this spread does)
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic / Defog
- Haze / Defog
- Roost

it shits on rain. it shits on tusk. that is all.

ok but I think Mantine is genuinely worthy of being ranked in this meta, especially in C rank alongside hocus pocus mons like hatterene and slowking which I think Mantine definitely has more of a niche than. Obviously, the main traits are being a complete stopgap to rain and Great Tusk, which it obviously does very well. For the former, it completely hardwalls the main things people complain about, being the Tera Water Swift Swimmers and Mega Swampert, and while Barraskewda's Psychic Fangs could 2HKO it, most teams should have sufficent pivots to not make that an issue. For the latter, the standard Offensive set with Rapid Spin, STABs, and Ice Spinner threatens almost everything for at least moderate damage, making it incredibly dangerous to pivot around. Expect Mantine's perfect typing means you eat every attack.

While Mantine does have those 2 amazing traits, it can also do more. Mainly, MZardY has been a rising breaker, being able to take advantage of most fat cores relying on the likes of Clodsire to wall special threats - but not fat cores with Mantine!!! Its generally titanic special bulk means it can sponge hits from a lot of special attackers in a pinch, mainly Specs Dragapult, Volcarona, Skeledirge and Iron Valiant. Tera Dark makes you a better check to the former while Tera fairy makes you a better check to the latter. Tera Dark also means if you run Haze and Toxic you can pretend its an espathra check!

Obviously Mant is very very VERY flawed, mainly its immense passivity makes it impossible to fit on anything that isn't stall and even stall teams struggle to find the teamslot for it. However, I think the defensive traits it does have are sufficent enough to give it a place.

ok because i dont actually play this hocus pocus tier that much and when i do i dont save my replays i dont have too many but heres some fun ones https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1797387010-cnsp5yu7tebhtmp0rtdjf3npvmxwwfqpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1783311098-ge6q3d1k07x7veztfllltiz05t7nfttpw (L)

View attachment 484349
Gen 9 VR art coming soon (probably)
Viability Rankings

Welcome to the first edition of the Generation 9 National Dex Viability Rankings! In this thread, we as a community, overlooked by a unique council, will attempt to rank every viable Pokemon in various ranks. Please be encouraged to post your thoughts on the viability of Pokemon in this thread!

Ranks

Pokemon will be ranked in descending order; there is no divide in viability inbetween ranks. There is no differentiation in offensive and defensive Pokemon. Toxapex may be A+ for its defensive utility, while Hydreigon may be A+ for its capabilities as a wallbreaker.

VR Council

The VR Council is made up of respected and active users in National Dex. They will have the final say on where Pokemon get ranked. Here is the current VR Council:

S Rank

S

:dragapult: Dragapult
:Tornadus-therian: Tornadus-Therian

A Rank

A+
:gholdengo:Gholdengo
:great tusk:Great Tusk
:lopunny-mega:Lopunny-Mega
:zamazenta:Zamazenta

A
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn
:heatran: Heatran
:kingambit: Kingambit
:Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian
:pelipper: Pelipper
:swampert-mega: Swampert-Mega
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele
:urshifu-rapid-strike: Urshifu-RS
:volcarona: Volcarona

A-
:annihilape: Annihilape
:dragonite: Dragonite
:garchomp: Garchomp
:gastrodon: Gastrodon
:iron valiant: Iron Valiant
:scizor-mega: Scizor-Mega
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko

B Rank

B+

:barraskewda:Barraskewda
:charizard-mega-y:Charizard-Mega-Y
:clodsire:Clodsire
:cyclizar: Cyclizar
:diancie-mega: Diancie-Mega
:espathra: Espathra
:floatzel: Floatzel
:garganacl: Garganacl
:medicham-mega: Medicham-Mega
:rotom-wash: Rotom-Wash
:skeledirge: Skeledirge
:toxapex: Toxapex
:tyranitar-mega: Tyranitar-Mega
:weavile: Weavile

B
:clefable: Clefable
:dondozo: Dondozo
:excadrill: Excadrill
:glimmora: Glimmora
:iron hands: Iron Hands
:kartana: Kartana
:mawile-mega: Mawile-Mega
:slowbro: Slowbro
:tangrowth: Tangrowth
:ting-lu: Ting-Lu
:victini: Victini
:zapdos: Zapdos

B-
:amoonguss: Amoonguss
:arctozolt: Arctozolt
:blissey: Blissey
:buzzwole: Buzzwole
:chansey: Chansey
:charizard-mega-x: Charizard-Mega-X
:Corviknight: Corviknight
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:gyarados-mega: Gyarados-Mega
:hawlucha: Hawlucha
:kyurem: Kyurem
:latias-mega: Latias-Mega
:magnezone: Magnezone
:slowbro-mega: Slowbro-Mega
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini
:manaphy: Manaphy

C Rank

C

:alomomola: Alomomola
:altaria-mega: Altaria-Mega
:baxcalibur: Baxcalibur
:cinderace: Cinderace
:crawdaunt: Crawdaunt
:cresselia: Cresselia
:garchomp-mega: Garchomp-Mega
:gliscor: Gliscor
:hatterene: Hatterene
:iron moth: Iron Moth
:iron treads: Iron Treads
:kingdra: Kingdra
:latios-mega: Latios-Mega
:marowak-alola: Marowak-Alola
:ninetales-alola: Ninetales-Alola
:rillaboom: Rillaboom
:sandy shocks: Sandy Shocks
:skarmory: Skarmory
:slither wing: Slither Wing
:slowking: Slowking
:tyranitar: Tyranitar
:venusaur: Venusaur

Guidelines

There are some guidelines to keep in mind before posting here. We want to foster intelligent discussion, not unfounded arguments. Please keep these things in mind:
  • Posts like "I think X Pokemon should be in Y Rank" will be deleted; make sure to back your opinion with facts and an actual analysis of the metagame.
  • Adding onto the above, I would simply like to point out that, while usage stats may be used to support your argument, they should not be the basis of your argument. Saying something along the lines of "X Pokemon is not used often, so it should drop" or "X Pokemon is used very often, but it isn't ranked very high, it should rise" are not valid arguments.
  • You shouldn't merely state the obvious things either. We know that Galarian Darmanitan has access to a very strong STAB Icicle Crash combined with good coverage options. We are far more interested in knowing what meta trends may favor Galarian Darmanitan.
  • Replays are mandatory to support a nomination if a Pokemon is Unranked.
  • This is not the place for personal attacks. Not everyone agrees on the viability of Pokemon, and that is no reason to attack them. Any posts that do attack users will be swiftly deleted and met with an infraction.
  • This is not the thread to talk about suspect tests. One liners also have no place here. Both will be deleted and may be met with an infraction on repeated offense.
View attachment 484349
Gen 9 VR art coming soon (probably)
Viability Rankings

Welcome to the first edition of the Generation 9 National Dex Viability Rankings! In this thread, we as a community, overlooked by a unique council, will attempt to rank every viable Pokemon in various ranks. Please be encouraged to post your thoughts on the viability of Pokemon in this thread!

Ranks

Pokemon will be ranked in descending order; there is no divide in viability inbetween ranks. There is no differentiation in offensive and defensive Pokemon. Toxapex may be A+ for its defensive utility, while Hydreigon may be A+ for its capabilities as a wallbreaker.

VR Council

The VR Council is made up of respected and active users in National Dex. They will have the final say on where Pokemon get ranked. Here is the current VR Council:

S Rank

S

:dragapult: Dragapult
:Tornadus-therian: Tornadus-Therian

A Rank

A+
:gholdengo:Gholdengo
:great tusk:Great Tusk
:lopunny-mega:Lopunny-Mega
:zamazenta:Zamazenta

A
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn
:heatran: Heatran
:kingambit: Kingambit
:Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian
:pelipper: Pelipper
:swampert-mega: Swampert-Mega
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele
:urshifu-rapid-strike: Urshifu-RS
:volcarona: Volcarona

A-
:annihilape: Annihilape
:dragonite: Dragonite
:garchomp: Garchomp
:gastrodon: Gastrodon
:iron valiant: Iron Valiant
:scizor-mega: Scizor-Mega
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko

B Rank

B+

:barraskewda:Barraskewda
:charizard-mega-y:Charizard-Mega-Y
:clodsire:Clodsire
:cyclizar: Cyclizar
:diancie-mega: Diancie-Mega
:espathra: Espathra
:floatzel: Floatzel
:garganacl: Garganacl
:medicham-mega: Medicham-Mega
:rotom-wash: Rotom-Wash
:skeledirge: Skeledirge
:toxapex: Toxapex
:tyranitar-mega: Tyranitar-Mega
:weavile: Weavile

B
:clefable: Clefable
:dondozo: Dondozo
:excadrill: Excadrill
:glimmora: Glimmora
:iron hands: Iron Hands
:kartana: Kartana
:mawile-mega: Mawile-Mega
:slowbro: Slowbro
:tangrowth: Tangrowth
:ting-lu: Ting-Lu
:victini: Victini
:zapdos: Zapdos

B-
:amoonguss: Amoonguss
:arctozolt: Arctozolt
:blissey: Blissey
:buzzwole: Buzzwole
:chansey: Chansey
:charizard-mega-x: Charizard-Mega-X
:Corviknight: Corviknight
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:gyarados-mega: Gyarados-Mega
:hawlucha: Hawlucha
:kyurem: Kyurem
:latias-mega: Latias-Mega
:magnezone: Magnezone
:slowbro-mega: Slowbro-Mega
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini
:manaphy: Manaphy

C Rank

C

:alomomola: Alomomola
:altaria-mega: Altaria-Mega
:baxcalibur: Baxcalibur
:cinderace: Cinderace
:crawdaunt: Crawdaunt
:cresselia: Cresselia
:garchomp-mega: Garchomp-Mega
:gliscor: Gliscor
:hatterene: Hatterene
:iron moth: Iron Moth
:iron treads: Iron Treads
:kingdra: Kingdra
:latios-mega: Latios-Mega
:marowak-alola: Marowak-Alola
:ninetales-alola: Ninetales-Alola
:rillaboom: Rillaboom
:sandy shocks: Sandy Shocks
:skarmory: Skarmory
:slither wing: Slither Wing
:slowking: Slowking
:tyranitar: Tyranitar
:venusaur: Venusaur

Guidelines

There are some guidelines to keep in mind before posting here. We want to foster intelligent discussion, not unfounded arguments. Please keep these things in mind:
  • Posts like "I think X Pokemon should be in Y Rank" will be deleted; make sure to back your opinion with facts and an actual analysis of the metagame.
  • Adding onto the above, I would simply like to point out that, while usage stats may be used to support your argument, they should not be the basis of your argument. Saying something along the lines of "X Pokemon is not used often, so it should drop" or "X Pokemon is used very often, but it isn't ranked very high, it should rise" are not valid arguments.
  • You shouldn't merely state the obvious things either. We know that Galarian Darmanitan has access to a very strong STAB Icicle Crash combined with good coverage options. We are far more interested in knowing what meta trends may favor Galarian Darmanitan.
  • Replays are mandatory to support a nomination if a Pokemon is Unranked.
  • This is not the place for personal attacks. Not everyone agrees on the viability of Pokemon, and that is no reason to attack them. Any posts that do attack users will be swiftly deleted and met with an infraction.
  • This is not the thread to talk about suspect tests. One liners also have no place here. Both will be deleted and may be met with an infraction on repeated offense.
I would have pushed dracopult down from S to A-, don't get me wrong, it's a really strong Mon if used well, but in my experience of using it, it simply isn't all that good in the role its meant for, in my eyes, that the role of a sweeper, I have tried many things to get it to work, and all attempts have failed so far, the closest I got was weakness policy dragon dance dracopult, and even that wasn't that good, on its own, as a breaker, yes it's good, but not good enough to be S tear in my opinion.

Sorry, I must of miss clicked somewhere

I would have pushed dracopult down from S to A-, don't get me wrong, it's a really strong Mon if used well, but in my experience of using it, it simply isn't all that good in the role its meant for, in my eyes, that the role of a sweeper, I have tried many things to get it to work, and all attempts have failed so far, the closest I got was weakness policy dragon dance dracopult, and even that wasn't that good, on its own, as a breaker, yes it's good, but not good enough to be S tear in my opinion.
ok intrusive thoughts r telling me to post this
:ss/mantine: UR -C

Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Dark / Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD (I forgot what this spread does)
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic / Defog
- Haze / Defog
- Roost

it shits on rain. it shits on tusk. that is all.

ok but I think Mantine is genuinely worthy of being ranked in this meta, especially in C rank alongside hocus pocus mons like hatterene and slowking which I think Mantine definitely has more of a niche than. Obviously, the main traits are being a complete stopgap to rain and Great Tusk, which it obviously does very well. For the former, it completely hardwalls the main things people complain about, being the Tera Water Swift Swimmers and Mega Swampert, and while Barraskewda's Psychic Fangs could 2HKO it, most teams should have sufficent pivots to not make that an issue. For the latter, the standard Offensive set with Rapid Spin, STABs, and Ice Spinner threatens almost everything for at least moderate damage, making it incredibly dangerous to pivot around. Expect Mantine's perfect typing means you eat every attack.

While Mantine does have those 2 amazing traits, it can also do more. Mainly, MZardY has been a rising breaker, being able to take advantage of most fat cores relying on the likes of Clodsire to wall special threats - but not fat cores with Mantine!!! Its generally titanic special bulk means it can sponge hits from a lot of special attackers in a pinch, mainly Specs Dragapult, Volcarona, Skeledirge and Iron Valiant. Tera Dark makes you a better check to the former while Tera fairy makes you a better check to the latter. Tera Dark also means if you run Haze and Toxic you can pretend its an espathra check!

Obviously Mant is very very VERY flawed, mainly its immense passivity makes it impossible to fit on anything that isn't stall and even stall teams struggle to find the teamslot for it. However, I think the defensive traits it does have are sufficent enough to give it a place.

ok because i dont actually play this hocus pocus tier that much and when i do i dont save my replays i dont have too many but heres some fun ones https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1797387010-cnsp5yu7tebhtmp0rtdjf3npvmxwwfqpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1783311098-ge6q3d1k07x7veztfllltiz05t7nfttpw (L)
What is the mega charizard y has solar beam, likely one does?

*like my one does

Alright, next Mon.

This one's probably gonna be a hot take, so brace yourselves, orthworm UNRANKED/B+
Now here me out here, you may all be screaming that cycluzar is a far better shed tail Mon, but the issue with it is, its too fast. Sure, it may have regenerator, but as soon as the sub is up, and you've swapped out you Mon, you opponent is just gonna break the sub, but, with orthworm, you will most lightly go last, so, if you equip with a sitris Berry, you will almost always get shed tail off, after your opponents turn, meaning not only do you get the safe switch in, but you get to keep the sub, a rarity if you use cyclazar. So I feel cyclazar should be dropped, and orthworm should take its place.

Last edited:

Sorry, I must of miss clicked somewhere

*like my one does
weakness policy dpult isnt really a great idea given dragapult's frailty. I would reccomend trying hex-wisp, specs, or ddance ghostium z.

Also, mantine isnt weak to solar beam so thats not an issue

weakness policy dpult isnt really a great idea given dragapult's frailty. I would reccomend trying hex-wisp, specs, or ddance ghostium z.

Also, mantine isnt weak to solar beam so thats not an issue
I ran endure on that set, durability wasn't my problem
Edit, also, mantine isnt weak to solar beam? Isnt it a water type
Edit 2: I just relized that mantine is Water flying, so your right mantine wouldn't be weak to grass, it would still do a large chunck of damage though. Also, thanks for the advise with dracopult
Final edit: also, I don't get why people normally run special sets on dpult, it's a physical attacker by quite a solid margin.

Last edited:
I ran endure on that set, durability wasn't my problem
Edit, also, mantine isnt weak to solar beam? Isnt it a water type
Edit 2: I just relized that mantine is Water flying, so your right mantine wouldn't be weak to grass, it would still do a large chunck of damage though. Also, thanks for the advise with dracopult
Final edit: also, I don't get why people normally run special sets on dpult, it's a physical attacker by quite a solid margin.
People run special sets because ghost stab is really good and dpult has terrible physical ghost stab

Sulo

pure heroine
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
People run special sets because ghost stab is really good and dpult has terrible physical ghost stab
To add onto this, its great Speed tier + Dragon STAB attacks being solidly spammable in conjunction with coverage and Ghost STAB makes Choice Specs a pretty good set really. Dragon Dance is for sure good but it's not like Choice Specs is bad either.

Hello folks, first post here on NatDex, I wanna use this chance to make a Nomination. I Nom Hoopa-U from UR to C.
I'm making this nomination in base of the Choice Band set which I been using.
Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Hoopa-U hits ridiculously hard with Tera, even resists take a hefty chuck from DarkBandHSFury, same thing under psychic field with PsychicBandZHeadbutt although I don't use it much since Kingsharp eat you for breakfast. While Hoopa is very physically frail, can't stay too long out of fear of fast U-Turns, given the right conditions it can make a huge mess, I been using it to great success, right now I'm the top 100, I believe it has a niche as a nuke with no Immunities who also ignores protects.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1798249697-6hlmt7w5edhkiuq90t2zb8gjhpwr7vypw
In this one Hoopa-U takes out almost the entire team and by forcing The tera on the Pex I could poison it stopping it from being a check to Donzo, giving me the win.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1798231020-bnofypnmleu8ip6ht21qswbvxuluuflpw
Here Hoopa-U keept pressuring the opponent, taking Corvi and focing the sack on the Clod while weakening Donzo so Lele could take it out and leaving the opponent nothing to stop a Donzo sweep.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1798217649-x645lgcfgjkqs6vcibi1u55bbdkprw0pw
Hoopa-U Heavely dents both gliscor and blissey while taking out Donzo and Tornadus, preying the passivity on the stall team and opening the way for the win.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1798215672-ar46erxmyb3uil9j93nemlm9jyj9cgdpw
Even without Tera, Hoopa-U makes good progress crushing the defensive backbone of the team, opening the way for a Annihilape sweep.

Edit: Some corrections and additions along the post.

Last edited:

sealoo

PaulGod
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
got some nominations ive been thinking about for a bit so here they are

Rises
:lopunny-mega: Mega Lopunny: A -> S-
there is very few fighting resists and sponges such as tusk are incredible prone to being chipped down into mlop's 2hko range. great speed tier and fake out is really really good

:heatran: Heatran: A -> A+
already wrote a nom abt it but yea this mon is disgusting and still as lethal as ever

:kingambit: Kingambit: A -> A+
completely elite offensively and is a great defensive answer to pult and dengo notably, cb/glasses/vest/lefties all great sets it can use.

:dragonite: Dragonite A- -> A
pretty much just needs one opportunity without even requiring facilitation from cyc to win a game, great mon and wincon. neat defensive profile too for offensive teams

:charizard-mega-y: Mega Charizard Y: B+ -> A-
damn near 0 switch ins and is a kill claiming machine, facilitates teammates like gtusk rly well and gambit makes its job much easier

:cyclizar: Cyclizar: B+ -> A-
shed tail exposes defensive mons and allows very effective pivots into teammates. can slot seamlessly into offensive builds not even just ho. scarf cyc is also underrated in rkilling potential ngl

:rotom-wash: Rotom-W: B+ -> A
no clue why this thing is that low, great pivot and solid fogger. pretty much free momentum whenever it gets in

:buzzwole: Buzzwole: B- -> B
absurd defensive profile checking urshifu, mlop, kart, gtusk, dd pult, zama, and weav please bump this up

:latios-mega: Mega Latios: C -> B-
mtios is honestly really annoying to switch into and has a solid speed tier. counters non tox heatran too which is cool. why is this below mtias which literally sucks!!!

:baxcalibur: Baxcalibur: C -> B-
actually really threatening ngl and makes washtom complete setup fodder. underrated!

:skarmory: Skarmory: C -> B
skarm is really good as a spike setter and also consistently owns gambit which is huge. underrated wincon with id press too, great mon. there are a million other things it can beat like gtusk and mlop and tera dragon (good tera) lets it own rain once u widdle down torn-t and/or zap

:hippowdon: Hippowdon: UR -> B-
no replays however i think gamer is gonna post a more in depth post abt hippo. i think this mon is great ngl, bodies koko, legit 6-0s rain, great for eating and getting a toxic off vs many mons. also sand passive chip is huge to widdle down shit like tornt and pex passively on the more fat styles its found on. sand is a god send for helping beat shit like ape and sub pult too. hipposkarm 4L

Drops

:tornadus-therian: Tornadus-T: S -> S-
dont get me wrong, i think torn is great and rly good glue for nearly every build, but i wouldnt put it over pult or mlop. great mon still

:tapu-koko: Tapu Koko: A- -> B+
koko just feels really solid, i dont think it deserves A- personally tho, kinda just a solid mon tbh. i do think more ppl should use toxic koko tho

:gastrodon: Gastrodon: A- -> B+
gastrodon fr just be existing, i think its cool for its role for vs rain but outside of that it feels like a nothingburger

:dondozo: Dondozo: B -> C
dondozo sucks and like adem said spends 80% of the game sleeping

:ting-lu: Ting-Lu: B -> B-
ting lu really is just the epitome of "what does he even do?" its a solid A- if it got Toxic tho

:latias-mega: Mega Latias: B- -> C
this mon really just sucks and i have been its biggest hater since last gen, PACKWATCH

Last edited:
Did Greninja fall out that hard to not even being ranked in viability? We live in such a crazy times lol.
gren's only saving grace is as a cleaner for rain after floatzel deletes their water resist, but honestly mswamp already wins at that point. it could maybe make c or c+

Edit: rip bozo forgor scarf. Still a pretty good set but the lack of surprise factor does suck.

Rises:

:kingambit: A to A+. Top 5 mon in the metagame. Tera Dark is devastating and it can get a lot of set up opportunities with its bulk. Can oftentimes trade 1.5-2 for 1. Guarantees Tera or outright removal of the opposing Ghost-type.

:annihilape: A- to A or even A+. It can get out of hand very, very easily. Punishes walls and passive Pokemon like no other can.

:charizard-mega-y: B+ to A-. Close to no safe switch-ins. Needs support in the teambuilder but the rewards are huge.

:cyclizar: B+ to A-. Even people have adjusted to this, I still think it deserves being ranked higher, as this playstyle is still very effective. It was ranked too low to begin with.

:rotom-w: B+ to A-. One of the best pivot out there, very desirable typing and a status machine with wisp+thunder wave.

:toxapex: B+ to A-. Ranked too low, it solves a lot of problems during teambuilding, and it is also one of the best counter to Lopunny and one of the best initial switch-in to Zamazenta. Tera Dark also helps against Espathra and Kingambit.

:tyranitar-mega: B+ to A- or even A. Pursuit Defog Torn-T, Pursuit Dragapult, Pursuit Charizard-Y, Pursuit Pelipper, Pursuit Volcarona...Never dead weight. Only Tusk, Zamazenta and Iron Hands are safe from this match-up. Disrupting weather based teams and dominating both Pelipper and Torkoal is very valuable for any team without another Mega. Forces Tera from Skeledirge and Espathra.

:Kartana: B to B+. Still one of the best revenge killer with scarf. Old checks such as Corviknight, defensive Dragonite or Tangrowth have taken a hit in viability.

:Zapdos: B to A-. Offensive Hurricane/Discharge/Heat Wave hits the whole A tier for at least around 50% except Gastrodon. Has a positive matchup against Tusk, Zamazenta, Torn-T, Urshifu and rain in general, so it warrants a much higher ranking.

:iron treads: C to B. Its higher speed and unique typing means it can do things that other cannot. On top of the usual Rapid Spin/SR/Knock Off to make progress, it can check Lele decently, revenge unboosted threats or at least damage every Pokemon that sit below 342 speed, which means Garchomp and lower.

:greninja: Rank it somewhere in B. Still forces a lot of switches and gets the opportunity to set up spikes.

Drops:

:gholdengo: A+ to A. I don't agree this is on the same level as the other A+ mons there. It's good but it doesn't exert pressure on the teambuilder nor during the game as much as the other A+/S ranks Pokemon can do. It doesn't even prevent defogging that well since all the viable hazard removal Pokemon have ways around it. Drop this if the standard for A+ is Lopunny and Tusk.

:volcarona: A to A-. Too inconsistent to warrant A. A lot of splashable checks that have to be weakened before a sweep. You don't expect a A-ranked Pokemon to be sometimes deadweight depending on the match up.

Rises:

:kingambit: A to A+. Top 5 mon in the metagame. Tera Dark is devastating and it can get a lot of set up opportunities with its bulk. Can oftentimes trade 1.5-2 for 1. Guarantees Tera or outright removal of the opposing Ghost-type.

:annihilape: A- to A or even A+. It can get out of hand very, very easily. Punishes walls and passive Pokemon like no other can.

:charizard-mega-y: B+ to A-. Close to no safe switch-ins. Needs support in the teambuilder but the rewards are huge.

:cyclizar: B+ to A-. Even people have adjusted to this, I still think it deserves being ranked higher, as this playstyle is still very effective. It was ranked too low to begin with.

:rotom-w: B+ to A-. One of the best pivot out there, very desirable typing and a status machine with wisp+thunder wave.

:toxapex: B+ to A-. Ranked too low, it solves a lot of problems during teambuilding, and it is also one of the best counter to Lopunny and one of the best initial switch-in to Zamazenta. Tera Dark also helps against Espathra and Kingambit.

:tyranitar-mega: B+ to A- or even A. Pursuit Defog Torn-T, Pursuit Dragapult, Pursuit Charizard-Y, Pursuit Pelipper, Pursuit Volcarona...Never dead weight. Only Tusk, Zamazenta and Iron Hands are safe from this match-up. Disrupting weather based teams and dominating both Pelipper and Torkoal is very valuable for any team without another Mega. Forces Tera from Skeledirge and Espathra.

:Kartana: B to B+. Still one of the best revenge killer with scarf. Old checks such as Corviknight, defensive Dragonite or Tangrowth have taken a hit in viability.

:Zapdos: B to A-. Offensive Hurricane/Discharge/Heat Wave hits the whole A tier for at least around 50% except Gastrodon. Has a positive matchup against Tusk, Zamazenta, Torn-T, Urshifu and rain in general, so it warrants a much higher ranking.

:iron treads: C to B. Its higher speed and unique typing means it can do things that other cannot. On top of the usual Rapid Spin/SR/Knock Off to make progress, it can check Lele decently, revenge unboosted threats or at least damage every Pokemon that sit below 342 speed, which means Garchomp and lower.

:greninja: Rank it somewhere in B. Still forces a lot of switches and gets the opportunity to set up spikes.

Drops:

:gholdengo: A+ to A. I don't agree this is on the same level as the other A+ mons there. It's good but it doesn't exert pressure on the teambuilder nor during the game as much as the other A+/S ranks Pokemon can do. It doesn't even prevent defogging that well since all the viable hazard removal Pokemon have ways around it. Drop this if the standard for A+ is Lopunny and Tusk.

:volcarona: A to A-. Too inconsistent to warrant A. A lot of splashable checks that have to be weakened before a sweep. You don't expect a A-ranked Pokemon to be sometimes deadweight depending on the match up.
why is glowking(focus blast for pursuit aka tyranitar king gambitweavile )not on viability it can take on so many special sweepers like koko Mcharizard y zapdos tornadus etc and sun and rain special sweepers slowbro(rocky helmet) easily checks Mega lopunny like its not even funny .
bring back future port so many new fighting types great tusk iron valient etc

Last edited:
:charizard-mega-y: Mega Charizard Y: B+ -> A-
damn near 0 switch ins and is a kill claiming machine, facilitates teammates like gtusk rly well and gambit makes its job much easier
There are zero switch-ins, except Zard-Y itself.

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Charizard-Mega-Y: 127-150 (42.7 - 50.5%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Moltres: 163-193 (50.7 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Scorching Sands vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Heatran: 248-296 (64.2 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kommo-o: 200-236 (56.4 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Wash: 286-338 (94 - 111.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Note that all of these Pokemon are slower than Zard-Y and they're the only mons that can stomach 2-3 moves. Even if they can damage it, they can't OHKO.

I think Mega Lopunny is better still, since its Close Combats can 2HKO even through resists, but Zard-Y is a close second.

sealoo

PaulGod
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Charizard-Mega-Y: 127-150 (42.7 - 50.5%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Moltres: 163-193 (50.7 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Scorching Sands vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Heatran: 248-296 (64.2 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kommo-o: 200-236 (56.4 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Wash: 286-338 (94 - 111.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Note that all of these Pokemon are slower than Zard-Y and they're the only mons that can stomach 2-3 moves. Even if they can damage it, they can't OHKO.

I think Mega Lopunny is better still, since its Close Combats can 2HKO even through resists, but Zard-Y is a close second.
Hydreigon, Hippowdon, and Chansey all switch in!

Hydreigon can't switch in to Focus Blast or Air Slash, and it's slower than Zard-Y once it does switch in. Latias has enough special bulk to handle Air Slash, and she outspeeds Zard-Y, but she has far less utility than Hydreigon or Flygon.

Nominating Hippowdon from UR -> B+
:bw/hippowdon:

Hippowdon is a very durable mixed wall and ground type that functions quite well in the current metagame. It can set Stealth Rocks and spread Toxic very effectively and rack up chip throughout a game. The standard set it runs is:
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Slack Off

It can check a good few of the special mons in the tier right now, notably non-Nasty Plot Tornadus, Tapu Lele, Specs Dragapult, and Mega Charizard Y. It also has some more fringe targets like Zapdos and Iron Valiant, while also acting as a cheeky tertiary Mega Lopunny answer.
252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 142-168 (33.8 - 40%) -- 28.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon in Psychic Terrain: 169-201 (40.2 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 353-416 (84 - 99%) -- not a KO

Mega Charizard is a fun case because it has a best case scenario:
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Weather Ball (100 BP Rock) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon in Sand: 56-66 (13.3 - 15.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

And a worst case scenario:
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 186-219 (44.2 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
yum

252 SpA Zapdos Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 154-183 (36.6 - 43.5%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 130-154 (30.9 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 175-207 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Hippowdon also brings something unique to the table that can't be replicated by any other ground type in the tier, being
20230212_221406.jpg

Sand Stream
Hippowdon's access to Sand Stream and great bulk means that it can switch into and stifle every weather-setter in the tier. In addition to sand being a neutral weather, it provides valuable chip on opposing pokemon. This is a form of consistent damage that can hit the opposing pokemon no matter what (even behind sub) that helps stop Hippowdon from being too passive. (Reminder that although 6% doesn't sound like a lot, it only takes ~16 turns for sand to do 100%)
8 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 150-176 (35.7 - 41.9%) -- 83.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

8 SpA Torkoal Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 67-81 (15.9 - 19.2%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 114-134 (27.1 - 31.9%) -- 35.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Hippowdon keeps rain off the entire game and wears down Pelipper with rocks and sand
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1798745663

Hippo beats Espathra 1 on 1 and kills Pult from behind sub with sand
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1798741801

Hippo resets rain and plays an active role in enabling its teamates and chipping the opponent
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1786580597-j0vjpaya9w7o11ri8kn66x1qlgcsxqepw

Nominating Mega Beedrill: UR -> C
1676433907483.png

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
Ability: Adaptability
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Knock Off

U-Turn/Poison Jab/Drill Run/Knock Off is the most common move set. It can use Knock Off to make progress against mons that can like to come in against it, like Corviknight, Skarmory & Landorus-Therian, and click U-Turn against them for free later on in the game. U-Turn and Poison Jab are great offensive coverage options bolstered by Adaptability, and U-Turn specifically is great for keeping momentum. Drill Run is a good option for punishing would-be answers like Heatran or specially defensive Toxapex, who can potentially out-heal the damage and Scald back, but risks being crit by Drill Run's increased critical hit ratio.

Mega Beedrill shines in the late-game when a lot of its answers are dead or severely weakened, leaving it to clean up the rest. It acts as a fantastic check to Pokémon such as (Mega) Latios & (Mega) Latias, Tapu Koko & non-scarfed Tapu Lele, and Pokémon such as Specs Dragapult, Mega Charizard-Y, Gholdengo, Mega Medicham & Cyclizar when they have taken a little bit of chip damage.

It struggles to take hits with 65/40/80 bulk, leaving it vulnerable to priority moves, scarfed Pokémon, Pokémon that outspeed it after a boost, and hazards such as Stealth Rock. Mega Beedrill prefers being sent in via slow pivot to avoid taking damage, so Pokémon such as Rotom-Wash, Corviknight, Slowbro, or Chansey/Blissey help keep Mega Beedrill healthy. Corviknight and Rotom-Wash also have the added benefit of acting as defoggers for Mega Beedrill.

Mega Beedrill is able to outspeed and damage Cyclizar out of Shed Tail range, even if it holds a Sitrus Berry, and live a potential Overheat
252 Atk Adaptability Beedrill-Mega Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Cyclizar: 274-324 (79.6 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Cyclizar Overheat vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Beedrill-Mega: 196-232 (72.3 - 85.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Beedrill-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 298-352 (94 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Beedrill-Mega Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 202-238 (63.7 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Beedrill-Mega Drill Run vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 372-440 (96.3 - 113.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Adaptability Beedrill-Mega Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tera Grass Heatran: 372-440 (96.3 - 113.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Beedrill-Mega Drill Run vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 136-160 (44.7 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 Atk Adaptability Beedrill-Mega Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 238-280 (80.1 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Adaptability Beedrill-Mega Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Medicham-Mega: 222-262 (85 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Mega Beedrill can potentially take a hit from Gholdengo's Make It Rain
252 Atk Beedrill-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 246-290 (78 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Beedrill-Mega: 238-282 (87.8 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Adaptability Beedrill-Mega U-turn vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ting-Lu: 280-332 (54.4 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Why the Steel tera?
I found the reason. Steel is the best tera that allows Hippo to not take passive chip from sandstorm and gives resistances to Ice/Grass, which Ground is weak to.

But I'm not convinced it's really worth it. Steel tera needs a defensive ability (Bulletproof, Levitate, Flash Fire) to compensate for the exposure to high BP attacks like Earthquake and Close Combat. Being immune to Toxic isn't enough. On the teams where Hippo fits it replaces Heatran who commonly teras into Grass, which completely stuffs Mega Swampert, Ferrothorn and opposing Heatran.

Tera Dragon is also an option, as Dragon's resistances overlap wth Grass with an added Fire resistance. I don't think the Fairy weakness is as exploitable if paired with a specially defensive Steel like Heatran, Ferrothorn or Gholdengo.

Nominating Mega Beedrill: UR -> C
View attachment 492277
Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
Ability: Adaptability
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Knock Off

U-Turn/Poison Jab/Drill Run/Knock Off is the most common move set. It can use Knock Off to make progress against mons that can like to come in against it, like Corviknight, Skarmory & Landorus-Therian, and click U-Turn against them for free later on in the game. U-Turn and Poison Jab are great offensive coverage options bolstered by Adaptability, and U-Turn specifically is great for keeping momentum. Drill Run is a good option for punishing would-be answers like Heatran or specially defensive Toxapex, who can potentially out-heal the damage and Scald back, but risks being crit by Drill Run's increased critical hit ratio.

Mega Beedrill shines in the late-game when a lot of its answers are dead or severely weakened, leaving it to clean up the rest. It acts as a fantastic check to Pokémon such as (Mega) Latios & (Mega) Latias, Tapu Koko & non-scarfed Tapu Lele, and Pokémon such as Specs Dragapult, Mega Charizard-Y, Gholdengo, Mega Medicham & Cyclizar when they have taken a little bit of chip damage.

It struggles to take hits with 65/40/80 bulk, leaving it vulnerable to priority moves, scarfed Pokémon, Pokémon that outspeed it after a boost, and hazards such as Stealth Rock. Mega Beedrill prefers being sent in via slow pivot to avoid taking damage, so Pokémon such as Rotom-Wash, Corviknight, Slowbro, or Chansey/Blissey help keep Mega Beedrill healthy. Corviknight and Rotom-Wash also have the added benefit of acting as defoggers for Mega Beedrill.

Mega Beedrill is able to outspeed and damage Cyclizar out of Shed Tail range, even if it holds a Sitrus Berry, and live a potential Overheat
252 Atk Adaptability Beedrill-Mega Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Cyclizar: 274-324 (79.6 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Cyclizar Overheat vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Beedrill-Mega: 196-232 (72.3 - 85.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Beedrill-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 298-352 (94 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Beedrill-Mega Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 202-238 (63.7 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Beedrill-Mega Drill Run vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 372-440 (96.3 - 113.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Adaptability Beedrill-Mega Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tera Grass Heatran: 372-440 (96.3 - 113.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Beedrill-Mega Drill Run vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 136-160 (44.7 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 Atk Adaptability Beedrill-Mega Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 238-280 (80.1 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Adaptability Beedrill-Mega Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Medicham-Mega: 222-262 (85 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Mega Beedrill can potentially take a hit from Gholdengo's Make It Rain
252 Atk Beedrill-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 246-290 (78 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Beedrill-Mega: 238-282 (87.8 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Adaptability Beedrill-Mega U-turn vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ting-Lu: 280-332 (54.4 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I don't think mega beedrill is a check to mega charizard y, I use mega charizard y and beedrill is actually very bad against it unless it's already weak.

Nominating Hippowdon from UR -> B+
:bw/hippowdon:

Hippowdon is a very durable mixed wall and ground type that functions quite well in the current metagame. It can set Stealth Rocks and spread Toxic very effectively and rack up chip throughout a game. The standard set it runs is:
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Slack Off

It can check a good few of the special mons in the tier right now, notably non-Nasty Plot Tornadus, Tapu Lele, Specs Dragapult, and Mega Charizard Y. It also has some more fringe targets like Zapdos and Iron Valiant, while also acting as a cheeky tertiary Mega Lopunny answer.
252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 142-168 (33.8 - 40%) -- 28.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon in Psychic Terrain: 169-201 (40.2 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 353-416 (84 - 99%) -- not a KO

Mega Charizard is a fun case because it has a best case scenario:
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Weather Ball (100 BP Rock) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon in Sand: 56-66 (13.3 - 15.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

And a worst case scenario:
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 186-219 (44.2 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
yum

252 SpA Zapdos Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 154-183 (36.6 - 43.5%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 130-154 (30.9 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 175-207 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Hippowdon also brings something unique to the table that can't be replicated by any other ground type in the tier, being
View attachment 492249

Sand Stream
Hippowdon's access to Sand Stream and great bulk means that it can switch into and stifle every weather-setter in the tier. In addition to sand being a neutral weather, it provides valuable chip on opposing pokemon. This is a form of consistent damage that can hit the opposing pokemon no matter what (even behind sub) that helps stop Hippowdon from being too passive. (Reminder that although 6% doesn't sound like a lot, it only takes ~16 turns for sand to do 100%)
8 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 150-176 (35.7 - 41.9%) -- 83.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

8 SpA Torkoal Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 67-81 (15.9 - 19.2%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 114-134 (27.1 - 31.9%) -- 35.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Hippowdon keeps rain off the entire game and wears down Pelipper with rocks and sand
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1798745663

Hippo beats Espathra 1 on 1 and kills Pult from behind sub with sand
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1798741801

Hippo resets rain and plays an active role in enabling its teamates and chipping the opponent
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1786580597-j0vjpaya9w7o11ri8kn66x1qlgcsxqepw
I don't think the Hippo counters char, if you switch into a Mega charizard y, it's just gonna solar beam you

the best switch in is /glowking/ since its greatest weakness is pursuit best to have focus blast flamethroeer for king gambit

gren's only saving grace is as a cleaner for rain after floatzel deletes their water resist, but honestly mswamp already wins at that point. it could maybe make c or c+

Edit: rip bozo forgor scarf. Still a pretty good set but the lack of surprise factor does suck.
Yeah, I thought so, he still has some niché, hopefully it gets ranked somehow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)