Project National Dex UU Next Best Thing: Cycle 18 - Crobat (Voting)

Reserving offensive rocks.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 148 Atk / 108 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Grass Knot

This is heat, Mixed Infernape aims to provide for more offensive teams by compressing Stealth Rocks into its moveset since it usually only needs 3 Attacking moves to pose a threat to most teams, allowing teammates such as Krookodile to run Scarf or Nihilego to run both coverage and Knock Off, EVs are to 2HKO Salamence through Intimidate with Stone Edge and 2HKO SpD Hippowdon/OHKO Rhyperior with Grass Knot.

Last edited:
Infernape @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Endeavor
- Vacuum Wave

This is one of the many sets I use with Infernape, and this is one the few I manage to use effectively in NDOU(U heard right, OU) The other being Fightinium Z Nasty Plot, and sometimes Choice Specs.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Pubo and his SubDisable set! Your victory shall be added to the Hall of Fame shortly!

And now for something special with cycle 10! I want to thank everyone for participating in this for 10 whole cycles now, so we'll be doing something different today.

Cycle 10
:ss/infernape:

Yes, an unranked Pokemon! Every 10 cycles I'll be putting up an unranked Pokemon in the NDUU tier, and it's up to you guys to find its hidden potential! That'll be the reason for no banned sets either - they don't exist yet! So have fun and create the best Infernape set (not) out there!

Deadline is May 6th​
Does Infernape have any "Banned" sets?

Defensive
btw isn't it better to just use flamethrower? Overheat seems overkill to be the STAB for a defensive fire that isn't heatom.
overheat = overkill
heat = kill

I kinda feel like I should had put the Nasty Plot set, but it's a bit too late now.
Still, for those interested

1652219358019.png

Infernape (M) @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave

We have a tie here between Specs and Defensive, so with my own vote to Defensive it now wins. Congratulations to Pubo (again) for winning this week of Next Best Thing! (Yes, I know, I could've voted for Specs so pubo didn't win again, but also, the Specs set is ass.)

Cycle 11
:ss/zeraora:

Zeraora has been at the top of the meta for quite a while now, using its HDB pivot set. However, despite seeing occasional use every now and again, setup sets and other sets of Zeraora have never been experimented with much. Can you find its next best set?

Banned Sets
Deadline is Sunday 15th​

Zeraora @ Choice Band
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Blaze Kick
- Play Rough
- Close Combat

Zera's damage output sometimes isn't the greatest, but Band can fix that. CC is likely chunking Grounds for solid damage. Lowkey this looks annoying for some teams that dont have hippo or smthn.

Last edited:

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
:Zeraora:
Zeraora @ Grassium Z :Grassium Z:
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Calm Mind
- Substitute / Taunt

Grassium-Z Zeraora breaks past common checks like Hippowdon, Gastrodon, Swampert, and Donphan. Due to Calm Mind sets being so unorthadox, it's heavily unexpected and can be really hard to shutdown because of Zeraora's favorable speed. Thunderbolt is quite self-explanatory, Grass Knot is the star of the show as it greatly overcomes some of Zeraora's flaws (Barely touching Ground-types), Calm Mind makes Zeraora quite annoying to most walls, and finally Substitute allows for free Calm Minds and can be problematic as it usually requires a sacrifice to break it. Taunt is definitely interchangeable in the last slot so Zeraora doesn't get taunted or hazed.

Shuca Berry Pivot :shuca berry:

Zeraora @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature / Naive Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
- Toxic / Grass Knot

Earthquake is definitely not something zeraora likes, so slap on a shuca berry and you are guranteed to punish a ground that isn't gligar(which has fallen off after melm got sent out of the tier) without needing predictions via toxic or grass knot. Ofc losing boots hinder it's pivoting ability a lot so this should only be a consideration if the team is not having a great MU against the ground types.

0 Atk Swampert Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Shuca Berry Zeraora: 147-174 (46.3 - 54.8%) -- 83.6% chance to 2HKO

0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Shuca Berry Zeraora: 150-177 (47.3 - 55.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

Last edited:
Zeraora @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat

Zera's damage output sometimes isn't the greatest, but Band can fix that. CC is likely chunking Grounds for solid damage. Lowkey this looks annoying for some teams that dont have hippo or smthn.
I was gonna put this set, but frankly, you beat me to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)