Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Since this Zera isn't CC, Mamoswine can easily come into it early-game since Volt Switch gets blocked, its Rocks set also keeps hazards off against Salamence thanks to priority and Ice + Ground STAB is as we all know, basically unresisted, so you generally don't want to let this in if you can avoid it.
252 Atk Zeraora Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 115-136 (31.8 - 37.6%) -- 91.6% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zeraora: 456-536 (143.8 - 169%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 60 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 348-412 (100.5 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Nihilego @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Meteor Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Stealth Rock

Now ofc I had to pull out the “this set is only good in this one scenario” nihilego, I just had to.

Now if you look very closely you will see that zeraora is a bad mon and can’t even eat a plus 1 meteor beam from nihilego and can’t ohko a mon with 53 base defense.

+1 176 SpA Nihilego Meteor Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Zeraora: 330-388 (104.1 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Nihilego: 267-315 (70.4 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I don’t feel the need to show the mence calc but as you can see the math do be mathin so obviously I have won. we don’t talk about the fact it can miss

Nihilego @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Stealth Rock

Now ofc I had to pull out the “this set is only good in this one scenario” nihilego, I just had to.

Now if you look very closely you will see that zeraora is a bad mon and can’t even eat a plus 1 meteor beam from nihilego and can’t ohko a mon with 53 base defense.

+1 176 SpA Nihilego Meteor Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Zeraora: 330-388 (104.1 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Nihilego: 267-315 (70.4 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I don’t feel the need to show the mence calc but as you can see the math do be mathin so obviously I have won. we don’t talk about the fact it can miss
you know nihi loses when zera clicks knock -> plasma fists

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

it is a check to both of them as it can pressure zeraora since it is without CC it does 60 max with plasma fists, while salamence is ohko'ed by stone edge, zeraora is also pressured by stone edge and cant knock off the choice band without giving it a justified boost

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 60 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 392-464 (113.2 - 134.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 160-190 (49.5 - 58.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zeraora: 309-364 (97.4 - 114.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

you know nihi loses when zera clicks knock -> plasma fists
and terrak loses when zer clicks volt into mence and either mence eats cc or zer comes back in on stone edge lives and 2hkoes with plasma
there now we both said how the others fails lol
they can also just lead mence and sac to 2hko with zer unless they get super unlucky

and terrak loses when zer clicks volt into mence and either mence eats cc or zer comes back in on stone edge lives and 2hkoes with plasma
there now we both said how the others fails lol
they can also just lead mence and sac to 2hko with zer unless they get super unlucky
the thing is u dont beat the core as zera beats nihi either way while terrak forces the ohko on one of them and can just come in later .... if they lead mence and they sac it then its a win for me...

Nihilego @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Not much to explain here, Nihilego is one of the most broken mons in the tier on paper and in practice and here is shines again. Even an unboosted sludge wave from Nihilego has a chance to OHKO a Hatterene from full health and after it gets a boost from Meteor Beam nothing stands a chance of stopping it.

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Regieleki @ Magnet
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

:sm/aggron-mega:

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Body Press/Fire Punch/Ice Punch
- Toxic/Iron Defense/Fire Punch

This thing is currently not on VR (soon to change) and is also probably one of the absolute best Steels in the tier. Takes not much from Heat Wave and since Umbreon is running the "bad" spread you just KO it with anything and take not much from Foul Play. You can run just about combination of the listed moves on it as long as it has Heavy Slam for Altaria and has Stealth Rock.

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
:Dracozolt:
Dracozolt @ Dragonium Z :Dragonium Z:
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Bolt Beak
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Pretty self explanatory, Bolt Beak OHKO's Mega Pidgeot and Devestating Drake has a chance to OHKO Umbreon (Any chip does the trick).

252+ Atk Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (85 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pidgeot-Mega: 458-540 (149.1 - 175.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Alright, now I love these two mons and I would hate to break such a beautiful core but, no one is more prepared for the job than someone who has these two as some of their favorite Pokemon. Reckless Mienshao is insane and no one uses it enough, heres why.

252 Atk Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 456-536 (115.7 - 136%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pidgeot-Mega: 297-351 (96.7 - 114.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

This needs next to no chip to kill the Pidgeot from full and needs no chip at all if rocks are up. It's not just KOing them with the reckless high jump kick but also outspeeding both of them with the choice scarf.

Dedenne @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recycle
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam

Imma disrespect kyanno by using a pika clone typically having no nieche anywhere to stuff his core.

252 SpA Pidgeot-Mega Heat Wave vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Dedenne: 148-175 (53.6 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I have said enough. Thank you for listening to my TED talk on how dedenne is the goat.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

BONk with return and dd on mega pidgeon for ez win

1653400326213.png

btw this means max sp. def not max speed im unsure if that is what this means

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pidgeot-Mega: 349-412 (113.6 - 134.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Pidgeot-Mega Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Terrakion: 202-238 (62.5 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 536-632 (136 - 160.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 84-99 (26 - 30.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

TSDR:Terrakion go brrrrrrrrrr

DD Refresh Malt(Sample)

:altaria-mega:

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Refresh / Heal Bell
- Roost

The more straightforward the approach is, the easier it is. This set's advantage lies in being able to ignore toxic for a few turn/ Heal bell and refresh are swapped in order because of the pp difference, but you can definitely let the goat of the tier still ring the bell if you need more team support. Basically set up against umbreon until you are at +2 then sweep, even if pidgeot switches in as 30%(confuse) x 33%(first confuse self hit) + 2/3(first safe turn) x 1/3(second turn self hit) = 32%~ which is a hax that we can't really do anything about except pray. Also we need return here so +2 actually kills(which i just realised half way in writing this post)

+2 0 Atk Pixilate Altaria-Mega Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pidgeot-Mega: 340-402 (110.7 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 0 Atk Pixilate Altaria-Mega Return vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 524-618 (132.9 - 156.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)