cuz u really hurt me
art by Gaboswampert
Welcome to the official National Dex Ubers Viability Rankings thread. In this thread, we as a community will be ranking every single usable Pokemon into "tiers." You're encouraged to post your thoughts and opinions on the various Pokemon that are usable in National Dex Ubers and what tier they should fall under. Posts in this thread will be taken into account when deciding rank changes.
The general idea of the topic is to rank each Pokemon under "rankings" that go in descending order. Since this is a tier list for the entire metagame, everything is lumped together. There won't be any segregation between offense, defense, and supportive presences in the metagame within this thread. For example, Ho-Oh can be ranked in the A+ tier as a supportive presence, Xerneas can be ranked in the A+ tier as an offensive presence, and Arceus-Water can be ranked in the A+ tier as a defensive presence.
Finally, there will be a viability council of experienced players who will discuss and vote on the ranking of Pokemon. Depending on how the metagame is developing, we could update the thread every couple of weeks or every month+. The current viability council consists of the following users:
National Dex Ubers Ranking Tier List
Sample sets can be accessed by clicking on the Pokemon's name
S Rank [ordered by viability]
1. Primal Groudon
A Rank [ordered by viability]
1. Primal Kyogre
2. Mega Mewtwo Y
B Rank [ordered alphabetically]
Mega Mewtwo X
C Rank [ordered alphabetically]
D Rank [ordered alphabetically]
Reminder: these Pokemon are unviable, but Ubers by tiering.
- Post intelligently. Posts like "I think Pokemon X should be in this tier" will be deleted. Expand on your opinion with actual analysis showing understanding of the metagame and perhaps bringing a unique perspective to the conversation.
- Absolutely no flaming, personal attacks, or general idiocy will be tolerated.
- Usage statistics may be used to support an argument or a claim, but don't base your ENTIRE argument around them.
- When nominating a Pokemon to move from one rank to another, do not merely list its obvious qualities such as stats, typing, movepool, etc. If you think a Pokemon deserves to rise or drop, explain what has changed in the meta to cause such Pokemon to get better or worse.
- Unrelated discussion and unproductive one liners that do not greatly contribute to discussion will be deleted.
- Being Natdex AG or Natdex Ubers by tiering alone does not guarantee a ranking above the D rank.
- If you are nominating a Pokemon to be ranked (meaning it was previously unranked), then you need to provide serious replays of it being used.
- Failure to follow these rules after warning(s) will result in an infraction.