Ubers National Dex Ubers Metagame Discussion (survey results @ post #303)

hp fire on kyogre what are you cooking
sorry will update

Are you looking for feedback or do you think your team is any good?
well i think its fine
and i am looking for feedback so i can become better

are you looking for help with the team?
i remade it here in case you wanted help with it.
https://pokepast.es/cf80b4da5ee810ae
anyways, why do some of the mons not have a nature? why hp fire on kyogre? why sd darkrai??
i forgot you cant use fire moves in rain and will update it to hp flying

are you looking for help with the team?
i remade it here in case you wanted help with it.
https://pokepast.es/cf80b4da5ee810ae
anyways, why do some of the mons not have a nature? why hp fire on kyogre? why sd darkrai??
and I'm using Darkrai as a niche solution that people dont expect for the popular legends and other pokemon in the tier

and swords dance is mainly to work with setups i can put out

Last edited by a moderator:

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Been doing some building & laddering which made me realize a couple of things about the metagame, so I wanted to share those. I also just wanted to take a snapshot of the metagame before the storm of development in NDWC ~

Koraidon

:sv/koraidon:
This thing is teetering around the edge of broken for me. The defensive metagame is revolved around it with Ho-Oh being the second best glue in the tier, Arceus-Fairy being the best support Arceus form, and Choice Scarf users being borderline mandatory on any serious balance if you don't want to lose to SD Koraidon variants. The funny thing about this is Koraidon being the best Choice Scarf user in the tier as well, directly feeding into its own usage (although I've come to appreciate Ditto as a good alternative recently, since it doesn't lose to SD Flame Charge Koraidon sets). The issue with Koraidon though, is that it doesn't really have any good checks at the end of the day.

Koraidon @ Leftovers
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Wild Charge
- Flame Charge

A simple set like this breaks through the most commonly run checks in Ho-Oh / Arceus-Fairy, while boasting deceptively good staying power with its great bulk and Leftovers. You can also run Dragon Claw over Wild Charge if you want to break the Giratina formes and OHKO Zygarde-C & Mega Salamence after a boost, at the cost of missing out on the OHKO on Ho-Oh. In fast-paced teams, you can even throw caution out the window and run Outrage / Z-Dragon Claw to get the OHKO on Ho-Oh as well as the aforementioned Dragon-types, although running Outrage / forfeiting the ability to Terastalize does come with annoying drawbacks. Crux of the matter is that I just don't think we've been able to figure out how to check Koraidon's SD sets, which is pretty alarming given the months of time we've had to do so. I personally find myself running Ho-Oh + Choice Scarf Koraidon on almost every team I build and still not being fully satisfied with the amount of outs I have. Recently, I've started using Ditto a lot more frequently, and while I think that has mostly solved the issue for myself, it's not exactly a very healthy adjustment. At the moment, I think a suspect test for either Koraidon or Terastal is not out of the question but I'm curious how others think about this, so please let me know what your thoughts are!

Terastal

:sv/xerneas::sv/zygarde-complete:

Speaking of questionable aspects, let's tackle Terastal now. I think at this point, the Terastal mechanic is pretty much synonymous to two specific sets in the metagame that abuse it to the fullest: Geomancy Xerneas and Thousand Waves Zygarde-C. I'll be blunt, I don't find Xerneas to be as problematic as people make it out to be. Yes, it can break through all of its checks with the correct Tera type, but let's be honest, Electric is the only one worth running in a metagame infested to the brim with Ho-Oh. This means that every single team is equipped at trading blows with Xerneas in the form of Primal Groudon. Secondly, the Terastal argument goes both ways: Xerneas can delete Ho-Oh with Tera Electric Thunderbolt / Thunder, but Ho-Oh can also Tera Fire in response and proceed to either cripple it with boosted Sacred Fire or phaze it out. The same goes for Necrozma-DM, although that interaction is a bit dicier due to Tera Electric granting a Sunsteel Strike-resistance. Anyways, Xerneas only gets one chance to pull off a sweep, so using your Tera to stop it is entirely justified. You are also free to stack multiple checks without really compromising any teambuilding synergy, since Primal Groudon, Necrozma-DM, and Ho-Oh are inherent superglues in this metagame. Something else people tend to overlook is the fact that Xerneas hits a lot less hard this generation due to the necessity of a Timid nature, since it wants to get past the ubiquitous Choice Scarf Koraidon. All in all, I think Xerneas is one of the best Pokemon in the metagame that demands immediate respect, but I don't find it to be broken, not even with Terastal in the picture.

Thousand Waves Zygarde-C, however, is a bit different of a case. For those that are unfamiliar, the second set in this link is what I'm talking about. With this set, Zygarde-C is able to trap traditional checks in Arceus-Fairy / other support Arceus formes, terastalize into a neutral / favourable typing, and continue to boost up to +6 and sweep. This set feels unhealthy to me, since all it takes sometimes is a single Thousand Waves to end a game right there and then. It does get annoyed by Taunt Arceus formes a little bit, but not to a point where I'm confident to say Taunt Arceus is a good check. After all, Zygarde-C can usually just Dragon Dance turn 1, and then spam Thousand Waves / Thousand Arrows with the occasional Dragon Dance in between until Arceus runs out of Recover PP, rendering it useless. I've been finding myself running combinations of Taunt Arceus, Whirlwind Tera Grass Ho-Oh, Coil Zygarde-C etc. to account for this set in the builder, which has mostly been good enough to keep it at bay, but I still want to know what others think about it.

Underrated Pokemon

:sv/arceus-dark:
Arceus-Dark is already ranked at A-, but I still think this is criminally low for a Pokemon that offers so much. As a support Arceus form, it's the only one that checks Ultra Necrozma, while also being a fine check to Primal Groudon, Mega Salamence, and Necrozma-DM. What truly separates it from other support Arceus formes though, is access to STAB Foul Play. This move is a literal godsend for it, letting it punish Koraidon and Zacian-C harshly, and allowing it to blanket check the myriad of setup sweepers in this tier. Arceus-Dark benefits hugely from Terastal as well, with Tera Poison letting it flip the tables entirely on its nemeses in Koraidon, Xerneas, and Zacian-C. A simple Foul Play / Taunt / Toxic set does all of the aforementioned, while turning it into a great win condition. Hands down the best support Arceus form alongside Arceus-Fairy.

:sv/ditto:
Ditto is simply incredible support. The things it does are pretty damn notable and can't be replicated by anything else. It's the only form of speed control that limits SD Koraidon sufficiently, while also checking humongous metagame threats in Xerneas, offensive Eternatus, Zacian-C, Mega Salamence, and pretty much every DD / SD Arceus form. In a metagame where hyper offense is a great playstyle, Ditto solo's a boatload of matchups entirely by itself. I would definitely rank it at B+ / A- at least if I had it my way.

:sv/arceus-poison:
Arceus-Poison @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Poison Jab
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock / Taunt (Earthquake / Thunder Wave are valid if you want to annoy Eternatus)
- Recover

Arceus-Poison compresses a check to top tier staples in Koraidon, Xerneas, Zacian-C and Arceus, while also giving you a Toxic immunity and Toxic Spikes absorber. You do have to make sure you couple it up with checks to Primal Groudon and Zygarde-C, since usually you would use your Arceus slot to check those. I haven't found this to be much of an issue however, since you can just pair it with the likes of Zygarde-C, bulky Primal Kyogre, Giratina-O etc. and you'll be fine. A severely underrated Pokemon that for some reason is ranked C+ right now.

sorry will update

well i think its fine
and i am looking for feedback so i can become better

i forgot you cant use fire moves in rain and will update it to hp flying

and I'm using Darkrai as a niche solution that people dont expect for the popular legends and other pokemon in the tier

and swords dance is mainly to work with setups i can put out
name those popular legends and other pokemon that don't beat that darkrai in particular

name those popular legends and other pokemon that don't beat that darkrai in particular
well darkrai can viably beat the arceus forms specifically the mighty ground form which is very popular. darkrai can also beat primal groudon because it can learn coverage moves that be those pokemon

darkrai also is very bulky and has good defensive typing.
besides mega lucario which anything else eats for lunch there is no real counter.
they just don't expect darkrai

well darkrai can viably beat the arceus forms specifically the mighty ground form which is very popular. darkrai can also beat primal groudon because it can learn coverage moves that be those pokemon

darkrai also is very bulky and has good defensive typing.
besides mega lucario which anything else eats for lunch there is no real counter.
they just don't expect darkrai
“darkrai also is very bulky and has good defensive typing.” 70/90/90 uninvested isn’t good bulk
“there is no real counter”
252 Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Darkrai: 306-360 (108.8 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Collision Course vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Tera Flying Darkrai: 136-161 (48.3 - 57.2%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Tera Flying Darkrai: 195-229 (69.3 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Flying Darkrai: 226-267 (80.4 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Darkrai: 220-261 (78.2 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
no real counters

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Just reposting the stats from the recent ghosting tour:

:groudon-primal: Cumulative Usage Stats :groudon-primal:
Moves & Teammates | Combos | Leads
Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| -    | Arceus-*           |   35 |  83.33% |  51.43% |
| 1    | Groudon            |   29 |  69.05% |  55.17% |
| 2    | Necrozma-Dusk-Mane |   27 |  64.29% |  48.15% |
| 3    | Ho-Oh              |   23 |  54.76% |  47.83% |
| 4    | Koraidon           |   19 |  45.24% |  42.11% |
| 5    | Xerneas-*          |   13 |  30.95% |  46.15% |
| 5    | Eternatus          |   13 |  30.95% |  38.46% |
| 7    | Arceus-Ground      |   11 |  26.19% |  45.45% |
| 8    | Kyogre             |   10 |  23.81% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Marshadow          |    8 |  19.05% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Arceus             |    8 |  19.05% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Zygarde            |    7 |  16.67% |  57.14% |
| 11   | Arceus-Dark        |    7 |  16.67% |  42.86% |
| 13   | Yveltal            |    6 |  14.29% |  66.67% |
| 14   | Flutter Mane       |    5 |  11.90% |  20.00% |
| 15   | Arceus-Fairy       |    4 |   9.52% |  75.00% |
| 15   | Ditto              |    4 |   9.52% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Zacian-*           |    4 |   9.52% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Salamence          |    4 |   9.52% |  25.00% |
| 19   | Grimmsnarl         |    3 |   7.14% |  66.67% |
| 19   | Arceus-Water       |    3 |   7.14% |  66.67% |
| 19   | Deoxys-Speed       |    3 |   7.14% |  33.33% |
| 22   | Hatterene          |    2 |   4.76% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Magearna           |    2 |   4.76% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Melmetal           |    2 |   4.76% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Calyrex-Ice        |    2 |   4.76% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Giratina           |    2 |   4.76% |  50.00% |
| 22   | Dondozo            |    2 |   4.76% |  50.00% |
| 22   | Chansey            |    2 |   4.76% |  50.00% |
| 22   | Gothitelle         |    2 |   4.76% |  50.00% |
| 22   | Galvantula         |    2 |   4.76% |  50.00% |
| 22   | Ferrothorn         |    2 |   4.76% |   0.00% |
| 22   | Deoxys-Attack      |    2 |   4.76% |   0.00% |
| 33   | Rayquaza           |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 33   | Landorus           |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 33   | Lugia              |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 33   | Palkia-Origin      |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 33   | Cyclizar           |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 33   | Diancie            |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 33   | Houndstone         |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 33   | Smeargle           |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 33   | Kyurem-Black       |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 33   | Roaring Moon       |    1 |   2.38% | 100.00% |
| 33   | Clodsire           |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 33   | Great Tusk         |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 33   | Kyurem-White       |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 33   | Landorus-Therian   |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 33   | Gholdengo          |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 33   | Froslass           |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
| 33   | Lunala             |    1 |   2.38% |   0.00% |
Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Lets discuss draining kiss xerneas. I think it is decent. It only really has three counters: Groudon, Koraidon, and Marshadow. If those are gone, xerneas becomes very hard to stop. Heres my set:
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aromatherapy
- Draining Kiss
- Geomancy
- Thunderbolt
The game plan is simple. Switch it in against a special attacker. It can survive essentially any special attack in the tier, including a water spout from a max special attack primal kyogre with good rng. Then, click Geomancy. after that, click draining kiss. you are now at near full health, and if the victim is still alive, can do nothing to you, as you are now impervious to special attacks. they will then bring in ndm or zacian to revenge kill you. tera electric to resist it, and hit them with two thunderbolts, which they should be unable to live. from there, if none of its three counters are left, you win, as nothing can outspeed you, and anything that survives draining kiss cant do enough to kill you faster than you can heal.

Last edited:
The game plan is simple. Switch it in against a special attacker. It can survive essentially any special attack in the tier, including a water spout from a max special attack primal kyogre with good rng. Then, click Geomancy. after that, click draining kiss. you are now at near full health,
they'll immediatly swap to a counter anyways as it's a xerneas after all

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aromatherapy
- Draining Kiss
- Geomancy
- Thunderbolt
this cant even ohko ho-oh
+2 252 SpA Xerneas Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ho-Oh: 272-320 (65.3 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

ho-oh just whirlwinds you and wins

Groudon, Koraidon, and Marshadow.
you forgot arceus as it can SD safely considering your pathetic damage output. Although you could thunderbolt the second attack, youd still lose
(+2 252+ Atk Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Electric Tera Type Xerneas: 283-334 (71.8 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) meaning that this xerneas set needs to choose between pathetic damage and physical bulk, with solid special bulk, or pathetic damage moderate physical bulk and above average special bulk. In short, it's terrible

this cant even ohko ho-oh
+2 252 SpA Xerneas Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ho-Oh: 272-320 (65.3 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Tera Electric Xerneas Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ho-Oh: 408-480 (98 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
also, i know ubers is less hazard focused than most metas, but what kind of ho-oh dosent run boots?

Last edited:
I played against a stall team with regular rayquaza using this set:
Rockett (Rayquaza) Choice Band Tera:Flying
Dragon Ascent
Dragon claw
V-create
Extreme speed
252 Atk, 252 Spe
adamant nature

This rayquaza set is unbelievably powerful, here are some calcs to prove it:
252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Flying Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 314-370 (62.3 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Flying Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 195-230 (48.9 - 57.7%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
any finally heres a replay of Rayquaza defeating a stall player (GG WP mate, maybe prepare for taunt more)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexubers-1858491921-nuikn6pbb2avs0hpela72vig3ceavrgpw
Do I need to show more? Rayquaza is very powerful, it can 2hko even dondozo, who is THE MOST ANNOYING STALL MON!!!
anyway good day folks.

Last edited:
In Gen 9, Arceus gained Taunt and Dragon Dance. Why? I don't know! What I do know is that there is no consistent counterplay to this strategy (outside of using multiple Unaware Pokemon).

Now, shall we ask ourselves, how do we stop such a monster?

The answer: absolutely not. This monster defeats all. It cannot be stopped. It cannot be whirlwinded. It cannot be ditto'd. It cannot be revenge killed by scarfers of any sort. It cannot be killed by priority. It cannot even be stopped by swapping between a Normal Type and a Ghost type!
IK this has probably been bullied enough, but this set has no recover and therefore is much harder to set up. "no consistent counterplay", screens bc it gives a free turn for them, taunt from grim, groudon, marshadow, ditto(oh it just will tera then what easiest tera read), killing the damn thing quickly which is easy cause no recovery, not being all that fast even with DD(scarf koraidon outspeeds), hell the arceus can't even kill xern in one shot at +2 (+2 252+ Atk Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 40 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 273-322 (67.7 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) LITERALLY HO-OH (+2 252+ Atk Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ho-Oh: 295-348 (70.9 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO), Having a team member relying on tera should mean it's at least able to deal with ho-oh man. THIS HO-OH isn't even phys def I made it offensive for lols wanna see the defensive set? here it is
+2 252+ Atk Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ho-Oh: 210-247 (50.4 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It literally gets beaten by ho-oh and because it has no recovery, there's absolutely no way it gets to the +6 required for ho-oh. ho-oh is on almost every team and can't be chipped thanks to regenerator+boots and before you say it taunts ho-oh, it doesn't matter bc sacred fire burns half the time anyways and youre giving it a free sacred fire when you taunt and another when your attack compounding in ho-oh not being able to whirlwind not mattering at all 75% and youre doing (0 Atk Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 117-138 (28.2 - 33.3%) -- Miniscule chance to 3HKO) youre still taking near half your hp and if they get burn, you're taking additional chip from burn and w/o leftover thats 12% per shadow force.
"all it needs is one dragon dance..." not with such awful calcs, just run normal E-killer its better.
this set honestly feels more like new toy sydrome than anything special.

Last edited:
who should i replace for groudon then?
take my advice with a grain of salt, since i only use ultra hyper offence teams, but here are the things i feel are the things you might want to replace:
arceus scares groudon, but is a very passive threat. it can deny set-up, but loses hard to boosted xern and koraidon, and dosent have that much to show for it.
kyogre i feal, is mostly outclassed by groudon, but running both is a viable option
giritina walls groudon, provides defog suport, and has t-wave, but is reletively passive.

take my advice with a grain of salt, since i only use ultra hyper offence teams, but here are the things i feel are the things you might want to replace:
arceus scares groudon, but is a very passive threat. it can deny set-up, but loses hard to boosted xern and koraidon, and dosent have that much to show for it.
kyogre i feal, is mostly outclassed by groudon, but running both is a viable option
giritina walls groudon, provides defog suport, and has t-wave, but is reletively passive.
reworked team: https://pokepast.es/6b59f98b493eeed9
changes: i often felt that arceus dark, while a good way to counter most set up mons and pdon, didn't really do anything that giratina couldn't do, except healing with recover, and i felt using both would be too passive, and cause koraidon to shred through my team. Replacing it with p don was a very easy decision, due to the set i run being able to shutdown set up sweepers with toxic, set up rocks, and deal good damage to both physical and special walls.
Since my team wasn't as weak to fairy types with arceus dark being replaced with p don, i decided to replace the dusk mane set with an ultra necrozma set. Because while weakness policy was great, the low speed of dusk mane meant that even if i could hit hard, mons like scarf korai and mega mewtwo y would still outspeed after 1 dragon dance, and both could deal lots of damage while i set up, and wasn't truly safe after setting up

reworked team: https://pokepast.es/6b59f98b493eeed9
changes: i often felt that arceus dark, while a good way to counter most set up mons and pdon, didn't really do anything that giratina couldn't do, except healing with recover, and i felt using both would be too passive, and cause koraidon to shred through my team. Replacing it with p don was a very easy decision, due to the set i run being able to shutdown set up sweepers with toxic, set up rocks, and deal good damage to both physical and special walls.
Since my team wasn't as weak to fairy types with arceus dark being replaced with p don, i decided to replace the dusk mane set with an ultra necrozma set. Because while weakness policy was great, the low speed of dusk mane meant that even if i could hit hard, mons like scarf korai and mega mewtwo y would still outspeed after 1 dragon dance, and both could deal lots of damage while i set up, and wasn't truly safe after setting up
this looks pretty good.

Hey gamers, I have a quick question. Why isn’t Dondozo ranked? It’s consistently annoying every time I face it. Is it just outclassed by Clodsire, is there a secret anti-Dondozo tech I’m missing out on, or am I just shit?

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey gamers, I have a quick question. Why isn’t Dondozo ranked? It’s consistently annoying every time I face it. Is it just outclassed by Clodsire, is there a secret anti-Dondozo tech I’m missing out on, or am I just shit?
Dondozo is just not beating too many things in Ubers in the first place, and the things it can beat also often have ways around it - Dondozo straight up gets 2HKOed by Overheat Primal Groudon, for example, and struggles with offensive Arceus formes that carry Taunt. While it can annoy Zygarde, its extremely specific niche already restricts it to stall only, which is not a very strong playstyle today, and there's alternative checks to the mons it's supposed to beat that are more splashable, like Foul Play Yveltal, defensive Zygarde, and Giratina.

Last edited:
Dondozo is just not beating too many things in Ubers in the first place, and the things it can beat also often have ways around it - Dondozo straight up gets 2HKOed by Overheat Primal Groudon, for example, and struggles with offensive Arceus formes that carry. While it can annoy Zygarde, its extremely specific niche already restricts it to stall only, which is not a very strong playstyle today, and there's alternative checks to the mons it's supposed to beat that are more splashable, like Foul Play Yveltal, defensive Zygarde, and Giratina.
Ooh thank you very much :)

https://pokepast.es/d5036f8e8830ee25
685.png
Slurpuff is the lead and main Pokémon to start this team off. It’s level 93 in order to be fast enough to out pace most things and get down to the sash quicker than what would be able to be achieved at higher levels. Play rough is there in order to win the magic coat war against deoxys-speed but if you don’t care for the deoxys speed magic coat war you could go misty explosion to keep the sticky web up. Yawn over endeavor in order to keep Pokémon from setting up on the lead and forcing it to swap unless they give a Pokémon on this team a free turn.
9k=.jpeg
Chi-yu was the main purpose of building this team as its super powerful nasty plotted boosted stabs in fire blast, dark pulse, and flamethrower. Darkinium-z to drop anything that would threaten it or a defog as a boosted black hole eclipse ohkos ho-oh from full health while doing the same to all neutral targets. With koraidon it’s sun boosted attacks do massive damage and accomplish many things that it wouldn’t be able to do such as 2hkoing special defensive Pokémon such as chansey. However, the lack of bulk on the physical side makes chi-yu susceptible to extreme killer arceus that have a life orb on top but still take massive damage from an extreme speed. However, it is the 2nd most powerful mon on this team and has the highest chance of breaking through stall teams. That’s what the rest of the teammates are for mostly.
1684669062489.png
Zacian is by far the 3rd most powerful mon on this team. Due to sticky web support it could run adamant nature further boosts its attacks and swords dance to boost its attacks further. With tera fighting close combat after a swords dance and intrepid sword it has a chance to ohko with a stab close combat on standard Primal Groudon ev spreads (tho I do suggest if you are gonna take the gamble check the calc on other potential groudon spreads)
1684669095611.png
The second special attacker of the team and a lure for ho-oh. Once again due to the webs eternatus was given a modest nature to further boost its attacks. Meteor beam needs no introduction as it’s one of the main offensive sets for eternatus granting it a special attack boost after using it. Power herb to ignore the 2 turn affect. This allows it to fire a 120 base power rock move on anything. Tera fire to muscle through along side koraidons sun for powerful flamethrowers/fire blasts(if you prefer the power) while hitting fairies with sludge wave/sludge bomb(if you prefer the poison chance).
1684669149117.png
This mon needs no introduction. This S- tier Pokémon is an amazing pokemon being able to break through Pokémon without needing a boost do to orichalcum pulse and life orb boosting its dragon claw, beefy low kicks, and sun boosted flare blitz. Koraidon is give swords dance and a jolly nature in order to tie with scarf koraidon under webs. Swords dance is to break and destroy the opponent if it gets a free turn.
1684669234164.png
The mighty primal groudons omnipresent nature has found itself on this team as well. Abusing the webs with an offensive stealth rocks set and hitting hard with tera ground boosted precipice blades. Though if you feel like your not using stealth rocks that often you can run more into speed and run dragon claw as this set struggles with giratina-origin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)