National Dex National Dex team w/ Sun strat

I'm still far too low on the ladder due to starting on showdown recently, and this is a team i've recently developed, yet I don't know how to measure its viability in NatDex

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Roost
- Scorching Sand
- Solar Beam

I've started with Charizard Y to set Drought + ground and grass coverage

Walking Wake @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
Timid Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Tera Blast

Specs WW w/ tera steel to counter its main weaknesses with fellow dragon types and grass/fairy types

Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Headlong Rush
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat

or

Clodsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Tusk's main role here is to set up rocks and spin when necessary, I equipped it with both STABs and boots; Clodsire can be used as a counter to rain teams with Water Absorb and can also set up rocks + safely setting toxic and better survivability w/ recover

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Power Gem
- Mortal Spin
- Protect

Idk whether Def or SpD is better for Glimmora with Sash, mainly using it to set up toxic spikes, spikes and chipping a turn with protect, may be used as utility with mortal spin

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

or

Iron Valiant @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

I thought of using Kartana as a last minute counter to the team's water weakness with ground, rock and fire types and Z fighting to beat dark, steel, ice and normal types(not sure about its tera type); Valiant was put in response to pult, has a specs set with trick to disable opponent's utility if necessary and counter dragon types with moonblast and, if needed, water types with thunderbolt

Aegislash (M) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

For the last pokemon I chose Aegislash due to its defensive gimmick with King's Shield and equipped it with priority ghost + Z ghost to counter stuff such as metagross and last minute pokemon who are super effective against steel (dunno if dengo is a better option)

seroo

girls do drugs
is a Tiering Contributor
Got a small question about this team , first off why double spin ? being mortal and rapid. I feel like it could run something like energy ball or a hp like ice for lead landos. I know you said it could be used for utility but i feel like glimm is a lead 90% of the time plus you always need a spinner/defoger that isnt a possible lead as it could make a massive difference for the game

Got a small question about this team , first off why double spin ? being mortal and rapid. I feel like it could run something like energy ball or a hp like ice for lead landos. I know you said it could be used for utility but i feel like glimm is a lead 90% of the time plus you always need a spinner/defoger that isnt a possible lead as it could make a massive difference for the game
I see, I think that hp ice'd be the better choice here; i placed both mortal an drapid because of charizard's weakness to rocks (and thus couldn't safely run defog), thanks for contributing!

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello, I really like the skeleton of the team as it looks very solid from that point, but I think there can be some adjustments to your team to make it even more successful; while also assisting you on your climb on the ladder!

:sv/great-tusk:
Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots -> Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Headlong Rush
- Rapid Spin -> Ice Spinner
- Close Combat

Ice Spinner provides more utility for Great Tusk; denting its switch-ins such as Landorus-T, Tornadus-T, and Zapdos, and I would also use Leftovers over Heavy-Duty Boots due to it not having Rapid Spin anymore. You also get passive recovery, which is quite big for a Pokemon like Great Tusk.

:sv/glimmora: ->:sv/tyranitar:
Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
Careful / Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake / Ice Beam / Superpower / Heavy Slam

Glimmora doesn't look good here due to it just being so easy to exploit as a hazard setter, and just in general not being so good. Tyranitar would fit over it here as it provides you a switch-in against Pokemon like Dragapult, Mega Diancie, and Volcarona. It also can somewhat handle Walking Wake, as its not even a guaranteed 3HKO with Specs Hydro Steam from it. Pursuit also helps you get rid of the aforementioned Dragapult while also being threatening in general, as the opponent will have to play 50/50s to see if you will Pursuit or use one of your other moves. Earthquake can hit Heatran, Tapu Koko, and Mega Diancie, Ice Beam snipes Great Tusk and Landorus-T, Superpower hits Kingambit and Ferrothorn, and Heavy Slam threatening both Tapu Lele and the aforementioned Mega Diancie.

:sv/kartana:
Kartana @ Grassium Z
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Synthesis

This Kartana set provides good role compression; synchronizing well with Mega Charizard Y as Kartana comes into Pokemon like Garchomp, Mega Tyranitar, and Ting-Lu, while also providing you hazard control with Defog. The EVs allow it to OHKO Garchomp with Grassium Z + Leaf Blade.

:sv/aegislash: -> :sv/toxapex:
Toxapex @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic / Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Toxapex provides you with a reliable switch-in to Pokemon like Iron Valiant, Zamazenta, and Mega Lopunny. It supports this team by spreading Toxic very easily, or you can even mess with Toxic Spikes to be threatening as well, though no immediate Toxic on it can hurt.

Overall, you have a pretty solid base, but with these changes, I think your team can be even better!

:charizard-mega-y: :walking-wake: :great-tusk: :kartana: :tyranitar: :toxapex:
Updated Paste

Hello, I really like the skeleton of the team as it looks very solid from that point, but I think there can be some adjustments to your team to make it even more successful; while also assisting you on your climb on the ladder!

:sv/great-tusk:
Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots -> Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Headlong Rush
- Rapid Spin -> Ice Spinner
- Close Combat

Ice Spinner provides more utility for Great Tusk; denting its switch-ins such as Landorus-T, Tornadus-T, and Zapdos, and I would also use Leftovers over Heavy-Duty Boots due to it not having Rapid Spin anymore. You also get passive recovery, which is quite big for a Pokemon like Great Tusk.

:sv/glimmora: ->:sv/tyranitar:
Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
Careful / Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake / Ice Beam / Superpower / Heavy Slam

Glimmora doesn't look good here due to it just being so easy to exploit as a hazard setter, and just in general not being so good. Tyranitar would fit over it here as it provides you a switch-in against Pokemon like Dragapult, Mega Diancie, and Volcarona. It also can somewhat handle Walking Wake, as its not even a guaranteed 3HKO with Specs Hydro Steam from it. Pursuit also helps you get rid of the aforementioned Dragapult while also being threatening in general, as the opponent will have to play 50/50s to see if you will Pursuit or use one of your other moves. Earthquake can hit Heatran, Tapu Koko, and Mega Diancie, Ice Beam snipes Great Tusk and Landorus-T, Superpower hits Kingambit and Ferrothorn, and Heavy Slam threatening both Tapu Lele and the aforementioned Mega Diancie.

:sv/kartana:
Kartana @ Grassium Z
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Synthesis

This Kartana set provides good role compression; synchronizing well with Mega Charizard Y as Kartana comes into Pokemon like Garchomp, Mega Tyranitar, and Ting-Lu, while also providing you hazard control with Defog. The EVs allow it to OHKO Garchomp with Grassium Z + Leaf Blade.

:sv/aegislash: -> :sv/toxapex:
Toxapex @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic / Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Toxapex provides you with a reliable switch-in to Pokemon like Iron Valiant, Zamazenta, and Mega Lopunny. It supports this team by spreading Toxic very easily, or you can even mess with Toxic Spikes to be threatening as well, though no immediate Toxic on it can hurt.

Overall, you have a pretty solid base, but with these changes, I think your team can be even better!

:charizard-mega-y: :walking-wake: :great-tusk: :kartana: :tyranitar: :toxapex:
Updated Paste
Alright, I'm truly thankful for helping me with the team composition! I'll try this set right away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)