Project National Dex Secret Santa 2022

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OP stolen from here
approved by moderation

secret santa.png

art by me
Secret Santa is an event in which the members of a community anonymously exchange gifts between themselves. In this particular Secret Santa, which, deep down, will work similarly to a teambuilding workshop, each person who signs up will PM me with a Pokemon or a core (I'll provide more information on this below) they'd like someone else to build a team with. Afterwards, everyone who joined the project will receive one of the aforementioned ideas and will have to build a team with it until the submission deadline. Finally, the teams will be sent to the people who requested them and this thread will be used for further discussion. Easy, isn't it? Let's get to the rules then!

General Rules:
  • Post "in" or whatever else you want to (as long as the intent is clear) to join.
  • Don't sign up if you can't guarantee that you'll be able to finish building a team in time. I'll try to keep tabs on everyone and help if needed, but depending on the amount of sign ups we get, it could be hard to do this.
  • Avoid telling people what request you sent/got, as it could ruin the project's purpose.
  • Secret Santa will be for either the National Dex OU, National Dex UU, National Dex Monotype and National Dex AG metagames. You may sign up for as few or as many tiers you would like. I will then pair you with people who selected the same tier. If you are flexible in multiple tiers, I encourage you to sign up for all of them. Only one of your tiers will be chosen to be built.
Submission Rules:
  • Each request submission should be sent to me through Smogon PM, not profile posts. You don't need to do it right after signing up, but if you fail to do it until the deadline then your sign up will be void. If you signed up for more than one tier, send me a request for every tier you've mentioned in a separate message. but only one will end up being selected.
  • Requests will be looked at on a case by case basis. It is preferred that requests are kept viable, but if you really want a team with an unranked/seemingly unviable Pokemon then you can try your luck.
  • Cores are usually preferred over individual Pokemon (i.e. Gholdengo + Glimmora over just Gholdengo) unless one of the Pokemon is known to be hard to build around or straight up uncommon (such as Articuno or Raikou). Once again, this will be looked into on a case by case basis, and while I might not directly enforce anything, I could end up suggesting changes.
  • If you want your requested Pokemon or core to have specific sets, you're allowed to mention it but it is not required.
  • After sign ups close, I'll use the same PM each user sent with their request in order to let them know the Pokemon or core that was assigned to them. Once you're done building, bump the PM with the end result. The deadline for this will be revealed after sign ups close.
  • Similarly to the Pokemon/core requests, it is preferred that you keep teams viable. However, you can try to feature less common elements if you prefer it that way. Just keep in mind that the goal is not to gimp people's creativity, so feel free to go wild if it fits you best!
  • Once you complete the build and it's confirmed by me in PMs, post it to the thread @ing the person who you were assigned with the Pokepaste of the team and an explanation for the build!
  • A short description is appreciated, but not required.
Recommendations:
  • Don't be afraid to join just because you feel like your teambuilding skills aren't on par. I'm down to help everyone who feels this way (or even if you're just having a hard time finishing a team. It happens to everyone sometimes!)
  • You're allowed to change requests until the sign up deadline, but I would prefer if you didn't swap too much!
  • Have fun!
TL;DR (brief description):
  • Signup in this thread and PM me your core or individual Pokemon of choice through Smogon PM before 11:59 PM GMT-5 on December 12th. Tiers will be NDOU, NDUU, NDMono and NDAG. You may sign up for multiple tiers (and if you do, send me multiple requests), but overall only one will be used.
  • Once the signup deadline passes (December 16th), I will use the same Smogon PM to tell you the core or individual Pokemon you got. I will also tell you who you are building for. This may be the next day depending on the amount of submissions.
  • You have until the building deadline (11:59 PM GMT on December 24th) to build your team and send it back using the same Smogon PM, let's make someone's holiday happy :D
  • After Christmas (December 25th) until New Years Eve (December 31st), You will distribute the teams to everyone through the thread by @ing the person who you built for, with a Pokepaste and explination of your team
  • Post In to sign up
  • I will like every post in this thread to encourage participation. :D
Building deadline will be December 24th 11:59 PM GMT
Teams will be distributed on December 25th to December 31st

Last edited:
OP stolen from here
approved by moderation

View attachment 471006
art by me
Secret Santa is an event in which the members of a community anonymously exchange gifts between themselves. In this particular Secret Santa, which, deep down, will work similarly to a teambuilding workshop, each person who signs up will PM me with a Pokemon or a core (I'll provide more information on this below) they'd like someone else to build a team with. Afterwards, everyone who joined the project will receive one of the aforementioned ideas and will have to build a team with it until the submission deadline. Finally, the teams will be sent to the people who requested them and this thread will be used for further discussion. Easy, isn't it? Let's get to the rules then!

General Rules:
  • Post "in" or whatever else you want to (as long as the intent is clear) to join.
  • Don't sign up if you can't guarantee that you'll be able to finish building a team in time. I'll try to keep tabs on everyone and help if needed, but depending on the amount of sign ups we get, it could be hard to do this.
  • Avoid telling people what request you sent/got, as it could ruin the project's purpose.
  • Secret Santa will be for either the National Dex OU, National Dex UU, National Dex Monotype and National Dex AG metagames. You may sign up for as few or as many tiers you would like. I will then pair you with people who selected the same tier. If you are flexible in multiple tiers, I encourage you to sign up for all of them. Only one of your tiers will be chosen to be built.
Submission Rules:
  • Each request submission should be sent to me through Smogon PM, not profile posts. You don't need to do it right after signing up, but if you fail to do it until the deadline then your sign up will be void. If you signed up for more than one tier, send me a request for every tier you've mentioned in a separate message. but only one will end up being selected.
  • Requests will be looked at on a case by case basis. It is preferred that requests are kept viable, but if you really want a team with an unranked/seemingly unviable Pokemon then you can try your luck.
  • Cores are usually preferred over individual Pokemon (i.e. Gholdengo + Glimmora over just Gholdengo) unless one of the Pokemon is known to be hard to build around or straight up uncommon (such as Articuno or Raikou). Once again, this will be looked into on a case by case basis, and while I might not directly enforce anything, I could end up suggesting changes.
  • If you want your requested Pokemon or core to have specific sets, you're allowed to mention it but it is not required.
  • After sign ups close, I'll use the same PM each user sent with their request in order to let them know the Pokemon or core that was assigned to them. Once you're done building, bump the PM with the end result. The deadline for this will be revealed after sign ups close.
  • Similarly to the Pokemon/core requests, it is preferred that you keep teams viable. However, you can try to feature less common elements if you prefer it that way. Just keep in mind that the goal is not to gimp people's creativity, so feel free to go wild if it fits you best!
  • Once you complete the build and it's confirmed by me in PMs, post it to the thread @ing the person who you were assigned with the Pokepaste of the team and an explanation for the build!
  • A short description is appreciated, but not required.
Recommendations:
  • Don't be afraid to join just because you feel like your teambuilding skills aren't on par. I'm down to help everyone who feels this way (or even if you're just having a hard time finishing a team. It happens to everyone sometimes!)
  • You're allowed to change requests until the sign up deadline, but I would prefer if you didn't swap too much!
  • Have fun!
TL;DR (brief description):
  • Signup in this thread and PM me your core or individual Pokemon of choice through Smogon PM before 11:59 PM GMT-5 on December 12th. Tiers will be NDOU, NDUU, NDMono and NDAG. You may sign up for multiple tiers (and if you do, send me multiple requests), but overall only one will be used.
  • Once the signup deadline passes (December 16th), I will use the same Smogon PM to tell you the core or individual Pokemon you got. I will also tell you who you are building for. This may be the next day depending on the amount of submissions.
  • You have until the building deadline (11:59 PM GMT on December 24th) to build your team and send it back using the same Smogon PM, let's make someone's holiday happy :D
  • After Christmas (December 25th) until New Years Eve (December 31st), You will distribute the teams to everyone through the thread by @ing the person who you built for, with a Pokepaste and explination of your team
  • Post In to sign up
  • I will like every post in this thread to encourage participation. :D
Building deadline will be December 24th 11:59 PM GMT
Teams will be distributed on December 25th to December 31st
In

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)