Project National Dex OU Teambuilding Competition - Cycle 45: Meowscarada

:sv/tapu-koko: :sv/cresselia: :sv/iron-moth: :sv/sneasler: :sv/gyarados-mega: :sv/landorus-therian:
eterrain spam feat elec seed cress
been a huge fan of eterrain/koko screens HO as i'm sure a lot of us have been post-HOME especially. double intimidate + 3x terrain abusers. auto +1 boost to cress when it comes out makes it really hard to KO cleanly from would-be checks, especially after tera.

:sm/cresselia:_:sv/quaquaval:_:sv/gholdengo:_:sm/rotom-wash:_:sm/Tyranitar-Mega:_:sm/Excadrill:
Special T-Tar and Setup Sweeping Cress

Special Mega-Tyranitar is a really unique style, especially into Great Tusks and Landorous-Ts.

Quaquaval and Excadrill are great anti-meta sweepers able to get boosts and cover each others checks so easily. Quaquaval with Bulk up answers Kingambit so well.

Pretty classic Gholdengo and Rotom-Wash to provide team support and break through stall when needed.

Tera Electric Cresselia can be a setup monster if they don't have good immediate damage.

Fabriisse

formerly noobiste
cresselia.jpg
clefable.png
draga.pngmega charizard y.pngheatran.jpggreat tusk.png
FABRIISSE CYCLE 21 CRESSELIA (pokepast.es)
I will explain two sets throughly:

cresselia specs.jpg

1) Cresselia (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Psychic/Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick/Moonblast
- Lunar Dance

Specs Cresselia was an idea that i wanted to make bc the stored cresselia is the obvious set and i wanted to make something different. stored bullshit power cresselia tera poison will always be the set that your opponent will be prepared for, so specs cress is here to surprise the opponent, especially two mons:

-Toxapex: bc of stored power cress, Pex might try to stay and to haze u a bit, you can as a consequence punish him with a specs psychic, however without tera it won't kill.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Cresselia Hidden Power Fighting vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 344-408 (93.2 - 110.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
-Kingambit: It's very unlikely that KGB try to sucker you and you can ohko it after rocks with hpf which is a huge relief for dragapult in the team.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Cresselia Hidden Power Fighting vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 344-408 (93.2 - 110.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Moonblast is here to surprise a lot dragapult specs lead which is a big threat for this team:
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 52 HP / 0 SpD Cresselia: 282-332 (71.5 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Cresselia Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 298-352 (94 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

2) Clefable @ Red Card
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Confide
- Knock Off
This set is here to deal with cress stored power and sneasler. Red Card can stop sneasler fury by ejecting it. Confide is the only move that clef has to prevent cm cresselia's rampage however confide has the same amount of pp than cm so don't spam it mindlessly. Also i chose clef because it deals with garg.Tera normal is only if dragapult spamming is a really that much of a pain in the booty.

Last edited:

about15gals

formerly about15guys
is a Pre-Contributor
Cress Dragmag
:cresselia: :magnezone: :garchomp: :dragapult: :gholdengo: :mantine:

I had a lot of fun making this team, and I feel like it's performing pretty well, high possibility I'll make a more in-depth post about it in the bazaar at a later date
@ covert cloak
generic cm cress, click stored power and then win

@ :chople-berry:
used for magnet pull trapping gambit and ferro, since they're the main mons that can deal with cress before it gets set up

@ :rocky-helmet:
sets spikes, clicks toxic on occasion and can also rkill if need be

@ :choice-specs:
running tbolt over fire blast since I don't need a gambit answer and can slot the extra slot for coverage on tera water garg, also hits chary

@ :choice-scarf:
needed speed control, so I opted for scarf ghold as once gambit's removed it's very easy for it to pick up 2 or 3 kos with MIR, and can also trick scarf onto mons like cress or garg to mess them up

@ :heavy-duty-boots:
helps secure rain mu, beats volc and chary and is just generally useful. good mon

Skarm-Bliss-Cress
:skarmory: :blissey: :cresselia::sableye-mega: :Great-tusk: :toxapex:

DPP memories for this stall/semi-stall team idea.

The gist of the team is to slowly wear down your opponent over time. Skarm + Bliss + Cress ideally wall most of the metagame together and Sableye is there to block entry hazards and status. Toxapex is your poison answer but can go grass if needed to stop offensive ground types. Great Tusk is there to be the one offensive Pokemon beside Cresselia and is your best answer to Kingambit. Should help you wall a substantial amount of threats as your opponent wails at you.

Last edited:

Fabriisse

formerly noobiste
Skarm-Bliss-Cress

The gist of the team is to slowly wear down your opponent over time. Skarm + Bliss + Cress ideally wall most of the metagame together and Sableye is there to block entry hazards and status. Toxapex is your poison answer but can go grass if needed to stop offensive ground types. Great Tusk is there to be the one offensive Pokemon beside Cresselia and is your best answer to Kingambit. Should help you wall a substantial amount of threats as your opponent wails at you.
When i click on your team i get that: cress dragmag (pokepast.es) which is a different team

Oculars

I CANT BE FADED
is a Tiering Contributor
Screens Cress HO
:grimmsnarl: :cresselia:
:volcarona: :mawile-mega: :iron-valiant: :kingambit:

This team centers around abusing the kee berry set that I pioneered on ladder, which allows you to have the benefits of eseed cress while also taking advantage of the superior screens setter grimmsnarl (shoutout the gen8 moderators) who can emergency set screens vs faster threats like +1 pult and valiant along with fast rain mons.

Mawile functions as a pure stall breaker or to trade after eating a hit from something, runs enough speed for mzor and skarm to get rekt by fire fang and drops sucker because gambit fills the SD sucker punch cleaner roll much better, psychic fangs beats common mmaw checks like pex and mvenu and most importantly opposing poison tera sweepers (cress) while removing screens as a side effect which is useful when you dont have hazard removal. valiant serves as speed control, a switchin to z move chomp and an emergency backup check to espeed dragonite if you lose cress somehow. Volc can also clean up a lot of matchups that are less favourable to cress such as faster teams with ghol and lele and serves as your alternate tera sweeper. A few of the WLA homies used a slower variation of this with hoopa-u this to get their NDLT qualifications so the team can 100% work vs high ladder.

https://pokepast.es/c321da9897cef00b
:dondozo: :garganacl: :cresselia: :zamazenta: :tapu lele: :kingambit:

I used this team for the most recent ladder suspect test. Cress supports the team overall and can set up sweeps with Stored Power (as we know). I used cores like Lele+Zama and Lele+Gambit to formulate my offensive strategy, as they cover each others weak points well. For my defensive core, I went with Dondozo, Garganacl, and Cresselia. Dozo as my physical wall that can effectively as a wincon once relevant threats, like Tapu Koko and Iron Valiant are gone. Garg does Garg stuff.

R8

On LoA
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Voting time! (Oops, late lol)

Team A
:sv/tapu-koko: :sv/cresselia: :sv/iron-moth: :sv/sneasler: :sv/gyarados-mega: :sv/landorus-therian:
eterrain spam feat elec seed cress
been a huge fan of eterrain/koko screens HO as i'm sure a lot of us have been post-HOME especially. double intimidate + 3x terrain abusers. auto +1 boost to cress when it comes out makes it really hard to KO cleanly from would-be checks, especially after tera.
Team B
:sm/cresselia:_:sv/quaquaval:_:sv/gholdengo:_:sm/rotom-wash:_:sm/Tyranitar-Mega:_:sm/Excadrill:
Special T-Tar and Setup Sweeping Cress

Special Mega-Tyranitar is a really unique style, especially into Great Tusks and Landorous-Ts.

Quaquaval and Excadrill are great anti-meta sweepers able to get boosts and cover each others checks so easily. Quaquaval with Bulk up answers Kingambit so well.

Pretty classic Gholdengo and Rotom-Wash to provide team support and break through stall when needed.

Tera Electric Cresselia can be a setup monster if they don't have good immediate damage.
Team C
View attachment 534010View attachment 534004View attachment 534005View attachment 534006View attachment 534008View attachment 534009
FABRIISSE CYCLE 21 CRESSELIA (pokepast.es)
I will explain two sets throughly:

View attachment 533973
1) Cresselia (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Psychic/Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick/Moonblast
- Lunar Dance

Specs Cresselia was an idea that i wanted to make bc the stored cresselia is the obvious set and i wanted to make something different. stored bullshit power cresselia tera poison will always be the set that your opponent will be prepared for, so specs cress is here to surprise the opponent, especially two mons:

-Toxapex: bc of stored power cress, Pex might try to stay and to haze u a bit, you can as a consequence punish him with a specs psychic, however without tera it won't kill.
-Kingambit: It's very unlikely that KGB try to sucker you and you can ohko it after rocks with hpf which is a huge relief for dragapult in the team.

Moonblast is here to surprise a lot dragapult specs lead which is a big threat for this team:
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 52 HP / 0 SpD Cresselia: 282-332 (71.5 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Cresselia Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 298-352 (94 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

2) Clefable @ Red Card
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Confide
- Knock Off
This set is here to deal with cress stored power and sneasler. Red Card can stop sneasler fury by ejecting it. Confide is the only move that clef has to prevent cm cresselia's rampage however confide has the same amount of pp than cm so don't spam it mindlessly. Also i chose clef because it deals with garg.Tera normal is only if dragapult spamming is a really that much of a pain in the booty.
Team D
https://pokepast.es/450dd6589f805f41
writeup tomorrow
but hehe trick room go brr
Team E
Cress Dragmag
:cresselia: :magnezone: :garchomp: :dragapult: :gholdengo: :mantine:

I had a lot of fun making this team, and I feel like it's performing pretty well, high possibility I'll make a more in-depth post about it in the bazaar at a later date
@ covert cloak
generic cm cress, click stored power and then win

@ :chople-berry:
used for magnet pull trapping gambit and ferro, since they're the main mons that can deal with cress before it gets set up

@ :rocky-helmet:
sets spikes, clicks toxic on occasion and can also rkill if need be

@ :choice-specs:
running tbolt over fire blast since I don't need a gambit answer and can slot the extra slot for coverage on tera water garg, also hits chary

@ :choice-scarf:
needed speed control, so I opted for scarf ghold as once gambit's removed it's very easy for it to pick up 2 or 3 kos with MIR, and can also trick scarf onto mons like cress or garg to mess them up

@ :heavy-duty-boots:
helps secure rain mu, beats volc and chary and is just generally useful. good mon
Team F
Skarm-Bliss-Cress

Team G
Broken Stack
:cresselia: :skarmory: :toxapex: :garganacl: :gliscor: :lopunny-mega:
Team I have already talked about, you can find a description here.
The combination of Lele + Kingambit can be a bit annoying. Tera dragon garg farms Zard-Y stuff and rain.
Team H
Screens Cress HO
:grimmsnarl: :cresselia:
:volcarona: :mawile-mega: :iron-valiant: :kingambit:

This team centers around abusing the kee berry set that I pioneered on ladder, which allows you to have the benefits of eseed cress while also taking advantage of the superior screens setter grimmsnarl (shoutout the gen8 moderators) who can emergency set screens vs faster threats like +1 pult and valiant along with fast rain mons.

Mawile functions as a pure stall breaker or to trade after eating a hit from something, runs enough speed for mzor and skarm to get rekt by fire fang and drops sucker because gambit fills the SD sucker punch cleaner roll much better, psychic fangs beats common mmaw checks like pex and mvenu and most importantly opposing poison tera sweepers (cress) while removing screens as a side effect which is useful when you dont have hazard removal. valiant serves as speed control, a switchin to z move chomp and an emergency backup check to espeed dragonite if you lose cress somehow. Volc can also clean up a lot of matchups that are less favourable to cress such as faster teams with ghol and lele and serves as your alternate tera sweeper. A few of the WLA homies used a slower variation of this with hoopa-u this to get their NDLT qualifications so the team can 100% work vs high ladder.
Team I
https://pokepast.es/c321da9897cef00b
:dondozo: :garganacl: :cresselia: :zamazenta: :tapu lele: :kingambit:

I used this team for the most recent ladder suspect test. Cress supports the team overall and can set up sweeps with Stored Power (as we know). I used cores like Lele+Zama and Lele+Gambit to formulate my offensive strategy, as they cover each others weak points well. For my defensive core, I went with Dondozo, Garganacl, and Cresselia. Dozo as my physical wall that can effectively as a wincon once relevant threats, like Tapu Koko and Iron Valiant are gone. Garg does Garg stuff.
Voting ends Friday, 8:00PM GMT+2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)