Project National Dex OU Teambuilding Competition - Cycle 43: Ogerpon-Cornerstone

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Congrats to sealoo for winning this round! Your team will be featured for a week in the room.

Teamcomp is going on hiatus for a bit now, but worry not, it will come back eventually! See you soon :]

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
is a Contributor to Smogon
Status spread Bulky Offense

https://pokepast.es/ac142d50cc114367

This team was designed to be a funny and fun team to play with. It features poison touch Sneasler to spread status by pivoting around, and hex + venoshock gengar to abuse that.
Sneasler can pivot in and out with the help of corviknight + swamp core, it can come in, fake out, possibly dire claw then uturn out. All of its moves have a 30% chance to poison any non-poison and non-steel mon out there. Hex + venoshock gengar then hits these statused pokemon for absurd damage, while also being able to status the aforementioned steels and poisons with wisp. Corv + swamp is a solid voltturn core ive been using since gen 8, which allows mons to pivot in and out super easily. Swampert also carries rocks while corv has defog. Enamorus baits poisons and steels and destroys them with groundium z. Heatran is just a random pick, to better deal with Zard-Y, and also to help spread more status lol. Covert cloak is because I like to apply item clause to myself and couldn't think of anything better.

I havent actually tested this much but it seems fun to play with lol

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/c0660f1294c86306

CB Poison Touch Sneasler + MLop BO

Sneasler:

Sneasler @ Choice Band
Ability: Poison Touch
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dire Claw
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Shadow Claw

Choice Band Sneasler is a fearsome breaker and potential wincon, threatening Metagame staples such as Heatran, Tapu Lele, Ferrothorn, utility Torn-T, and Iron Valiant while threatening to cripple switch-ins with a chance to poison from Poison Touch or Sleep/Paralysis from Dire Claw.
Dire Claw and CC are strong STAB options, U-turn keeps momentum and is great for spreading poison, while Shadow Claw hits Gholdengo. Tera Fighting makes Sneasler's CC especially nuclear and hard to switch in to.

Mega Lopunny:
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Fake Out
- Frustration

Mega Lopunny is another fearsome breaker, and works well together with Sneasler as they can pivot around and wear down their shared checks such as Lando-T and Toxapex. Mega Lopunny deals with Tapu Koko and Clodsire for Sneasler, while Sneasler's poison works well in conjunction with Fake Out. Other Pokémon in the team, such as Glowking and Kyurem, really appreciate Lopunny's ability to absorb Knock Off. Mega Lopunny also really helps the team's matchup into faster, more offensive teams thanks to its speed and Fake Out.
CC and Frustration are strong STABs, with Frustration over Return for the rare Ditto Matchup, Fake Out is good chip to put opponents in range of one of the STABs, while U-turn turns Lopunny into a great Pivot.

Galarian Slowing:

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Future Sight
- Flamethrower
- Scald

Both Sneasler and Mega Lopunny are walled by Toxapex and threatened by Zamazenta and Booster Energy Iron Valiant, but Glowking solves these problems, while Regenerator helps to provide longevity to the team. Glowking also switches in to and threatens Mega Diancie, which can be threatening otherwise.
The given EV spread allows Glowking to avoid the 2HKO from Specs Pult's Shadow Ball, with the rest of the investment into physical bulk. Future Sight hits the aforementioned checks/counters to Sneasler and MLop, making them even harder to switch in to, Sludge Bomb is for STAB, while Flamethrower hits Steel Types and no physical attacker wants to take a Scald. Glowking is rarely used for Tera, but Tera Water can be useful against Rain and removes its Dark and Ground Weaknesses. Glowking really appreciates MLop's ability to deal with Pursuit Kingambit, which is a really bad matchup for it otherwise.

Kyurem:
Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Roost

The team so far struggles to threaten Lando-T, and can struggle against a well-played Toxapex, but Kyurem really helps in both of these matchups.
Freeze-Dry KOs Landorus and heavily damages Toxapex, providing (almost) perfect coverage alongside Earth Power, which hits Heatran. Substitute means that more passive Pokémon can't touch Kyurem, and works well with Pressure draining PP, while Roost provides Longevity. The EV spread means Kyurem's substitutes aren't broken by Seismic Toss, with the rest for offensive potential, while Tera Fairy helps in the Zamazenta , Urshifu, and Dragapult matchups, and HDB means that Kyurem can reliably come in over the course of a battle.

Kingambit:
Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Kingambit is Kingambit. Anything that manages to survive Sneasler + MLop + Future Sight is unlikely to survive Kingambit, and it is also a great counter to Pult.
I've gone with the Swords Dance set over the Pursuit set as it just becomes so threatening late-game and, with Tera Flying, it can actually threaten supposed Checks to it such as Tusk, Lando-T, and Zamazenta, and with Supreme Overlord over Defiant as I feel it's less matchup dependent.

Landorus:
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
Landorus rounds off the team with Hazard Control and also helps the team deal with Zamazenta, Mega Lopunny and Kingambit, as well as being a Ground Type to block Volt Switch or really helping the Rain matchup with Tera Water, which turns its weaknesses into resistances.
The EVs give Lando-T max physical bulk, working very well with Intimidate and Rocky Helmet, with Stealth Rock and Defog providing Hazard Control while Earthquake stops it from being too passive, and U-turn makes it a valuable slow pivot to bring in Sneasler and MLop.

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Put this in the NDWC Team Dump thread so I'll put it here as well with the same description.
:sneasler: :dragapult: :latios-mega: :kingambit: :landorus-therian: :heatran:
https://pokepast.es/45184e6a76e3b930
Sneasler + Hex Dragapult is another core from SVOU that I like here in National Dex, its a good status spam core that can be quite annoying, and with teammates like Mega Latios to deal with Gliscor and Toxapex for the core make it quite potent, very fun team and another build I liked making.

On another note, voting is now open!

Team A
Status spread Bulky Offense

https://pokepast.es/ac142d50cc114367

This team was designed to be a funny and fun team to play with. It features poison touch Sneasler to spread status by pivoting around, and hex + venoshock gengar to abuse that.
Sneasler can pivot in and out with the help of corviknight + swamp core, it can come in, fake out, possibly dire claw then uturn out. All of its moves have a 30% chance to poison any non-poison and non-steel mon out there. Hex + venoshock gengar then hits these statused pokemon for absurd damage, while also being able to status the aforementioned steels and poisons with wisp. Corv + swamp is a solid voltturn core ive been using since gen 8, which allows mons to pivot in and out super easily. Swampert also carries rocks while corv has defog. Enamorus baits poisons and steels and destroys them with groundium z. Heatran is just a random pick, to better deal with Zard-Y, and also to help spread more status lol. Covert cloak is because I like to apply item clause to myself and couldn't think of anything better.

I havent actually tested this much but it seems fun to play with lol
Team B
https://pokepast.es/7a68dfdb4ead9d64

Duals screens what can i say, sneasler uses electric seed triggered by tapu koko. Kingambit can help break or cleanup after sneasler. Sub enamorus and sd megachomp help wear down opposing physical walls and volcarona can also help in breaking down the opponent
Team C
Team D
Team E

https://pokepast.es/c0660f1294c86306

CB Poison Touch Sneasler + MLop BO

Sneasler:

Sneasler @ Choice Band
Ability: Poison Touch
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Dire Claw
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Shadow Claw

Choice Band Sneasler is a fearsome breaker and potential wincon, threatening Metagame staples such as Heatran, Tapu Lele, Ferrothorn, utility Torn-T, and Iron Valiant while threatening to cripple switch-ins with a chance to poison from Poison Touch or Sleep/Paralysis from Dire Claw.
Dire Claw and CC are strong STAB options, U-turn keeps momentum and is great for spreading poison, while Shadow Claw hits Gholdengo. Tera Fighting makes Sneasler's CC especially nuclear and hard to switch in to.

Mega Lopunny:
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Fake Out
- Frustration

Mega Lopunny is another fearsome breaker, and works well together with Sneasler as they can pivot around and wear down their shared checks such as Lando-T and Toxapex. Mega Lopunny deals with Tapu Koko and Clodsire for Sneasler, while Sneasler's poison works well in conjunction with Fake Out. Other Pokémon in the team, such as Glowking and Kyurem, really appreciate Lopunny's ability to absorb Knock Off. Mega Lopunny also really helps the team's matchup into faster, more offensive teams thanks to its speed and Fake Out.
CC and Frustration are strong STABs, with Frustration over Return for the rare Ditto Matchup, Fake Out is good chip to put opponents in range of one of the STABs, while U-turn turns Lopunny into a great Pivot.

Galarian Slowing:
Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Future Sight
- Flamethrower
- Scald

Both Sneasler and Mega Lopunny are walled by Toxapex and threatened by Zamazenta and Booster Energy Iron Valiant, but Glowking solves these problems, while Regenerator helps to provide longevity to the team. Glowking also switches in to and threatens Mega Diancie, which can be threatening otherwise.
The given EV spread allows Glowking to avoid the 2HKO from Specs Pult's Shadow Ball, with the rest of the investment into physical bulk. Future Sight hits the aforementioned checks/counters to Sneasler and MLop, making them even harder to switch in to, Sludge Bomb is for STAB, while Flamethrower hits Steel Types and no physical attacker wants to take a Scald. Glowking is rarely used for Tera, but Tera Water can be useful against Rain and removes its Dark and Ground Weaknesses. Glowking really appreciates MLop's ability to deal with Pursuit Kingambit, which is a really bad matchup for it otherwise.

Kyurem:
Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Roost

The team so far struggles to threaten Lando-T, and can struggle against a well-played Toxapex, but Kyurem really helps in both of these matchups.
Freeze-Dry KOs Landorus and heavily damages Toxapex, providing (almost) perfect coverage alongside Earth Power, which hits Heatran. Substitute means that more passive Pokémon can't touch Kyurem, and works well with Pressure draining PP, while Roost provides Longevity. The EV spread means Kyurem's substitutes aren't broken by Seismic Toss, with the rest for offensive potential, while Tera Fairy helps in the Zamazenta , Urshifu, and Dragapult matchups, and HDB means that Kyurem can reliably come in over the course of a battle.

Kingambit:
Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Kingambit is Kingambit. Anything that manages to survive Sneasler + MLop + Future Sight is unlikely to survive Kingambit, and it is also a great counter to Pult.
I've gone with the Swords Dance set over the Pursuit set as it just becomes so threatening late-game and, with Tera Flying, it can actually threaten supposed Checks to it such as Tusk, Lando-T, and Zamazenta, and with Supreme Overlord over Defiant as I feel it's less matchup dependent.

Landorus:
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
Landorus rounds off the team with Hazard Control and also helps the team deal with Zamazenta, Mega Lopunny and Kingambit, as well as being a Ground Type to block Volt Switch or really helping the Rain matchup with Tera Water, which turns its weaknesses into resistances.
The EVs give Lando-T max physical bulk, working very well with Intimidate and Rocky Helmet, with Stealth Rock and Defog providing Hazard Control while Earthquake stops it from being too passive, and U-turn makes it a valuable slow pivot to bring in Sneasler and MLop.
Team F
Team G
Put this in the NDWC Team Dump thread so I'll put it here as well with the same description.
:sneasler: :dragapult: :latios-mega: :kingambit: :landorus-therian: :heatran:
https://pokepast.es/45184e6a76e3b930
Sneasler + Hex Dragapult is another core from SVOU that I like here in National Dex, its a good status spam core that can be quite annoying, and with teammates like Mega Latios to deal with Gliscor and Toxapex for the core make it quite potent, very fun team and another build I liked making.
Voting ends this Saturday!

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Congratulations to hidin for winning this slate!

Cycle 18: Tapu Koko
:sv/Tapu Koko:

Submissions end Sunday 18th​

Fabriisse

formerly noobiste
koko fdflmsrpprqg (pokepast.es)
i did this team in five minutes : the goal of the team is to use the ability to use the ability from scizor to lure corv and pex to u turn to koko that can pivot or lure clodsire to bring weavile and to throw big damage or pursuit in order to get rid of gholdengo or clod. Slowking-g can help with future sight. Tusk and gastrodon are here just here for utility value

Fully dependent E-Terrain Team
:Tapu-koko: :Iron-valiant: :hawlucha: :Iron Moth: :landorus-therian: :scizor-mega:
Explanation:
This team is fully dependent on :tapu-koko: being alive or else the most prized attacker :iron-valiant: , and :iron-Moth: or :Hawlucha: as subsitute attackers (if the former :iron-valiant: faints) will not be able to use their full potential. :tapu-koko: is our terrain setter which is why it's holding a terrain extender so the main attackers can fully use their potential for longer, I keep :hawlucha: in despite :sneasler: performing better, is because of it's 2.25× (or 2.5× I forgot) STAB Acrobatics (This was also because this team was made pre-home but anyways). :landorus-therian: is our Hazard and Item remover, might be counterintuitive to defog if we have terrain in field but it's managable, it holds eject button since it's bulky enough to take a hit and switch to our main attackers or substitue attackers, :scizor-mega: is there to counter :tapu-lele: and maybe :kingambit: if I played my cards right.

This is my first submission so please critisize if you found any mistakes thank you! <3

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 8)