Project National Dex OU Teambuilding Competition - Cycle 43: Ogerpon-Cornerstone

Runo

Almost time to rest
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
0308.png
MediVile BO + Eject Button Pex

Two broken clickers as an offensive core; Medicham is just spamming Close Combat and Fake Out all the damn time, up until it sees a Ghost and then it cries. Good thing that Weavile helps with that by Pursuit trapping all the Ghosts like Gholdengo and Dragapult, not to mention some Psychics like unscarfed Lele provided it has some chip. It's either that or it's clicking it's STABs and shredding anything that's not called Kingambit.

Annoying ass mofo designed to make the opp's life hell; punishes every single mon that dares switch into it by constantly clicking Thunder Wave. Good at shutting down rain which might give MediVile some trouble. Obviously sets hazards for the team as well, which is much appreciated.

Regular Pex set except E-Button over Boots or Black Sludge. Gives MediVile safe switch ins at minimum drawback. Pivots off of ZardY, Lopunny, Kartana, and even exploits Heatran by pivoting off of its Magma Storms. Synergizes really well with Ferrothorn too; the sequence usually being "Into Ferro, Click Rocks or T-Wave as they switch into Ferro check, switch into Pex and E-Button into MediVile".

Lando-T kinda glues a lot together by giving me speed control, a defogger, and an offensive ZardY check. Piggybacks off of Pex's E-Button incredibly well to force out a ton of rampant threats like Torn-T or the aforementioned ZardY with Stone Edge.

Moltes is an ass defogger and it feels like you'd only run it to Cteam Ferrothorn; so ye we're sticking with Lando-T as the fogger. Solid switch in to Heatran and Great Tusk so I don't have to worry about them breathing down my neck. It also can just randomly punish Kingambit with burns for clicking moves for free. As I said, Molt's an ass defogger so U-turn is good to get MediVile in safely so they can fuck shit up.

Sidenote: I think you can run Kingambit over Weavile here and it works the same, I just like Vile for the natural speed and an offensive Lele check. Also Ice is a crazy stab with Torn-T and Dragapult being everywhere.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/e832904513ac1405

:medicham-mega: :tapu-koko: :weavile: :toxapex: :corviknight: :garchomp:

This team is built around the combo of Mega Medicham + Tapu Koko as they are two of the strongest pokemon in the tier. Close Combat and Zen headbutt hit like a train from Medicham while Koko's volt switch is really strong and can get one of the other strong offensive pokemon in to continue the pressure on the opponent. I use bullet punch over thunder or ice punch as Weavile can deal with most of those Pokémon and the priority is helpful for finishing off pokemon.

Weavile is used to pursuit trap ghosts, psychics and weaken pokemon to allow mega medicham to clear up with its stab combo and bullet punch. It can also use knock off to help soften pokemon for itself or team mates. Ice shard is nice priority and triple axel is really strong stab.

Toxapex and Corviknight are used as the defensive core as they work well together while also not being too passive. Toxapex can stop dangerous set up sweepers while Corviknight is a reliable deffoger and can get mometum with Uturn.

Garchomp is the final pokemon for its electric immunity, use of stealth rock to chip opponents pokemon and ability to be immediately threatening with dragonium z or boost with this damage with swords dance.

https://pokepast.es/2848ccf6bb078fec

Mega Medicham is the sweeper here, paired with Kingambit which is a great pursuit trapper in NatDex. Ice punch lets Medicham hit Garchomp and Landorus T, while the uncommon Slowbro getting pursuit trapped by Kingambit. Tapu Fini deals with Walking Wake. Tera Grass Volcarona can work as a lure. Dragonite with Extreme Speed is able to sweep few teams if it gets the setup opportunity. Lando-T is the rocks setter here

Reactions: R8

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
:medicham-mega: :kingambit: :rotom-wash: :landorus-therian: :dragonite: :slowking-galar:

MMedi + Pursuit is tried and true, GKing is rlly fire alongside medi and gambit since it makes these 2 so hard to check defensively, stuff like tusk lando zama skele dont really want to switch into them anymore, dnite shores up rain mum wash lando standard defensive. GKing is fat as fuck, trust me once u see the calcs ull understand, bothered by gambit but nothing here is really tera reliant bar dnite (but even then not that much), and u can often afford to tera in that mu if u really need it, otherwise it is amazing.

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Voting time!
Team A
Thief MMedi + Xurk Webs

View attachment 500193View attachment 500194View attachment 500195View attachment 500196View attachment 500197View attachment 500199
:shuckle: :kingambit: :medicham-mega: :urshifu: :xurkitree: :gholdengo:

:shuckle:
sets webs and barrels into people once his job is done. feel free to go red card or mental herb i prefer card tho. same philosophy applies to ev spread its w/e

:kingambit:
+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch also checks pult

:medicham-mega:
pummels the opposition, even gholdengo isnt safe. fake out is good prio too

:urshifu:
+2 252 Atk Punching Glove Tera Water Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) feel free to go tpunch > aqua jet

:xurkitree:
wins 60% of games, abuses webs well and can sleep the best priority in the tier trying to rkill it ( el gambit)

:gholdengo:
obligatory cactus jack placement to deny defog and spin, do whatever you want with tera and ev spread but i like bulky

AFD 2013 Front Sprites - Pokemon Showdown! website i used for afd sprites, updated up to gen 8

Team B
:sm/medicham-mega::ss/tapu-lele: View attachment 500290 View attachment 500289:ss/ferrothorn: :ss/heatran:
Medi Lele Gambit
:medicham-mega: + :tapu-lele: Very basic medi core but also a very powerful one dont think explantion is needed here.

:kingambit:Bulky dark type that can handle ghost that seemingly threaten the main core or become a roadblock i.e gholdengo or pult (pult can still threaten gambit with Flamethrower but its pult so)

:landorus-therian: team takes a bulky turn here however this lando is the teams main defensive answer to mega loppunny or other physical attackers

:ferrothorn: goat mon. Here to simply click knock and get Spikes up for medi/to help start enabling it

:heatran: this heatran is a bit diffrent ig spdef tera flying seemingly beats one of the biggest threats for the team,volcarona but more so specifically HP/tera ground volcarona

Edit: lele has focus Blast now and not focus energy oops
Team C
0308.png
MediVile BO + Eject Button Pex

Two broken clickers as an offensive core; Medicham is just spamming Close Combat and Fake Out all the damn time, up until it sees a Ghost and then it cries. Good thing that Weavile helps with that by Pursuit trapping all the Ghosts like Gholdengo and Dragapult, not to mention some Psychics like unscarfed Lele provided it has some chip. It's either that or it's clicking it's STABs and shredding anything that's not called Kingambit.

Annoying ass mofo designed to make the opp's life hell; punishes every single mon that dares switch into it by constantly clicking Thunder Wave. Good at shutting down rain which might give MediVile some trouble. Obviously sets hazards for the team as well, which is much appreciated.

Regular Pex set except E-Button over Boots or Black Sludge. Gives MediVile safe switch ins at minimum drawback. Pivots off of ZardY, Lopunny, Kartana, and even exploits Heatran by pivoting off of its Magma Storms. Synergizes really well with Ferrothorn too; the sequence usually being "Into Ferro, Click Rocks or T-Wave as they switch into Ferro check, switch into Pex and E-Button into MediVile".

Lando-T kinda glues a lot together by giving me speed control, a defogger, and an offensive ZardY check. Piggybacks off of Pex's E-Button incredibly well to force out a ton of rampant threats like Torn-T or the aforementioned ZardY with Stone Edge.

Moltes is an ass defogger and it feels like you'd only run it to Cteam Ferrothorn; so ye we're sticking with Lando-T as the fogger. Solid switch in to Heatran and Great Tusk so I don't have to worry about them breathing down my neck. It also can just randomly punish Kingambit with burns for clicking moves for free. As I said, Molt's an ass defogger so U-turn is good to get MediVile in safely so they can fuck shit up.

Sidenote: I think you can run Kingambit over Weavile here and it works the same, I just like Vile for the natural speed and an offensive Lele check. Also Ice is a crazy stab with Torn-T and Dragapult being everywhere.

Team D
https://pokepast.es/e832904513ac1405

:medicham-mega: :tapu-koko: :weavile: :toxapex: :corviknight: :garchomp:

This team is built around the combo of Mega Medicham + Tapu Koko as they are two of the strongest pokemon in the tier. Close Combat and Zen headbutt hit like a train from Medicham while Koko's volt switch is really strong and can get one of the other strong offensive pokemon in to continue the pressure on the opponent. I use bullet punch over thunder or ice punch as Weavile can deal with most of those Pokémon and the priority is helpful for finishing off pokemon.

Weavile is used to pursuit trap ghosts, psychics and weaken pokemon to allow mega medicham to clear up with its stab combo and bullet punch. It can also use knock off to help soften pokemon for itself or team mates. Ice shard is nice priority and triple axel is really strong stab.

Toxapex and Corviknight are used as the defensive core as they work well together while also not being too passive. Toxapex can stop dangerous set up sweepers while Corviknight is a reliable deffoger and can get mometum with Uturn.

Garchomp is the final pokemon for its electric immunity, use of stealth rock to chip opponents pokemon and ability to be immediately threatening with dragonium z or boost with this damage with swords dance.
Team E
https://pokepast.es/2848ccf6bb078fec

Mega Medicham is the sweeper here, paired with Kingambit which is a great pursuit trapper in NatDex. Ice punch lets Medicham hit Garchomp and Landorus T, while the uncommon Slowbro getting pursuit trapped by Kingambit. Tapu Fini deals with Walking Wake. Tera Grass Volcarona can work as a lure. Dragonite with Extreme Speed is able to sweep few teams if it gets the setup opportunity. Lando-T is the rocks setter here
Team F
:medicham-mega: :kingambit: :rotom-wash: :landorus-therian: :dragonite: :slowking-galar:

MMedi + Pursuit is tried and true, GKing is rlly fire alongside medi and gambit since it makes these 2 so hard to check defensively, stuff like tusk lando zama skele dont really want to switch into them anymore, dnite shores up rain mum wash lando standard defensive. GKing is fat as fuck, trust me once u see the calcs ull understand, bothered by gambit but nothing here is really tera reliant bar dnite (but even then not that much), and u can often afford to tera in that mu if u really need it, otherwise it is amazing.
Voting ends Wednesday 22th March! (8PM GMT+1)

Voting can be done through ranked voting (ex: I could vote W>X=Y>Z) (every team doesn't have to be mentioned though)

R8

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Congrats sealoo for winning this round! Your team will be featured in the room for one week.
this team is actually crazy lol

Cycle 11:

Stored Power!
Note: You can use Power Trip instead
(Tera moment?)

Deadline : Monday 27th March​

Last edited:
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Spikes

Iron Valiant @ Expert Belt
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Mew @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Synchronize
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Cosmic Power
- Toxic
- Stored Power
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

:sv/diancie: (Mega)
Sets rocks and kills stuff.
:sv/iron-valiant:
Cool attacker that can kill steel types
:sv/kingambit:
Standard on all my teams, the pursuit trapper, revenge killer, and lategame cleaner.
:sv/mew:
An underrated demon, it's unable to be stallbroken, and it can sweep if given too much time.
:sv/landorus-therian:
Defogger because I wanted a more offensive defogger that wasnt tornadus-t
:sv/tapu-koko:
Needed a pokemon that benefited from Landorus occupying the Z-Move slot​

1679718589715.png1679718571512.png1679718653799.png1679718506015.png1679719045954.png1679718979426.png
You can run either corviknight or empoleon
I prefer corvi cuz i think corviknight is much easier to setup than empoleon, also i think corviknight typing is better so i choose corviknight but u can also run empoleon if u want.
You can run tera dark for more damage or tera dragon to setup much easier. choice is yours. 52 speed to outspeed booster valiant after two agility, you can run roost if you want recovery.
You can run hat instead of mew if u want.
With Screens and lizard support i think you have better chance to setup and sweep.

Last edited:
:reuniclus: :tapu-bulu: :kingambit: :rotom-wash: :heatran: :landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/bd9c67e7051fe402
Reuniclus Grassy Seed + Tapu Bulu
Reuniclus is our storedpower user. It uses grassy seed for increasing the power of storedpower, healing from terrain and gives more defense
Tapu bulu is our bulky grassy terrain setter
Kingambit traps gholdengo and dragapult which gives reuniclus and tapu bulu a hard time while also benefitting from reduced equake BP from terrain
RWash is our pivot, speed control and a switch into heatran
Heatran is our SR user, fire immune to help out kingambit and tapu bulu and also beats Msciz and other steels like ferro
Lando is our defogger and electric immune overall a nice mon
(also again this is Marinaa<3 idk how to change my name here)

Last edited:

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
1679765375800.png

https://pokepast.es/998117ca640b85cd
:farigiraf: :tapu koko: :iron valiant: :volcarona: :gyarados-mega: :garchomp:

Screens Koko enables Iron Valiant to break through common walls such Clodsire and Toxapex to open up Volcarona and Girafarig sweeps late game. Taunt Mega-Gyarados pressures unaware Pokemon and more passive teams. Groundium Z SD Garchomp pressures special walls and Garganacl (OHKOS spdef Tera Fairy/Water Garg at +2), which can be annoying for this team. Farigiraf is the main wincon and is incredibly good on this team thanks to its raw bulk, immunity to priority moves, access to stored power, agility, and calm mind, and tera blast fight to beat dark and steel types.

Giraffe up y'all.

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Janky Z Celebrate Victini Sun

:ss/victini::ss/walking wake::ss/great tusk::ss/charizard-mega-y::ss/grimmsnarl::ss/garganacl:

I'm not gonna pretend that this isn't really stupid but its fun so here it is. Z Celebrate Victini is cool because of its combination of power, coverage, and its ability to set up on common threats like Choiced Locked Fighting types and Tapu Lele. Then of course you just start blasting, ideally boosted by sun to an extent. Sub Walking Wake is stupid and is my chief water resist so I wanted a lefties set to give me a bit of respite against offensive waters, who are the biggest threat here but far from unmanageable. Tusk is my Ground-type, Dark switch in, and spinner. Yard is the sun setter not much to say. Pivot Grimmsnarl is Pult cope that is really easy to just slap on this sort of thing. EVs lure Kingambit with Superpower. Stealth Rock Garg is here because Salt Cure is stupid. Teras are mostly for rain cope.

Last edited:

about15guys

Who's this chainsaw man
is a Pre-Contributor
Stored Power Latios/Ekiller Dnite Screens HO
The classic tried-and true HO setup, this time with WP Stored power Latios to end games quickly and efficiently
Team List:
https://pokepast.es/663618a40ebb5c06
:dragonite: :iron-moth: :gyarados-mega: :tapu-koko: :cyclizar: :latios:

Team Breakdown:

First Off, Dragonite :Dragonite:
Very potent sweeper, the gameplan is you click dragon dance until sub breaks and then you click moves until the opponent is dead. The combination of screens + shed tail + multiscale means that the sub dragonite is sitting behind has more health than the actual dragonite, which gives it an obscene amount of time to setup, often up to 3 or more turns. I'm running Extreme Speed for general use, Earthquake for pesky heatrans and gambits and ice punch for lando-t or gliscor, but you can easily swap to fire punch for ferro and msciz instead

Secondly, Iron Moth :iron-moth:
Honestly in my opinion this mon is kinda slept on right now, with booster energy it reaches a staggering 525 speed even outspeeding mons like scarf tapu lele or wake in the sun, the main strength of this mon is the sheer raw coverage it gets, I'm running dazzling gleam for wake, psychic for toxapex and tera ground + tblast for heatran alongside enough EVs to have energy boost speed over SpA, but you could easily swap out coverage moves to suit the matchups you're worried about easily, with notable options being energy ball, hurricane, sludge wave and bug buzz

Third on our list, Gyarados-Mega :gyarados-mega:
Screens HO Staple, and for a good reason, dragon dance is incredibly potent, and intimidate lets it set up much easier on certain mons. Mgyara gets out of hand fast, and access to a fast taunt helps stop mons that could stop it from getting going like toxapex or taunt annihilape and mold breaker lets it obliterate mons like clefable and skeledirge, alongside packing a useful dark type allowing it to take kingambit's sucker punches very well and dish out serious damage in return

Forth, Tapu-Koko :tapu-koko:
The main point of contention on screens teams is using koko or grimm, personally I prefer koko over grimm since while grimm does get access to prankster, said ability makes dark types like kingambit very easy to come in on, letting them setup for free, especially defiant variants, Koko on the other hand doesn't have this weakness alongside the added benefit of synergizing well with certain mons like hawlucha or iron moth, triggering their abilities for free, and notably on iron moth potentially swapping from a speed quark drive boost to a special attack one, allowing moth to nuke anything that tries and come in later in a sweep

Fifth, Cyclizar :cyclizar:
Another HO staple, this mon is a phenomenal enabler for the team, as mons like mgyarados, iron moth, latios and dragonite can all make extremely good use out of cyclizar, with dragonite getting multiscale's damage reduction effect for the sub, iron moth being able to leverage its functional immunity to fairy moves, gyarados utilizing intimidate to set up on physical mons and latios being able to use levitate as an immunity, the item is mainly up to choice, options like sitrus berry or choice scarf are also very strong contenders, I just run HDB for the longlevity and the open move slot that allows me to run both overheat, shed tail knock off and rapid spin, but taunt could also be reasonably slotted over knock off or spin on non-scarf sets

Finally, last but not least, Latios :latios:
Weakness Policy Stored Power Latios of Lameflame fame, while it's a little gimmicky to set up, one it gets going, it's comepletely unstoppable if used correctly, proper prediction and use of agility on the turn your WP gets triggered often just ends the game immediately as latios has a staggering 728 spa and a blistering 700 speed alongside a 140 BP stab move, I'm running aura sphere for mons like ferro and gambit, but mystic fire or shadow ball over calm mind is also a good choice, since calm mind is mainly a backup setup strategy over the primary WP + Agility goal, alongside tera steel for general utility, although tera fighting to resist gambit's sucker punch and get STAB on aura sphere is also a good option

This team is very modular, as the only mons really essential to the gameplan are cyclizar, koko and latios, feel free to swap out sets or mons you dont like with some of the others below

Wrestlemania (Hawlucha) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Brick Break
- Throat Chop/Taunt
Very potent mon, unburden makes it very fast and elec seed boosts its def and acrobatics to ungodly levels, run throat chop for gholden but otherwise taunt is a great option

ban this plane (Dragapult) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
Classic Ddance Zmove pult set, very potent once certain checks are taken out by other mons, its linear but very strong

Other good options I don't have sets for are QD 3a Volcarona, Z-Howl Zamazenta, SD Urshifu-R, and if you're feeling extra fancy, flame charge Skeledirge

R8

National Dex Leader
Voting time

Team A
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Spikes

Iron Valiant @ Expert Belt
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Mew @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Synchronize
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Cosmic Power
- Toxic
- Stored Power
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

:sv/diancie: (Mega)
Sets rocks and kills stuff.
:sv/iron-valiant:
Cool attacker that can kill steel types
:sv/kingambit:
Standard on all my teams, the pursuit trapper, revenge killer, and lategame cleaner.
:sv/mew:
An underrated demon, it's unable to be stallbroken, and it can sweep if given too much time.
:sv/landorus-therian:
Defogger because I wanted a more offensive defogger that wasnt tornadus-t
:sv/tapu-koko:
Needed a pokemon that benefited from Landorus occupying the Z-Move slot​
Team B
View attachment 502515View attachment 502514View attachment 502516View attachment 502512View attachment 502518View attachment 502517
You can run either corviknight or empoleon
I prefer corvi cuz i think corviknight is much easier to setup than empoleon, also i think corviknight typing is better so i choose corviknight but u can also run empoleon if u want.
You can run tera dark for more damage or tera dragon to setup much easier. choice is yours. 52 speed to outspeed booster valiant after two agility, you can run roost if you want recovery.
You can run hat instead of mew if u want.
With Screens and lizard support i think you have better chance to setup and sweep.
Team C
https://pokepast.es/919cd538866218b0
:heatran: :toxapex: :gliscor: :kyurem: :dragapult: :mew:
This team was built around Stored Power Mew and DD Kyurem with the main idea being to wear down stuff with status in order for a mew/kyu sweep.pretty standard defensive core with gliscor and pex pult as speed control, trying out flame body tran to cope with the gambit mu.
Team D
:reuniclus: :tapu-bulu: :kingambit: :rotom-wash: :heatran: :landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/bd9c67e7051fe402
Reuniclus Grassy Seed + Tapu Bulu
Reuniclus is our storedpower user. It uses grassy seed for increasing the power of storedpower, healing from terrain and gives more defense
Tapu bulu is our bulky grassy terrain setter
Kingambit traps gholdengo and dragapult which gives reuniclus and tapu bulu a hard time while also benefitting from reduced equake BP from terrain
RWash is our pivot, speed control and a switch into heatran
Heatran is our SR user, fire immune to help out kingambit and tapu bulu and also beats Msciz and other steels like ferro
Lando is our defogger and electric immune overall a nice mon
(also again this is Marinaa<3 idk how to change my name here)
Team E
View attachment 502654
https://pokepast.es/998117ca640b85cd
:farigiraf: :tapu koko: :iron valiant: :volcarona: :gyarados-mega: :garchomp:

Screens Koko enables Iron Valiant to break through common walls such Clodsire and Toxapex to open up Volcarona and Girafarig sweeps late game. Taunt Mega-Gyarados pressures unaware Pokemon and more passive teams. Groundium Z SD Garchomp pressures special walls and Garganacl (OHKOS spdef Tera Fairy/Water Garg at +2), which can be annoying for this team. Farigiraf is the main wincon and is incredibly good on this team thanks to its raw bulk, immunity to priority moves, access to stored power, agility, and calm mind, and tera blast fight to beat dark and steel types.

Giraffe up y'all.
Team F
Janky Z Celebrate Victini Sun

:ss/victini::ss/walking wake::ss/great tusk::ss/charizard-mega-y::ss/grimmsnarl::ss/garganacl:

I'm not gonna pretend that this isn't really stupid but its fun so here it is. Z Celebrate Victini is cool because of its combination of power, coverage, and its ability to set up on common threats like Choiced Locked Fighting types and Tapu Lele. Then of course you just start blasting, ideally boosted by sun to an extent. Sub Walking Wake is stupid and is my chief water resist so I wanted a lefties set to give me a bit of respite against offensive waters, who are the biggest threat here but far from unmanageable. Tusk is my Ground-type, Dark switch in, and spinner. Yard is the sun setter not much to say. Pivot Grimmsnarl is Pult cope that is really easy to just slap on this sort of thing. EVs lure Kingambit with Superpower. Stealth Rock Garg is here because Salt Cure is stupid. Teras are mostly for rain cope.
Team G
Stored Power Latios/Ekiller Dnite Screens HO
The classic tried-and true HO setup, this time with WP Stored power Latios to end games quickly and efficiently
Team List:
https://pokepast.es/663618a40ebb5c06
:dragonite: :iron-moth: :gyarados-mega: :tapu-koko: :cyclizar: :latios:

Team Breakdown:

First Off, Dragonite :Dragonite:
Very potent sweeper, the gameplan is you click dragon dance until sub breaks and then you click moves until the opponent is dead. The combination of screens + shed tail + multiscale means that the sub dragonite is sitting behind has more health than the actual dragonite, which gives it an obscene amount of time to setup, often up to 3 or more turns. I'm running Extreme Speed for general use, Earthquake for pesky heatrans and gambits and ice punch for lando-t or gliscor, but you can easily swap to fire punch for ferro and msciz instead

Secondly, Iron Moth :iron-moth:
Honestly in my opinion this mon is kinda slept on right now, with booster energy it reaches a staggering 525 speed even outspeeding mons like scarf tapu lele or wake in the sun, the main strength of this mon is the sheer raw coverage it gets, I'm running dazzling gleam for wake, psychic for toxapex and tera ground + tblast for heatran alongside enough EVs to have energy boost speed over SpA, but you could easily swap out coverage moves to suit the matchups you're worried about easily, with notable options being energy ball, hurricane, sludge wave and bug buzz

Third on our list, Gyarados-Mega :gyarados-mega:
Screens HO Staple, and for a good reason, dragon dance is incredibly potent, and intimidate lets it set up much easier on certain mons. Mgyara gets out of hand fast, and access to a fast taunt helps stop mons that could stop it from getting going like toxapex or taunt annihilape and mold breaker lets it obliterate mons like clefable and skeledirge, alongside packing a useful dark type allowing it to take kingambit's sucker punches very well and dish out serious damage in return

Forth, Tapu-Koko :tapu-koko:
The main point of contention on screens teams is using koko or grimm, personally I prefer koko over grimm since while grimm does get access to prankster, said ability makes dark types like kingambit very easy to come in on, letting them setup for free, especially defiant variants, Koko on the other hand doesn't have this weakness alongside the added benefit of synergizing well with certain mons like hawlucha or iron moth, triggering their abilities for free, and notably on iron moth potentially swapping from a speed quark drive boost to a special attack one, allowing moth to nuke anything that tries and come in later in a sweep

Fifth, Cyclizar :cyclizar:
Another HO staple, this mon is a phenomenal enabler for the team, as mons like mgyarados, iron moth, latios and dragonite can all make extremely good use out of cyclizar, with dragonite getting multiscale's damage reduction effect for the sub, iron moth being able to leverage its functional immunity to fairy moves, gyarados utilizing intimidate to set up on physical mons and latios being able to use levitate as an immunity, the item is mainly up to choice, options like sitrus berry or choice scarf are also very strong contenders, I just run HDB for the longlevity and the open move slot that allows me to run both overheat, shed tail knock off and rapid spin, but taunt could also be reasonably slotted over knock off or spin on non-scarf sets

Finally, last but not least, Latios :latios:
Weakness Policy Stored Power Latios of Lameflame fame, while it's a little gimmicky to set up, one it gets going, it's comepletely unstoppable if used correctly, proper prediction and use of agility on the turn your WP gets triggered often just ends the game immediately as latios has a staggering 728 spa and a blistering 700 speed alongside a 140 BP stab move, I'm running aura sphere for mons like ferro and gambit, but mystic fire or shadow ball over calm mind is also a good choice, since calm mind is mainly a backup setup strategy over the primary WP + Agility goal, alongside tera steel for general utility, although tera fighting to resist gambit's sucker punch and get STAB on aura sphere is also a good option

This team is very modular, as the only mons really essential to the gameplan are cyclizar, koko and latios, feel free to swap out sets or mons you dont like with some of the others below

Wrestlemania (Hawlucha) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Flying
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Brick Break
- Throat Chop/Taunt
Very potent mon, unburden makes it very fast and elec seed boosts its def and acrobatics to ungodly levels, run throat chop for gholden but otherwise taunt is a great option

ban this plane (Dragapult) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
Classic Ddance Zmove pult set, very potent once certain checks are taken out by other mons, its linear but very strong

Other good options I don't have sets for are QD 3a Volcarona, Z-Howl Zamazenta, SD Urshifu-R, and if you're feeling extra fancy, flame charge Skeledirge
Voting ends Wednesday 29th March! (8PM GMT+2)

Voting can be done through ranked voting (ex: I could vote W>X=Y>Z) (Every team do not have to be mentioned)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)