Side National Dex Monotype Tournament - Round 12

DugZa

Carpe Diem
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NUPL Champion

Approved by the National Dex Moderation Team / Co-hosted with adjustments

Welcome to the first individual tour of National Dex Monotype. This tournament will be double elimination and a best of three. Please use the National Dex Monotype format to play these matches. This tournament is not a part of any circuit; however, the winner of this tournament will receive a $75 USD and Room Voice in the National Dex Monotype. Since this tour is to develop the Monotype National Dex metagame post MWP, we will require all replays to be posted in the thread!

Please refer to the National Dex Monotype megathread as the resource for this tournament!
SPECIFIC RULES:
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Three.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown, which is the Main server or Smogon Tours servers. Matches played on any other server will be void and redone on one of those 2 servers.
  • To encourage the development of the metagames, all matches must have replays saved and posted in the thread so that everyone is on an even playing field. If your series is not posted in the thread, the game will be flipped regardless of whoever won.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type.
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages

Rules and General Guidelines

• The 5/8ths rule will be used to generate brackets.
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm), I will not be pleased, and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counter teaming at all. Please do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent." I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I permit all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them to watch. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds, though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn, prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Please don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid-battle and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the player's hands who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was, without a doubt, over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened, there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Shoutouts to Maskun for setting up a sheet to track type usage, type wins, and player types used for the tournament. Thanks to Ticken for helping him set it up! Check out the sheet here.​

Winners Bracket

Trichotomy vs. Maskun

Losers Bracket

Prosaic vs. Conflux

The deadline for this round is Sunday, April 18th @ 10 PM EST. Please post replays in this thread; if they are not posted, your series will be coin flipped!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)