Project National Dex: Community Create-A-Team v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arase

Banned deucer.
hello everyone new CCAT co-host here, with Groundium Z Ferrothorn winning the poll here is the result of today CCAT

https://pokepast.es/5551af7f337e55cd

good job to everyone who partecipated, see yall again next week!

team description

groundium z ferrothorn can Z on the heatran/magnezone switch in and easily take a kill on them, its very unexpected and funny, power whip its there for rain teams and such, leech seed is there for longevity and pretty much annoy mons like corviknight and landorus-therian, spikes is there for hazards control. this ferrothorn is good for offensive with the attacks and spikes but can also be there with its natural bulk for leech seed shenanigans. its evs are to OHKO heatran having stealth rocks up with, and the speed is there to outspeed slow things that would creep it.
72 Atk Ferrothorn Tectonic Rage (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 340-400 (88 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

tapu fini: fini is our fire resistence and also the defogger if needed. the set is the basic suggested set for fini defog so not much to explain here.

landorus-therian: lando is our electric resistance for fini and greninja and also our ground immunity. rocks are standard, earthquake is also standard to hit heatran and such, u-turn is there for pressure and toxic is there to annoy other landos and whatnot. we opted for a slow landorus so other landos will u-turn before us and we can keep pressure up and also because heatran is really slow so we still drop an earthquake on it.

volcarona: volca is our setup sweeper, we got support from spikes ferro and rocks lando to facilitate our sweep after just 1 or 2 quiver dances, fire blast hits everything very hard and it can kill a landorus guaranteed after 1 QD so its pretty solid, bug buzz is our strong stab to click when we dont click fire blast and psychic is there to hit toxapex mostly.

greninja: we opted on a protean greninja instead of ash one because we needed speed control and also a mixed set is good for different threats in the game. gunk shot is there to hit clefable, tapu fini and other fairies that otherwise could potentially threat our team, ice beam for landorus, kartana and other generic good things, u-turn is there to pivot and keep pressure up, always good to have! and rock slide is there to kill volcarona. the spa evs are to guarantee a kill on kartana, the rest will just be speed and attack for the other moves.

mawile-mega: mega maw is a very funny and strong mon to have, with spikes and rocks support sent at the right times it can easily kill or do alot of damage vs anything! mega mawile is a great wallbreaker since it has so much attack and huge power to support it. play rough is a powerful STAB to click most of the times, ice punch is there for landorus switching on it and whatnot, thunder punch is there for tapu fini, pelipper and whatnot, focus punch is great vs roosting mons like corviknight for example, we can thunder punch it and then focus punch on the roost to kill it since it lose steel type and becomes only a steel mon so the move is super effective but its also great on the switch ins. the speed evs are to outspeed corviknight and skarmory so we can thunder punch them and then focus punch when needed. rest is max attack adamant and remaining goes into hp for bulk

Last edited:

sealoo

PaulGod
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I AM IRON MAN (Celesteela) @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Autotomize
- Meteor Beam
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash

Outspeeds MLop at +2, good check in short term for Lele and Kart for HO teams

:ss/celesteela:

God mon but ND room only builds BO in ccat sadly…

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:ss/necrozma:
Starry Night (Necrozma) @ Power Herb / Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Meteor Beam / Calm Mind / Autotomize
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power

psy + fire + ground coverage is unmatched, evs are to outspeed scarf kart at +2, but if you use cm or meteor beam use 252+ timid. can be used on webs or screens ig

Last edited:
:ss/slowking-galar: @ :black-sludge:

Slowking-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Trick
- Psyshock/Psychic
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast

hits almost everything for neutral damage, except for tran, who gets crippled by trick outside of z variants. spread is to ohko corv after rocks at +2, but maybe theres a more optimal set idk lol. btw if you're going fire blast you should go 12 evs just to ohko corv from full at +2

Last edited:
3A Serperior :serperior: :grassium Z: / :Leftovers:

Not to imply that it's bad, but ngl sometimes i just forget that this mon exist so i thought of letting it go a different route(which i've never explored). oh and if you see this r8 gl dealing with it

Serperior @ Grassium Z / Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic / Taunt

Note 1: Knock Off is used to provide more support while being a move that very little of it's counter play enjoy eating, and those who do don't have is either a bit passive to threaten serp and it's team very quickly(doesn't mean they are not dangerous) such as toxapex and unaware clefable or doesn't have passive recover(potentially even prone to being worn down as they are more offensive checks) with heatran being a prime example. Toxic is used to lure important targets such as mega latias, volcarona, victini and the aforementioned unaware calm mind clefable. Taunt on the switch seals attempts to take advantage of serperior that toxic couldn't such as stealth rock heatran, defog corviknight, SD hawlucha, DD kyurem, DD zard x and offensive volcarona(if those latter 4 are on HO, since they attempt to snowball quickly and break holes, and wouldn't care too much about toxic.

Note 2: Grassium Z can be used to immediately surprise the likes of toxapex and hydreigon as they come in on an unboosted leaf storm just to die afterwards. Leftovers can be used for the extra recovery to allow serperior to outlast lots of it's counterplay when combined with knock off, which is made nastier with good double switches. Prob could also toy with something like miracle seed or other boosting items idk you guys can figure it out yourself

DO NOT CHANGE THE SET TOO DRASTICALLY THE IDEA OF 3A SERP IS TO DESTROY MOST OF IT'S COUNTERPLAY WHILE STILL DOING IT'S USUAL JOB OF SNOWBALLING AT THE COST OF TEAM SUPPORT. IF THE ROOM DOES I WILL BOMBARD THIS PROJECT WITH HORIBBLE SUBMISSIONS

ok more seriously i've noticed that the calculator ignores leftovers and black sludge when moves that change their respective offensive stats are used such as draco meteor and in this case: leaf storm is used for two turns straight, perhaps using them 3-5 times in the calculator would also ignore the items.

Toxapex :toxapex: :black sludge:(knocked off)
+2 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Toxapex: 265-313 (87.1 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO(93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)
252 SpA Contrary Serperior Leaf Storm over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Toxapex: 268-316 (88.1 - 103.9%) -- 25% chance to 2HKO(guaranteed KO in 2 turns after Stealth Rock)

Zapdos :zapdos: :heavy-duty boots:(knocked off)
+2 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 241-284 (62.9 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Contrary Serperior Leaf Storm over 2 turns vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 241-284 (62.9 - 74.1%) -- not a KO

with more offensive variants getting the spotlight defenesive variants are not used as much, which means serp will have an easier time blasting through the legendary bird. Besides, both toxic and taunt on the switch would allow serp to spam leaf storms after the boots are knocked off with stealth rocks up.

Unaware Clefable :clefable: :leftovers:(knocked off)
252 SpA Contrary Serperior Leaf Storm over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 482-569 (122.3 - 144.4%) -- guaranteed KO in 2 turns after Stealth Rock and toxic damage
+2 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Unaware Clefable: 241-285 (61.1 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 160-190 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- 66.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and toxic damage
160+241=401
Clef max HP: 394

Victini :victini: :heavy-duty boots:
0- Atk Serperior Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Victini: 100-118 (26.9 - 31.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Contrary Serperior Leaf Storm over 2 turns vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 221-261 (59.5 - 70.3%) -- not a KO
+2 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 220-260 (59.2 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
yes one round of rocks after knock off will put victini in range of 2 consecutive leaf storms, or you just straight up don't even need stealth rocks up if you have grassium-z to have victini knocked out of range to being able to safely make a hard switch in

Melmetal :melmetal: :assault vest:(knocked off)
i realised i missed this lol sry
Chansey :chansey: :eviolite:(knocked off)
+2 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Chansey: 420-495 (59.7 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Chansey: 141-166 (20 - 23.6%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 SpA Contrary Serperior Leaf Storm over 3 turns vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Chansey: 841-992 (119.6 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed KO in 3 turns
bada bing bang boom it should be easy to chip down chansey since no one is expecting this item choice, especially with taunt

Blissey :blissey: :heavy-duty boots:(knocked off)
+4 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 510-600 (71.4 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Contrary Serperior Leaf Storm over 3 turns vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 681-803 (95.3 - 112.4%) -- 68.8% chance to 3HKO
Just about the same case with chansey, albeit slightly worse but still this thing can't do anything if taunt is clicked

Mega Latias :latias-mega: :latiasite:
+6 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 207-243 (57 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+4 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 155-183 (42.6 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 155-183 (42.6 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 103-122 (28.3 - 33.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO
Ok these calcs might seem meagre but in reality toxic and rocks could make a lot of difference, i won't go into details as it would drive anyone crazy

Last edited:

Sulo

shifting stars
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
3A Serperior :serperior: :grassium Z: / Leftovers:

Not to imply that it's bad, but ngl sometimes i just forget that this mon exist so i thought of letting it go a different route(which i've never explored). oh and if you see this r8 gl dealing with it

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic / Taunt

Note 1: Knock Off is used to provide more support while being a move that very little of it's counter play enjoy eating, and those who do don't have is either a bit passive to threaten serp and it's team very quickly(doesn't mean they are not dangerous) such as toxapex and unaware clefable or doesn't have passive recover(potentially even prone to being worn down as they are more offensive checks) with heatran being a prime example. Toxic is used to lure important targets such as mega latias, volcarona, victini and the aforementioned unaware calm mind clefable. Taunt on the switch seals attempts to take advantage of serperior that toxic couldn't such as stealth rock heatran, defog corviknight, SD hawlucha, DD kyurem, DD zard x and offensive volcarona(if those latter 4 are on HO, since they attempt to snowball quickly and break holes, and wouldn't care too much about toxic.

DO NOT CHANGE THE SET TOO DRASTICALLY THE IDEA OF 3A SERP IS TO DESTROY MOST OF IT'S COUNTERPLAY WHILE STILL DOING IT'S USUAL JOB OF SNOWBALLING AT THE COST OF TEAM SUPPORT. IF THE ROOM DOES I WILL BOMBARD THIS PROJECT WITH HORIBBLE SUBMISSIONS

ok more seriously i've noticed that the calculator ignores leftovers and black sludge when moves that change their respective offensive stats are used such as draco meteor and in this case: leaf storm is used for two turns straight, perhaps using them 3-5 times in the calculator would also ignore the items.

+2 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Toxapex: 265-313 (87.1 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO(93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)
252 SpA Contrary Serperior Leaf Storm over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Toxapex: 268-316 (88.1 - 103.9%) -- 25% chance to 2HKO(guaranteed KO in 2 turns after Stealth Rock)

Zapdos :toxapex: :heavy-duty boots:(knocked off)
+2 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 241-284 (62.9 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Contrary Serperior Leaf Storm over 2 turns vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 241-284 (62.9 - 74.1%) -- not a KO

with more offensive variants getting the spotlight defenesive variants are not used as much, which means serp will have an easier time blasting through the legendary bird. Besides, both toxic and taunt on the switch would allow serp to spam leaf storms after the boots are knocked off with stealth rocks up.

252 SpA Contrary Serperior Leaf Storm over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 482-569 (122.3 - 144.4%) -- guaranteed KO in 2 turns after Stealth Rock and toxic damage
+2 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Unaware Clefable: 241-285 (61.1 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 160-190 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- 66.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and toxic damage
160+241=401

0- Atk Serperior Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Victini: 100-118 (26.9 - 31.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Contrary Serperior Leaf Storm over 2 turns vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 221-261 (59.5 - 70.3%) -- not a KO
+2 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 220-260 (59.2 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
yes one round of rocks after knock off will put victini in range of 2 consecutive leaf storms, or you just straight up don't even need stealth rocks up if you have grassium-z to have victini knocked out of range to being able to safely make a hard switch in

Melmetal :melmetal: :

+2 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Chansey: 420-495 (59.7 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Chansey: 141-166 (20 - 23.6%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 SpA Contrary Serperior Leaf Storm over 3 turns vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Chansey: 841-992 (119.6 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed KO in 3 turns
bada bing bang boom it should be easy to chip down chansey since no one is expecting this item choice, especially with taunt

+4 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 510-600 (71.4 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Contrary Serperior Leaf Storm over 3 turns vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 681-803 (95.3 - 112.4%) -- 68.8% chance to 3HKO
Just about the same case with chansey, albeit slightly worse but still this thing can't do anything if taunt is clicked

+6 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 207-243 (57 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+4 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 155-183 (42.6 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Serperior Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 155-183 (42.6 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 103-122 (28.3 - 33.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO
Ok these calcs might seem meagre but in reality toxic and rocks could make a lot of difference, i won't go into details as it would drive anyone crazy
You realize we can't change the set anyways, right?

You realize we can't change the set anyways, right?
i thought the set would seem ridiculous to some and i noticed there's a little pattern that submitted sets will be slightly modified if it's unorthodox/wacky, like the malt from 2 weeks ago and somehow my arctozolt submission from 3 weeks ago ended up with blizzard on the final team when i already included how that blizzard's only significiant target is buzzwole. Not saying it's a bad thing, but maybe there should be like a guideline to which sets can be changed in the process of building teams? i mean i guess if you want you can change but as i said not too much, especially since i've never tested it yet and it sounded so good in my head.

Last edited:

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Choice Scarf Tyranitar
:bw/Tyranitar:
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf :Choice Scarf:
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 152 Atk / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower / Fire Punch / Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Choice Scarf Tyranitar, as far as I know is a pre-existing moveset from Generation 6. While this set varies in purposes in the two formats, the idea stays practically the same. With the increased speed, Tyranitar is capable of outspeeding Mega Latias, Heatran, and Tapu Lele who usually boast coverage against Tyranitar. While this has relevance, the set has a unique purpose different from the one in X/Y; luring Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Garchomp. The three mentioned Ground-types (all 4x weak to Ice) are in no doubt huge threats to Tyranitar, not to this set though. With enough EVs to OHKO all three with Ice Beam after Stealth Rock, teammates that dislike Ground-types can be brought out to their full potential.

Last edited:

Arase

Banned deucer.
Hello everyone! this week winner was Slowking-Galar and here is the result. https://pokepast.es/d202389bdbe04039

thanks everyone for partecipating and hopefully i will see you again next week!

team explaination : trick is there to cripple mons that could wall it or be annoying in general like corviknight, volcarona and whatever, nasty plot is good vs bulkier teams and we can easily setup on toxapex, mons that wont do much damage in general like corviknight and so on, psyshock is there to be the psychic stab which also hits calm mind users like reuniclus etc and flamethrower is there to hit ferrothorn, kartana and others. the speed is there to outspeed toxapex, the spa one shot corviknight after a nasty plot and rocks with flamethrower and the rest is max hp and rest in spdef

scizor-mega: scizor is there as our kyurem check mostly. its there to either volturn with its teammate rotom-wash or it can also sword dance setup. the evs is basically him being pretty bulky to support its sword dance setup and roost to keep it alive for long

rotom-wash: rotom is a good water resistance, ground immunity and a good pivot with volt switch. it can cripple mons with will o wisp, hydro pump to hit lando/fire types and whatever and pain split for recovery.

landorus-therian: landorus is very self explainatory, its an elec immunity, ground immunity, defog user, very good stats and it can also pivot with u-turn, we opted for defog so rotom could have pain split instead so we had longevity for rain matchup and others. overall a pretty strong mon to have. we opted for a physical wall landorus since we had already a good amount of special defense mons

kartana: kart is our speed control which also helps vs the rain matchup alongside rotom. the set is very standard not much to say about it

clefable: clef is our dark resist, it got rocks since lando doesnt carry as its our defogger, thunder wave to cripple mons, soft for recovery and moonblast to hit dark types, dragons and so on. the 8 speed is to outspeed other clefs and mons that would outspeed a no speed clef.

3A Serperior :serperior: :grassium Z: / :Leftovers:

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic / Taunt

Note 2: Grassium Z can be used to immediately surprise the likes of toxapex and hydreigon as they come in on an unboosted leaf storm just to die afterwards. Leftovers can be used for the extra recovery to allow serperior to outlast lots of it's counterplay when combined with knock off, which is made nastier with good double switches. Prob could also toy with something like miracle seed or other boosting items idk you guys can figure it out yourself

Zapdos :zapdos: :heavy-duty boots:(knocked off)

160+241=401

Melmetal :melmetal: :assault vest:(knocked off)
i realised i missed this lol sry

This again

Giyu

Tomioka
Choice Scarf Tyranitar
:bw/Tyranitar:
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf :Choice Scarf:
EVs: 152 Atk / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower / Fire Punch / Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Choice Scarf Tyranitar, as far as I know is a pre-existing moveset from Generation 6. While this set varies in purposes in the two formats, the idea stays practically the same. With the increased speed, Tyranitar is capable of outspeeding Mega Latias, Heatran, and Tapu Lele who usually boast coverage against Tyranitar. While this has relevance, the set has a unique purpose different from the one in X/Y; luring Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Garchomp. The three mentioned Ground-types (all 4x weak to Ice) are in doubt huge threats to Tyranitar, not to this set though. With enough EVs to OHKO all three with Ice Beam after Stealth Rock, teammates that dislike Ground-types can be brought out to their full potential.
This.

xd didn't think i'd win finally, i shouldve come on esp since this is one of the few days id be able to lol

anw :sm/greninja: @ :grassium-z:

Greninja @ Grassium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Low Kick
- Spikes

evs are to ohko spdef washtom. compressing a washtom/gastro/fini (last one still fears gunk) lure as well as a spiker + z abuser is kinda the only reason you'd run this tbh but i think it seems fun

Last edited:

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:mienshao: :life-orb: +:weavile: :choice-band: +:tapu-koko: :heavy-duty-boots:
MienWeavKoko - Offensive Core
:ss/mienshao:
Mienshao @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge / Fake Out
- U-turn
- Poison Jab / Blaze Kick / Knock Off

Good pivot, can damage foes well throughout the game and Regenerator lets it heal off recoil it takes from Life Orb. Can click Close Combat on Steel-types that Weavile and Tapu Koko struggle with.

Second Slot: Stone Edge can be used for Flying- and Fire-types, and Fake Out for chip damage.

Fourth Slot: Stone Edge can be used for Flying- and Fire-types, Poison Jab for Fairy-types, Knock Off as utility, and Blaze Kick for Steel-types that are neutral to Close Combat.

:ss/weavile:
Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Weavile takes care of Ground- and Psychic-types and Zapdos, Pokémon that Tapu Koko and Mienshao struggle with.

:ss/tapu-koko:
Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam / Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn
- Roost

Tapu Koko takes care of Tapu Fini and Toxapex, and can pivot very well. Dazzling Gleam can be used for Dark-types like Greninja and Weavile, but Hidden Power Ice can provide you with a reliable way of dealing with Ground-types like Landorus-Therian and Gliscor.

Last edited:
:mienshao: :life-orb: +:weavile: :choice-band: +:tapu-koko: :heavy-duty-boots:
MienWeavKoko - Offensive Core
:ss/mienshao:
Mienshao @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Poison Jab / Blaze Kick

Good pivot, can damage foes well throughout the game and Regenerator lets it heal off recoil it takes from Life Orb. Can click Close Combat on Steel-types that Weavile and Tapu Koko struggle with.

Fourth Slot: Stone Edge can be used for Flying- and Fire-types, Poison Jab for Fairy-types, and Blaze Kick for Steel-types that are neutral to Close Combat.

:ss/weavile:
Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Weavile takes care of Ground- and Psychic-types and Zapdos, Pokémon that Tapu Koko and Mienshao struggle with.

:ss/tapu-koko:
Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam / Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn
- Roost

Tapu Koko takes care of Tapu Fini and Toxapex, and can pivot very well. Dazzling Gleam can be used for Dark-types like Greninja and Weavile, but Hidden Power Ice can provide you with a reliable way of dealing with Ground-types like Landorus-Therian and Gliscor.
Would Knock Off (for utility) or HP Ice (for lando/glisc) be viable options?

Giyu

Tomioka
:heracross-mega:
Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile / Substitute / Bullet Seed

This is the sample set. We never see this mon ever, so i figured it could be an interesting pick. Maybe on paraspam.
We've built around it already.

hidin

What a kind young man
Would Knock Off (for utility) or HP Ice (for lando/glisc) be viable options?
Knock Off can be nice for utility; feel free to slot it in Mienshao's fourth move slot. Also, I have experimented with Hidden Power Ice, if you would like to use it, run a spread of 236 Atk / 20 SpA / 252 Spe with a Hasty Nature to get the guaranteed 2HKO on 240+ SpD Gliscor. But, if you have Stealth Rocks up, it is going to be a 2HKO, so you can run 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe with a Hasty Nature to invest more into Attack.

sealoo

PaulGod
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I AM IRON MAN (Celesteela) @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Meteor Beam
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash

Outspeeds MLop at +2, good check in short term for Lele and Kart for HO teams

:ss/celesteela:

God mon but ND room only builds BO in ccat sadly…
still god mon, my submission

Sulo

shifting stars
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
:ss/Mienshao: :ss/Weavile: :ss/Tapu-Koko: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Tapu-Fini: :ss/Scizor-Mega:

We had built around a three-mon core today, consisting of Mienshao, Weavile, and Tapu Koko. Weavile is able to trap and remove Psychic-types like Reuniclus and Mega Latias for Mienshao, while Tapu Koko easily removes bulky Water-types like Toxapex and Tapu Fini. It can also pivot out on Ground- and Steel-types to give Mienshao and Weavile more breaking opportunities. Landorus was a simple choice here, role compression that most teams with niche Pokemon need and an entry hazard setter. Tapu Fini gives us crucial entry hazard removal that gives + a secondary answer to Fighting-types like Mega Lopunny and Mega Medicham. Scizor gives us a much needed Tapu Lele and can trap and bait Toxapex for our breakers.

Submissions are open for the new week!

Giyu

Tomioka
CORE

MEGA TYRANITAR

:ss/Tyranitar-Mega:
Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite :Tyranitarite:
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

GLISCOR

:ss/Gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb :Toxic Orb:
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 100 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost
- Swords Dance

This is probably one of my favourite cores at the moment due to how most teams don't factor in Swords Dance Gliscor as a threat and dedicate Zapdos as it's check. The reason these two work so well together is that Mega Tyranitar sets up sandstorm and Stealth Rock to make it insanely hard to pivot into Gliscor, Tyranitar also traps threats such as Mega Latias harboring Ice Beam, Choice-Locked Tapu Lele, and Weavile to chip it down.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 100 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost
- Swords Dance
POSSIBLE TEAMMATES

FERROTHORN

:ss/Ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers :Leftovers:
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 232 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Power Whip / Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Ferrothorn forms a hazard stacking core with Mega Tyranitar and provides a much needed Water-type resistance against threats such as Ash Greninja, Tapu Fini, and Mega Swampert. Ferrothorn can be your dedicated Kyurem check with Iron Head although I've found Power Whip to be more beneficial.

ZAPDOS

:ss/Zapdos:
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots :Heavy-Duty Boots:
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Due to the crippling weakness against Kartana, Mega Scizor, and the currently uncommon Rillaboom, Zapdos is a must have. With Volt Switch, Zapdos is capable of pivoting in your breakers and dealing chip damage to the opposing team.

HEATRAN

:ss/Heatran:

Heatran @ Steelium Z :Steelium Z: / Firium Z :Firium Z:
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid / Modest Nature
- Steel Beam / Flash Cannon
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt / Toxic

Heatran functions as a stall breaker against threats such as Clefable, Skarmory, and even chipped down Tapu Fini. There isn't much to say other than that, it's definitely a menace to deal with considering most players expect specially defensive sets.

TAPU FINI

:ss/Tapu-Fini:

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf :Choice Scarf:
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 188 HP / 88 SpA / 8 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Surf
- Defog / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Because of how slow the core and support options are as well as the lack of hazard removal and completion of the Fire/Grass/Water core, Tapu Fini is basically the missing puzzle piece of this team. Tapu Fini works as an excellent buffer against Weavile and Ash Greninja, as well as a nice Ferrothorn lure with Trick or if used, Hidden Power Fire.

:ss/blacephalon: @ :ghostium-z:/:firium-z:/:grassium-z:/:heavy-duty-boots:/:life-orb:

Blacephalon @ Heavy-Duty Boots/Firium Z/Ghostium Z/Grassium Z/Life Orb
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute/Solar Beam

I feel like this mon as a whole is underexplored, specifically it's speed boosting cm evs. Seeing this, even outside ho would be nice

EDIT: i initially wrote this when sleep deprived

Last edited:

Giyu

Tomioka
:ss/blacephalon: @ :ghostium-z:/:firium-z:/:grassium-z:/:heavy-duty-boots:/:life-orb:

Blacephalon @ Heavy-Duty Boots/Firium Z/Ghostium Z/Grassium Z/Life Orb
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute/Solar Beam

I feel like this mon as a whole is underexplored, specifically it's speed boosting cm evs. Seeing thjs, eve outside o
We've built around this already.

:Gyarados: :flyinium Z:

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Power Whip / Substitute / Earthquake / Stone Edge

Though gyarados is easily revenge killed by scarfers such as tapu lele and landorus therian, it is ridiculously difficult to be walled with flyinium-z, and complimented by moxie it could snowball out of hand very quickly, either that it cleans up weakened teams or break open holes for it's teammates.
The last slot could really be anything the user likes, since fly-z nukes so much anyways there's only really little that doens't fold to it.
252 Atk Gyarados Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 376-444 (133.8 - 158%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 56 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 415-490 (102.4 - 120.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 470-554 (116.3 - 137.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 445-525 (112.9 - 133.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Moonblast doens't hit too hard so it should be easy to overwhelm clef, remember to scout for twave tho.

+3 252 Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 427-504 (108.6 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
If it isn't obvious you can only attempt to do this risklessly if you are using substitute

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 16 Def Tapu Fini: 333-393 (97 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 271-319 (96.4 - 113.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 362-428 (93.7 - 110.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Latias-Mega: 322-381 (88.7 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
guranteed kill after rocks

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Landorus-Therian: 338-398 (88.4 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
guranteed kill after rocks due to rounding

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 244 HP / 52 Def Gliscor: 302-356 (85.7 - 101.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
glisc can't really hurt gyara anyways

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Toxapex: 246-291 (80.9 - 95.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 20 Def Ferrothorn: 297-349 (84.3 - 99.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
yea sure ferro has good longetivity but it's not gonna be at 100% every single turn to check gyara.
This thing again

We've built around this already.
Oops, my bad. I'll leave the post up because I don't want my unfinished typo-ridden ending to be the only evidence left on this planet that I suggested that mon to begin with though.

Anyways, since the "every submission must be on the viability rankings" rule seems to just straight up not exist anymore, I'll suggest something unique here:

:ss/polteageist: @ :focus-sash:/:ghostium-z:/:spell-tag:

Polteageist @ Focus Sash/Power Herb/Ghostium Z
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
- Giga Drain

Not many shell smashers, or any ghosts in this tier, so why not let this one shine? This mon works on hyper offensive structures, especially ones that can ensure that hazards will stay off, and synergizes well with Tapu Lele, due to Lele matching up well against the things that Polteageist struggles with (namely darks and blobs if shock) and that Polteageist can beat the steels Lele struggles with, while Lele's terrain not only powers up stored power, but blocks priority from annoying foes like Weavile and Mega Scizor.

:ss/tapu-lele: @ :fightinium-z:/:psychium-z:/:terrain-extender:/:twisted-spoon:

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z/Psychinium Z/Terrain Extender/Twisted Spoon
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

OR

:ss/tapu-lele: @ :choice-scarf:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock/Hidden Power Fire

Last edited:
Oops, my bad. I'll leave the post up because I don't want my unfinished typo-ridden ending to be the only evidence left on this planet that I suggested that mon to begin with though.

Anyways, since the "every submission must be on the viability rankings" rule seems to just straight up not exist anymore, I'll suggest something unique here:

:ss/polteageist: @ :focus-sash:/:ghostium-z:/:spell-tag:

Polteageist @ Focus Sash/Power Herb/Ghostium Z
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
- Giga Drain

Not many shell smashers, or any ghosts in this tier, so why not let this one shine? This mon works on hyper offensive structures, especially ones that can ensure that hazards will stay off, and synergizes well with Tapu Lele, due to Lele matching up well against the things that Polteageist struggles with (namely darks and blobs if shock) and that Polteageist can beat the steels Lele struggles with, while Lele's terrain not only powers up stored power, but blocks priority from annoying foes like Weavile and Mega Scizor.

:ss/tapu-lele: @ :fightinium-z:/:psychium-z:/:terrain-extender:/:twisted-spoon:

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z/Psychinium Z/Terrain Extender/Twisted Spoon
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

OR

:ss/tapu-lele: @ :choice-scarf:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock/Hidden Power Fire
i think they already built around cm lele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)