Tournament NatDex Monothreat Swiss Tournament (Won by Ticken)

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
NDMThreat.png

Art by RavioliQueen / Approved by the Monotype Forum Mods / Hosted by Neko and style.css
Welcome to the first Monothreat Swiss tour. This tournament will be using a Swiss format and a best of three. This means that everyone will be able to play at least six (6) games before being eliminated. Please use the National Dex Monotype format to play these matches. The threat type will be determined by the hosts at the start of each round. Since this tour is to develop the Monothreat metagame, we will require all replays to be posted in the thread!

Please refer to the NatDex Monothreat VR as the resource for this tournament!

:jirachi: What is Monothreat?
Reused from the Monotype OM Mega Thread; Monothreat is a Monotype battle where both players use the same type. Given that both players are using the same type, they can build around very specific threats and run Pokémon that counter their own type. This leads to interesting developments, seeing Pokémon and sets be used that would not likely be seen otherwise in competitive Monotype play.

:slowking-galar: SPECIFIC RULES:
  • This tournament will be done in a Swiss Format
    • Everyone will play at least 6 games before being eliminated
  • All rounds will be Best of Three.
  • The matches will be held in National Dex Monotype format.
  • Monothreat type will be determined at the start of the round.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown, which is the Main server or Smogon Tours servers. Matches played on any other server will be void and redone on one of those 2 servers.
  • To encourage the development of the metagames, all matches must have replays saved and posted in the thread so that everyone is on an even playing field. If your series is not posted in the thread, the game will be flipped regardless of whoever won.
:reuniclus: Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type.
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages

:gallade-mega: Rules and General Guidelines
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm), I will not be pleased, and I will take severe actions.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn, prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Please don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid-battle and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the player's hands who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was, without a doubt, over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened, there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Signups close at: April 21, 2022

Tournament Directory

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)