Monotype [Natdex Mono] Bug Team

Hello!
I've recently gotten into competitive pokemon, specifically natdex monotype, and want some opinions on my bug team!
Buzzwole
Screenshot_20230220-122434_Chrome.jpg

Put EVs in Atk and Speed to make sure he can do some quick damage.
Hes my revenge killer/late game sweeper.
Since he's scarfed I want to make sure he can do some decent covering for the team, so moves like EQ and Stone edge are obvious choices.

Volcarona
Screenshot_20230220-122435_Chrome.jpg

Since she's part of the main offense core I went with SpAtk and Speed EVs.
Doing plenty of damage with Fireblast and Psychic while being able to recover with Giga drain makes her a good offensive threat.
Pretty standard Volcarona by all means but if it works, it works.

Scizor
Screenshot_20230220-122436_Chrome.jpg

The other part of my main offense core!
I put EVs into Atk and Speed to make sure he hits fast and hard.
Going with a pretty standard move set, bullet punch basically always going first, etc etc.

Galvantula
Screenshot_20230220-122438_Chrome.jpg

This is a pretty frail mon, but he does his job when necessary with taking out certain threats.
EVs in SpAtk and Speed to make sure he can get some solid damage in, though hes not very fast without agility.
Bug buzz and energy ball being some decent coverage for water and grass teams, thunder as well.

Heracross
Screenshot_20230220-122439_Chrome.jpg

Hes got Evs in, you guessed it, Speed and Atk.
Swords danced and guts facade make it so he can do some mean damage real fast.
Relatively simple set of moves, knock off to hit certain threats and to clear items, close combat for coverage, the usual.

Araquanid
Screenshot_20230220-122441_Chrome.jpg

My lead mon, sets up sticky webs and if possible toxic(usally only later in a battle).
Max Evs in HP and a decent split betwen atk and speed.
Liquidation and magic coat are for mostly keeping the field in my advantage, but I'm not sure on if i should keep it the way it is.

I personally feel theres a bit too much set-up necessary to get going in battles, but I'm here for any kind of opinions and advice!​

Last edited by a moderator:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Hi Magentaism , welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)