Other Metagames Natadex ag THE SHIELDS OF SUPREMACY

P4ndaK1ng11

Banned deucer.
THE SHIELDS OF SUPREMACY

Importable: https://pokepast.es/0494573719296747
Team building process:

Hello, my name is Aquarius Ghost and this is my very first rmt, I hope you all like it. I was both confused and inspired by just how incredibly successful Lances teams had been with this team despite its gigantic weakness to Yveltal, by far the most common Pokemon in the Anything goes tier were dmax abusers such as (Yveltal, Xernas, Zygarde, Ndm, Sd arcs etc.) When I was informed by the very creator of this team himself that the method to dealing with Kyogre, and Dmax abusers involved a combination of the team's unbelievably defensive presence, and switching a specially-defensive PGroudon into a waterspout in order to weaken the move's power with Sun, before immediately switching to a Chansey on their arc ground on the second turn and then gaining defensive momentum by firing an incredibly powerful toxic and stalling with soft boiled, I was absolutely amazed. All of my experiences participating in Anything goes battles up until that point had led me to believe that every successful Anything goes team must need a solid switch-in and check to Kyogre and Yveltal and Xerneas abusers, no matter what. And upon seeing that someone was able to reach #1 on Pokemon ag ladder with 1900+ points using what appeared to be nothing more than a flimsy way of checking Mixed Yveltal, I was nothing short of completely awe-inspired by just how far sheer defensive pressure can get a team, even if it does not have a real check to what is one of the most threatening Pokémon in the entire game. And thus I was motivated to test the team for myself, and during that process, I made several tweaks and modifications to its Pokémon's moves, EVs, Natures, and most notably, I replaced Msab with mega rayquaza in order to somewhat mitigate the team's massive weakness to specs Kyogre and mixed Ygod. Arceus fairy to wall some physical attackers and to out speed max speed Yveltal and Ada -Mray. Arc fairy is also bait for Zacs and Ndm so you can get an easy predict. Although my belief in the utmost importance of a team having a solid Kyogre and dmax abusers check was still firm at that point, and I considered the possibility that the success enjoyed by my me, turned out to be one of the most successful Anything goes team I have ever known.

A closer look at the team:

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

As what is perhaps my favriote Pokémon in the Übers/ag tier, due to it being probably the most common recurring member in countless anything goes teams that I have created, and being easily one of the best and most underrated Über Pokémon in the ag metagame, that very same Pokémon has returned to serve me once again. Blessed with the Ability to defog entry hazards. Arc fairy is a great necessity to this team, considering the fact that of the other five members of the team, two of them are weak to Stealth Rock, four of them are susceptible to both Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and none them are immune to Toxic. However ,Arc fairy's set makes it too good and makes Ndm and Zac bad switch ins because they are scared of getting wisped and are all set-up bait for the extremely dangerous Extreme Killer Arceus, arc fairy is incredibly reliable at keeping entry hazards off the field due to the prevalence of some insanely bulky bad switch ins Ghost-type Pokemon in the ag metagame. like in the case of opposing Groudon leads, which can easily be KO'd or forced to switch out by mray). For example, when faced with a lead Deoxys-A, Deoxys-S or Dialga, it is much safer to simply lead with arc fairy and attack the opponent's lead with judgement on Turn 1 than to lead with a different Pokemon and predict the Stealth Rock by switching Pokemon, however if your opponent leads with Zac, Ndm, or Pdon always lead with Mray. 96+ speed on arc fairy is to out speed Yveltals and gain recover over many support arcs. This set rlly does hurt Mray and all physical attacking Pokemon.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Confide
- Heal Bell

In my opinion, Chansey is the best Special wall in the Ag metagame, being even better than any other contrary wall in the metagame. As it is this team's primary check to the dreaded Xerneas and Yveltal, Chansey relies largely on its spd to revenge-kill them with toxic because Chansey can soft boiled spam. And aside from its utility as a revenge staller, it also often finds itself as an excellent late-game saver, as its confide especially tends to clean up amazingly well after the opponent's Cm arcs or special attackers Because Chansey has no good attacking moves to use besides Stoss, it is usually chosen as a defensive wall in order to give the team a status absorbed and a staler, since relying solely Chansey to absorb all status and heal the teams status is incredibly helpful. Soft boiled on Chansey generally makes Xerneas and Arc forms much easier to deal with because you can just toxic them. And finally, although one may question is how do i deal with Mixed Yveltals well i keep swapping between Chansey and Arceus Fairy to waste their dmax then I just sack a Pokemon . From there I would toxic the Yveltal and if Chansey dies you have Arceus fairy for back up. But, due to the low Defense of Chansey it is most likely that you would die to knock off.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rest
- Stone Edge / Toxic/ Thunder wave
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Primal Groudon is this team's weather summoner, Stealth Rock user, and general support Pokemon. With its specially-defensive EV spread, this Primal Groudon can manage some incredible feats such as stopping Choice Specs Kyogre's Water Spout in the Sun, taking a hit from Arceus Ground , and living two hits from Lo Yveltal dmaxed Max darkness also stalls lugia . With its ability to summon the Sun upon entry, Primal Groudon also serves a vital role in this team's resistance against Kyogre and supportceus , as whenever Kyogre comes in against a Pokémon it can easily be threatened by Primal Groudon can be switched in to summon the Sun and easily negate a Water Spout, before immediately switched out to a support-ceus you can just predict the switch and toxic them, then pressure with earthquake, and while the opponent's Kyogre can barely scratch the Boundary Pokemon without rain, Yveltal can then give the team offensive momentum by immediately proceeding to threaten the my entire team with its devastating lo attacks. The 8 defensive EVs on Primal-Groudon allow it to tank most hits from offensive physical attackers and chip them with Earthquake after some prior damage before they can set up sd if the situation calls for it just toxic them , and also occasionally allows Groudon to trick Ho-Oh and KO it quickly with Stone Edge. Thunder Wave can be used to paralyze various Pokemon including Kyogre, Yveltal, Xerneas and Calm Mind Arceus. The ever so common Choice Scarf Kyogre, which can sometimes be paralyzed when the opponent leads with it against this primal Groudon, becomes significantly less threatening to this team once it is paralyzed, and by paralyzing or a sd arc like Ghostceus, Mray and regular arc. Rest is to stall toxic Pokemon like Lugia, it also this Pokemon serves a via-tale role as a status absorber and is usually the Pokemon you want to sack if your on a tight position.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Coil
- Rest
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail

In the presence of both Primal Groudon's Drought and chansey support, there is very little reason not to include in this team what is one of the best and most versatile Pokemon in the entire game both offensively and defensively given the aforementioned support. As I strongly believe that the strong Hyper offensive teams team that come across this bulky offenses would regularly lose. It is no wonder to my eyes that coil Zygarde, a Pokemon which completely tears teams apart, is perhaps the single deadliest offensive threat in the Anything goes meta game next to Yveltal, and therefore a strongly welcome addition to any team featuring the support that it requires to function. With almost nothing in the meta-game short of the rare Arceus Fairy that is capable of stomaching the insanely destructive assaults of Zygarde, combined with its excellent Psychical walling abilities especially, slaughter countless Pokemon including NDM, Mray, Sd Arcs and Marshadow, Pdon, its ability to set up a coil against the myriad of Pokemon that lack the offensive power to break it, and last but not least its access to a recovery move on top of a 33% recovery Ability which allows it to brutally abuse its power to the maximum potential. And it plays significant roles in THE SHIELDS OF SUPREMACY is no exception. And then of course, there is all the versatility and utility that any Zygarde provides with its ability to switch endlessly into Primal-Groudon and Ndm until it is forced to recover when it is toxic ed. It serves many other roles but at this point it seems that there is no need to go through all of that as people seem to already know about it all.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- V-create
- Dragon Ascent

As if the inclusion of a coil Zygarde in this team wasn't enough, the sheer offensive, wall-breaking power of this team is heightened to the maximum level with the inclusion of Sash MRay. Mray is able to force opposing Zygarde's without needing Arceus Fairy having to even step onto the battlefield. And with its Sash cheese it is capable of taking down 3 Pokemon your opponent had, the most specially-defensive variant of Primal Kyogre's incredibly die in two hits, Ferrothorn is a Ohko with V create, most Ho-Oh in 3 hits, and just about every other commonly-used Pokemon in Anything goes meta-game in one to three hits, Mega ray is usually capable of blasting huge holes in the opponent's team with very little prediction required. For example, Mega-Rayquaza often finds itself in a situation in which it is facing a Kyogre within Dragon ascent 2HKO range (but not within Ice Beam KO range), while the opponent has a Zygarde and an Zac within V create KO range and Zygarde with in Draco OHKO range. The offensive power that Sash Mray provides for this team is valued not just for its wall-breaking power, but also because such offensive pressure is oftentimes necessary in order to prevent the opponent's entry hazard setters from doing their job, and not allow Arceus Fairy efforts in temporarily defogging the opponent's hazards. As it usually confuses the opponent for a few turns.As Chansey, Zygarde, Primal-Groudon, Ndm are this team's only immunity to Toxic. The team can very well take on status with Chansey's status remover (Heal bell) allows this team to break any balance without being afraid of status or being pressured by status since most of the Pokemon, on this team have a way to deal with status.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Finally, we have the team's final member, a Rocky helmet Necrozma-Dusk-Mane. Being an Ndm that its defense walls a lot of the meta, it capable of moving at great speed and its main attack is a Sun-steel strike. Aside from serving as this team's main defensive user, which cleans late-game very effectively after the opponent's team has been sufficiently weakened by the rest of Pokemon on the team with the 2 devastating wall-breakers, Necrozma-dusk-mane, just like all the other members of this team, has excellent utility for both offensive and defensive purposes, which is exactly what justifies its use in this team over a ho-oh or a lugia , which is far superior as a standalone defender. Firstly, because this team's Primal-Groudon is specially-defensive rather than physically-defensive, it cannot handle a Zacians Close Combat as effectively as most other Pokemon, and will be worn down if it takes too many hits from it, which would be devastating for this team. Secondly, Ndm also pairs very well with this team's Zygarde for the purpose of dealing with Psychical set ups . Thirdly, NDM's ability to take defensive shots and KO Xerneas and fairy types as well destroy rock types. Pokemon, could prove to be very troublesome for Ndm such as Ho-Oh, offensive Zygarde, Yveltal, Primal-Groudon, Primal-Kyogre, Mray, and Arceus- Ground . Although, all these weakness to Ndm all get beaten by the rest of the team support mons . Somehow, and this is also the main reason why NDMs item is rocky-helmet, since it can chip Zacian while recovering the damage Ndm took. Rocky helmet can serve as a very good late-game saver since many set ups will be low at one point and then Ndm's rocky helmet can kill the threat at low health.

Threat list:

Lugia:
Lugia very hard to beat with this team especially, since this team does not have much offensive power to break Lugia's subs. And then it would just be in an endless battle. Although, their is only 1 solution to this problem and it is taking out all of your opponents and Pokemon then leave Lugia last then u can switch spam between Chansey and Ndm.

Arceus Ghost: This mon on webs can very well destroy this team. Mainly because Mray cant have its sash unless u defog the hazards on ur side. Mray is ur only counter to Ghostceus sadly. And mbe Zyg if u still have dmax.

Replays:
VS mitymouse
VS birds30
VS dragqueen's stall
VS Von Hoennheim stall
VS ZY bp

VS FartConsumer
VS Mango35
VS ImAbroom
VS Inoion
VS XcessiveSmash
VS Vfhk
VS Kyogre San
VS our lord Dru88
VS laopani
VS shed stall
VS KindaFreshDoe
VS EndorsiXRachel

VS I kizzle
VS dawn ez
Proof of peak: Btw this was taken 5 days ago :P

Snapchat-17384830.jpg

Btw s/o to bacon for helping me with this team. However, he never agreed with the sash mray set what haters lmfao. JK Thank you bacon

Last edited:

Geysers

But my sorrows, they learned to swim
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi there! This team seems reasonably solid, and it appears that you’ve had some decent success with it on ladder, but it’s got some issues. Notably, Sash Mega Ray is an incredibly unreliable set, due to its severe hazard weakness and its utter inability to break bulky balances. Additionally, Arceus-Fairy is a suboptimal pick in the current AG metagame owing to its weakness to Zacian-C and its inanbility to punish a metagame that revolves around cores of Pokemon that resist it, such as Ho-Oh.

Major changes

:ss/arceus-fairy: —> :ss/ho-oh:
Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Sacred Fire

Ho-Oh helps to provide your team with a defogger, while also providing a reliable defensive pivot into Yveltal. Where Ho-Oh stands out from Fairyceus, however, is in its ability to provide your team with a reliable switchin to defensive Groundceus, since Groundceus occasionally runs Earthquake to enable it to hit Chansey. Additionally, Ho-Oh provides your team with phazing, drastically easing the matchup against Lugia, as well as ensuring that you have reliable counterplay to Vivillion and Smashpas teams. Running Ho-oh does weaken your matchup against LO Rock Tomb Marshadow, but that’s such a niche set that it’s not relevant, and you have a Zygarde anywyay, which takes care of that. Ho-Oh is almost a strict upgrade over Fairyceus on this team.

:ss/rayquaza-mega: —> Mixed LO
Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
Sash Mega Rayquaza is an incredibly bad set. Aside from its ability to pull off the odd revenge kill, it’s total deadweight against any half-decent balance and is incredibly lacking in firepower. Mixed LO ray provides a straight upgrade over Sash Mega Ray, combining the ability to break Zygarde and Groudon with the firepower to prevent support Arceus formes from pivoting in freely. In addition, it adds a vital priority user to your team, enabling you to pick off weakened sweepers. Below are some calcs illustrating how much better Mixed LO ray is than Sash.

4 SpA Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Groudon-Primal: 333-394 (82.4 - 97.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock — Mixed LO ray is still capable of picking off defensive Groudon even without Surf

4 SpA Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 634-749 (99.6 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock vs. 4 SpA Rayquaza-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 488-576 (76.7 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
This calc illustrates just how much more wallbreaking power LO Ray gains over Sash. Sash is incapable of breaking through Zygarde-C, while LO OHKOs it from full, helping you to avoid chip damage or paralysis on Ray.

252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Arceus-Ground: 230-270 (51.8 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock vs. 252 Atk Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Arceus-Ground: 160-190 (36 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
Support Arc formes can freely switch in on your Sash Ray and take minimal damage and force it out, while Mixed LO Ray can easily force them out with its heavy damage output.

Minor Changes
:ss/zygarde:
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest
- Glare
Removing Dragon Tail for Glare enables Zygarde to punish potential switch-ins such as support Arceus formes with status, rather than allowing them in for free. This synergizes nicely with Mega Rayquaza’s ability to remove support Arceus formes easily. In addition, the ability to paralyze Ghostceus means that you can Coil before it has a chance to move, allowing you to beat it easily.

New threatlist

:ss/zygarde:
Neither Lugia nor Ghostceus is an issue anymore. In fact, the only significant weakness of your team is Substitute + Dragon Dance Zygarde, which your team now struggles to check. It can still be managed, however, by aggressively switching in Mega Ray every time you predict it to come in. Additionally, it can be rapidly whittled down by Dynamaxing Necrozma-DM, amd potentially knocking it into Espeed range from Mega Ray.

I hope this rate helps you to greater ladder success, and good luck in your future AG endeavours.

Click the sprites for an importable!
:rayquaza-mega::chansey::ho-oh::groudon-primal::zygarde::necrozma-dusk-mane:

P4ndaK1ng11

Banned deucer.
...how so? I’d greatly appreciate it if instead of just saying that I ruined your team, that you explained HOW THE FUCK I made it worse by removing an unviable set.
Hello, Geyser if you want to peacefully talk about the team and share your thoughts, please pm on showdown. Thank you for your time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)