Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Flamethrower
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

This Chi-Yu set is for wallbreaking. Choice Specs with Modest Nature is to maximize damage output. 252 SpA is to quite literally maximize Chi-Yu's SpA. I want to maximize Chi-Yu's SpA so it can do as much damage as possible to any pokemon that might switch in on any one of its moves. 252 Spe is to try and out speed anything that could possibly be slower than Chi-Yu like Anilihape. Overheat is to punish anything that comes in on a forced switch, flamethrower is for when I want a KO without a Sp Atk drop or a chance of missing. Fire blast is when the opponent is out of flamethrower range but probably within fire blast range and again this is to get a KO without a Sp Atk drop. Tera Fire is to boost any fire type attacks that I might use for example in sun Tera Overheat OHKO's Pex with chip damage. Overall Chi-Yu has been helpful but it has trouble getting in without sacking another mon

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Facade

Mega-Mence is here as a offensive defogger. I kept intimidate over Moxie because I wanted the attack drop to make so if Mence was switching in a physical attacker they would take less damage. I have 252 Atk EV's to maximize damage output with a jolly nature. I have 252 Spe EV's to make sure I also out speed any Mega-Lucario that might happen to appear. Defog is for clearing any hazards on our side of the field to make my pokemon can continue to switch in safely without taking damage. Double-Edge is to do big damage to a pokemon who doesn't resist flying type moves because Aerilate turns into STAB and boosts it's power. Roost is to increase Mega-Mence's time battling just in case they are being worn down by entry hazards poison Etc. Facade is to capitalize on any status condition other than paralysis and sleep to punish the likes of defensive support groudon who tends to use toxic. Overall Mega-Mence is a good offensive Defogger so far but the lack of coverage bothers me and I would like to run a more offensive set without sacrificing the ability to defog or clear entry hazards. Is there a good pokemon that take over the hazard clearing for salamence that would fit on this team?

Koraidon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Jolly Nature
- Collision Course
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

Koraidon is a choice scarf user that I tend to use for revenge killing. Choice Scarf is to increase it's speed so it out speeds the entire unboosted game. Tera fire is for when I need it, to resist any Fairy-Type attacks that might come my and strike back with a very strong Flare Blitz. 252 Atk is maximize Koraidon's attack stat with a jolly nature. 252 Spe is to out speed the entire un-boosted game which definitely helps in revenge killing especially since Koraidon can take a priority attack really well. Collision Course is to do huge damage to anything that it might be super-effective against without lowering my defenses and also do do a good amount damage to pokemon that don't resist fighting. Dragon Claw is to KO other dragon types that might happen to KO a pokemon of mine and revenge kill them. U-turn is to pivot into another pokemon but unfortunately it's not a slow U-turn so the pokemon coming in does risk taking damage. Flare Blitz is to destroy anything while in the sun that might be weak to fire and to do big damage to fairy types that might switch in. Overall Koraidon is great but I don't get very many opportunity's to use Dragon Claw or U-turn and Koraidon cannot and would not switch in after a KO on Zacian

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Moonlight

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane is a bulky booster that is used early game to punch a hole in the opponents team I could run DD over SD but I prefer SD. Tera fairy is to resist any dark type moves that may come Necrozma-DM's way when I absolutely need to terastilaze but otherwise I don't use it. 136 HP is to maintain some of the bulk that Necrozma-DM has and take some hits. 252 Atk with adamant nature is to maximize damage out put. 120 Spe is out speed any Calyrex-I. Iron head has more reliable PP than Photon Geyser or Sunsteel Strike but doesn't KO as often as either. Knock off is to cripple any defensive pokemon that we may come up against like a defensive Necrozma-DM that may switch in. Swords Dance is to boos the attack stat to very high levels and increase the overall threat level of Necrozma-DM. Moonlight is to make sure Necrozma-Dm stays alive for a longer amount of time than without Moonlight. Overall this set doesn't do much in game other than take a hit, then proceed to knock the item of a pokemon that switches in. Don't get me wrong that is very helpful but I want it to do more

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 24 SpD / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Arceus-Water is a support form to spread toxic amoung pokemon that haven't been poisoned, it also plays a small role has a fire type revenge killer.
The splash Plate is to make Judgment STAB so it can pick off M-Lucario and others weak to water. Tera Grass is to resist any Grass or Electric type moves that might come at Arceus in a desperate situation. 252 Hp EV's is to maximize the HP stat, 40 Def being the leftover EV's are to increase Arceus's overall bulk. 24 SpD is to survive 2 full powered eruptions from Primal-Groudon hence this makes the matchup fr better than it would've been. 192 Spe EV's with Timid nature is to pick off M-Lucario with a judgment before Arceus gets OHKOed by a +2 Close Combat. Judgment is for the STAB water type attack that will OHKO or do big damage to anything weak to water while outside of sun. Ice Beam is to KO any Zygarde's or offensice M-Salamence's as well as Rayquaza. Recover is to increase the longevity of Arceus while enabling it to consistently take hits from pokemon that it switches in on. Toxic is put a timer on any pokemon that isn't immune to toxic, the biggest example being Primal Groudon. Primal Groudon does not like any status condition at all. Overall Arceus-Water is a good support pokemon I just hate how often it gets used as setup fodder by Necrozma-DM and Zacian. Is there any pokemon that can KO Necrozma-DM at +1 speed and out speed Zacian as well as KO it?

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 136 HP / 168 Atk / 52 SpD / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb

The Red Orb is to enable the best pokemon in Gen 9 Nat Dex Ubers (Or at least that's what this link says; https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/national-dex-ubers). The EV's in Hp, SpD make sure that Groudon will survive a +2 Focus blast from Xerneas and +1 Double-Edge from Adamant M-Mence. The 152 Spe EV's make sure that Primal Groudon out speeds Necrozma-DM. Adamant nature and 168 Atk is to increase damage output while keeping the same survivability. Stealth Rock to set up an entry hazard and provide easier KO's for teamates. Swords Dance is to boost Primal Groudon's attack stat to super high levels and increase it's threat level. Precipice Blades for super powerful ground STAB as well as OHKOing some Arceus support formes at +2. Rock tomb is to slow down some Arceus formes and put them in range of a Precipice Blades KO and to hit any flying types that switch in to remove rocks such as Ho-oh. Overall Groudon has been helpful but I wish I had another rocks setter so I could run something else over Rocks on Primal Groudon

Overall this team tends to struggle with the likes of Marshadow, Primal Kyogre, Xtreme Killer Arceus and Zacian and just priority users in general. This team is also really bad at getting in Chi-Yu or other frailer mons in safely because we don't have a slow pivot, is there any good slow pivot mon in Nat Dex Ubers? Overall I did reach a good rank on the ladder close to being top 500 about 3 wins away, but fell off soon after due to a loss streak. The reason why I think that happened is because we started seeing a lot more of the pokemon we struggled with and dropped back down.

(P.S Sorry if I didn't provide enough information I mostly need advice on what pokemon would be better for a Chi-Yu centered team)

Last edited:
I did fix this. This is the second version of this paper before it was not following the rules so if someone can rate it please rate it :)

This is a great team. However, the flaws are evident. I think that having 3 Fire stab on Chi-Yu is extremely niche and hard to use. As you said, you struggle with getting your mons in safely, so might I recommend a screen setter like Grimmsnarl. For the hyper offensive play style you seem to be going for I would recommend a Grimmsnarl into Cyclizar combo that utilizes screens, rapid spin, and shed tail to get a sweeper/breaker in safely. By doing this you can turn salamence into a more formidable offensive presence. Something like this:
Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Double-Edge
- Roost/Earthquake
- Fire Fang
This allows you to take advantage of your typing and coverage to go for the ko on mons that would otherwise wall you. Fire Fang is great coverage for ice types, and Draco Meteor provides a way to nuke opposing mons without devastating your main attacking stat. Roost and Eq are up to you, as one is a strong coverage move and the other is a way to stay in the fight longer. Double edge is yours strongest Flying stab thanks to aerialate. However if you would like to get rid of salamence, here's another option:
Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return/Double Edge/Facade
- Earthquake
- Roost
This provides a way to stop weather teams in their tracks whilst still gaining a powerful setup sweeper. Ddance is self explanatory, and Return can be used over Double Edge to not take recoil. Facade serves the same purpose, because it often is the victim of annoying status ailments. Eq is good coverage, and roost rounds this set out with recovery.
On Groudon I would go for a Rock Polish Sweeper Set:
Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw/Dragon Tai
This set provides mixed bulk along with incredible attack. Rock Polish to set up, Precipice balded and fire punch for stab, and the final Dragon move can be either one depending on whether you want utility or raw power.
Finally, here's what I would do to Chi-Yu:
Chi-Yu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beads of Ruin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Memento

Here's an updated paste with all of my changes:
[https://pokepast.es/eca118536433342c
Great team! Glad to have helped! (I hope I have.)

Last edited:
Thank You so much! I might have teams in the future for example I built this electric terrain uber team which so far is doing pretty well which might eed rating. But thanj you I really appreciate the help!

Edit: And btw the pokepaste does something weird it doesn't show a team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)