SS OU Nameless Kiss (Dual screens heavy offense)

togedeath.png

Nameless Kiss
|
|
|
|
|

Introduction

After testing a bunch of stall cores, I noticed it was pretty tough to wall a Dynamax Pokémon. Stuff build around for dyna like Gyarados or Durant, or any hard hitter that decided to go big like Excadrill. Even non giant stuff like Nasty Plot Hydreigon, Galar Darmanitan, Eiscue...scary.
Perhaps I should do the same, and try some offense of my own...I thought.
And after lots of testing, it "clicked".
It's offense on it's purest, simplest form using every turn to pressure the opponent.

The Team

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 120 Def / 132 SpD
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spirit Break

Prankster Taunt and Dual Screens, a very solid typing, and enough bulk to hit 430 def or spdef after the screen. And
Taunt is to prevent rocks from Excadrill, Ferrothorn, etc. To stop Corviknight from whatever broken stuff it wants to do, to prevent status, and any other move that can mess up our setup.
Reflect halves damage against Galar Darmanitan and others, Light screen makes special Aegislash chill...you know how it works.
Spirit Break is the mandatory damage move in case it's needed for some reason late game, but Grimmsnarl's job is not attacking.
It doesn't need to survive, nor does it always need to set up both screens.
All it needs to do is adapt to the situation so Togekiss can have the best scenario possible.
(It's also amazing that a Pokémon with this kind of moveset cannot be taunted by Ditto when copied,
because if the Ditto Grimmsnarl tries to Taunt you, Dark types are immune to Prankster moves. Praise the Sun!)

Togekiss @ Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Morning Sun
- Aura Sphere

The star of the team. With one or two screens up, and maybe even a taunted support mon, it's ready to Nasty Plot to take it's SpAtk to insane levels.
But you know it doesn't stop there. You then click the Dynamax button and use a 130 Max Airstream that boosts your Speed +1.
One speed boost is good enough sometimes, but for stuff like Scarf Galar Darmanitan you need two. Don't worry, your bulk easily allows you to get two for most cases. Then watch how your +2 Max Moves 2HKO Toxapex, Ferrothorn, even Rotom-W. Even Corsola!
After the dyna is over, Togekiss is not. A super fast, super strong 60% chance flinch is coming if you have the bulk to survive, thanks to Serene Grace.
Aura Sphere is better used against Tyranitar, better as Max Knuckle.
Morning Sun provides extra life to remember your opponent only strong hitters can take this thing down, and to stop being passive.
Lum Berry heals a status one time. One time that can be good enough to start sweeping.

Barraskewda @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Liquidation
- Psychic Fangs
- Aqua Jet

If your opponent lost 2-3 Pokémon, took kiss down and hasn't clicked the forfeit button yet, there's more fun.
In fact, I have lost Togekiss against Ditto or other stuff, yet pulled the win thanks to it's four aggresive teammates.
Barraskewda has all the power and flexibility I could want on a physical attacker.
379 Atk and 371 Speed plus life orb is absurd, and thanks to this gen not having lots of Pokémon, usually only scarfs and Dragapult outspeed it.
The moves speak for themselves, gotta say how amazing is to have an option to punish Toxapex tho with Psychic Fangs.
Aqua Jet is very important, as there's another Aqua Jet user on the team, and both can take out a weakened +2 Spd +2 Atk Gyarados if it activates rain with it's Max Geyser.
It doesn't need to be that specific: Just having two super strong aqua jets makes me feel safe.

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Thanks to my friend Lanabelle I discovered how obscene this thing is in terms of raw power.
Adaptability+Choice Band makes the water moves and Knock Off insanely strong, boasting 558 Atk and x2 STAB moves instead of x1.5.
If Togekiss ends up fainting against a slow mon like a weakened Hatterene, Toxapex, maybe even Corviknight.
I just send this crab boi and Knock Off either finishes it off or deals massive damage to the switch in, if not OHKOing it.
Aqua Jet helps a lot on the late game, cleaning weakened teams together with the other offensive guys.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Modest Specs Hydreigon, because if you run a wall breaker you have to give it your all.
It's speed is good enough to be above walls and a good bunch of non scarfed things.
Dark Pulse cleans a late game enemy team that doesn't resist it, and has that sweet flinch bonus.
Draco Meteor is your basic super strong Dragon move, I don't use it that much with all the fairies but it is needed.
Flash Cannon can finish off a weakened Hatterene, or prepare it for the aqua jetters. Or another fairy, but man Hatterene is annoying.
Fire Blast for Ferro (though a weakened one can be taken down with a couple dark pulses), and to remember Corviknight there's limits. And for non scarfed Excadrill.
Good to have a mon that doesn't care about hazards also, only a basic stealth rock damage.

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

If Hydreigon is absurd power, Dragapult is absurd speed.
Most people don't run scarf because it already has a 142 base speed (421 on level 100...yikes!). Band, Specs, or DD are more common.
But I want something I can rely on, like I said, to clean weakened teams on the late game.
Modest Scarf gives you 574 Speed and 328 SpAtk, enough to outspeed +2 Gyara, most scarf mons, non scarf Dragapults, and even scarf Ditto will have to face a speed tie.
Draco Meteor is the much needed super strong Dragon move. Flamethrower cleans a team with Ferro and/or weakened corviknight, thunderbolt can also do the latter if the rest of the enemy team doesn't resist electric. Shadow Ball is great against Dragapult and can also clean.
And I gotta add, Infiltrator is wonderful against substitute Aegislash that doesn't have Shadow Sneak.

kiss.png

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Barraskewda @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Liquidation
- Psychic Fangs
- Aqua Jet

Togekiss @ Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Morning Sun
- Aura Sphere

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 120 Def / 132 SpD
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spirit Break

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1016682776-w6cxin20zpkwxed9ratmbe0119b3ednpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1016701692
Conclusion
Right now I am at 1400+ and I don't know if I will be able to continue getting higher, but I love this team.
It is dumb, simple, and a lot of fun. But of course, I'm open to advice to make it better.
You can find me on showdown as "sobbles_evo_SUCKS".
Happy gen 8 testing ashen ones.

Last edited:
Nice team, pretty unique. If you're looking for raw power, I would replace Crawdaunt with Galar Darmanitan, it gains an extra boost with Gorilla Tactics with Choice Band is a beast. Lum Berry Togekiss is good but Leftovers and Heavy Duty Boosts are also good options as Togekiss can recover or take no damage from Stealth Rocks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)