National Dex Naganadel + Hazard Spam Balance in National Dex Ubers

:ss/naganadel: :ss/deoxys-speed: :sm/groudon-primal::ss/xerneas: :ss/smeargle: :ss/melmetal:

Overview:
This team is a balance team, and revolves around controlling the hazards on the field and finding opportunities to bring in our sweepers to decimate the opponents. :Naganadel: is the basis of which I built this team, and it serves as an efficient revenge killer and late game cleaner. :Deoxys-Speed:,and :Smeargle: provides hazard control with Sticky Web + Stealth Rock + Spikes, which is appreciated throughout the team. :Melmetal: and :naganadel:serves as a powerful mid-game and early wallbreaker, with :Xerneas: and :groudon-primal: being powerful endgame options.

Team Breakdown:

:ss/naganadel:
Naganadel @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Sludge Wave
-Nasty Plot
-Fire Blast

Naganadel is the star of this team, and is my favorite Ultra Beast. Draco Meteor serves as Naganael's strongest STAB move, and gives it an almost guaranteed OHKO move at +2. Sludge Wave serves as a secondary STAB move, which also gets extremely powerful at +2 SpA. Nasty Plot allows Nagandel to become a dangerous sweeper, with the ability to boost its Speed or Special Attack after getting a KO. Fire Blast gives it the ability to brute force its way through Steel type that resists its STABs. All these attacks are further boosted by Naganadel's Life Orb. The EVs are meant to allow it to boost its Speed or Special Attack when it gets a stat boost from Beast Boost.

:ss/deoxys-speed:
Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Psycho Shift

Deoxys-Speed is our main lead and hazard setter, and it does its job well. Stealth Rock + Spikes provide double hazards, which Deoxys is almost always able to get on the field, thanks to its :focus-sash:. Taunt provides our own way of stopping hazards from coming on our side of the field, and preventing any Defoggers. Psycho Boost provides Deoxys-Speed with a way to deal damage, so that it cannot be hindered by Taunt. The EVs prioritize bulk and speed, so that Deoxys can get multiple hazards on the field. Tera Psychic allows Deoxys to get further damage out of Psycho Shift. As we all know, Deoxys-Speed does what Deoxys-Speed does, and this should be self-explanatory(but I put the explanation here, just in case).

:sm/groudon-primal:
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Precipice Blades
-Rock Polish
-Stone Edge

Ho-Oh used to be in this slot, but after some feedback from arbiter1337, I replaced it with Primal Groudon. Primal Groudon serves as a counter to many meta pokemon in the tier, including Zacian, Kyogre, and itself. This moveset is referred to as Double Dance. Swords Dance, of course, is the first "dance" move and is used to boost Primal Groudon's Attack. Precipice Blades is Groudon's STAB move, and can OHKO almost everything in the tier when Groudon's at +2 attack. Rock Polish is the second "dance move", and is used to boost Groudon's speed. Finally, Stone Edge is used for additional coverage, mainly used against Ho-Oh, Mega Salamence, Rayquaza, Yveltal, and both Kyurem forms. The moveset is mainly for allowing Groudon to safely use both boosting moves, so that it can sweep. It can be used at any point in the game.

:ss/xerneas:
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Geomancy
-Moonblast
-Substitute
-Hidden Power(Ground)

Xerneas is a powerful set-up sweeper, and it fills a role that I was looking for while building this team: another endgame option. Xerneas has the ability to set up with its signature move, Geomancy, which is completed in one-turn, thanks to Xerneas's :power-herb:. Moonblast provides Xerneas with a strong STAB move, which is powered up by Fairy Aura to give Xerneas a 119 base power STAB. Substitute allows Xerneas to take advantage of easier matchups, and can use this move to read an attack or a switch, and gives Xerneas the opportunity to set up. Hidden Power Ground allows Xerneas to hit pokemon like Zacian or Primal Groudon with a super-effective Ground move, which becomes STAB after Tera Ground. The EV spread is built for maximum offense, so it can get KOs easier.

:ss/smeargle:
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Spore
-Sticky Web
-Rapid Spin
-U-turn

Smeargle provides a unique niche in the form of its ability to learn any move, thanks to Sketch. This makes it an excellent support pokemon and a very versatile partner. This Smeargle is built specifically for hazard support. Spore allows Smeargle to put the opponent asleep, so that it can either pivot out safely or set up hazards the following turn. The hazard in question is Sticky Web, which allows certain teammates to take advantage of the slower speed of the opponents. Rapid Spin is Smeargle's way of removing hazards which, unlike Defog, doesn't remove the hazards that we have set up. It also gives Smeargle a STAB move, though it is not very powerful.The final part of this moveset is U-Turn. This allows Smeargle to pivot into one of its teammates, which should hopefully counter the opponent's current pokemon. The EV spread is centered around bulk and speed, so Smeargle can get in, do its job without fainting, and get out.

:ss/melmetal:
Melmetal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Double Iron Bash
-Earthquake
-Darkest Lariat
-Ice Punch

Finally, we have Melmetal, another personal favorite of mine. Melmetal is a powerful physical attacker, with incredible physical bulk. And, of course, on almost any Melmetal moveset, this one contains its signature move: Double Iron Bash. Double Iron Bash serves as Melmetal's main STAB move, and serves as a counter to any Fairy pokemon. The move is immensely powerful, and is further boosted by Iron Fist, which boosts all punching moves(like Double Iron Bash). Earthquake serves as a powerful coverage move, which hits Groudon Primal, Zacian, and Eterantus. Darkest Lariat gives Melmetal the ability to hit Mewtwo Y, Lunala, and both Necrozma. Finally, Ice Punch hits Dragon types hard, especially since it is boosted by Iron Fist. This set maximizes Melmetal's coverage as much as possible, and the EVs are focused around buffing its horrendous base 65 SpD as much as possible, along with max Attack EVs for max damage. It originally had :choice-band:, but I changed it to :assault-vest: after a couple matches.

Conclusion
Most of my RMTs have gone relatively unnoticed, and the reason I post these is to get pokemon noticed(and to get feedback). I really desire feedback on this team, as it still has kinks to work out(like Melmetal being our only ground counter, despite it being weak to the ground type). Do not hesitate to criticize this team, but please try using it before you start criticizing it.

Link to Pokepaste

Last edited:
:smeargle: cannot do its job without fainting dawg it is going to DIE
Firstly, That is why :smeargle: has the FOCUS SASH.
Okay but this is :kyogre-primal: and :groudon-primal: The Tier: The Experience
what switches into :kyogre-primal: origin pulse or idk :necrozma-ultra:
Secondly,
Melmetal:
252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 244 SpD Assault Vest Melmetal in Heavy Rain: 358-423 (87.1 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Nagandel:
252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Origin Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Naganadel in Heavy Rain: 245-288 (85.3 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Naganadel Draco Meteor over 2 turns vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 416-492 (121.9 - 144.2%) -- guaranteed KO in 2 turns

Finally, you are meant to give feedback. If I do have nothing that switches into Kyogre-Primal, what should I change with my team?

Firstly, That is why :smeargle: has the FOCUS SASH.

Secondly,
Melmetal:
252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 244 SpD Assault Vest Melmetal in Heavy Rain: 358-423 (87.1 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Nagandel:
252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Origin Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Naganadel in Heavy Rain: 245-288 (85.3 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Naganadel Draco Meteor over 2 turns vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 416-492 (121.9 - 144.2%) -- guaranteed KO in 2 turns

Finally, you are meant to give feedback. If I do have nothing that switches into Kyogre-Primal, what should I change with my team?
:chansey: and spdef :ferrothorn: can reliably switch into :kyogre-primal: but against other shit they're kinda setup fodder
:kyogre-primal: is literally unwallable, you have to predict right and play around it, the only real gameplan is to kill it before it kills you

How about this:

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Precipice Blades
-Thunder Punch
-Heat Crash
thunder punch hits nothing that peeblades doesn't already kill
use swords dance and rock polish to replace thunder punch
swords dance on stall teams and rock polish against offence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)