Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

Toxapex's role is just the normal role of a toxapex but it's one of the core members. It's great at stopping pkmn set up, especially when clefable would have a hard time with them. It has toxic instead of toxic spikes to sableye can get his burn off on the physical attackers while all the special ones get toxic.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Natural cure allows chansey to easily fight pkmn that give status effects without needing heal bell to get rid of it.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain/power whip
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Bomb

Tangrowth is super tanky with assault vest + giga drain or can pack more of a punch if I change to power whip, it has good coverage and regenerate allows for lots of swapping around especially with toxapex

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Another of the core members, celesteela deals with many of the threats that ripped through old stall teams that I've made and can self sustain nicely with protect, leech seed and leftovers

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off

The last core member, he is a major pivot of lots of my games, prankster + willowisp deals with physical attackers while mega evolving deals with special attackers + entry hazards

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Unaware deals with pokemon that set up against the team, it also is able to heal up members with wish and heal bell.

My team's main weakness is lots of high SpD steel-grass types, the high SpD stop celesteela and the grass prevents leech seed. The team can also be countered by set up pokemon that set up too quickly for toxapex and counter clefable.

I wanted to try to run a skarmoury on the team as well for more entry hazards + hazard removal but I don't know how to incorporate one and who else would need to change to support him.

Yeah, standard but effective stall. HP fire on tangrowth might help vs kartana, scizor and ferrothorn as giga drain does fair damage to lando, chomp and gliscor.

Nothing really. You cannot cover every single mon in one team. As for charizard, try to keep rocks up and toxic it. If you still having problem with it, use physically defensive unaware pyukumuku over one of your team members.
Might have to try a pyukumuku then, I often have problems with steel/poison with setup

Nothing really. You cannot cover every single mon in one team. As for charizard, try to keep rocks up and toxic it. If you still having problem with it, use physically defensive unaware pyukumuku over one of your team members.
does he have a clefable or not

Whereas a Pyukumuku needs 8 Earthquakes 5 Flare Blitz (thanks As3Rg6 !) to take down, and it can heal:

252 Atk Charizard Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pyukumuku: 49-58 (15.6 - 18.4%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pyukumuku: 76-90 (24.2 - 28.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Which members would we good ideas to swap pyukumuku for? I was looking into pyukumuku and it seems like a great pkmn to add

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)