My somewhat failed attempts at mimicing Bob Ross on Corel

RicepigeonKKM

Wait, who?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Actually these were projects for a class on Corel Painter. Seeing as the semester was over, why let them go to waste? And considering that I never got a drawing tablet and had to use a mouse, I feel kinda disappointed that these didn't come out as good as I wanted, but I'll let you guys judge...

The 1st assignment: do whatever the hell you wanted to get used to the program.

The 2nd assignment: Some random still life I had to do in Charcoals

The 3rd assignment: A portrait in oils. I chose Thomas Jefferson for the hell of it, since it was due before Election Day anyway

The 4th assignment: The midterm, which was to create a mosaic from an existing image. I went with Kefka because Kefka is Kefka and Kefka is your god.

The 5th assignment: A landscape in pastels. Originally it was just snow and looked bland, so I added the penguins for flavor.

The final assignment: Same as the first. I recycled the penguin from the last one, and decided as a joke to toss him in hell, along with Lincoln since I was too lazy to paint Bush's face. You can see the Touhou reference there, god knows if the professor caught it or not, and just to fit the mood, based the text on the layout of Dante's 9 layers of hell from the Divine Comedy. Most of the effort went into Satan (no I'm not a satanist mind you), and I'm somewhat pleased. It looked way too bright, so I added in the burnt-in pentagram with the initials of each of the four in there as a parody of the symbol of the Church of Satan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)