Arbok @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 96 HP / 116 Atk / 144 Def / 152 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Fang

I chose Arbok to be on my VGC Team due to Xerneas running rampant through VGC at the time. While the EVs don't guarantee an OHKO on Xern, it still does a decent bit. Fire Fang is on here for Kart and other steel types I can't touch with Gunk Shot. While some might make an argument for Earthquake to be on here, it just doesn't hit super effective on Ferrothorn or Kartana. That is why I chose Fire Fang over Earthquake, plus I just don't want to have any unnecessary damage on my "partner" Pokemon that could help the opposing trainer knock it out. Sucker Punch is there to chip Kyogre a bit before it can shoot off a Water Spout. Gunk Shot, being the main STAB move for Arbok puts it a bit at risk due to Gunk Shot not being 100% accurate. That's why I got Coil. Coil helps by boosting not only Attack and Defense, but accuracy as well. If I can get at least +2 with Coil, Arbok can hit Gunk Shot off a bit safer.

Incineroar (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 148 Atk / 252 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Fake Out
- Darkest Lariat

I picked Incineroar to be on my team because of the dark typing, plus it's another intimidator I can cycle into. Since Incineroar is Fire, fairies aren't super effective against it. Plus, I can't switch into Incineroar to eat up the Psychic moves that is aimed towards Arbok. Plus Fake Out pressure is good to have. Darkest Lariat is on here to hit through defense boosts if people should boost themselves. Flare Blitz is just here for STAB. Drain Punch is here to help recover the health that Incineroar loses from Flare Blitz.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Tapu Lele is on the team strictly to help Xern set up. With Psychic Terrain blocking the priority moves, I have to carefully and methodically choose who I bring in so I don't hurt myself of not being able to Fake Out and Sucker Punch. Psychic, Moonblast, and Shadow Ball are pretty common moves for Lele, but I havent seen many running Grass Knot, so I decided to use it since Groudon and Kyogre, but mainly Kyogre is everywhere.

Lunala @ Lunalium Z
Ability: Shadow Shield
Level: 50
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Psyshock
- Moongeist Beam
- Moonblast

Lunala is on the team because of Shadow Shield and also being a Tailwind Setter as well as the Z Crystal user. Shadow Shield guarantees it can survive a Water Spout from Kyogre and hit back with something or set up a tailwind to help the team. I'm running Moonblast because of Yveltal and other dark type threats, not Incineroar since Fairy isn't Super Effective against it.

Kartana @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Protect
- Smart Strike

Kartana is on the Team to help deal with Kyogre, Groudon, and possibly Xerneas if it shows itself again. The focus sash allows it to survive a Water Spout from Kyogre and possibly knock it out with Leaf Blade. Smart Strike is yet another option for STAB for Kart even though it isn't enough to OHKO Xerneas, it still does a decent bit. I'm not running Knock Off due to limited move space. Protect is on here to stall out a Fake Out if need be to keep the Sash intact.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam

Xerneas is on the Team to help against Dark Types to help Lunala's glaring weakness to it. Set up the Geomancy and hope for the best. I have Focus Blast on here to help against steel types, while it is a low chance of hitting, I would still like to keep something to hit them since Xerneas does not have Hidden Power Fire.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)