Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
I don't think I need to explain why Mienfoo is here, though I will explain why it has scarf. Though extra bulk from eviolite is nice, I really feel like scarf helps a ton with some unsuspecting opponents while facing against mons like Natu or Ponyta to get rid of the problem immediately. Knock Off and U-turn also helps when I need to pick a low-risk decent damaging move.

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Thunder Punch
Timburr's supposed to take a bulkier fighting type approach with Drain Punch and Eviolite. Knock Off for possible Natu switch-ins while Mach punch is used for revenge kills. Thunder Punch is for both coverage and to abuse Iron fist boost.

Pawniard @ Berry Juice
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock
Pawniard is supposed to check special attackers in the meta on top of setting up stealth rocks. My plan is to use Stealth Rock in relatively safe turns while stab Knock Off helping a ton, punishing switch-ins. Sucker Punch for when it's a safe bet that we're going to get attack that turn. Stab Iron Head with a 30% chance to flinch is also really useful.

Abra @ Shed Shell
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 36 Atk / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
I really like this one. We have Solid stab Psychic and Shadow Ball for coverage. But the real treat is Substitute/Focus Punch. We use Substitute for unsuspecting opponents in safe turns, possibly against switch-ins (mainly Porygon and Pawniard), and punish them with Focus Punch. Magic Guard is also handy with hazards.

Koffing @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 Def / 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 156 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast
- Pain Split
Koffings is used to check Mienfoo with its bulk and Will-o-wisp. With Fire Blast and stab Sludge Wave Koffing is both a good tank and a dangerous mon to switch into. Levitate's also a non-meta ability to catch Arena Trappers off guard as well.

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 156 Def / 116 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Recover

Staryu checks Ponyta very well on top of being a great special attacker. We have Thunderbolt and Psychic for coverage while also a stab Hydro Pump for good neutral damage. We also got Eviolite and Recover for extra survivability.

As you might have guessed, I borrowed the sets from Smogon analysis and made some tweaks in some areas. This is because I'm very new to LC. I'm mostly content with this team, though I always feel like it could be better. With LC Open around the corner, I'm looking forward to building the best team that I can come up with.

1. Give mienfoo regenerator, way more useful than reckless.
2. You dont need 2 fighting types on the team, replace timburr with something that gives more coverage like grookey or something.

HJK + CC is redundant on mienfoo... also make it regen gives it some defensive potential for one strong hit such as an opposing mienfoo

- Koffing can be worn down so you should put the 236 sp. def on phys. def on timburr as Koffing's lack of reliable recovery leaves it vulnerable to being worn down throughout a match by Stealth Rock damage and repeatedly switching into foes such as Mienfoo and Grookey

Hi Condla

Good job on making ur first lc team, I think u did a good job overall, u seem to have grasped most of the basic element. Fight spam in itself is actually quite controversial at the moment, tho I for one quite like, as such ill give u the routes of how I would fix it.

In any case, you can either start with double fight, as you did, or you could go the generally preferred route of going pivot foo+ grookey, which achieves basically the same thing as wearing down each others check, while also having more utility overall ( mostly because the normal foo is just so good lol)

Next thing up on the list is switching against opposing koffing, with sludge bomb/fire blast/tbolt makes it very hard to switch around, and especially when using 2 pokemon that invites it in u should def be ready to pivot around it, as such I would recommend a ground type, in this case in particular I would prob roll with an eviolite diglett, since abra also gives u significant issues, especially u keep double fight. I would most definitly put it above ur abra, since it doesnt add any defensive utility and it doesnt have really good synergy with fight spam imo. Alternatively, you could also use a balloon ditto for the ground immunity ( if you are not using grookey)

As for the other three, I believe they are fine honestly, tho I have no clue why ur pawniard is inner focus lol (it should be defiant) and why ur koff is levitate ( it should be gas). I also dont rate will highly and I think tbolt suits the pace of ur team much better.

As for the staryu I think its a good pick, as It handles natu fairly well, as well ponyta like you said. However, if you opt for grookey+ evio foo, I would definitely use a natu here, as you would definitly want some help pivoting around ferro much more ( natu is also just very good in general lol)

Not sure If this is typically how rmt's are done on smogon since I usually rate on discord,

speaking of which message me on cord (Papillon#5747) for any follow ups u may have

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)