My first team! Gen 8 Ubers

The idea was to just try different builds on different pokemon, trying to make some what a decent build...

Dialga @ Adamant Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 128 Def / 252 SpA / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Dialga's my favorite pokemon, and I tried to make a good offensive starter. Stealth rock turn one, Draco meteor/Flash cannon to deal damage, and Roar as a way to force bad matchups to leave.

Drednaw @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Substitute
- Liquidation
- Rock Slide

I was trying to make a super physical tank, so Iron Defense and Substitute are to help set up to soak up defense. Substitute to me is so cool, and I use it three other times just because I see a good benefit from it.

Hatterene (F) @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Anticipation
EVs: 48 Def / 252 SpA / 208 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psybeam
- Dazzling Gleam
- Substitute

Substitute, calm mind over and over, refresh substitute, then attack while either calm mind'ing or refreshing the substitute as needed. 'Nuff said.

Cinderace @ Charcoal
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Blaze Kick
- Agility
- Substitute

Another substitute. Honestly might change it. The goal was to just play the pokemon to its strengths. Speed and Attack are high up, and I used the last EVs for HP as that's always good.

Virizion @ Rose Incense
Ability: Justified
EVs: 216 HP / 38 Atk / 38 SpA / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Giga Drain
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Substitute

I needed a grass type... Made a utility pokemon so that I could make my tanks even tankier! Substitute there as well because if I can't swap well, might as well set up a little pillow fort!

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Originally wanted Bright Powder... oh well! I wanted a physical tank/offense that could survive a few hits.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
All these Pokemon are pretty unviable (even Dialga, because it’s mostly a worse Dusk Mane Necrozma.) Ubers is a tier dominated by behemoths like Kyogre and Yveltal, and Pokemon like Escavalier simply cannot compare. Use the viability rankings to see what’s good in the tier. If you don’t want to fill your team with legendaries, try a lower tier like OU, where box art legendaries and other OP Pokemon are banned.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)