My First RBY UU Team!

Hey Smogon! I'm new here, so expect me to make a mistake of one kind or another in this post, but here is my first Rate my Team post. I'm really not sure if its real great or not, but here it is! And by the way, I used all Smogon sets, but I'm in the process of tweaking my teams moves depending on how my battles turn out.

Venemoth

~Psychic
~Mega Drain
~Sleep Powder
~Stun Spore

So far so good with Venemoth. I've played quite a bit with him, and as long as I'm playing UU, he's doing really great. I'm planning on replacing Mega Drain, as he only gets to use it once in a blue moon.

Onix
~Earthquake
~Explosion
~Bind
~Rock Slide

My physical wall and electric counter. He has never had a huge part in any matches, so I'm thinking of replacing him. I think his moveset is pretty solid though.

Dewgong
~Surf
~Blizzard
~Mimic
~Body Slam

The first Pokemon in my special core. Dewgong does his job well, but Mimic and Body Slam really haven't been useful at all, but I'm not sure what to replace them with.

Electabuzz
~Thunderbolt
~Thunder Wave
~Psychic
~Seismic Toss

Electabuzz is working suprisingly well. His moves are what I'm going to keep, and he's doing his job well.

Moltres or Charizard

Moltres
~Agility
~Fire Blast
~Fire Spin
~Hyper Beam

Charizard
~Fire Blast
~Earthquake
~Swords Dance
~Hyper Beam

I really have no clue which Pokemon to pick. At first glace they seemed similar but they have totally different movesets and stratgies. I truly have no clue what to use and what moves. They both work alright, but on the Pokemon Online server, Moltres is OU so I subbed it with Charizard, and found it hard to compare the two in terms of usefulness, because they are in different tiers on PO.

Hitmonlee
~Body Slam
~Counter
~High Jump Kick
~Seismic Toss

There's not much to say about him, except that he's rarely used in my battles. If I win, I win by a landslide, but if I lose, I really lose.

Okay guys, that's it. I know its terrible but please help me improve it and tell me how to use it because I just started competitive battling. Thanks!

I can tell you with certainty that Hitmonlee sucks and you should definitely replace him with something that won't get killed in one hit by everything.

As for your Onix, I like the attempt to include a rock/ground pokemon, but Onix is so weak that it's really not worth it. If I had to suggest a UU alternative, I'd say go for a Dugtrio or maybe a sandslash to absorb electric attacks. Personally, I'm using Dugtrio at the moment (though I do want to try a sandslash out) and I'm pleased with the results. He may still be a bit weak on the attack end of things, but his high speed also allows him to double as a revenge killer that opponents will have a hard time crippling with paralysis.

I also used Dewgong on my first UU team and the only difference between our sets is that I used rest over mimic. I don't really care for either move, but it's worth considering putting ice beam in that slot, if only to have more PP in a freeze war. That said, I've since switched to Gyarados for a massive power increase (He also has the benefit of playing nice with dugtrio by drawing out the electric attacks).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)