SS PU My first PU Team!

I made this team a while ago and won the majority of my fights. However since I'm not really familiar with the PU Tier, this Team certainly has not only weaknesses but can be overall improved. (Apologies for bad english.)

Dusknoir @ Choice Band
Ability: Frisk
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Def / 68 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Trick
- Poltergeist
- Focus Punch / Earthquake

Starting off, we have have Bulky-Choice Banded Dusknoir, the lead of most battles. Dusky is also the Monster I'm most uncertain about.
It is really really slow, so it has to take a hit before it can attack. Unless you don't use Shadow Sneak, which doesn't deal a lot of damage.
It is a good revenge killer though and also counters sweepers like Rappidash Galar.

Manectric @ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Switcheroo

I really love Manectric from past Gens. It is pretty fast and counters a lot of threats with its fire attack, or annoys the enemy wich Switcheroo.
You could play him with a scarf as well, I personally prefer the Specs on this set however.

Appletun @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 108 HP / 172 Def / 152 SpA / 52 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Apple Acid
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Sucker Punch

At first I was unsure about this one (mainly because of it's design lol), but now I really like him. This is however due to its attack Apple Acid, which lowers the Sp. Def. by one stage. Pretty useful. There isn't much to say about this set, except for one thing: Sucker Punch. It's uncommon but also unexpected and helped me kill enemy Pokemon quit often now.
Appletun is the Pokemon I had to use the least on this Team.

Raboot @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick

Not much to say about Raboot. It's basically Cinderace.

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Or:
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Throat Chop
- Rapid Spin

It's a fairy counter and revenge killer. Also it removes hazards and I think it's a overall pretty strong Pokemon.
I'm not entirely sure about the EV Spreads though. I used to run the second one, but in the last Tournament I tried out the first one. (Replay of the finale is down below)
Also, Hitmonchan's Throat Chop wasn't useful at all until now. I'm eager to replace it but I don't know which attack would fit the best.

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Bonemerang
- Iron Head / Knock Off
- Swords Dance / curse

Finally we have Marowak. It checks most threats (physically) and also has a decent Atk which makes him very dangerous.

This is my first PU Team and I fought lots of fun Tournaments with it^^. Here is the replay of the finale I fought in today (and here is another one.)
Much thanks & love!​

Mr.Bossaru

PMPL Champions 2022' ZU GOD\NU GOAT
is a Top Tiering Contributor
mach over bp, trust me, maybe ice punch over throat punch, sucker punch on apple is interesting but leech seed is better, eq on noir for sure

The only ghosts which are relevant to PU are Dusknoir, Dusclops, CorsolaG, Cursola, Runerigus and Drifblim.

Runerigus and Drifblim take more from Ice Punch, Throat Chop does sod all to the Dusks or CorsolaG and Ice Punch also kills grass types and flying types that try to bop you, so you can use your speed boost from Spinning to help off them.

Throat Chop is good for Cursola and can be a nasty surprise for Swoobat on the switch in (note that neither spread can outspeed it at +1!) which I think your team would ulf struggle with if Manectric was taken out (note that it uses a consumable seed, so no Poltergeist)

Lightning Rod > Static on Manectric to catch enemy Volt Switchers off guard.

Consider sticking SR on Marowak. You need some hazards to punish your opponents switches, and this team seems a little weak to Scarfed Unfeazant who outspeeds everything and is only loosely checled by Manectric (which is still 2HKOd by Brave Bird).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)