My First (Obviously) Photoshop Sigs/Avatars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Okay, okay, gimme all of your requests. But in the necessary thread, now you remember that, now.

Well, I actually had the patience on Saturday to download Azureus on my Mac and get a Photoshop CS2 torrent to replace my currently down Windows computer. I then FINALLY learned how to install brushes AND get them to work, so after looking at a few tutorials I came up with these as the days went on. Once again, these are the only ones I have ever made. And for the record, my current avatar was made by someone else.

...ew. My true first, and the Samus Render was cut by me, so it turned out kind of bad. I then whored out on the brushes and it turned into tomato soup with some milk in it too.

Smash Brothers Ike, kinda hard to mix colors in this one. But I prevailed (sort of).

My third sig, and with a matching avatar to boot. Big improvements from last time, and I learned a couple of new tricks on the way. My current favorite creation in Photoshop, and Milia is yow-yow-yow!

Who doesn't do a Cloud sig at some point in their lives? Well, here's mine. No regular text on this once, just plain ol' Japanese symbol-thingy. Also, in my opinion, a very nice sig and avatar.

The unsung hero. Using two renders this time, and tried a couple of new things. I like this one alot as well.

Well.... what do you guys think?
NOTE: Those who use ANY of these pieces for their own personal use without my prior consent will be prosecuted and have their genitals ripped off.
That is, if I could. :'(

NOTE: Those who use ANY of these pieces for their own personal use without my prior consent will be prosecuted and have their genitals ripped off.
... I hope not with your hands. XD

I love the Cloud signature you made. The fade effect and the neon symbol against his cloak is amazing. The only thing that I could see was that the words on your signatures tend to stand out - maybe I'm just a big fan of the fade effect, but to me they look too small and stand out too much. In my opinion, the character should stand out against the writing. Like you did with Cloud and Ike against the Japanese characters.

Do you happen to take requests?

In my opinion, the character should stand out against the writing. Like you did with Cloud and Ike against the Japanese characters.
The Japanese characters are actually brushes I found on DeviantArt. But yeah, I haven't tried slimming down the opacity on text, maybe I'll go back into these sigs and try it sometime to make the text a little less solid-looking.
Do you happen to take requests?
What would you request? I might do it if I feel like it.

All I asked was that people credit me in their sigs with something as basic as "avatar by vidd" and some thought that it was asking a lot.
You're being a bit extreme for some videogame character renders and the whole "grunge" technique consisting of some basic brush-work.

All I asked was that people credit me in their sigs with something as basic as "avatar by vidd" and some thought that it was asking a lot.
You're being a bit extreme for some videogame character renders and the whole "grunge" technique consisting of some basic brush-work.
Meh. I just don't like it when people take sigs I've made and use them without permission. But I'm not that extreme anyway. :P

If I may say something, I think they're a little too big. Make them smaller, like 300x110 or so, and they will turn out better. Yours are so big that you need to work harder to fill out the space, and ends up with less quality, but more quantity.

And also: where do you get your tutorials from. PM me for some good sites.

You do have a point there, I'll try it next time. A size like my Darkrai sig, or around that?
I only used one tutorial once, and I can't remember where it is now, but I have a shitload of tuts on this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)