SV OU MY First Attempt at an OU Team: << C'est la vie >>

Welcome to my first ever attempt at making an OU team, C'est La Vie (I made this during my french lesson) Here is how it started:

https://pokepast.es/ef4cf2bc408a2154

I was always using teams from this teams page which have been good, but I wanted to contribute to the community! So here is my attempt at doing so:

C'EST LA VIE

I started off with an Ursaluna:

BALLER (Ursaluna) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Headlong Rush
- Shadow Claw
- Trailblaze

This is the main bulk of the team. Classic Guts Facade mon, I picked him over Heracross and other alternatives due to his already crazy bulk and his high usability. I used him sometimes in start but... IF YOU SEE GAMBIT, TRUST ME HERE: SAVE HIM!!! Bro can live a +2 sucker punch from Max Attack IV Bulky Gambit at 4% and OHKO Gambit with Headlong Rush w/o Focus Sash, so worth it. I chose trailblaze as a move due to low speed if you need speed buffs and to cover water. Normal tera for facade and dealing with dragapult who can murder him, and he hits back with shadow claw for some coverage. That's all I see in him, but he's very reliable, can be used in OU.

Next up we have my Kleavor (ignore the Hisui theme):

SWORDS AWAY (Kleavor) @ Razor Claw
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash
- U-turn
- X-Scissor
- Stone Axe

Alright, I'll be honest. Why use this mon in a meta of Power Gem Glimmora, taunt Deoxys-S, and Hisuian Samurott? Cause he puts in the WORK. This mon is a beast and his crits have clutched up so many times. Sharpness also boosts all the moves here, making almost all of them above 100 BP. Can be used as an opener, stone axe sets up rocks, and u turn into whatever. However, this mon does struggle a bit here and there, but he can do a LOT of damage if used well. Tera fire for weaknesses and rest of moves are for CRIT and stab.

Alright, I'll add some things that are meta now...

THE GOAT (Roaring Moon) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Crunch

I used this set for a while and it is SO GOOD. Acrobatics in tera flying kills so much bulk and can be a great wall breaker. Taunt is honestly not the best move here, I have it for a worst scenario, so feel free to make it Dragon Claw or something. This set is pretty good, you can also run Knock Off instead of Crunch if you feel like it. This adds some crazy stats such as 470s attack due to booster energy.

There, and here's another META mon:

I AM HIM (Ogerpon-Wellspring) (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Encore
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel

Classic waterpon set, I like the encore set cause it can get some +4 attack which can be a great sweeper role for this meta. Ivy Cudgel can be absolutely insane and PKMN made the HUGE MISTAKE of giving this Power Whip, insanely broken move. Tera Water cus it's fixed. I do not use this mon too much cus it is either bad for weaknesses or swept, so I could use some help with this set.

VALIDDDD (Iron Valiant) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Poison
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Spirit Break

Yes. Another meta mon. I must be crazy right?! Well, no. Another encore dance setter and it's so good. Speed boosted by proto booster, which makes it one of the fastest encorers and poison tera for weaknesses. Drain punch has proven VERY useful for some health gain which allows it to last into the endgame for me. It struggles sometimes against mons like heatran and sash Kingambit, but nevertheless OP.

AND NOW. IT'S TIME FOR THE LORD OF DARKNESS, THE RAGING STEEL KING, THE ALMIGHTY RULER OF THE FORESTS, THE BLADE HOLDER, CYNTHIAAAAA...

Cynthia (Kingambit) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt

Cynthia is a force to reckon with. I chose tera dark cus of how op black glasses dark tera sucker punch, kowtow is in this meta, and it even has zen headbutt for fighting, which is its main weakness. Anyone knows how to play this mon, so I'll leave it to y'all to rate this set.

Well that's all for today bois. I really do need help with this team, cause I find it good, but I'll leave the improvements to you meta gods. Please feel free to drop some replies, I'll be looking at them. Ty for reading till the end!!

Last edited:

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
KNock Off over Crunch on Roaring Moon

FIre Punch over Shadow Claw on Ursaluna so you can hit Corviknight more reliably

You're better going Swords Dance instead of Zen Headbutt for Kingambit imo

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Hi and welcome to the forums!

You have a fun team here with strong and unusual pokemon so I am not going to change them too much, just make it more effective.

:Ursaluna: For Ursaluna, shadow claw actually doesn't even hit as hard as Headlong Rush because of STAB so I would recommend dropping Shadow Claw in favour of Fire Punch. As the guy above said, it hits things like Corviknight well but it also is good into Gholdengo or Kingambit with a balloon.

:Kleavor: For Kleavor, his power is quite underrated and I like the all out attacking set, but I am going to suggest you change his item to Choice Scarf. This will help him outspeed other lead pokemon, but also it makes U-turn a very useful move to bring in other strong threats. Because you are fast, your opponent will want to switch out to a defensive guy, which you can then U-turn out on to bring in other strong pokemon.

:Roaring Moon: Roaring Moon should have knock off, it's just overall better than crunch and helps with the stall matchup.

:Ogerpon-Wellspring: For Ogerpon, since you said you have trouble setting up on it sometimes you could consider dropping Swords Dance for U-turn. This would pair nicely with Kleavor and you can still encore stuff and u-turn as they switch out.

:Iron Valiant: Drain Punch valiant is a cool option, no changes necessary there!
:Kingambit: And I would say the same with Kingambit. 4 attacks is an underrated set and Zen Headbutt could be a nice lure for something like tusk or Zamazenta. If you find yourself having trouble with other dark types you can change it to Low Kick though.

My last tip is that this team is all physical attackers which may present some issues if you run into a team with multiple walls like Skarmory + Dondozo or Bulk Up Great Tusk. You could consider changing Valiant to a special set to handle this, but I will leave it for now.

Here is a paste with the changes! https://pokepast.es/5e3007646822dfb3

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You have a fun team here with strong and unusual pokemon so I am not going to change them too much, just make it more effective.

:Ursaluna: For Ursaluna, shadow claw actually doesn't even hit as hard as Headlong Rush because of STAB so I would recommend dropping Shadow Claw in favour of Fire Punch. As the guy above said, it hits things like Corviknight well but it also is good into Gholdengo or Kingambit with a balloon.

:Kleavor: For Kleavor, his power is quite underrated and I like the all out attacking set, but I am going to suggest you change his item to Choice Scarf. This will help him outspeed other lead pokemon, but also it makes U-turn a very useful move to bring in other strong threats. Because you are fast, your opponent will want to switch out to a defensive guy, which you can then U-turn out on to bring in other strong pokemon.

:Roaring Moon: Roaring Moon should have knock off, it's just overall better than crunch and helps with the stall matchup.

:Ogerpon-Wellspring: For Ogerpon, since you said you have trouble setting up on it sometimes you could consider dropping Swords Dance for U-turn. This would pair nicely with Kleavor and you can still encore stuff and u-turn as they switch out.

:Iron Valiant: Drain Punch valiant is a cool option, no changes necessary there!
:Kingambit: And I would say the same with Kingambit. 4 attacks is an underrated set and Zen Headbutt could be a nice lure for something like tusk or Zamazenta. If you find yourself having trouble with other dark types you can change it to Low Kick though.

My last tip is that this team is all physical attackers which may present some issues if you run into a team with multiple walls like Skarmory + Dondozo or Bulk Up Great Tusk. You could consider changing Valiant to a special set to handle this, but I will leave it for now.

Here is a paste with the changes! https://pokepast.es/5e3007646822dfb3
Thank you so much for these changes! I'll try them out. But I'd just like to ask if you have any changes to mons like removals and replacements to make it a bit more balanced on the special side? Thanks.

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Thank you so much for these changes! I'll try them out. But I'd just like to ask if you have any changes to mons like removals and replacements to make it a bit more balanced on the special side? Thanks.
Of course!
The easiest thing to do would be to change Iron Valiant to a special set like this

Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball

You could also switch out Ogerpon-Wellspring for a choice specs (or boots) dragapult and keep U-turn. It would still provide fast strong offense and still help check rain.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Tera Blast
- U-turn

Of course!
The easiest thing to do would be to change Iron Valiant to a special set like this

Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball

You could also switch out Ogerpon-Wellspring for a choice specs (or boots) dragapult and keep U-turn. It would still provide fast strong offense and still help check rain.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Tera Blast
- U-turn
this team has done well for me, ty!!

dawn to the dusk

during the tough day
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Friend check this

Yeah my opinion is same with duck, the Iron Valiant is good and no need to change. The Roaring Moon u can change it item to scarf to give your team high speed pivot This configuration gives your team more flexibility than a one-time boost energy and carries knock off to help break banlance team. And give your team high speed pivot,this set gives your team more flexibility than a one-time boost energy and carries knock off to help break banlance team. Also u can change Ogerpon's move encore > Trailblaze and it will become a powerful cleaner.
For
, ur kingambit is jolly max speed and ur team fear fighting type so take Zen Headbutt is beyond reproach,why dont take low kick to against opp's kingambit? cause we got
now so u dont need to worry its attack, also if u are struggle against fairy type just make a tere on it and set up. Hope u like it man!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)