Team MWP IV - Team & Set Dump Thread

twinkay

these bugs love all the sugar in my blood
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1644192832851.png

MWP IV has concluded with the Seafolk City Spirits winning! Congrats to them!

With Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl (well Legends of Arceus now but lol no one reads this) on the horizon and the hopeful promise of returning DPP mainstays, SS may surely look much different than we know it now. Please use this thread to highlight and record any sets you found particularly interesting or metagame defining for SS, Oldgens, Threat, or Natdex

If you plan on posting more than one set, please nest them inside hides! Other than that, get at it! (Just be civil as always, please)

Even though I did insanely horrendous this tour I still think the teams I made for threat were not too bad just mainly hindered by my own play, so I thought id dump them here. natdex threat was a good choice imo and please never do a 6 slot tour again good lord

i rambled everything so ignore typos ^_^

https://pokepast.es/42ca465ad3733103
:zarude: :sableye: :tyranitar: :moltres-galar: :mandibuzz: :drapion:
The only week of SS I played I used this Zarude dark team. I was kind of stuck with this team in terms of what I wanted to do so I made this team around making progress with sand chip/rocks/Sableye which allows Zarude to break a lot easier with band and go for Goltres endgames. I think I played well against jt except the last turn where I fsr just decided to throw and lost but we don't talk about that cuz the team still works

https://pokepast.es/ee7ebb19a323c083 - Week 1 threat vs Tony
:diggersby: :hippowdon: :landorus: :excadrill: :seismitoad: :swampert-mega:
Ground struggles with whoever gets the offensive pressure first imo so I did a lead Digs set with spikes. The game went well but I played like a massive bitch because nerves got to me and not magnet rising with drill hurt me bad. I think had I done that the game could've been a lot more enjoyable but that was on me for not doing it but in tests the team worked pretty well. Water Z is on Seis to get rain up and +1 speed. Lando I was to 1v1 opposing Lando I since I was pretty weak to it.

https://pokepast.es/838ea2975b4165a1 - Week 2 threat vs Nailec
:cinderace: :charizard-mega-x: :moltres: :heatran: :volcanion: :arcanine:
The only week where I did win was with this. The issue with Fire was that it was so offensive and I personally was just not good at playing offense vs offense MU's so I set on trying to build more of a balance team this week. It worked out as I was able to stall out DD Zard with Arcanine and Moltres pretty nicely. The Elec Z Cinder also came in clutch vs opposing Volcanion which was nice to pull off. I think Arcanine is criminally underrated in this threat but man this threat was so annoying to prep for.

https://pokepast.es/746e9acb4477ae02 - Week 3 threat vs Meta
:crobat: :drapion: :slowking-galar: :nidoking: :weezing-galar: :nidoqueen:
This week was like...really bad because I actually think I managed to lose every turn LMAO. Anyway, the team was build around Glowking endgame which gets shut down by Drapion which is why the Colbur is there. The G-Weezing set was fun because you get to Memento shit like Nihi and opposing Bro twins and start setting up. I think the Crobat I used was actually so dogshit in hindsight but everything else was pretty mid.

https://pokepast.es/93e50019c2e0ae27 - Week 4 threat vs Kaguya
:greninja: :golisopod: :gyarados-mega: :rotom-wash: :manaphy: :seismitoad:
This week felt pretty bad to lose since it was essentially decided on a turn 1 miss from my end. The team is pretty standard from a threat perspective, I saw a lot of people running similar sets and the only interesting thing I used here was probably Custap Manaphy. I was super weak to Mega Gyara with revenging it with Goliso was my only source of counterplay so Custap was there to help alleviate that matchup for me.

https://pokepast.es/a329b589a846b569 - Week 6 threat vs Avarice
:aerodactyl-mega: :dragonite: :celesteela: :zapdos: :landorus-therian: :thundurus:
This week I was pretty unmotivated since I was getting absolutely trashed this tour so I feel like this team isn't that good. The game wasn't clean either as Avarice and I both haxed eachother. I really liked a lot of the sets I used though. Bulky DD Dragonite was tilting Ticken in tests which was funny to see and the Zapdos really pops off if you can position it right. Rock Z was for Thundurus and the Lando spread lived like +2 HP Ice from Thundy and a +1 Ice Fang from Maero I think. Had reg thundy for prankster Fog and T-wave if things got ugly.

https://pokepast.es/7a07e43aff253dfe - Rock Threat
:cradily: :lycanroc-dusk: :stakataka: :kabutops: :stonjourner: :diancie:
I didn't play this week but this team I built did pretty well in tests and it was fun to use. Based around semi TR with sash spam to just annoy people early game. Lead Lycan always gets a kill and having Sash + Weak Armor Kabutops also usually claims a kill. Stonjourner is actually the goat and super underrated with ID BP it was so fun to use in tests, this threat was pretty cool to play with hope to see it in another tour. Staka is really unfun to play against though and makes building this somewhat constricting.

built some of my fav teams this tour, unfort the same cant be said of my games ahahaha....
West Sea
first things first, under NO circumstances should you ever use pink gastro on water, i just couldnt find the ss sprite for east gastrodon. anyway, i have always been super high on cloyster water bc it cheeses every painful matchup for water so well. dragon gets obliterated after chip on dpult and lati, flying gets absolutely fucked after steela takes like 30 damage, ice loses too unless theyre foul play scarf weavile(which u can still outplay), and so on. i really think more ppl should use le clam bc it is the goat cheese mon that somehow manages to be consistent bc ppl are insistent on spamming the same shit in ss mono. volcanion is also really fkin underrated(tho its good seeing more ppl use it); nothing offers the same role compression+breaking power even when the role compression is defog. its pretty hilarious how a fire type is ur best defogger bc ur other foggers are like.. scarftom, scarf fini, mantine(lmao) and heavy duty boots on all mons. im not really a fan of scarf shifu but its nice vs other cheese mons like arctozolt or whatever, and its still pretty effective w futureport king. toxapex+slowking is always gonna be pretty op on balance water; its still p easy to abuse but types like psychic have a lot of trouble breaking through them. lastly, i decided not to use swampert bc excadrill kinda farms this team otherwise lmao. dropping rocks is ok i think bc u can still force progress with the unholy abomination that is futureport.

note to self: do not ever switch zarude on a blacephalon hyper u dumb fuck
alright so decem and i have been 100% convinced that sableye is the one reason why balance dark is jesus rn; it fucking just doesnt die. it is like a budget mew with fast encore; somehow its measly defenses are enough to get the job done. if u've ever played vs a mew you know how fucking horrible it is to have your whole ass team knocked and burned while not being able to recover, and combined w cb zarude it makes for a pretty good combo. cb zarude is pretty necessary so u dont get ur cheeks clapped by water(rain is still pretty rough tbf even with it but playable), and cb lariat claps half the meta lmao. sub hydra as steelbreaker is standard; same w mandi and ttar as the rest of the backbone. Whats interesting is a suggestion that decem made: using scarf drapion. i was pretty doubtful at first, but i think im a believer now. its able to revenge fairys like koko and bulu, while punishing switchins with toxic, alongside knock off. fast toxic allows you to punish a lot of pokemon that threaten you, and while tspikes are pretty dogass, they come in clutch vs types u struggle against like electric or fairy. dark def has a lot of cool options, so try them all out :D(except for crawdaunt he can fuck right off)

galar
I kinda just... dont like using slowbro(i also tend to dislike facing lando t and excadrill xd); psychic feels super strapped for slots and slowbro seems the most disposable to me fsr. i dont like dropping mew bc imo its the one reason ud load psychic: to fuck up literally every balance ever by being an annoying little shit. dropping slowbro allows u to run a defensive wall and steel type in one slot, being bronzong. the bell is pretty cool bc u beat kyurem, beat fairies, beat bisharp/ttar, on top of having rocks. its a shame it dont got broken tport tho. gking is also rly important imo, since u dont get fucked as hard by thundurus t or aegislash; its excellent at forcing progress as well. but please for the love of god do not run fsight gking; it is terrible and u should not use it. scald is over eq bc every time i play heatran i get burned anyway :blobsad: and end up getting fked. scald is passable bc u can fish for burns against stuff like landoor ttar when they come in on u, so thats cool ig! i like both hatterene and lele, but i ran hatt on this squad bc frol1 really liked spamming that dark team of his; it also covers water better than lele. additionally, without it i wouldnt have hazard control cuz the lati is fogless. i slap scarf victini on almost every team just bc its hard to fit smt else, outspeeding +1 drill and other threats is really useful as well. at first glance the team looks like scarf lati and hdb/band tini, so souldew is a pretty good bait if it ever comes to that. the main reason i wanted to use it tho was just bc souldew draco and psyshock hurt a lot. i couldve ran fog over roost, but i think id rather be able to heal than clear rocks. hwish is turbo broken when used with hatt/mew and the main reason to use latias over latios.

galargalar
i was def high when i put this together, this was literally all my prep outside of a few convos w decem LOL ;w;. nothing has changed since mpl; nihilego is still my fav mon to use on psn so i thought itd be fun to bring a nihi psn team. this time i decided to bring gking bc my crobat got froze on the switch once and couldnt toxic, scarring me for life. the other nice thing abt gking is that it lets u run physdef pex which makes playing melmetal less of a hassle. 8 speed on pex guarantees u outrun standard mel btw. as for the amoonguss, no black glasses is not a typo :D. attribute memed the set and i honestly thought it was a cool idea to stop excadrill/sub bu lando from smoking me. pr weezy was decem's idea, bc nihilego is honestly not enough to beat gtres LMFAO fuck that mon. other than gtres there really is no reason to use pr(though weezy has more atk than spa!!!), so u can def just run steam. i really dislike using drapion bc the bulk difference + lack of aftermath(for hatt,azu,etc) really sucks. whats cool is that skunk still gets roar to phaze out threatening sweepers, along with pjab to beat stuff like fini. rocks nihi is still my fav set, just this time w gknot to make the water mu easier since it isnt fsight gking. on psn i guess it makes more sense to run fsight when u have roar skunk/whirl drap, but i still dont like it at all.

theriangalargalar
being famous for my obsession with the red black turkey, i knew i had to bring flying at least once this tour. (it was originally gonna be tornadus but decem thankfully caught my stupidity) I also wanted to use the goat thundurus incarnate with its chad 353 base speed + scarf gapdos. celesteela mantine lando t is incredibly standard, though i have flamethrower over flash cannon in steela bc i got fucked by ferrothorn in tests and kyurem is semi threatened by gapdos being able to uturn on switchins. scarf gap is nice bc i think having a pivot move on ur scarf is really important on flying to not lose momentum; gapdos in general is nice vs cheese like ice. in fact, steel wing's once purpose is to stop alolatales from getting up veil LOL tho i think smth else in its place is def better. thundurus i's speed tier + prankster allow it to emergency check threatening pokemon while still being able to break thanks to knock off being op. i originally had defiant uturn thundy i for the mirror bc with gapdos u punish tf out of landorus which lets u win with ur own thundy cuz urs is faster than everything except torn. i still think its a good idea even though it got scrapped, so please lmk if u find any suitable build for it :DDD. chesto goltres is cool bc theres no room for stalk(u need taunt for fini and psn), it also acts as a one time heal, which suffices because emo chicken is broken.

i had a hell of a fun time this tour cy and mushamu so huge thanks to u two as well as everyone else in the server
once more, good shit team! (and thx for carry)

Last edited:

style.css

is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Overall we had a great time building SS this tour. Plunder was an absolute goat in SS prep and I couldn't do what I did without him. Below are a few teams we made (can't give you all the teams yet). Our main thought process throughout was sticking to a mostly standard composition and teching with one or two spicy sets.

Week 1 Fairy: :Klefki::Clefable::Azumarill::Tapu Bulu::Grimmsnarl::Tapu Koko:
The start was a little rough for us building wise; we didn't have too much info to go off of so we wanted to build a top type that has pretty good match ups overall. The only thing we were a little concerned about was Steel and Psychic so we mixed it up with an offensive Grimmsnarl. The other set that came out of this team was the Azumarill set we used the whole rest of the tour.
Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 72 Def Azumarill through Reflect: 72-85 (21 - 24.8%)
Week 3 Psychic: :Jirachi::Hatterene::Celebi::Victini::Alakazam::Latias:
This week was prepped for Dragon, Poison, Fairy, Flying, Water and Ground. To ease the Fairy MU we opted for Scarf Jirachi; this would also help in a rogue Ice match up. The Victini was specifically made to beat Steel since the team stuggled to do so with out Slowking-Galar. Alakazam was out Moltres-Galar check while Latias with Soul Dew acted as a Choice bluff for the Poison matchup which otherwise can be a total pain with 50/50s.

Week 3 Ground: :Landorus-Therian::Nidoking::Gastrodon::Excadrill::Mamoswine::Garchomp:
Expecting Steel, Dragon or Flying, Ground seemed like a no brainer for us. We just needed a way to solidify the Dragon match up because Kyurem can really be a pain for Ground to deal with; enter Scarf Scale Shot Garchomp (which I saw us get ROASTED for). In the end Scale Shot did exactly what it was intended to do: check Dragon types without having to lock into Outrage and get revenged.

Week 4 Fairy: :Hatterene::Tapu Bulu::Tapu Koko::Azumarill::Clefable::Klefki:
Prepping for Trichotomy is and always will be difficult. The man is a legend. That being said we prepped for Flying, Water and Steel. We were between to variants: Scarf Lele + SD Bulu or Hatterene + Scarf Bulu. In the end we felt Hatterene covered the whole better and the terrain didn't conflict with Azumarill.

Week 5 Water: :Pelipper::Barraskewda::Swampert::Toxapex::Crawdaunt::Cloyster:
After scouting usage we expected to face Dark, Water, Flying, Psychic or Fire. Water seemed like a great midground pick that could be build to win any of these match ups. Semi Rain seemed ideal to pressure types like Dark, Psychic and Flying with support from Cradaunt to break Flying and Water's defensive cores. Scarf Cloyster was the tech to pressure and ultimately steal KO's on Flying. +2 Atk and two +0 attack are roughly the same damage output so Scarf seemed like a better way to take KOs in that matchup.

Semifinals Fire: :Moltres::Heatran::Volcarona::Volcanion::Cinderace::Marowak-Alola:
As I stated earlier, prepping for Trich is so hard. We were most concerned with this slot. We were prepping for Ice, Electric, Fairy, Poison, Flying and originally went with a Zygarde-10% Ground. After testing we weren't feeling the team so we looked at new options. Looking back Fire looked super strong vs those types and we thought that going completely rogue on the type we bring could get us a win in a slot we were expecting to lose. Plunder the goat was so on point with suggesting Fire. This was the high point for me in MWP (sorry Trich, it was a total fish).

Finals Poison: :Amoonguss::Crobat::Drapion::Nidoking::Slowking-Galar::Toxapex:
Despite the finals not turning out how we'd hoped we did get Shiba a win to bring his record to an amazing 8-1. We prepped for Poison, Steel, Water or Flying. To tech harder against Water we went for a Defensive EV'd Slowking-Galar (still with AV) which would help us against Slowking Future Sight + Choice Band Urshifu. Slowking-Galar was EV'd to be able to take SR, Future Sight and a Choice Band Surging Strikes and live with a 68% chance to OHKO Urshifu with Psychic. Water ultimately didn't come out but the defensive Slowking worked great in the Steel match up as well.

Over all this was a great experience for me. Building with Plunder is great and our team (Shiba Xiri Nailec Aberforth Bushtush) was amazing bringing home so many wins to net us the best SS record of 20-6. A big thanks to Mateeus and ToxaNex for drafting me; they are great managers and it was amazing to have a team that trusted us with the SS slots as much as they did.

Last edited:

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
I'm not going to post entire teams but I do want to highlight sets / cores I was intrigued by in Monothreat! (This is going to be me rambling my thoughts off.)

-Skipping my Ground since it's the same team as I used vs roman but with physical Mega Swampert over special-

:delphox: + :infernape:
Witch Craft (Delphox) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Magic Room
- Hypnosis

Jungle King (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
I decided on dual Scarf because 1) Scarf makes the most sense on Delphox who can act as a revenge killer and disrupt physically bulky teams, and 2) I wanted Magic Room + SD -> Scarf +2 Atk on Infernape to work so badly. Something to note is, unless an opposing Mega Charizard is very bulky (nearly max HP iirc), Psychic from Delphox always 2HKOs and outspeeds after a DD, meaning it can not use Delphox as set up fodder in most cases. The main issue with Delphox is that it lets Victini in for free and we saw many omniboosting Victinis this tournament. Overall, I do not think that is a big hinderance when you have a Scarf Infernape, bulky Charizard X, and potentially other fast / bulky Pokemon in Blace, Heatran, Talonflame, and so on. I was not completely sure what to do with Delphox's remaining moves considering its movepool depth is quite low but still manageable.

:gengar: + :nihilego:
Casper (Gengar) (M) @ Ring Target
Ability: Cursed Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Trick
- Role Play

Nihiglow (Nihilego) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 40 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Power Gem
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
The idea here is to lead Gengar and either capitalize on lead Whirlipede (which is very uncommon for the record), or trick a Ring Target on the opponent's likely only Psychic immunity. Once you trick it onto the Dark, you can then use Scarf Nihi to spam Psychic coverage and snowball from there. Scarf Nihi also allows you to offensively threaten Crobat which is invaluable. The unfortunate part tho is Poison has so much to account for from Meteor Beam Nihi, offensive Crobat, Scolipede, the Slows/Nidos, and Mega Venu that having Gengar + Nihi really restricts your building capability in order to try covering everything. For my team, I lacked a consistent lead and my plan was hard to accomplish when I was up against a Payapa Nido, a Dark that wasn't interested in coming in on Gengar, and a T-wave spreading Slowbro. I still think Gengar + Nihi is a fun strat but it is not consistent.

:slowbro-mega: + :gyarados:
Scp (Slowbro) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Slack Off
- Psychic
- Grass Knot

Sea Monster (Gyarados) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
One issue I have with Water is that the addition to Power Whip on Gyara overcentralizes the meta on it. I did not want to use a Mega Gyara this week and try to bring some originality. Mega Slowbro was not a big contender in my eyes initially because it does not seem to add much to the plate, but I found out that it can tank Mega Gyara's hits surprisingly well and combat it not by outspeeding, but outslowing. I figured that as long as I get TR up, Mega Slowbro should be able to prevent Mega Gyara from sweeping pretty well thanks to Grass Knot. Another positive of Slowbro is it is one of the best Pokemon to take on Urshifu, along with Toxapex, which I thought would be brought. I also went ahead and added a regular Gyara to bluff the Mega. Adamant non-boosted Power Whip hits hard with the main issue being Toxapex which Slowbro can take on with Psychic so the two are naturally very good together.

:carracosta:
Oogway (Carracosta) (M) @ Waterium Z
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Low Kick
- Aqua Jet
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
Carra is without a doubt one of the best Pokemon for Rock with its ability to perform just about any role. We saw a lot of Boots + Sturdy with Shell Smash but, again, I took a different route and used him for his defensive capability. In order to not get swept by Staka, I decided to go with a Waterium mixed set that lives +2 252+ Body Press and OHKOs back since Passho is the least likely damage reducing berry it would use. Low Kick is to force Cradilys that switch in to use their Chople, AJ is obv for priority, and E-Power is so I either don't need to use my Z or so I don't have to risk missing.

-Skipping Flying since the only notable one is Lando and I don't want to share the set so I have to fight it. Realistically it's just the EVs I am hiding-

:leavanny: + :pinsir-mega:
Nanny (Leavanny) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Terrain
- Sticky Web
- Aerial Ace
- Electroweb

Buganoid (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Secret Power
Easily my least consistent strat, I went in at 5-1 and was like "you know, why not". Leavanny is meant to set up Webs but more importantly set up Grassy Terrain. The intriguing part of Grassy Terrain is that when paired with Secret Power, it changes from a para chance to sleep. I thought it would be so hype if I actually get the sleep, SD, and proceed to sweep. The issue is that Leavanny has no way to switch out after setting it up and it is still only a 30% chance. In most cases, Leavanny was dead weight, just like in my game vs Nailec. Secret Power still has use tho considering para is still a good status to spread and it is physical, Normal-type, and non contact. My team would have been more reliable if I did Crustle > Leavanny but sometimes we should try riskier strats! Tagging ToxaNex since I didn't tell him what Leavanny was for but promised to talk about it here.

Overall I am happy with my performance aside from the Poison game. I'm glad that I could show off ideas that others hadn't tried even if some were a miss. NatDex Monothreat > SS Monothreat. Hmu if you have more questions about my teams or whatever. Until next time!

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
sm:
i think poison is a really slept on type and i decided to try it out a lot for playoffs. its a really good midground against stuff that fishes for water like grass, fairy, flying while water discourages stuff like ground and fire which is kinda bleh for poison to face. feel like people just gotta build it more offensively, with stuff like z-haze toxapex to keep ur ground against threats and trying out different things in the last slot other than nihilego. gengar in particular is really nice since z-hex just nukes a bunch of stuff (ohkos landorus, gets a free kill vs psy, nothing on water likes taking it, etc) and covers the negative matchups for poison nicely.

:venusaur-mega: :toxapex: :muk-alola: :crobat: :nidoking: :gengar:
https://pokepast.es/23b2f97db8c52c8c

this is the team i used against sabella in semifinals and loaded into flying. its a pretty basic team with z-haze pex and iirc the ev spread lets u live a +1 jirachi psychic after rocks and the rest goes into defense for stuff like dnite. im double z move on this because ghostium z is too good to give up on gengar imo and youd use z haze and z hex depending on which was better in that scenario. i actually forgot i was double z move in the real game and ended up going gengar on charizard turn 36 thinking i could z hex but finding out the hard way that i had to go for the roll with tbolt. the revised team has rocky helmet on crobat to ensure cb dragonite takes chip since trading crobat for multiscale is always worth it and prevents u from losing another mon as well as poison jab on alolan muk because fairy is unironically a huge issue for poison.

:venusaur-mega: :toxapex: :muk-alola: :crobat: :nidoking: :nihilego:
https://pokepast.es/6aba23992963c18d

wanted to try out a nihilego variant this time for finals since i thought mat was gonna try to load some sort of fish for water for bushtush since i loaded into serp grass in regular season. nihilego covers ice a lot better than gengar, and foul play means u dont lose to sd exca where gengar would otherwise be useful in beating. i had thunder wave on nihilego to cripple random stuff but i later changed it to toxic spikes for fairy. i went with pjab on muk this time for fairy because i kept getting farmed by it in tests. the updated version has hazards on nidoking and nihilego swapped because nidoking always gets them up against fairy, if they go diancie on nidoking then they've pretty much won the game, props to them. nihilego rocks vs flying easier as well. otherwise pretty similar to the team i used in semis.

oras:

:gardevoir-mega: :slowbro: :reuniclus: :victini: :jirachi: :latios:
https://pokepast.es/7bf896488fd912ab

pretty basic psy with tbolt rachi for defog skarm that i made and used vs maroon. i was turbo high on regen spam in mono at the time so decided to try out assvest reuniclus with max spd to compliment slowbro and force sequences. that thing eats as fuck.

:gliscor: :landorus: :garchomp-mega: :gastrodon: :excadrill: :mamoswine:
https://pokepast.es/c729fa4b25efb0d5

edited this heavily off of a team sab originally passed me but i liked the idea of sandless ground w subtox gliscor so i made it around that. i used this vs bush in finals

:amoonguss: :tentacruel: :drapion: :crobat: :nidoking: :gengar:
https://pokepast.es/82850fe434c2a750

im hella high on gengar poison in monotype so i decided to try it out in oras. its really ratchet but self explanatory. i forgot crobat was inner focus and not infiltrator (builder error) in the real game vs starmaster and ended up throwing the whole game cause of that.

bw:

:keldeo: :gyarados: :empoleon: :slowking: :gastrodon: :tentacruel:
https://pokepast.es/2cbb6323589a6994

weird slowking rainless water i made and used vs sab in semis. future sight seemed cool to me so i tried the dtail + fsight combo with earthquake to beat jirachi. rest of the team is pretty self explanatory, empoleon is good for latios, gyarados is for fighting, and keldeo in bw is keldeo in bw.

Hello everyone !

I would like to share some of the teams I have made for myself or my teammates and explain the purpose of playing them. I've done a lot more teams than the ones that I don't want to post but they are not finalized projects or techs I'd rather keep to myself for now, but I tried to take some teams that I should have released before a final change. Before posting I would just like to thank mushamu Cielau and the goat Bouki who helped me a lot with some team adjustments.

Fairy:

https://pokepast.es/a9e18b4303581e16

It was a fairy that I proposed to Hyperspace during the week 1. To be honest there is nothing innovative but here the idea was to have a very playable MU fly Celesteela with Thunder Lele and a way to pass steel while taking advantage of Fairy's good natural matchups.

Fly:

https://pokepast.es/3c6069cae7470e76

It's maybe one of my favourite team at this moment. I played this against yedla because we had already faced each other a few times in sides tour in the past and I had taken out some exotic types (Ice, Ghost) so I wanted to go for something more classic with an outplay allowance. First of all I knew that yedla was able to ice me so I wanted to be prepared and this team has a really good matchup against ice in general (Zapdos outspeed Arctozolt, Mantine and Celesteela can handle Mamoswine and Weavile and finally Kyurem is destroyed with Celesteela's spe def double move steel). I knew that yedla was also able to play much more classic types like Water rain Kingdra and Fairy of or the choice of the Mantine to be able to secure these mus but also fly of or the fact that I play Thundurus with sludge bomb to be able to try the poisons on landorus and to improve this fairy matchup. Finally I played the Goltres rest which is a very good addition here because it allows to have the mu against steel since my celesteela does not have a fire attack. I found this team very cool overall I don't see any autolose mu so i'm happy to use this (Maybe poison and Urshifu water no rain can be a bit annoying after my tests)

Ghost:

https://pokepast.es/9ca4b7ab9d541efb

I love ghost team even if it's a lot risky at the preview but that was my initital choice agaisnt roxiee. I really consider ghost to be the most coinflip guy of the tier, you can get really excellent mus as well as horrible and it's because of the second reason that I didn't choose him nevertheless the team has some advantages that I can mention. First of all since it was an idea against roxiee I will explain why I took it. I noticed a certain tendency not to play Dark type even in types with very good dark type like Fly or Dragon. Roxiee also had a tendency to play Water no Rain, Poison and Electric so I decided to find a way to have at least an equal matchup. So I based my team idea on Runerigus Tspikes + Spell tag Dragapult in the idea that could hinder the free voltswitch of eletric while securing fairly free fairy which is extremely weak to tspikes. I completed this core with Jellicent which is an excellent pokémon against water no rain because I can come trade against Crawdaunt and burn, which will totally ensure against Azu the last bulwark of fairy and which will make it possible to offer the will o wisp to help pult to break against Poison/Steel and Water where Tspikes are generally very little / not at all useful. To finish, I took the classic sweepers of Ghost: Aegi for the very useful typing as well as its capacity to break Steel, Mimikyu for the safety against many matchups as well as Scarf Blacephalon to be able to clean some games.

A potentiel edit of this team is the Sub Wow Cm Hex Spectrier over the Jellicent to have a BIG hex spam but agaisnt roxiee i was really afraid of water so it's why i make this initial choice

Psy:

https://pokepast.es/6c35087aedd5b027

I don't have much to say about this team except that it was planned against Floss and his double fly steel. I just wanted to have good MU against Steel/Fly/Fairy/Dragon and Eletric and I will explain my process here. First of all I was SURE I wanted to play cosmic power mew because it literally autowin any eletric team that don't have toxic on rotom which was not the case of Floss during my scouting so it seemed obvious to me to put this pokémon that by the way could also be very efficient against Fairy and Dragon. After I decided to play a no earthquake glowking because I was very afraid of Goltres in Fly and ice beam could also help against the mu dragon. Finally to adapt the mu against steel I play scorshing sand Victini which will help against steel and flamethrower slowbro.

Steel:

https://pokepast.es/d9e14016cef4e253

This is the team I used against cielau because he was my biggest sparring partner and he knows I hate using Steel. Here the team is very classic and the process is quite simple so I'm not going to talk a lot I use this Melmetal to be able to be good against Fly and Water no rain. The rest of the team is quite classic except for the berry occa on corvi that I find interesting when you don't play Dpulse tran to help against the dark and dragon mu.

https://pokepast.es/09c4f73e5a116714

Here is the only steel I like to pilot and it's the one I used against jon in semi-final. I wanted to play steel because I think everyone had seen jon's FAIRY SPAM and I was also very afraid of getting ice.

Overall I found Specs Aegislash strong against him so I decided to base my team around him. The 6 is classic so I'll just explain my adjustments. AV Melmetal is globally here for the Fly mu, I played skarmory to be able to take advantage of spikes since fairy teams often don't have defog and to have a very efficient way to break steel in a mirror matchup. Finally, since I had a phazer, I played a tran balloon dpulse to help against the mu dragon.

Water:

https://pokepast.es/43dbadf4a778e191

I didn't decide on the call here because at that time leafium really wanted to play Water no rain so I proposed him an idea that decem had played against me (the walrein) and I tried to adjust the team to his liking. So the idea here is very simple as a lot of waters no rain you will abuse future sight + a breaker here Crawdaunt except that in addition to have it you have Walrein which has the ability to totally handicap Kyurem which coupled with Scarf finished and Ibeam Slowbro offers you a perfect mu against dragon. Swampert here has this set to be able to mirror coat the fly embarassing eletrics like Zadpos Specs or Thundurs in order to potentially lure this type. Finally Volcanion is here to manage Steel and Fairy and to be able to manage fairy Crawdaunt has Sludge wave to be able to weaken Bulu and not to offer a free matchup to fairy

https://pokepast.es/8e8a71ca87f31350

Finally, here is my final call against roxiee.
The rain is very classic so I won't explain it very long but the idea was to have something strong overall that has a good mu in general against elec (here barraskewda explodes eletric). The only particularity of the team is that I started with an offensive peli to weaken steel and a Kingdra who only has his stabs to be able to 6-0 dragon at the preview and not to try the miss on hpump when I don't need it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)