Pet Mod Multiverse [Done]

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Winners are here and they are...

:bw/munchlax:
Pokémon: Munchlax
Niche: XY LC - Physically Offensive Tank (Eviolite incompatible)
Stats: 135 HP / 100 Atk (+15)/ 80 Def (+40)/ 60 SpA (+20)/ 100 SpD (+15)/ 65 Spe (+60)
Types: Normal/Fairy
Abilities: Pickup / Thick Fat / Gluttony (HA)
New Moves: Play Rough, Body Press
Removed Moves: Recycle
Justification: With this submission, I challenged myself to figure out what an alternate evolution for Munchlax would be like, a la Branched Potential. So I removed eviolite compatibility and gave it Snorlax’s BST. More specifically, I wondered how I would make a Munchlax evolution, as I have consistently made mons across various pet mods with the purpose of being offensive. From there, I gave it Body Press, like Snorlax has. Then I looked to Munchax’s consistent shortcomings across LC generations. Consistent issues I found included low defense, fighting weakness, Knock Off susceptibility, and lack of resistances. I used an “evolutionary” stat boost to primarily cover defense and give this thing a goddamn speed stat. That said, a major reason I picked XY was for flavoring when adding the fairy typing, which covers the other 3 issues I had listed. I then added a new STAB move to actually utilize the Fairy types’s offensive capability.
:bw/Rhyperior:
Pokémon: Rhyperior
Niche: BW UU (Tank, Physical Breaker)
Stats: 115/140/130/55/65/55 (+10 Spdef +15 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Solid Rock/Steam Engne/Reckless
New Moves: N/A
Removed Moves: N/A

Descriptions: A well needed ground type tank that can actually check Manectric without getting obliterated by super effective coverage (overheat and ice fang). Steam engine amplifys its ability to check fire types and allows rhyperior to turn into a monster when predicting a houndoom or manectrics flamethrower. Added speed is very useful as it lets it outspeed a lot of lower speed mons like notably mawile and golem, while speed tying with omastar and regice, and also enabling rock polish sets to outspeed the fastest mon in the meta, crobat.
:bw/mamoswine:
Pokémon: Mamoswine
Niche: [BW OU] Wallbreaker, Offensive SR Setter
Stats: 110 HP / 130 Atk / 90 Def / 70 SpA / 80 SpD / 80 Spe [BST: 560] (+10 Def, +20 SpD)
Type:

Abilities: Oblivious / Snow Cloak | HA: Thick Fat
New Moves: N/A
Descriptions: Mamoswine goes hard. Most people may buff that speed stat that everyone likes, but tbh I think fast Mamo makes no sense flavor wise is cracked. So I made Mamo much bulkier, so I can tank a n Overheat from Manectric, or adequately check the millions of flying types we got here. Seriously, damn. Either way keep Mamo in your back pocket and Salamence will never 6-0 you.
:ss/froslass:
Pokemon: Frosslass
Niche: SS PU (Choice Band Wallbreaker, Spikes setter)
Type: Ice / Ghost
Ability: Snow Cloak / Cursed Body / Regenerator
Stats: 70 / 100 / 80 / 85 / 80 / 120
Moves: -Thunderbolt, Thunder

Description: Weavile but cooler. Choice Band sets are more reliable thanks to Regenerator and can still set up spikes by forcing switches. Can also be run like a Spikes lead too. Special sets are also an option, although significantly weaker.
:bw/rotom-heat:
Pokémon: Rotom-Heat
Niche: BW UU
Stats: 50/65/107/115/107/91 (535)
Type:

Abilities: Levitate
New Moves: Leaf Burst, Meteor Beam
Removed Moves: Defog

Descriptions: I sub Rotom-H for its ability to check Articuno, Jumpluff, Forretress, Entei, Golem and newcomers Flygon, Regice, Manectric and Salamence. However, it is also checked by Flygon and Salamence and the latter can even use it as set-up fodder. Thanks to its speed, it's also able to check the aforementioned Pokemon.
:dp/rotom-mow:
Pokémon: Rotom-Mow
Niche: [DPP OU] Choice Scarf, Offensive Pivot, Defensive Pivot
Stats: 78 HP / 50 Atk / 107 Def / 109 SpA / 107 SpD / 90 Spe [BST: 541] (+28 HP, +4 SpA, +4 Spe)
Type:

New Moves: Aurora Beam
Removed Moves: Nasty Plot, Defog, Volt Switch
Descriptions: Rotom was the king of DPP OU in regard's to versatility, so I wanted to capture that in a way that is not too demanding on our current sets of Pokémon whioe still being great. So I bumped up it's HP stat, allowing it to tossle with OU attacks much easier. I specifically picked Mow because I saw it as the form with the least likely chance of stepping on the toes of others who mY want to submit future versions of Rotom, while still remaining faithful to the forms that were actually used in OU (Wash, Heat and Mow) at the time. Defog and Nasty Plot where simoly not a thing in DPP and Aurora Beam replicates HP Ice.
:dp/mesprit:
Pokémon: Mesprit
Niche: DP UU (Choice Scarf)
Stats: 80 / 80 / 115 / 120 / 105 / 90
Type:

Removed Moves: Calm Mind
Descriptions: Mesprit in DP could fill a large number of roles, however the one I wanted to focus in on here was its Choice Scarf set. So, a small shift to Mesprit’s stats and moves were in order. Removed Calm Mind to disable that niche, and boosted Mesprit’s Special Attack to compensate. Slight adjustments to the stats have been made elsewhere, slightly boosting Physical Bulk and Speed (time for Mesprit to not get OHKO’d by Salamence). Under Scarf, it can utilize trick to punish both set-up and stall, adopt a pivoting role via U-Turn and Levitate, or boast its rather strong coverage to try and break specific opponents.
:sm/arceus-ground:
Pokémon: Arceus-Ground
Niche: SM Uber
Stats: 95/95/95/95/95/95 (570)
Type:

Abilities: Multitype
New Moves: -
Removed Moves: -

Descriptions: W.I.P.
We gained a lot of Pokemon that shake up the metagame and with that we will not head into the next slate, but rather into a playtesting phase! We want to rebalance the metagame a bit and find out what Pokemon could fit the meta when heading into the next slates. However, before heading into the break, I wanted to do a survey covering some stuff:​

1. We have two Rotoms with this slate and the question is: Should Species Clause affect them or not?
  2. Mawile is a really strong Pokemon so the question here is: Should we nerf Mawile before playtesting? If yes, itself or its item?
  3. Should we buff Victreebel before playtesting?

There are more questions and the three I mentioned go more indepth in the survey, so check it out! The Survey will last 16 hours (since there are already many responses to it)
Here is the Survey!

Last announcement, we have a new Council Member! Welcome Mossy Sandwich! Really looking forward to work with you!

That's it for now, Ciao Servus.​

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:munchlax:
Cool special tank. Normal/Fairy w/ Thick Fat equipped provides a unique and interesting set of switchin opportunities. Curse sets are also very good, I wonder how this Pokémon will shape up versus things like Clefable.

:rhyperior:
I wish it had a little extra SpD, but we are still looking at a strong wallbreaker here. Steam Engine is a hilarious ability on an actual Resist, and will make Pokémon like Houndoom and the newly added Rotom-Heat's life miserable.

:mamoswine:
Salamence will sweep us no more! Anyway, Mamoswine with defensiveutility behind it is a cause to rejoice, as it can finally swap into what it's supposed to beat multiple times throughout a match is cool. The grasses outspeeding it is an intentional design choice but those Pokemon have never been relevant anyway.

:froslass:
A strong wallbreaker that is hard to wear down via Regenerator is a cool concept, and I think will cement itself as a top threat due to at the moment a limited amount of switchins. Munchlax heavily annoys it, but Spikes goes a long way to dampering
on its parade.

:Rotom-Heat:
A great Pokémon that unfortunately got some nasty team mates added in the tier (mainly just Rhyp tbh). It checks Pokemon like Manectric and Golem pretty well, and can soft check the dragons and Mamoswine, some major threats as well. It is sure to shape up as a strong anti meta pick.

:rotom-mow:
A more defensively leaning take on Rorom, having more bulk in exchange for less powee and less offensive utility. I expect WispHex sets to take off just like it's A form in lower tiers, but it's coverage should not be underestimated - Dual STAB + either Aurora Beam or Leaf Storm goes hard in builder.

:mesprit:
A solid utility pick, with Choice Scarf and Nasty Plot potential as well. No solid SE coverage to hit Steels definitely bite it where it hurts (no Mystical Fire Gamefreak????) but hopefully it can hold its own as the tier develops.

:arceus:
Perhaps the overall most influencial winner this slate, Arceus -Ground is a veey strong contender for A+ rank imo. This isn't Silvally-Ground people, having access to Recovery and the wide utility it has is no joke. Swords Dance sets arw also just wxcellent at breaking down defensive cores with a cheeky potential Extreme Speed to bully faster threats. Not sure if CM will be as good though, but I expect great things.

ViZar

your toast is burned
Alright, here are the results of the survey! Thanks for 11 responses in literally a few hours.

Let's get to the questions:

1644134470665.png

This is really clear. We will have an extra rule that acts as a Species Clause for all other Pokemon, but won't affect Rotom. Meaning you will be able to use both Rotom-Mow and Rotom-Heat on the same team. This might be changed, depending how the opinions form with more games, but this is the rule we will have for now.
1644134492232.png

1644135820200.png

Although the opinions about the nerf was split, it was mostly agreed to nerf it in some shape or form. In the second picture, we see the ideas for potential nerfs. The ones with a orange tint are for the item and the ones with the blue tint are for Mawile. We will discuss the changes in the discord server, but we will mainly focus on nerfing the item.
1644135990242.png

1644136020105.png

1644136033851.png

This is pretty unanimous. Victreebel is getting a buff and there were many ideas for a buff, some of them having the same ideas (like adding Taunt or buffing bulk) but all ideas agreed to make it unique from Venusaur.
1644136220671.png

1644136236894.png

These two questions are just to get some feedback from the community about the meta. People are a bit scared about Salamence and Arceus, but they also said that they want to wait until after the playtest for action to be taken, if needed. People also want to see more variation in types, options for defensive and hyper offensive teams and greatness with future slates.

Some other stuff, I forgot to add a question about Snow Cloak and evasion based items and abilities. After seeing that some people who are barely or not even involved in the mod took part in the survey, I'm glad that I didn't include this since the votes could've been wrongly influenced. Anyway, the council agreed to ban Snow Cloak, Lax Incense and Bright Powder. There's no Sand Veil yet, but it will be banned too, if we get it at some point.

With all of that, I encourage you to share your thoughts either here in the thread or in the discord server. I will announce the results for a Mawile nerf and the Victreebel buff, once we have them figured out.

That's it for now,
Ciao Servus

ViZar

your toast is burned
Servus! Just a small update.

For starters Slate 4 is now live on DH. Second we have a nerf for Mawile and a buff for Victreebel

:ss/mawile:
Item turns Intimidate into Huge Power

Getting an Intimidate and +2 Atk off immediately, every time it switches in too much. It had many opportunities to come in and pretty much get a free hit on anything. With this nerf, it just as Huge Power from the start and acts more like a mega. We hope that it will be enough, but further playtests will let us know if it deserves another nerf or not.

:rb/victreebel:
Grass/Dark know, -10 Atk, +10 Spe, +Dark Pulse, +Strength Sap, +Sharp Leaves (Auto Crit Razor Leaf)

It is quite unfortunate for Victreebel to be introduced in the same slate as Venusaur, since it only had 2 things going for it, that weren't phenomenal things either. It had Sucker Punch from a slightly higher Atk and Flytrap allowed it to trap and that's it. With its new typing and speed, it has more opportunities to fire off attacks and it has a STAB now that differentiates itself from Venusaur. Further more it gained Strength Sap for recovery and it got an Auto Crit to abuse alongside Sniper. This gives Victreebel for reason to use it other Venusaur, but Venusaur isn't outclassed by any means. Both are specially bulky, check Waters and Grounds and while Victreebel has STAB Knock Off, Sucker Punch, an Auto Crit move and Flytrap for trapping, Venusaur has better coverage and Slack Off which is better for facing special attackers. There's now a reason to use both, without one completely killing the others viability.

That's it for now,
Ciao Servus

ViZar

your toast is burned
Welp, the Viability Ranking never happened and people were literally exploding with ideas, so I'll open the next slate.

:ss/serperior::ss/emboar::ss/samurott:
Slate 5: The Return

Pick up to 8 Generation 2 Pokemon and submit any niche you want. The first post still provides a guide on how to submit.

Code:
[B]Pokémon[/B]:
[B]Niche[/B]:
[B]Stats[/B]:
[B]Type[/B]: [IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/.png[/IMG][IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/.png[/IMG]
[B]Abilities[/B]:
[B]New Moves[/B]:
[B]Removed Moves[/B]:

[B]Descriptions[/B]:

Submission will close on Sunday (20th February) at 4 pm (GMT +1)​

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:ss/whimsicott:

Pokémon: Whimsicott
Niche: [SS PU] Sun Sweeper, Offensive Pivot, Defensive Pivot
Stats: 80 HP / 67 Atk / 85 Def / 97 SpA / 75 SpD / 116 Spe [BST: 540] (+20 HP, +10 Def, +10 SpA)
Type:

Abilities: Chlorophyll / Prankster | HA: Infiltrator
New Moves: Growth, Thunder Wave, Leaf Storm
Descriptions: Whimsicott primarily functions as a fast paced offensive threat

:sm/hydreigon:

Pokémon: Hydreigon
Niche: [SM UU] Special Wallbreaker
Stats: 92 HP / 105 Atk / 90 Def / 125 SpA / 90 SpD / 98 Spe [BST: 600]
Type:

New Moves: Sludge Bomb
Removed Moves: Nasty Plot
Descriptions: WIP

:bw/larvesta:

Pokémon: Larvesta [Eviolite Compatible]
Niche: [BW LC] Offensive Pivot, Defensive Pivot
Stats: 85 HP / 117 Atk / 85 Def / 63 SpA / 105 SpD / 60 Spe [BST: 515] (+30 HP, +32 Atk, +30 Def, +13 SpA, +50 SpD)
Type:

Abilities: Flame Body | HA: Swarm
New Moves: Flaming Dance*
Physical Fiery Dance that boosts Atk.

:bw/alomomola:

Pokémon: Alomomola
Niche: [BW UU] Physical Wall, Defensive Pivot
Stats: 165 HP / 95 Atk / 80 Def / 40 SpA / 55 SpD / 65 Spe [BST: 530] (+20 Atk, +10 SpD)
Type:

Abilities: Healer / Hydration | HA: Regenerator
New Moves: Flip Turn

:bw/druddigon:

Pokémon: Druddigon
Niche: [SS PU] Defensive Pivot, Mixed Wallbreaker, Physical Wallbreaker
Stats: 87 HP / 125 Atk / 90 Def / 75 SpA / 90 SpD / 48 Spe [BST: 525] (+10 HP, +5 Atk, +15 SpA)
Type:

Abilities: Rough Skin / Mold Breaker | HA: Sheer Force
New Moves: Roost, Thunderbolt, Sludge Wave

:sm/lilligant:
Pokémon: Lilligant
Niche: [SM NU] Set Up Sweeper
Stats: 85 HP / 65 Atk / 75 Def / 110 SpA / 75 SpD / 90 Spe [BST: 515] (+10l5 HP, +5 Atk)
Type:

Abilities: Own Tempo | HA: Chlorophyll
New Moves: Mud Shot
Custom Item: Lilligium Z - Boosts the power of the first Normal Attack used by 30% and removes all effects (secondary effects, recharge turns, etc)

Last edited:
“Who’s uploading to Smogon at 3 AM?”
72E3A3F6-A7C9-4D44-AEDE-2B9ED4ADAD95.jpeg

mmm, monkey
:bw/simisage:
Pokémon: Simisage
Niche: XY PU - Special Setup Sweeper
Stats: 76 HP (+1)/ 90 Atk (-8)/ 81 Def (+18)/ 111 SpA (+13)/ 81 SpD (+18)/ 101 Spe
Types: Grass/Normal
Abilities: Gluttony, Technician, Overgrow (HA)
New Moves: Hyper Voice, Swift, Icy Wind, Ancient Power, Aura Sphere
Justification: The few times I have seen Simisage used competitively, I don't think I've ever seen a special attacking set, which is why I was surprised to see one on the Smogon list. Something else I haven't seen before is a special attacker with Technician, but a special Simisage's usage of both Hidden Power Rock and Hidden Power Ice allows me to buff the BP of some gimmicky-ass moves in Ancient Power and Icy Wind, respectively. Conveniently, these both mess with Flying types, the most common type in this mod. Icy Wind also helps this not get walled by bulkier grass mons and helps this hit Flygon. I also added a couple of STAB moves for this pokemon's new Normal typing, so you can use Swift on Technician sets and Hyper Voice on anything else. I also added Aura Sphere for a lower power but higher accuracy alternative for Focus Blast. That said, not all of these moves may be utilized due to the usefulness of Giga Drain on Life Orb sets and Energy Ball with any other item, as well as Nasty Plot being Nasty Plot

MMM, MONKEY
:bw/darmanitan:
Pokémon: Darmanitan
Niche: XY UU - Physical Wallbreaker
Stats: 105 HP / 120 Atk (-20)/ 65 Def (+10)/ 30 SpA / 65 SpD (+10)/ 95 Spe
Types: Fire/Ground
Abilities: Sheer Force, Rock Head (HA)
Removed Moves: Superpower
Justification: This plays a lot like literally any Darmanitan. The only major differences are Earthquake becoming a STAB move and Superpower no longer being available. Otherwise, it's marginally bulkier, and no longer immediately implodes to Stealth Rock which makes pivoting a bit easier. Pivoting’s a bit more important now that you have a 4x weakness to water moves as well.

“Clawliwrath, Clawliwrath never changes”
:bw/keldeo:
Pokémon: Keldeo
Niche: SS UU - Special Setup Sweeper
Stats: 90 HP (-1)/ 70 Atk (-2)/ 90 Def / 120 SpA (-9)/ 90 SpD / 100 Spe (-8)
Types: Water/Fighting
Ability: Rattled
Justification: Given how Keldeo is only a tier below OU in SS because of other Pokémon, I opted to not change much about the way this mon works. No new moves, so you’ll be using a rotation of Calm Mind, Scald, Secret Sword, Substitute, and Icy Wind. Reduced stats a bit to better fit the meta and ensure there are enough fast mons to check this. That said, I gave it an ability that it can actually use, so it could end up becoming a nightmare for speed tiers if it switches into the right move.

WHIMSICOTT!!!
:bw/whimsicott:
Niche: SS PU - Utility
Stats: 70 HP (+10)/ 87 Atk (+20)/ 95 Def (+10)/ 87 SpA (+10)/ 95 SpD (+20)/ 116 Spe
Types: Fairy/Dark
Abilities: Prankster, Infiltrator, Unburden (HA)
New Moves: Rapid Spin
Justification: I made Whimsicott a mixed attacker. Not by virtue of many moves, but by the fact that Moonblast and Knock Off are probably this pokemon's best offensive moves. You also get Play Rough but I'm not sure how consistent the move will end up being. The other moves you'll likely use on this set are Rapid Spin and U-Turn. This mod currently only has one Rapid Spinner and it's Forretress, which I have seen literally nobody talk about here. Fairy types are becoming more relevant in the mod, and I thought that with this upcoming wave of Fairy types should be a good Rapid Spinner. This works best with Infiltrator or even potentially Unburden. For a set centered around Prankster like the base of my submission, you could replace Knock Off with Encore and Rapid Spin with Defog.

Hors
:bw/blitzle:
Pokémon: Blitzle
Niche: SM LC - All-out Attacker
Stats: 69 HP (+24)/ 109 Atk (+49)/ 60 Def (+28)/ 90 SpA (+40)/ 60 SpD +28)/ 109 Spe (+33)
Type: Electric
Abilities: Steadfast, Reckless, Sap Sipper (HA)
New Moves: Flare Blitz, Wood Hammer
Justification: In the process of attempting to make a physical electric mon viable without a signature move in this mod, I looked to Zebstrika for this generation. I then checked Smogon and learned because Wild Charge on its own is so fucking bad, Zebstrika doesn’t even have a Smogon set with it. However, its pre-evo does, and that’s what I’m using. Note that this is our last chance until gen 8 to do something like this because the 3 physical electric mons before it either have a signature move or have Galvanize. This mon runs a set of something like Wild Charge, Flame Charge, Hidden Power Grass, and Volt Switch. Given this Pokémon’s speed stat as well as the option for Steadfast, I opted to give it a move with way more damage so it’s Fire move slot would remain useful. I also did away with the heavy special attack investment this Pokémon usually has by turning HP Grass into Wood Hammer, which is what you’re using if you’re unfortunately up against Flygon. I used Reckless to boost the damage of Wild Charge and make it an actual decent move, but the two recoil coverage moves I gave it helps to share the wealth a bit. Since I mentioned the other two, your last ability is Sap Sipper to switch in on grass mons and Flare Blitz. Of course, this also gets Volt Switch, which is the only reason I made the base special attack higher, so enjoy that.

Last edited:
:sm/klinklang:
Pokémon: Klinklang
Niche: (SM NU Shift Gear Sweeper)
Stats: 85/115/115/90/85/90 (+25 hp, +15 atk, + 20 spatk)
Type:

Abilities: Defiant | Prankster
New Moves: Meteor Mash
Removed Moves:

Descriptions: A cool shift gear sweeper for the tier. Defiant becomes an upgraded clear body that discourages manectric from coming in, while prankster lets klinklang use magnet rise more effectively, even against faster mons. Gave it the electric typing cause this Pokémon had to run wild charge for coverage.

:bw/Keldeo:
Niche: (Bw Ou) Special Breaker
Stats: 91/72/90/129/90/108
Type:

Abilities: Justified
New Moves: N/a
Removed Moves: Flip Tirn

Descriptions: A good ol wall breaker, an amazing mon in bw ou. Hates mew though.

:bw/Musharna:
Pokémon: Musharna
Niche: (BW NU, Supporting pivot, Cm sweeper, status spreader)
Stats: 116/55/85/107/95/29
Type:
1645293319965.png

Abilities: Magic Bounce/Forewarn | Telepathy
New Moves: Teleport, Abstract Dream
Removed Moves:
Custom Elements: Abstract Dream -
1645292805353.png
20 pp (32 Max) Has a 33% chance to either burn, badly poison, or paralyze the target.

Descriptions: Pretty simple mon, to check some mons and and add good support for your team. Added teleport to replicate baton pass which it used for pivoting, and recover as a buffed moonlight. Magic Bounce acts as sort of a buffed synchronize, making toxic users wary of clicking it, and helping your team by discouraging hazards. Abstract Dream is a refrence to how it chose between running yawn/twave/and toxic, now putting them all into one, and sort of helping mushys passiveness by threatening mons with a chance to get inflicted with a status. Dark types are immune, however, since it’s a psychic type move. (And yes, I stole DuoM2’s rainbow powder idea from two step mons) Fairy typing because dazzling gleam and one of the main reasons to run mushy was to counter fighting types and everything has knock now a days so it helps it with that. Also makes it fear dark types a lot less and differs it from Mesprit a bit more.

:bw/Bouffalant:
Pokémon: Bouffalant
Niche: (BW RU, Physical Breaker)
Stats: 100/110/100/40/100/55
Type:

Abilities: Reckless/Sap Sipper | Rock Head
New Moves: Quick Attack, Head Smash
Removed Moves:

Descriptions: To be honest, not much needs to be changed about Bouffalant to keep its original niche in BW OU, as a nasty breaker that can also counter grass types. First I boosted its stats, to make it more bulky , then I gave it rock head if it wants to click those recoiless head charges more. Added Rock typing + head smash is as a alternative to stone edge, and makes sap sipper more appealing. Finnaly, quick attack makes it not useless against offense.

Attachments

Last edited:
:bw/alomomola:
Pokémon: Alomomola
Niche: BW NU and every gen after - Wish Passer, Wall
Stats: 165/75/80/75/45/65 BST: 505 (+35 Sp. Atk)
Type:

Abilities: Healer, Hydration, Regenerator (HA)
New Moves: Alomomola's Gen 7 moveset
Moonblast, Play Rough
Removed Moves:

Descriptions: Alomomola joins Multiverse as a stellar wall and wish passer that happens to be a Water-type in a meta where we also need options for defensive teams. Alomomola fits the bill almost too perfectly, and aside from a boost to it's offenses to match it's Atk, and a slight boost to it's Sp. Def to match it's speed (and to not make it too easy to get whittled down by Special Attackers), it's excellent Water/Fairy typing (which was also suggested as types the meta needs) is all it needs to wall some of the big hitters, like Flygon, Houndoom, and Salamence, and it's monstrous HP stat allows it to pass big Wishes on to it's teammates with ease.

:xy/serperior:
Pokémon: Serperior
Niche: XY OU and every gen after - Setup Sweeper
Stats: 75/75/95/75/95/113 BST: 528
Type:

Abilities: Overgrow, Contrary (HA)
New Moves: Serperior's Gen 7 moveset
+ Flame Burst
Removed Moves:

Descriptions: Serperior has one goal in life and one goal only; to sweep, and Serperior can do that all in one. With Contrary and Leaf Storm it doesn't need to use a turn to set up and can simply start sweeping right away, and its excellent 113 Spd allows it to outpace the crucial 100, 110, and 111 (Murkrow) Spd benchmarks. The biggest flaw with Serperior in vanilla is it's lack of notable coverage, but in Multiverse it will keep a small fraction of that with access to one move, Flame Burst, which still allows it to hit Steel-types and opposing Grass-types. This makes it an excellent choice for specifically HO teams, something that people want the meta to have, as a late-game sweeper, however Flame Burst makes it so that it's forced to run Dragon Pulse, otherwise it will be walled by the strong Dragon-types of the tier, and both Flying-types and Fire-types can still shrug off it's attack.

:bw/mienfoo:
Pokémon: Mienfoo (Eviolite Incompatible)
Niche: BW LC and every gen after - Defensive Pivot
Stats: 105/100/95/55/90/95 BST: 540 (+60 HP, +15 Atk, +45 Def, +40 Sp. Def, +30 Spd)
Type:

Abilities: Inner Focus, Reckless, Regenerator (HA)
New Moves: Mienfoo's Gen 8 moveset + all its dexited moves
Removed Moves:

Descriptions: Mienfoo was and still is LC's most ubiquitous and influential Pokemon. It was practically the poster child of LC and ever since Vullaby was banned Mienfoo has reign supreme as LC's King and has ruled over it with an iron fist. In it's transition to Multiverse it will not keep the title of King, however it will still maintain a part of what made it so dangerous and so difficult to handle in LC; it's defensive prowess with Regenerator. A big boost to its defenses as well as a slight boost to its offense really fits it into the niche of a defensive pivot and makes it a solid check to mons like Forretress, Houndoom, and Omastar, to name a few. It's inability to hold Eviolite is a blessing as it can run something more useful with it's good bulk with something like Leftovers, Assault Vest, or Heavy Duty Boots.

:bw/eelektross:
Pokémon: Eelektross
Niche: BW NU and every gen after - Mixed Attacker, Bulky Pivot
Stats: 95/115/80/115/80/50 BST: 535 (+10 HP, +10 Sp. Atk)
Type:

New Moves: Eelektross' Gen 7 moveset
+ Gunk Shot, Pain Split, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave
Removed Moves:

Descriptions: Eelektross has always been an excellent mon in the lower tiers, and it's not hard to see why. Good offenses with no weaknesses and coverage that many Pokemon are immensely jealous of. In order for Eelektross to survive in the much harsher environment of Multiverse it needed a few more tools. Eelektross as Electric/Poison gives it an incredible defensive typing and it's new moves were added to supplement this change. Aside from a slight increase to it's HP and a slight increase to Sp. Atk to match it's Atk, this is all Eelektross really needs to become a big pain for most teams to deal with. In truth though, Eelektross' real hidden agenda is to act as a solid check to the ever popular Flying-types of the tier, specifically the infamous Salamence, a mon that a lot of people are wary about and want answers ASAP, and Eelektross is definitely a mon that Salamence has to be wary of.

:xy/sawsbuck:
Pokémon: Sawsbuck
Niche: XY NU - Swords Dance Sweeper
Stats: 80/110/90/60/80/125 BST: 545 (+10 Atk, +20 Def, +10 Sp. Def, +30 Spd)
Type:

Abilities: Chlorophyll, Sap Sipper, No Guard (HA)
New Moves: Sawsbuck's Gen 7 moveset
+ Body Slam, Close Combat, High Jump Kick, Mega Kick
Removed Moves:

Descriptions: Sawsbuck functions as a fast mid- or late- game sweeper that can break past teams with Swords Dance and has very good offenses, with a better dual STAB typing and better offensive moves to fit it. Added moves like Close Combat and Body Slam give it more consistency, while No Guard makes High Jump Kick more reliable and can utilize powerful Mega Kicks. Also a much needed boost to it's offensive stats complete the mon and make it on par with the power level of the meta. Specifically, Sawsbuck can threaten mons like Clefable, Omastar, Regice, and Mamoswine while still being able to handle more frailer offensive teams.

Last edited:

Pokémon: Shelmet (No eviolite)
Niche: BW LC - Unaware Wall
Stats: 75 / 75 / 120 / 75 / 80 / 25 (+25 HP, +35 Atk, +30 Def, +35 SpA +15 SpDef)
Type:
Bug
Water

Abilities: Unaware / Overcoat / Shell Armor
New Moves: Flip Turn, Surf, Razor Shell, Liquidation, Ice Beam
Removed Moves:

Description: Looking at the role compendium made me realise we hadn’t subbed an unaware user yet. I chose to give it to Shelmet, as his niche used to be to check attack-boosting fighting types with its naturally high bulk and Acid Armor. I modeled its stats after Quagsire : it is slightly more bulky on the physical side, but less specially. Its double-typing means it can easily switch-in to fighting and most importantly ground and ice type attacks, reliably checking Mamoswine, Froslass, and physical Flygon ; however its weaknesses to Flying and Electric, of which the tier has many representatives, means it shouldn’t be too hard to deal with. Its natural access to Recover and Spikes solidify its role as a Pokemon that can come in and provide utility throughout the match. I didn’t give it Scald because I’m kinda bored of defensive waters using it ; instead, it gets a very slow flip turn, and Ice Beam for coverage.

Pokémon: Bisharp
Niche: BW UU - Set-up Sweeper, Pursuit Trapper
Stats: 65 / 125 / 100 / 60/ 70 / 75 (+5 Spe)
Type:
Dark
Steel

Abilities: Defiant / Inner Focus / Pressure
New Moves: Pursuit
Removed Moves: Knock Off

Description: Just… Bisharp. I removed Knock Off so Victreebel keeps that exclusivity in the tier, which isn’t incoherent considering it hadn’t been buffed yet in gen 5. Swords Dance sets are very threatening, and can beat Breloom on the switch-in if it doesn’t have Mach Punch thanks to a small speed bump. Hopefully Pokemon like Magby and Entei could benefit from this addition as they can revenge kill it relatively easily. Its Sucker Punch is one of the best priorities of the tier, and it can serve as a great Froslass check.

Pokémon: Beheeyem
Niche: SS PU - Trick Room Sweeper, Slow Pivot
Stats: 95 / 75 / 105 / 125 / 110 / 35 (+20 HP, +35 Def, +15 SpDef, -5 Spe)
Type:
Psychic
Fire

Abilities: Prism Armor / Synchronize / Cerebral*
New Moves: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Volt Switch
Removed Moves:
Custom Elements: Cerebral*: This Pokemon’s attacks have 1*3 power if its speed is lower than its opponent.

Description: Though it doesn’t look much like og Beheeyem anymore, I think this version of it could help recreate the threat of a self-setting Trick Room sweeper, its main role throughout its history in the lower tiers thanks to Nasty Plot and high SpA. Fire Type is here to replace its usage of hidden powers to hit steels, and its altered ability basically is an Analytic that also procs in Trick Room. I also gave it bulk and Prism Armor to allow for its more recent playstyle, with Future Sight, Teleport and Recover, to be an option, in which case it can run HDB.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
:xy/stoutland:
Pokémon: Stoutland
Niche: ORAS PU
Stats: 85/120/90/45/90/80 (510)
Type:

Abilities: Intimidate / Sand Rush / Scrappy (HA)
New Moves: Bring Sticks (Pursuit clone), Return

Descriptions: Another Normal-type, but this one is faster and stronger and can beat up Ghosts with Scrappy. Intimidate makes it a better physical tank and Sand Rush makes it a great late game sweeper. Clefable and Munchlax are better special walls and Clefable can support with Knock Off, Stealth Rock and Status while Munchlax is a Fairy and is bulkier than Stouland doesn't run Intimidate. There are also Pokemon in this meta that check it well with Rhyperior, Forretress and Arceus.

:sm/kyurem-black:
Pokémon: Kyurem-Black
Niche: SM OU
Stats: 110/140/90/100/70/90 (600)
Type:

Abilities: Teravolt
Removed Moves: Icicle Spear, Freeze-Dry, Dragon Dance
Custom Item: Freeze Crystal (Freeze Shock gains 1.5x power but looses every effect)

Descriptions: Mamoswine and Froslass are great Ice-types, with Articuno and Regice being decent too but where does Kyurem fit in? Kyurem-B has great mixed offenses and good bulk coupled with Roost. Regice is bulkier but lacks recovery and Articuno can struggle to beat its checks. Kyurem-B has a nice defensive typing (compared to other Ice combinations) and can fire back with strong attacks, especially a Freeze Crystal boosted Freeze Shock.

:bw/genesect:
Pokémon: Genesect
Niche: BW Uber
Stats: 71/90/95/90/95/89 (530)
Type:

Abilities: Download

Descriptions: Beware, the dreaded Genesect, albeit a nerfed one. Base 90 Offenses are a lot easier to deal with when obtaining a free boost and its speed tier, while still solid, isn't as great as 99 in this meta. It is slower than every other common Scarfer, namely Mesprit, both Rotoms and Flygon. Venusaur and Victreebel can use Scarf and Genesect can beat them, but those two are extremely rare. Other than that, it is a regular old Genesect.

:bw/landorus:
Pokémon: Landorus
Stats: 89/105/80/85/80/101 (540)
Type:

Abilities: Sand Force / Sheer Force (HA)
New Moves: Chill Burst

Descriptions:

:xy/thundurus:
Pokémon: Thundurus
Niche: ORAS OU
Stats: 79/105/70/117/70/109 (550)
Type:

Abilities: Prankster / Defiant (HA)

Descriptions:

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
Vetoes first
:xy/serperior:
Pokémon: Serperior
Niche: XY OU and every gen after - Setup Sweeper
Stats: 75/75/95/75/95/113 BST: 528
Type:

Abilities: Overgrow, Contrary (HA)
New Moves: Serperior's Gen 7 moveset
+ Ice Burst, Flame Birst
Removed Moves:

Descriptions: Serperior has one goal in life and one goal only; to sweep, and Serperior can do that all in one. With Contrary and Leaf Storm it doesn't need to use a turn to set up and can simply start sweeping right away, and its excellent 113 Spd allows it to outpace the crucial 100, 110, and 111 (Murkrow) Spd benchmarks. The biggest flaw with Serperior in vanilla is it's lack of notable coverage, but in Multiverse with the addition of the Burst skills to mimic Hidden Powers Serperior has just the coverage it needs to beat out mons like Salamence and Flygon. This makes it an excellent choice for specifically HO teams, something that people want the meta to have, as a late-game sweeper and makes Serperior a big threat.
You mentioned that Serperior is a strong mon that is held back by its lacking coverage, so giving it two great coverage moves that can stack on the same set, without its best not being around is honestly not the smartest move. Just remove the Burst moves, it's fine otherwise.

MMM, MONKEY
:bw/darmanitan:
Pokémon: Darmanitan
Niche: XY UU - Physical Wallbreaker
Stats: 105 HP / 135 Atk (-5)/ 65 Def (+10)/ 30 SpA / 65 SpD (+10)/ 100 Spe (+5)
Types: Fire/Ground
Abilities: Sheer Force, Rock Head (HA)
New Moves: Leaf Blade, Wood Hammer
Removed Moves: Superpower
Justification: This plays a lot like literally any Darmanitan. The only major differences are that it uses a Grass coverage move instead of Superpower and it shouldn’t use Rock Slide much due to its alternative in Earthquake becoming a STAB move. Otherwise, it's marginally bulkier, and no longer immediately implodes to Stealth Rock which makes pivoting a bit easier. Your Grass move likely depends on the ability you're using, which is important as it serves as coverage against Water types, which this is 4x weak to. However, if Grass coverage moves prove to be ineffective, then U-Turn may serve as a good alternative.
This thing is broken. Remember that Darmanitan is balanced by its lower than average speed, SR weakness and not having enough moves to abuse its ability fully. Life Orb Darm is weaker than Specs Houndoom but SpecsDoom has a SR weakness and not enough tools to beat its checks reliably. I would lower its Attack and a bit of its speed while removing the Grass moves (those are overkill anyway)

You have 22h to fix them and voting starts (kinda late on this post). Submissions are closed too.

ViZar

your toast is burned
vetoes have been adjusted, now copypaste

It's time to vote now! There is an extended explanation for the Voting rules below, but I'll provide you a TL;DR version.
  • Vote for a maximum of 8 submission (you can vote for less, but 8 is recommended)​
  • 2 Self Votes are allowed but they can't be 1st place​
  • Specify which sub you are voting for! Either by mentioning its niche or submitter​

Voting is pretty easy to understand. You have to vote for 8 Pokemon (more or less votes will not count) and they have to be ordered (meaning the 1st place has more points than the 8th place) and Self Votes are allowed, but they can't be 1st place and you can only vote for yourself 2 times. When voting for a Pokemon, you should also mention its niche, cause this makes it clearer when a Pokemon has been subbed more than once. If there are two subs which cover the same Pokemon and the same Niche, then mention the name of the submitter as well.
Person A submitted: :venusaur::kangaskhan::chansey::zapdos::exeggutor::alakazam::moltres:(bw ru):starmie:(ss nu)
Person B submitted: :snorlax::charizard::starmie:(adv ou):articuno::arcanine: (This person only submitted 5 mons, which is okay)
Person C submitted: :blastoise::persian::beedrill::marowak::dragonite::slowbro::tentacruel::moltres:(bw ru)
  1. :beedrill: (ORAS UU)​
  2. :Venusaur:(DPP UU) (SV)​
  3. :Zapdos: (RBY OU) (SV)​
  4. :moltres: (BW RU from Person C)​
  5. :starmie: (ADV OU)​
  6. :charizard: (SM OU)​
  7. :slowbro: (RBY OU)​
  8. :dragonite: (DPP OU)​

You can vote for every submission. Voting will end on Friday at 4 pm, GMT+1. Good Luck!

ViZar

your toast is burned
Servus, here are the winners.

:xy/stoutland:
Pokémon: Stoutland
Niche: ORAS PU
Stats: 85/120/90/45/90/80 (510)
Type:

Abilities: Intimidate / Sand Rush / Scrappy (HA)
New Moves: Bring Sticks (Pursuit clone), Return

Descriptions: Another Normal-type, but this one is faster and stronger and can beat up Ghosts with Scrappy. Intimidate makes it a better physical tank and Sand Rush makes it a great late game sweeper. Clefable and Munchlax are better special walls and Clefable can support with Knock Off, Stealth Rock and Status while Munchlax is a Fairy and is bulkier than Stouland doesn't run Intimidate. There are also Pokemon in this meta that check it well with Rhyperior, Forretress and Arceus.
:bw/Musharna:
Pokémon: Musharna
Niche: (BW NU, Supporting pivot, Cm sweeper, status spreader)
Stats: 116/55/85/107/95/29
Type:
View attachment 407813
Abilities: Magic Bounce/Forewarn | Telepathy
New Moves: Teleport, Abstract Dream
Removed Moves:
Custom Elements: Abstract Dream -
View attachment 407811 20 pp (32 Max) Has a 33% chance to either burn, badly poison, or paralyze the target.

Descriptions: Pretty simple mon, to check some mons and and add good support for your team. Added teleport to replicate baton pass which it used for pivoting, and recover as a buffed moonlight. Magic Bounce acts as sort of a buffed synchronize, making toxic users wary of clicking it, and helping your team by discouraging hazards. Abstract Dream is a refrence to how it chose between running yawn/twave/and toxic, now putting them all into one, and sort of helping mushys passiveness by threatening mons with a chance to get inflicted with a status. Dark types are immune, however, since it’s a psychic type move. (And yes, I stole DuoM2’s rainbow powder idea from two step mons) Fairy typing because dazzling gleam and one of the main reasons to run mushy was to counter fighting types and everything has knock now a days so it helps it with that. Also makes it fear dark types a lot less and differs it from Mesprit a bit more.
:ss/whimsicott:

Niche: [SS PU] Sun Sweeper, Offensive Pivot, Defensive Pivot
Stats: 80 HP / 67 Atk / 85 Def / 97 SpA / 75 SpD / 116 Spe [BST: 540] (+20 HP, +10 Def, +10 SpA)
Type:

Abilities: Chlorophyll / Prankster | HA: Infiltrator
New Moves: Growth, Thunder Wave, Leaf Storm
Descriptions: Whimsicott primarily functions as a fast paced offensive threat
:bw/eelektross:
Pokémon: Eelektross
Niche: BW NU and every gen after - Mixed Attacker, Bulky Pivot
Stats: 95/115/80/115/80/50 BST: 535 (+10 HP, +10 Sp. Atk)
Type:

New Moves: Eelektross' Gen 7 moveset
+ Gunk Shot, Pain Split, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave
Removed Moves:

Descriptions: Eelektross has always been an excellent mon in the lower tiers, and it's not hard to see why. Good offenses with no weaknesses and coverage that many Pokemon are immensely jealous of. In order for Eelektross to survive in the much harsher environment of Multiverse it needed a few more tools. Eelektross as Electric/Poison gives it an incredible defensive typing and it's new moves were added to supplement this change. Aside from a slight increase to it's HP and a slight increase to Sp. Atk to match it's Atk, this is all Eelektross really needs to become a big pain for most teams to deal with. In truth though, Eelektross' real hidden agenda is to act as a solid check to the ever popular Flying-types of the tier, specifically the infamous Salamence, a mon that a lot of people are wary about and want answers ASAP, and Eelektross is definitely a mon that Salamence has to be wary of.
:sm/hydreigon:

Pokémon: Hydreigon
Niche: [SM UU] Special Wallbreaker
Stats: 92 HP / 105 Atk / 90 Def / 125 SpA / 90 SpD / 98 Spe [BST: 600]
Type:

New Moves: Sludge Bomb
Removed Moves: Nasty Plot
:bw/landorus:
Pokémon: Landorus
Stats: 89/105/80/85/80/101 (540)
Type:

Abilities: Sand Force / Sheer Force (HA)

Descriptions:
“Clawliwrath, Clawliwrath never changes”
:bw/keldeo:
Niche: SS UU - Special Setup Sweeper
Stats: 90 HP (-1)/ 70 Atk (-2)/ 90 Def / 120 SpA (-9)/ 90 SpD / 100 Spe (-8)
Types: Water/Fighting
Ability: Rattled
Justification: Given how Keldeo is only a tier below OU in SS because of other Pokémon, I opted to not change much about the way this mon works. No new moves, so you’ll be using a rotation of Calm Mind, Scald, Secret Sword, Substitute, and Icy Wind. Reduced stats a bit to better fit the meta and ensure there are enough fast mons to check this. That said, I gave it an ability that it can actually use, so it could end up becoming a nightmare for speed tiers if it switches into the right move.
:bw/genesect:
Pokémon: Genesect
Stats: 71/90/95/90/95/89 (530)
Type:

Abilities: Download

Descriptions: Beware, the dreaded Genesect, albeit a nerfed one. Base 90 Offenses are a lot easier to deal with when obtaining a free boost and its speed tier, while still solid, isn't as great as 99 in this meta. It is slower than every other common Scarfer, namely Mesprit, both Rotoms and Flygon. Venusaur and Victreebel can use Scarf and Genesect can beat them, but those two are extremely rare. Other than that, it is a regular old Genesect.
This slate really shakes up the metagame with a lot of power creep coming our way. For the next slate it is recommended to submit more defensive Pokemon since we lack a lot of solid backbone. With that said...

:ss/chesnaught::ss/delphox::ss/greninja:
Slate 6: Calm before the Storm

Pick up to 8 Generation 2 Pokemon and submit any niche you want. The first post still provides a guide on how to submit.

Code:
[B]Pokémon[/B]:
[B]Niche[/B]:
[B]Stats[/B]:
[B]Type[/B]: [IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/.png[/IMG][IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/.png[/IMG]
[B]Abilities[/B]:
[B]New Moves[/B]:
[B]Removed Moves[/B]:

[B]Descriptions[/B]:

Submission will close on Wednesday (2nd March) at 4 pm (GMT +1)​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)