Rejected MTG Style Formats

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Gen 8, keep the OU, UU, etc. that limit the Pokemon to the ones only found in Sword/Shield with Dynamax. Call that Standard. Add an additional list that adds all the Pokemon from the previous gens and have its own OU, UU, etc., make only the gigantamax Pokemon able too do so counting as a Mega Evolution, add back the Z-Moves and call it Legacy. Standard would be closer to VGC and the actual game and Legacy is closer to the metagame People wanted on Smogon.

To limit it so the Pokemon that received it don't lose it. Just my thoughts and opinion.
I mean why the f*** would it count as a mega evolution? The two mechanics aren't remotely related. And why would dynamaxing as a whole be removed? Other than it possibly being broken and banworthy.

I mean why the f*** would it count as a mega evolution? The two mechanics aren't remotely related. And why would dynamaxing as a whole be removed? Other than it possibly being broken and banworthy.
More so to simplify it for the coders, bring the meta closer to the old way and to reel in some of the more 'problematic' Dynamaxing on some of the old, stronger Pokemon. Again, my personal opinion.

bring the meta closer to the old way
Jesus, it seems like no one clamoring for a nat dex meta has any concept of time. Why should USUM be the meta to emulate? Why not bring back shit like Cosplay Pikachu, Partner Eevee, gems, and gen 1 Hyper Beam mechanics?

The only change for the nat dex meta should be that no Pokemon is prevented from being transferred just for not being in the Galar dex. None of this crap about bringing back old side mechanics.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
We don't take format suggestions here, and this thread is getting heated so I'm locking this.

We WILL have a nat dex format. We (smogon leadership) are working out the details, and will also need time to decide on undefined mechanics as well. I don't have details on how undefined mechanics will be decided on at this time. Please be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)