Movesets for 5 and 6 star raids?

Building up Iron Hands was the best thing I ever did tbh. It sucks when you run into something that resists his types (or, worse, can hit you SE) but BD/DP/Wild Charge/Coverage is nice. I use Earthquake. I'd love to switch around the coverage move more often but Oops TMs Are Atrocious To Use In This Game.
But otherwise it just clears out raids sooooooooooo easily. I have ejoyed raids significantly more because of it, i do them a lot.

I also wound up building a Ting-Lu, for some reason. I wouldn't recommend that per say but a bulky strong attacker that weakens special attacks has its charms Also fun fact: it & krookodile completely invalidate Raid Gothitelles

Realistically speaking you're looking to have relatively bulky mons that have some sort of recovery and (possibly) can't be hit supereffectively.

Usually my go-to are Iron Hands, Magnezone (no recovery, but is chonky with a ton of resists), Miraidon (parabolic charge is a thing), and Sylveon, but there's a lot of bulky mons work. Avoid things that rely on ability or are vulnerable to status for obvious reasons.
The AI will always cast one defensive cheer right away so it helps with making already bulky mons even bulkier.
I am not a huge fan of Belly Drum stuff mainly due to how it gets invalidated by the buff negation pulse and you risk finding yourself at half HP.

Also do note that certain raids are just not worth bothering with: Annihilape for example is more trouble than it's worth (expecially if it rolls Defiant and the AI just ends up buffing the heck out of it).

Could I get tips since I don't have the Nintendo Online, so how can I do raid 6 star in solo? I am in Scarlet so I can't afford Iron Hands, and I do not have Gholdengo atm.
Dont go against bulky mons like toxapex, with the shield they just tank hits and meanwhile they cant kill you, the time just go away. Use pokes who can use belly drums and super efective attacks, or, instead, mons which can boost themselves and heal (Flutter kiss+cm, Koraidon SD+drain...). The good of solo is that the timer only goes down harshly of your mon is fainted, not the AI ones.

Realistically speaking you're looking to have relatively bulky mons that have some sort of recovery and (possibly) can't be hit supereffectively.

Usually my go-to are Iron Hands, Magnezone (no recovery, but is chonky with a ton of resists), Miraidon (parabolic charge is a thing), and Sylveon, but there's a lot of bulky mons work. Avoid things that rely on ability or are vulnerable to status for obvious reasons.
The AI will always cast one defensive cheer right away so it helps with making already bulky mons even bulkier.
I am not a huge fan of Belly Drum stuff mainly due to how it gets invalidated by the buff negation pulse and you risk finding yourself at half HP.

Also do note that certain raids are just not worth bothering with: Annihilape for example is more trouble than it's worth (expecially if it rolls Defiant and the AI just ends up buffing the heck out of it).
Shell Bell is also a clutch option. You often heal up about as much HP as Drain Punch

That said Belly Drum isn't that bad. The negation pulse only happens once and if you're doing it right you should have nough time to set up again. Worst case scenario is it gets you to a hump that you can overcome with an Offense Cheer.

I have found Annihilape with Metronome (the item) + Bulk Up + Drain Punch + maybe Screech to be very effective as a general option.
Once it can be acquired, Gholdengo with Ability Shield + Nasty Plot + Shadow Ball + Make It Rain / Flash Cannon seems interesting due to its ability to ignore status.
Chi-Yu can be caught at a high level (60, 5* raids are 75) and has Beads of Ruin + Nasty Plot + Fire / Dark coverage. I assume Chien-Pao works similarly, and even Ting-Lu works fine due to high attack and bulk.
Koraidon / Miraidon on paper should work fine.
I have not tried Iron Hands yet.
I can confirm Shell Bell and draining moves are very effective.

In general I find high-level raids to be highly dependent on the actual opponent, and at some level I find the puzzle-like quality of some of the difficult ones interesting. A good starting point would be finding something which can both hit the opponent super-effectively and resist its regular STABs. Of course every catch augments the pool of viable Pokémon to use.

As another note, I have found out Trick does NOT work against raid opponents.

What do you mean? Don’t TM moves go into the relearn pool if you forget them, so you really only need 1 per mon.
Oh thank god, you're right. The series is a little weird with moves like this; I think I was confusing them with things like how "shared" egg moves dont go into the memory, or moves on Raids.

I'm still annoyed because making certain TMs in this game is still a pain, but significantly less.

What do you mean? Don’t TM moves go into the relearn pool if you forget them, so you really only need 1 per mon.
I'm also glad you mentioned this, cause in same way as R_N with "shared egg moves" not part of relearned movesets if forgotten I just assumed TMs would be had to be retaught as well.

Slightly less annoying now. Won't save me from causing mass extinction of random pokemon while working sadly.

Because the bosses have tons of extra HP, I find drain punch usually heals back up to full or near full (less when shield goes up, but generally still a lot), and often I have enough health to belly drum again after the boss resets my stats. I did, however, put thunderpunch over wild charge on Iron Hands to avoid the recoil, since that made it harder to survive.

Solo against :corviknight: Corviknight 6* <Ghost>

:iron-hands:
Iron Hands @ Shell Bell
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Electric Terrain
- Thunder Punch

- Starts by resisting Iron Head and also resists Drill Peck after Terastalizing
- Thunder Punch over Wild Charge to avoid recoil and for the occasional paralysis
- Greatly helped by paralysis from AI Umbreon and Bellibolt
- AI Arboliva with Seed Sower proved to be annoying
- Corviknight has Hone Claws, which was very annoying when combined with Mirror Armor

This was considerably more annoying than expected, but I guess going against a 98 / 105 opponent with no super-effective moves is not optimal. Of course this should work best with Electric Terrain / Heal Pulse / Reflect support from actual players.

Once I finished this playthrough I will probably get me a support Umbreon first in order to participate in online raids.

Umbreon @ Mental Herb
EV: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Screech
- Fake Tears
- Taunt / Foul Play
- Helping Hand / Skill Swap

Something like that, not sure about the 3rd and 4th Move Slot yet though.

Saw this pokémon being used by a streamer and it seemed pretty potent to me.

Once I finished this playthrough I will probably get me a support Umbreon first in order to participate in online raids.

Umbreon @ Mental Herb
Impish Nature
- Screech
- Fake Tears
- Taunt / Foul Play

yeah i've seen these show up in online raids recently too. I was kind of scoffing at it, but it's a great support Pokemon.

I'd say the common ones I see have been:
-Iron Hands (belly drum)
-Azumarill (belly drum)
-Sylveon (calm mind sweeper)
-Ceruledge (swords dance sweeper)
-Umbreon (support)
Annihilape's have also started cropping up.

I feel like there's gotta be a better special sweeper around but Sylveon is the one I keep seeing, even if it's just kind of not doing much. I assume a streamer used it or something?

Umbreon @ Mental Herb
Impish Nature
- Screech
- Fake Tears
- Taunt / Foul Play

I'd recommend Snarl instead of HH for last slot. Lets you reduce opposer Spatk even through shields.
I'm not much a fan of Helping Hand since it's hard to coordinate it on top of the actual correct attack with generic pugs.
I feel like there's gotta be a better special sweeper around but Sylveon is the one I keep seeing, even if it's just kind of not doing much. I assume a streamer used it or something?
Sylveon has the benefit of an already good defensive typing and solid bulk which is why many people use it.

Personally if I want a special attacker and am not using Sylveon or Miraidon, I generally go with Flutter Mane or Iron Moth depending on what I need to resist.
Chi-You is also more or less the nuke you'd expect against things you can resist the stabs of, though it has the bad habit of dieing on top of reducing your own party's spdef.

Also as far as support mons go, Ting-Lu and Wo-Chien (where typing allows) are criminally underrated. If you're the last to lock and you see the party is full of atkers, Ting-Lu is chonky, reduces opponent spatk and actually has solid offenses, meanwhile in the opposite case, while Wo-Chien is kinda passive, leech seed is recovery that isnt cleaned by the dispel pulse, still has Foul Play, and also gets access to Pollen Puff to heal others.

Nice, sounds good!

Well, as far as I know taunt doesn't work if your Umbreon is carrying a Mental Herb (as I suggested), but your set could use any other item like Leftovers for example.

Solo against :Toedscruel: Toedscruel 6* <Ghost>

:Meowscarada:
Meowscarada @ Shell Bell
Ability: Overgrow
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / ...
- Hone Claws
- Tail Whip
- Night Slash
- Flower Trick

Toedscruel has Spore / Hex / Earth Power / Energy Ball / Grassy Terrain, all of which make it quite annoying.
As a Grass/Dark type Meowscarada naturally resists everything and is immune to Spore.
Both Flower Trick (STAB, Tera-STAB, automatic critical hit, boosted by Grassy Terrain) and Night Slash (STAB, high critical hit ratio, super-effective) proved useful.
Shell Bell has proven in general to be an extremely useful item for offensive Pokémon.

Do you guys know a viable build for Tyranitar in Tera Raids?

I mean it has high stats and a wide movepool, there surely should be something possible I assume?

I was thinking about:

Tyranitar @ Wide Lens
Adamant Nature
252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Defense

- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Screech
- Thunder Wave

Support / Attacker hybrid.

Would like to play Tyranitar in Tera Raids once I am done with my current Scarlet Playthrough since it is one of my favourite pokémons....

Do you guys know a viable build for Tyranitar in Tera Raids?
Realistically... no. Not as support anyway.

It's not bulky enough, with a terrible defensive typing (expecially when most raids do have coverage).
Even as offensive mon it fails to work properly for same reason.

You can probably use it on specially offensive raids that don't have fighting coverage and would work ok, but at that point just go full offensive with a choice band, or AV 4 attacks.

Ow that makes me sad :(.

Well... looks like I will have to stick to the more standard tera raid Pokémons then.

Meanwhile I decided that I will probably build me a Gholdengo first, and then a Grimmsnarl or an Umbreon afterwards.

So I have 1 Offensive and 1 Support Pokémon to play.

The main problem with Pokemon that have exploitable weaknesses is that differently from SwSh, 5+ star raids AI isn't stupid.
If you're weak to it, 9/10 times they'll nuke that weakness. On top of it, their movesets actually don't suck and they do have at very least 2 coverage moves (unless they're eevolutions apparently, rip in movepool), and with how harsh the penalty for getting KOd is, you can't afford to be dead every 2 turns. Expecially on slower mons.

One of the main reason for which Sylveon, Umbreon, Gholdengo, Azumarill and Iron Hands are so popular is that they both have solid typing and enough bulk to eat some supereffective hits, on top of only requiring 1 setup turn to go nuclear.
It's also why every time I see a Koraidon I die inside, because most 5+ star raids *will* KO it right away with a fairy or psychic attack, differently from Miraidon which has a very solid typing with no 4x weaknesses.

In a youtube Video I saw someone suggesting this Gastrodon:

Gastrodon @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
Ability: Storm Drain
Tera Type: Poison
252 HP / 252 Special Attack / 4 Defense

- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Tera Blast

Well.. Gastrodon only has a 4x weakness to grass, which is a pretty rare attacking type, and it seems to me this pokémon is pretty bulky and can "watch for itself". You could go for Recover, but then you cannout use the AV.
But the problem I see is it can neither boost itself nor lower the opponent's stats, so I don't know whether it would be that helpful in a raid team in the end or not.

In a youtube Video I saw someone suggesting this Gastrodon:

Gastrodon @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
Ability: Storm Drain
Tera Type: Poison
252 HP / 252 Special Attack / 4 Defense

- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Tera Blast

Well.. Gastrodon only has a 4x weakness to grass, which is a pretty rare attacking type, and it seems to me this pokémon is pretty bulky and can "watch for itself". You could go for Recover, but then you cannout use the AV.
But the problem I see is it can neither boost itself nor lower the opponent's stats, so I don't know whether it would be that helpful in a raid team in the end or not.
Gastrodon gets Clear Smog, which against certain raids which spam boost themselves has value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)