Most recognizable animated character from a video game/TV show/franchise?

Most popular world wide

• Pikachu

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • Goku

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Scooby-Doo

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Mario

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Mickey Mouse

Votes: 51 57.3%

• Total voters
Hello friends, so at work I came across this screenshot
Screenshot_20230403-200242_Discord.jpg
from a discord with some friends which leads to the question: who's the most popular/recognizable animed character from a video game/TV show/franchise?the options we discussed are in the poll but feel free to drop any other names here!

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
goku is 6th place, maybe 7th

disney is bigger than everything here for sure but is mickey mouse specifically? i dont know. sure, i'll guess that. only competition is pikachu anyway

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mickey Mouse, and it's not even close. I'm partial to Pikachu, but I have to use SOME logic here...

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I don't see why Scooby doo is in the poll as it comes nowhere close to the other 4... and as it's been stated already, Mickey's several steps ahead of the others, the character is nearly a century old and is known by every generation all over the world, which is a better fit for "most recognizable" than some cartoon/video game characters that one is much less likely to know without being interested in them or having had kids interested in them.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Despite Mickey Mouse objectively being the right answer to this question, I actually voted Mario for this one because of something I like to call short-term relevance. Simply put, while Mickey’s been around for the longest and has the biggest legacy, the current attention being brought to any of the five is probably highest right now for Mario because of the movie and stuff. Corporate Disney doesn’t do much to help Mickey’s reputation, Pikachu while iconic isn’t as iconic as Mario, Scooby-Doo’s also been around for a while but is hilariously inconsistent, and very few people outside of the anime community or the memes community actually know who Goku is, although admittedly he is the only one of the five to be a Fortnite skin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)