Most popular starters

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While a consensus for some gens (1, 6) is fairly obvious, for others it is definitely not so (3). Feel free to either post just your favourite line or your favourite for each stage per gen as I will, hoping we can get enough posts here to see a sort of general consensus.

Gen 1

Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard

Its a cool lizard that transforms into a cooler lizard then a dragon, c’mon.

Gen 2

Totodile, Quilava, Feraligatr

The cool crocodile that put me off other croc pokemon (I knew they’d never be as cool). I thought Quilava was insanely cool upon seeing it, but sadly Typhlosion is a bit of a letdown from that potential.

Gen 3

Mudkip, Grovyle, Swampert

Mudkip is cute AF, nuff said. Not sure why I dislike Sceptile so much (relatively, still probably a top 3 grass starter for me), something to do with less leaves and the jaw/face upon evolution. Heh, Swampert kinda felt like me when I was playing RSE. Kinda chubby but loves water. Never got all the Blaziken hype tbh, like its good, but eh.

Gen 4

Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape

Another fire sweep! I think this Gen has the strongest basic forms and final evos though. 2nd stage, I felt apart from Monferno was pretty weak. Torterra was that badass awesome grass starter I always wanted. Empoleon was Happy Feet come to life, plus an excellent design with that trident face. Infernape just amazing though, still my favourite overall starter. All 3 with dual types too!

Gen 5

Snivy, Dewott, Samurott

Smugleaf, do I have to say anything else? Oshawatt was the perfect Cinderella story though. Tepig was cute but just awful, awful evos.

Gen 6

Froakie, Frogadier, Greninja

All of the first 3 were cute, but idk something felt different about Froakie and boy did that turn out to be true. Quilladin and Chesnaught were not horrible, but I think they should’ve gone full deep into the chestnut/hedgehog thing with spikes everywhere. Braixen just put me off that line with the wand, felt so forced and unnecessary. Frogadier and Greninja just leagues above.

Gen 7

Rowlet, Torracat, Decidueye

Popplio line just looked ugly for me from the start. Rowlet/Litten and Dartrix/Torracat were flip flops for me, but Decidueye >>>>>>> Incineroar. (Whats that now, 3 fire lines in a row ruined by going bipedal from quadrupedal?)

Gen 8

Scorbunny, Drizzile, Inteleon

Pretty evenly matched first stages, honestly just cute bunny cos we’d already had a great monkey and frog. Drizzile had the DRIP. And the others were kinda meh. Very even final form matchup, I only went with Inteleon cos cool sniping. Rillaboom as a full fledged drummer turned out great, and I guess only reason I don’t go for Cinderace is cos boo soccer.

Gen 9

Sprigatito, Floragato, Meowscarada

Just loved Sprig from the beginning, clear winner across the board. Did to perfection what they were trying to do with Fennekin. Fuecoco and Quaxly I don’t reallyblike til their final evos which are pretty cool (maybe I’m biased still after not much experience with the lines).

Holy that ended up massively longer than I thought…. feel free not to go into as much detail as I did crap.

tldr Charizard, Feraligatr, Swampert, Infernape, Samurott, Greninja, Decidueye, Inteleon, Meowscarada.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)