Media Most Memorable Gaming Moments

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
One time over a decade ago I was trying to help a friend get Garchomp in Pokémon Black and White. I used a cheating device beforehand and set the codes to make all encounters Garchomp. I also set a code to make them all level 100.

When I tried to play their game, I went into a Doubles Wild Battle and found a level 100 Shiny Solosis... I did not have a shiny cheat on. I did not have a shiny cheat set...

Lil moments from Ror
.when I baited imp overlords by standing on the storages in rallypoint delta
.first encounter with void fields
.that one captain run where I made it to where only scavengers appear
.that time the genesis loop from an umbra triggered alloy worship unit.
And more!

also playing the fall with my brother in portal 2.

Last edited:
The difficulty of four clones in a DS game with a very long name. Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's World Championship 2019 Stardust Accelerator.
"four clones" that, at the time, use metagame-ish decks (except for clone 2...), and you have to duel them in a row only recovering about 2000 Life Points in between rounds with what may just be a mishmash non-meta deck, because grinding in 2009 is very time consuming compared to say the 2011 version. This is like laddering on PS while only being allowed to use one OU 'mon, and needing three NUs or below, AND you need to win four fights consecutively or you remain stuck. Now I know how to actually play to never be stuck in that situation again. The final boss of this game is much less difficult and a huge breeze after the challenge of the four clones. I will never forget all the times I made it up to clones 3 or 4 and failed to take away their last 1000-2000 LP, and that I'd have to start over from clone 1.

Soundtrack was as memorable as my long time being stuck and fit the intense difficulty of each duel.

Also the part in superliminal where the main room closes in and can’t forget the 2 core transfer scenes in portal 2. (But more the first one.) and that time in dead cells when i took 2 cursed chest in slumbering sanctuary before hitting the button.

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I already had a cartridge of Pokémon Black from when it was fresh and unused, but one day about nine years ago, I decided to get a pre-owned copy of the same game. When I opened up this pre-owned save, I noticed a couple of things.

• The cartridge had over 55 hours of gameplay saved on it.
  • The player had not yet beaten the Elite Four. They were in front of the league.
  • Their highest leveled Pokémon was a level 51 Emboar. Their second highest was not remotely close. iirc it was like, Level 34 Klang in a PC box or something.
  • They skipped as many trainers as they possibly could throughout the game.

So I pretty much assumed they spent a truckload of hours trying to solo the Elite Four with just their Level 51 Emboar but kept failing so they gave up and sold the game back to GameStop. Okay.

I wanted to beat the game but decided I was not going to put up with backtracking through the entire region to battle every trainer they skipped, so I needed an alternative.

I transferred over a Level 100 Wonder Guard Arceus to the game and in case that wasn't enough I also brought over my Level 100 Rayquaza from Emerald. I can say with absolute certainty that the Unova Elite Four and its final bosses were brutally demolished. I won. I beat the game. I then blew all my ingame money on items then tossed out all items so that I could solo a Level 75 Kyurem with a Level 28 Watchog.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
Back when I was new to Pokémon (when I was 10-11), I would often check out the Battle Factory to see what kinds of Pokémon were there and how their stats were like. I liked the Battle Factory because Emerald had a very limited pool of obtainable Pokémon and I wanted to know more about what Pokémon existed. I remember one specific occasion where I noticed Blissey for the first time. I saw its HP and was absolutely shocked. This had me wanting a Blissey for my own to see how high of HP I could get mine. I found out I could catch Chansey in HeartGold and evolve it. I made Blissey one of the first Pokémon I ever trained to level 100 and one of the first I used to defeat Red.

This was from over a decade ago and I still remember it so I might as well post.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
idk where to post this but I wanted to save it somewhere on Smogon.

I called it The Hoopa Dome Encounters because Hoopa could easily serve as a lore explanation for this challenge I had, as it could use its rings to move nearly anything and anyone anywhere it wants and will use this for fun whenever possible. The Arceus arrived on its own as it was satisfied by seeing everything you've gone through on your journey. It wanted to serve as one big final challenge of the game, but Hoopa sneaks a Triple Battle in afterwards.

Premise: Hoopa reached out to the player beforehand to set up an interesting challenge. You are to access the Vs. Recorder, enter the dome set in its digital world, and battle each of the boss fights Hoopa has tied to a specific checkpoint of your adventure. It already knows how you'll traverse through the game, and so it's using this as its opportunity to set you up for a grand adventure.

Really this all started when I was like "hmm, what if ORAS, but with totems? Oh wait I can make that!" I can't give them automatic stat boosts, so I made each of these bosses ~1.5x the level of the checkpoint they're tied to. Not all are the same, the boss I set up for Tate & Liza are level 63 because I forgot they were level 45 in ORAS, since to them being level 42 in every other Hoenn game. This ended up working well anyway since the checkpoint for Hoopa-Unbound was level 45 and a clear level distinction between it and the boss before it are shown. he final bosses are not 1.5x because they would've had to exceed level 100 if they were. I still just set them to where they're way higher than the checkpoint battle.
I used two 3DS/2DS consoles with two compatible Pokemon games to connect with each other via LAN or online for battle. A team and theme is selected before each battle. Upon battle, one or both consoles forfeit the match, and I use the primary console to save the match on the Vs. Recorder. This was done until I decided the setup was done. An external device was used to create the sets, but none is required. Upon completion, I reset one of the compatible games to start a challenge run - Obtain the Vs. Recorder at Mauville, and before each checkpoint, access the Vs. Recorder in order to defeat the dedicated boss tied to the checkpoint. Defeating the boss and the checkpoint battle back to back was required in order to progress to the next part of the game. A loss in either battle required the boss fight to be defeated again.

Additional Rules: No bag items during battle. No reaching up to the level of the boss on your checkpoint. Preferably, be as minimally overleveled past the checkpoint Gym Leader as possible if at all.

Audino (F) @ Audinite
Ability: Healer
Level: 32
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

Checkpoint: Gym Leader Wattson
Format: Single Battle
Theme: Wild Battle
Estimated Difficulty: ★★★★★★★★★★ (10/10)
=============================================================================================================================================================================

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Level: 42
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fire Punch

Checkpoint: Gym Leader Flannery
Theme: Wild Battle
Estimated Difficulty: ★★★★ (4/10)
=============================================================================================================================================================================

Pidgeot (M) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Tangled Feet
Level: 45
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Checkpoint: Gym Leader Norman
Theme: Gym Leader Battle

Aerodactyl (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
Level: 53
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws

Checkpoint: Gym Leader Winona
Theme: Gym Leader Battle
Estimated Difficulty: ★★★★★ (5/10)

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
Level: 63
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Psychic
- Heal Pulse
- Charm

Latios (M) @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
Level: 63
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Shadow Claw

Checkpoint: Gym Leaders Tate & Liza
Format: Double Battle
Theme: Rival Battle
Estimated Difficulty: ★★★★★★ (6/10)

Hoopa-Unbound @ Tanga Berry
Ability: Magician
Level: 68
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Checkpoint: Primal Groudon/Primal Kyogre
Theme: Archie/Maxie Battle

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
Level: 70
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

Checkpoint: Gym Leader Wallace
Theme: Lugia Battle

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Level: 89
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Darkrai @ Dread Plate
Ability: Bad Dreams
Level: 89
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

Checkpoint: Champion Steven
Theme: Reshiram/Zekrom Battle
Estimated Difficulty: ★★★★★★★★★★★★ (12/10)

Mew @ Light Clay
Ability: Synchronize
Level: 93
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Transform
- Metronome
- Reflect

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
Level: 93
Modest Nature
- Psystrike
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast
- Secret Sword

Checkpoint: Rayquaza, Lorekeeper Zinnia, & Deoxys
Theme: Rival Battle

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Checkpoint: Champion Steven (Post Delta Episode) - The "Final Boss"
Theme: Zinnia Battle

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Rock Slide

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Checkpoint: N/A (After defeating Post Delta Episode Champion Steven) - The "Bonus Boss"
Format: Triple Battle
Theme: Battle Chatelaine (ORAS)
Estimated Difficulty: ★★★★★★★★★ (10/10)
Reward: Event Hoopa ported into game. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_region_serial_code_event_Pokémon_distributions_(Generation_VI)#Mighty_Hoopa
My final team upon completing the challenge: https://i.imgur.com/V8Tigl0.jpg
Pokepaste importable for challenge: https://pokepast.es/d41642d946bdf855

I got the Klekfi and Audino from transferring one of each from Pokemon Bank, alongside a Ditto, then breeding them in Route 117 to raise Klefki and Audino from an egg.
The numbers at the end were just my rankings of which bosses I had the easiest time with and which I had the most difficult.

Audino - 2 attempts. Long and hard battle. (9th)

Lopunny - 1 attempt. Easy (1st)

Pidgeot - 5 attempts. Very difficult. Entrainment Audino came in clutch. (10th)

Aerodactyl - 1 attempt. Easy. Haxed oblivion. (3rd)

Latias + Latios - 1 attempt. Easy. Haxed oblivion. (4th)

Hoopa-Unbound - 1 attempt. Moderately easy. (6th)

Volcanion - 1 attempt. Moderately easy. (5th)

Diancie + Darkrai - 14 attempts. Ludicrous. Had to actually figure out the AI, play around them, and hope I get lucky with AI attacks. I barely beat Steven too. (11th)

Mew + Mewtwo - 1 attempt. Easy. Haxed oblivion (2nd)

Arceus + Mega Ray - 3 attempts. Moderate. (8th)

Groudon + Rayquaza + Kyogre - 2 attempt. Messed up the first time. Moderate. (7th)

Extra notes:
I lost to the first May fight like 5 times because my Torchic sucked and even had low Speed nature.

l almost lost to Glacia and Drake to hax during my first Elite Four run.

I again almost lost to Glacia and actually did lose to Drake due to hax in my postgame Elite Four run.

I lost to some random dude with 4 level 60 Bug-types at the Battle Resort because I hit their Heracross and it landed with low HP left. It then proceeded to outspeed everything and sweep with Reversal.

I decided I had to KO the wild Level 45 Primal Groudon in the game instead of catching it. It was a more difficult fight than every gym leader lol in the game (not including the Hoopa Encounter boss that came before them). This isn't as relevant but I wanted to point it out. Primal Groudon comes back in the postgame anyway.

I managed to find and catch a wild Azelf in not many Poke Balls pretty much immediately after the climax. It was nicknamed Sectonia. It was never used until I cleared every boss fight.
Rayquaza was a mandatory catch and use in the Delta Episode. I named it drampa's gp. I used it to 6-0 Zinnia and accidentally OHKO the level 80 wild Deoxys. I beat the Mew + Mewtwo before catching Rayquaza.

The maingame Steven encounter and checkpoint battles were quite frankly ridiculous. I lost to Diancie + Darkrai 14 times and then almost lost to Steven thanks to missing High Jump Kick earlier. This game REALLY loved haxing me in the Pokemon League.

Diancie + Darkrai logs
[03:31:27] #Ransei: oml
[03:32:50] *Bellematon: Coyg
[03:33:20] #Ransei: It took me
[03:33:23] #Ransei: 14 attempts
[03:33:27] #Ransei: to beat Diancie + Darkrai
[03:33:30] #Ransei: but I did it
[03:33:37] #Ransei: dude
[03:33:39] #Ransei: the Mega Diancie
[03:33:40] #Ransei: was
[03:33:41] #Ransei: so
[03:33:41] #Ransei: so
[03:33:42] #Ransei: so
[03:33:42] #Ransei: so
[03:33:43] #Ransei: so
[03:33:45] #Ransei: ludicrous
[03:33:59] #Ransei: it outsped everything
[03:34:04] #Ransei: even after two speed boosts
[03:34:16] #Ransei: and i could not paralyze it without secret power
[03:35:35] #Ransei: i had to figure out what the AI was going to do
[03:35:37] #Ransei: play around that
[03:35:39] #Ransei: and get lucky
[03:35:41] #Ransei: it was hard
[03:35:45] #Ransei: hax was not the method
[03:35:48] Damnright: man's talking to himself
[03:35:49] #Ransei: mega diancie was virtually hax proof
[03:35:51] #Ransei: rai was fine
[03:35:52] #Ransei: but
[03:35:56] #Ransei: sometimes it wasn't
[03:36:06] #Ransei: ok
[03:36:10] #Ransei: now i have to beat steven
[03:36:12] #Ransei: or else i redo that
[03:36:21] #Ransei: skarmory? skarm sucks
[03:38:41] #Ransei: claydol
[03:38:47] #Ransei: *sees gyarados*
[03:38:49] #Ransei: claydol
[03:38:56] #Ransei: uses LIGHT SCREEN
[03:39:13] *Bellematon: Hi Dad!
[03:41:31] @swagn: this is a certified #RanseiMoment
[03:48:21] #Ransei: i almost lost to Steven
[03:48:23] #Ransei: holy heck
[03:48:27] #Ransei: yaaaaaaas
[03:48:36] #Ransei: i don't have to do that diancie darkrai battle again
[03:48:38] #Ransei: yaaaaas
[03:48:57] #Ransei: what in the world did i just go through
[03:48:58] #Ransei: LOL
[03:49:16] #Ransei: mega metagross gave me pain
[03:49:17] #Ransei: because
[03:49:27] #Ransei: you want to know why?
[03:49:38] #Ransei: because my only mons i had against it
[03:49:43] #Ransei: were SURF Audino
[03:49:47] #Ransei: which quickly got KOed
[03:49:53] #Ransei: I had to take down most of its HP
[03:49:54] #Ransei: with
[03:50:04] #Ransei: a level 53 Secret Power Ninjask
[03:50:09] #Ransei: a frickin
[03:50:11] #Ransei: Mega Metagross
[03:50:18] #Ransei: with level 53 Secret Power Ninjask
[03:50:31] #Ransei: I had every opportunity to just get OHKOed and obliterated
[03:50:38] #Ransei: tbf I also had a Klefki
[03:50:47] #Ransei: but Klefki ran out of PP for all attacks it could hit with
[03:51:27] #Ransei: yeah that
[03:51:32] #Ransei: was probably the hardest boss i set up
[03:51:38] #Ransei: i don't think mega ray is gonna be that difficult
[03:51:40] #Ransei: nope
[03:52:16] *Bellematon: Bye Dad...
[03:52:20] #Ransei: > 14 attempts to beat level 89 diancie + level 89 darkrai
[03:53:53] #Ransei: team
[03:54:12] #Ransei: level 53 blaziken, level 53 klefki, level 52 audino, level 51 gyarados, level 53 ninjask, level 53 shedinja

Pidgeot logs
[01:26:09] #Ransei: i'm fighting the Pidgeot boss
[01:26:12] #Ransei: i've lost four times
[01:26:17] #Ransei: and am trying to find SOME way to beat it
[01:26:33] #Ransei: !code
Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
Level: 45 EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
[01:26:35] #Ransei: this is the set
[01:26:37] @sWAgN: Ransei!!!!
[01:26:43] #Ransei: my team
[01:27:06] #Ransei: level 29 klefki, level 28 shedinja, level 29 audino, level 27 gyarados, level 30 combusken, level 27 Ninjask
[01:27:30] #Ransei: bro
[01:27:34] #Ransei: my audino just got entrainment
[01:27:37] #Ransei: that's a game changer
[01:27:39] #Ransei: oml
[01:27:42] @sWAgN: nice
[01:27:52] @sWAgN: it's entrainment time
[01:28:01] #Ransei: this is perfect
[01:28:05] #Ransei: now pidgeot can actually
[01:28:07] #Ransei: miss
[01:28:50] #Ransei: time to get back to norman's gym
[01:28:54] #Ransei: and defeat this birb

Audino logs
[12:42:35] #Ransei: okay
[12:42:38] #Ransei: time to face the first boss
[12:48:23] #Ransei: okay
[12:48:42] #Ransei: I got absolutely stomped by this Mega Audino
[13:19:29] #Ransei: I beat the Mega Audino
[13:19:32] #Ransei: Holy...
[13:19:42] #Ransei: That was one hell of a boss fight
[13:29:30] #Ransei: That Mega Audino
[13:29:33] #Ransei: Was so tanky
[13:29:51] #Ransei: I wasn't sure whether this was Mega Audino
[13:29:55] #Ransei: Or Eternamax
[13:30:14] #Ransei: and it had recovery
[13:30:22] #Ransei: One of the few bosses with recovery

Random Bug-type trainer notes
[11:18:42] #Ransei: battle resort ppl having XY Elite Four level teams
[11:27:55] #Ransei: maybe i should pay attention to my 3DS
[11:28:04] #Ransei: this Heracross KOed my Gyarados
[11:28:18] #Ransei: i sent out Blaziken, expecting to outspeed and KO with Blaze Kick
[11:28:27] #Ransei: I look away from the 3DS
[11:28:29] #Ransei: I look back
[11:28:34] #Ransei: my Blaziken fainted
[11:28:41] #Ransei: straight up one-shotted
[11:28:45] #Ransei: and the Heracross lost 0 HP
[11:28:47] #Ransei: what happen
[11:30:22] #Ransei: ok I checked Heracross learnset
[11:30:26] #Ransei: and I think I can take a good guess
[11:30:31] #Ransei: Blaziken missed
[11:30:37] #Ransei: and then Heracross used Reversal
[11:30:41] BrookeState'-': oof
[11:30:44] #Ransei: it has like 1 health left anyway
[11:30:47] #Ransei: so Reversal has 200 BP
[11:30:51] BrookeState'-': rip blaziken
[11:31:04] #Ransei: oh no
[11:31:10] #Ransei: oh...
[11:31:18] #Ransei: yeah that's exactly what it was
[11:31:29] #Ransei: also
[11:31:31] #Ransei: nah
[11:31:35] BrookeState'-': Heracross God
[11:31:37] #Ransei: my blaziken probably got outsped, actually
[11:31:51] #Ransei: i just sent out klefki
[11:31:57] #Ransei: klefki, 5 speed lower than the blaziken
[11:32:03] BrookeState'-': Pov it had shadow sneak or extreme speed
[11:32:04] #Ransei: it got outsped and one-shotted by reversal
[11:32:21] BrookeState'-': rip klefki
[11:32:24] BrookeState'-': you wont be missed
[11:33:17] #Ransei: uh
[11:33:27] #Ransei: uh....
[11:33:34] BrookeState'-': that Heracross is Op
[11:33:41] #Ransei: uhhhhhhh
[11:34:40] BrookeState'-': what happened
[11:34:47] BrookeState'-': did the heracross use explosion?
[11:35:00] #Ransei: hear me out
[11:35:04] #Ransei: i just lost to a dude
[11:35:08] #Ransei: running 4 bug-types

Postgame Drake logs
[06:43:59] #Ransei: I lost to postgame Drake
[06:44:00] #Ransei: and
[06:44:06] #Ransei: Am really.hating this E4 run
[06:44:27] #Ransei: Because I'm getting the hell haxed of
[06:44:46] #Ransei: /me sets up 4 dragon dances, ensuring victory
[06:44:59] #Ransei: /me also misses Ice Fang on the very second Pokémon
[06:45:15] Shays Fate: F
[06:45:27] #Ransei: /me leads with mega blaziken on glacia to ensure victory
[06:45:44] #Ransei: /me also misses high jump kick on the very second Pokémon
[06:45:54] Shays Fate: I mean
[06:46:06] Shays Fate: You could've used Brick break
[06:46:22] #Ransei: I'll need HJK soon
[06:46:29] #Ransei: For damage
[06:46:29] Shays Fate: why?
[06:46:44] Shays Fate: you risked the miss :p
[06:46:48] #Ransei: I'm about to battle a level 100 Arceus
I don't think this is anything I'll forget. Oh yeah one of my more recent ORAS runs (2021-2022) was used with the goal to complete the National Pokedex, beat a Battle Maison Super format, and get the Gold Trainer Card. Both of which were accomplished.

Last edited:
Playing against Savato in Trauma Center second opinion on the Wii. That game's difficulty is absolutely bonkers.

finishing ratchet and clank a crack in time, that final museum was super fun
also the final colosseum battle ship thing plex whatever, that final level was hell until i learnt that there were ammo crates every minute or so

one of my most memorable when i was still was a lil kid was beating final fantasy 9 (first final fantasy i did) when *spoilers it's been out over 20 years guys, sorry lmfao* zidane comes back in that play.... i was still a kid and cried like "damn, that really made me happy as hell so i cried cus i did all this work" lol.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
20231011_203042.png

https://pokepast.es/c8a6331d575b17da

For full context: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/old-gen-hackmons-megathread.3649618/page-16#post-9810888

I decided I was gonna go on Ultra Moon, create the team I topped the Gen 7 Pure Hackmons ladder with, form a link battle on Ultra Sun against this team in Ultra Moon, draw the match, save the battle on the Vs. Recorder, restore my Ultra Moon to the save file backed up most recently prior to the creation of this Pure Hackmons team, then head to the Megalo Tower in Ultra Megaopolis. I was battle off against myself from an alternate world where Hackmons exist. My character from the Hackmons world was a Champion, with Hau's Title Defense theme playing, and I as the player needed to prove to myself after all the experience I've had, that in I was still the very best like no one ever was in my save file, by using my in-game playthrough Ultra Moon team against this full-blown Pure Hackmons team I topped the Gen 7 Pure Hackmons ladder with. No alternate version was going to overcome me on this very day! No siree!

This was a very long and intense fight. I would say maybe even 100+ turns. Maybe a little less.

There was a chance to 6-0 but after like 50 turns of switching, trying to play around Banette, and dealing with Zygarde being unbreakable it managed to outplay me once by switching into Mega Banette on Noivern and I was forced to sack Ninjask. The AI always prioritized super effective moves so I was able to keep it at bay throughout much of the battle. My strategy was to keep switching from Shedinja to Mega Audino against the Ghost-types then go back to Shedinja, to Claydol, or to Noivern to pressure Zygarde slightly, but Zygarde would often either use Misty Terrain, making Shedinja useless under it, switch back to either Mega Banette, which was very scary, or switch into Giratina, and get a chance to throw Stealth Rock. I toxicstalled Dawn Wings and Mega Audino, but also tried so for Zygarde-Complete. Zygarde-Complete managed to fight hard to be the last one standing. Imposter Chansey was another threat who could've potentially wiped out my team, but I kept forgetting it had Scarf so maybe it wouldn't have been too bad in the long-run. I managed to freeze it with Ice Beam Claydol, trap it with Spirit Shackle Decidueye, then KO. Mega Banette was revenge killed by Sucker Punch after I sacked Ninjask, then after a rough match with Giratina and getting its health low I decided to sack Claydol to finish off Giratina with Ice Beam. Giratina used Spectral Thief then KOed Claydol with Innards Out. After 5 of their Pokémon were down, Zygarde was left and I pulled out Draco Meteor Noivern to win the game. This was a 4-0 but everyone pulled in WORK here to win in 1 go. It required a full force brawl in order to get through, and it felt great. I saved my game afyer the battle then returned back to Route 1.

I think that's the end of my grand adventure here, especially since I haven't done much else with this save file for a while, nor plan to anytime soon. This is the most fun I've ever had in a Pokémon run and I'm thankful to have chosen Ultra Moon for it. I might've gone through extreme and obscure lengths to make this special, but the fact it was possible just makes the game magical.

The 3DS Pokémon games were great when it came to rewarding imagination. By far the best even! This might have been the best match I've ever had in core series games, if not just close enough. I wish there were written fights this intense in the main series games but I think I'm also fine with creating boss fights from my own imagination to experience. That is all. Thanks for reading.

when my mom got us a PS2 as a youngin she got me Okage: Shadow King as well and i LOVED that game, got me into both RPGS and JRPGS -right after i got the Dark Cloud series and Dragon Quest VIII
(I played FF 8-7-9-10 prior - well actually only 8 was prior) but didnt know what it was, thought it was just a game, those were the first times (I was like "Oh, I like this genre of games and i like Square(Soft - then/)Enix and games in that idea" lmao

before i only played wrestling games, madden, and stuff like pokemon, sonic, mario, etc lol

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I've talked about this specific Pokémon many times before, but I can't not mention the influence two Pokémon have had for me in recent years. For some extra context, the 2020s have been and still are a time where I've started losing interest in this franchise over time,

:sv/palafin:

I didn't know it at the time, but coming off of my worst mental health year to date, 2022 was going to be a year with one major topic on my mind- Mario games. Of particular interest was the fact that the Mario Kart series was turning 30 that year (and sure enough, we got the Booster Course Pass), but it was also the year I started working on a Pokémon X 3D Mario crossover concept that has been on a bit of a hiatus recently following the lack of a new 3D game since either Odyssey or Bowser's Fury depending on if you count the latter as a new game. In any case, the idea was that the original Pokémon games and Super Mario 64 were both major releases in 1996, and following both games' success, their successors also shared a lot in common. 2022 was particularly notable as the 20th anniversary of both Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire and Super Mario Sunshine, another pair of games that match up surprisingly well just like the 1996 games did.

I mentioned at the beginning of this that the year beforehand was nothing short of terrible for my mental health, and it wasn't without its share of Pokémon-related drama either. I had been a Pokémon fan since the fall of 2010, but with so much drama and so many Pokémon games being released at the time, the negativity was starting to get to a point where, even though I really enjoyed Pokémon Legends and this Mario Kart DLC, I was closer than I'd like to admit to quitting Pokémon for good. I needed a sign, literally anything to keep myself interested in this franchise. So imagine my reaction when the one year when Mario Sunshine turns 20, the one year I started working on this Mario crossover, and the one year that I needed motivation more than ever before to stay a Pokémon fan. Say what you want about religion, faith, miracles, whatever. You can believe whatever you want to believe. I have no problems with that. That being said, however... out of all the years for the fans to finally get the dolphin Pokémon myself and millions of others have wanted for decades, 2022 being that year genuinely felt like it was meant to be

I don't think I'll ever forget the day when one of my friends who was trying to help me deal/cope with my extreme gaming anxiety at the time told me about some rumors they heard about the idea of a dolphin Pokémon being in the new generation. I can't remember off of my immediate memory how the conversation went down, only that in the long run, Finizen and especially Palafin might have single-handedly saved my interest in this franchise for the foreseeable future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)