Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

@ Vile -- We need to discuss this a bit more, maybe tomorrow when you are awake again.

@ Artemis -- When we get a little further we're probably going to need people to just test the theories a bit. I am doing some work on my software so that hopefully we can get to that point soon.
Ok, I'm home from school, and well I just want to say that I got yesterday the same spread twice, well it took me 1 hour to get it again, but I'm not sure if I was doing it right, I think I was lucky.

I'm going to do the same thing Vlie did for Heatran.

I'm going to write down all the spreads I get in case I get a different the same time besides my original one. I'll be standing right in front of heatran.

Edit: I suck at the timing stuff so it may take my longer than Vlie.

Edit:

wow i got lucky. I got 2 heatran's with the same IVs and nature. :)

I changed the way I was doing the timing thing for me since I suck and it worked.

@Vlie - Were you just timing the time on the continue screen or also the time of the capture? I am curious if the RNG runs per frame as it does in Emerald. The Japanese site says something about the number of steps taken which would be an interesting change.
Well I started the battle when I hit the time I wanted.

I'm going to do the same thing Vlie did for Heatran.

I'm going to write down all the spreads I get in case I get a different the same time besides my original one. I'll be standing right in front of heatran.

Edit: I suck at the timing stuff so it may take my longer than Vlie.

Edit:

wow i got lucky. I got 2 heatran's with the same IVs and nature. :)

I changed the way I was doing the timing thing for me since I suck and it worked.
It's very annoying to change the time the whole time. But congrats.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well the thing I am curious about it the talk of taking steps in the Jp guide. Leads me to believe catches might be step based instead of time based. Would seem odd for that to be the case though.

Also, how many tries to get the same spread?

After I got a way I could be more consistent, I started a new spread. I wrote done everyone's stats and time. I got my 3rd and my 6th reset to match. There may have been 2 extra failures between their (like I messed up on timing and didn't write it down). I got it within a half hour, I think 20ish minutes.

I'll try SRing in front of Dialga/Palkia and taking a step forward sometime this weekend because I won't be able to tomorrow.

I set my time to 15:17. turn off, on ds. At 15:17:15s I hit A (start the game) and start my timer. I rapidly hit A and start until the continue screen. Once there, I wait till 20.4s total and hit A and then on my timer hit lap so it starts over at 0 and keeps previous time. Then I wait till 9.1 seconds in game to hit A to fight pokemon. It works for me. Time on continue screen is about 5.6 seconds.

Well, when I beat the game I'll join in on this.

Wouldn't the best way to do this be setting the clock to like 12:00 then just SMASHING "A" until you get to the battle, chuck a masterball as quickly as possible, and just try to get all timing super quick?

That could work sorta. You don't need to chuck the ball as fast as possible. As soon as you click A to battle it, it gets its ivs, natures, etc. Some problems may be Turning on your DS and hitting the tap to confirm crap then a to start the game me be off. Thats why I waited to 15 seconds, to give me enough time.

Meh I set the time to 12 and keep mashing the A button WITH A SYNCHRONIZER and got the same natured same Iv'd pokemon 3 out out of 10 tries

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)