Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm sure it can be done in PHP, but it could be a little slow (and it will spike the CPU as it's going to have to plow through some possibilities to check).

I have the links to the instructions at home, though, so I will try to get those to you this evening. The general idea, though is to take the DV number (create it from the IVs, see xacts article) and then to basically use this as 1/2 of the seed and then plow through all 65536 combinations of the first part, using each one to seed a reverse RNG to get the PID part until you find one (or more) with the same nature. At least this is what gathered I was going to have to do from a quick skim of the articles that I read.

Next for each match you start going backwards through the sequence looking for possible matches based on the formula for platinum seeding and present the probable candidates to the user.

Fun stuff and I think the result will be pretty fucking awesome.
Ok, well I will try to do what I can, but I can't promise anything, and maybe finally after more 48 presetting in Platinum for a Shiny Origin Giratina, we, all, can get it :naughty:

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Oh, food for thought --

When we do get the seed finder in place the one thing that has worried me is how badly we advance the rng by being in battle and how that would screw up the rng (making it hard to adjust after that).

On possible solution might be to get a fossil pokemon. Should just be straight RNG calls to create it.

Anyone up for getting 10 or so of them and running them through xacts ivs to pid to make sure that they use method 1?

I need to catch up on all the terminology and such for generating seeds and PIDs and what not. After that, I'm going to do a lot of tests to see what effects calling the seeds. I'm on 6 badges now, working on going to snowpoint. I should have 8 badges by the end of school today (I'm in my school's library xD) so I can help with all that. There are AR codes for Platinum so I can check IVs and stuff the easy way, right?

I need to catch up on all the terminology and such for generating seeds and PIDs and what not. After that, I'm going to do a lot of tests to see what effects calling the seeds. I'm on 6 badges now, working on going to snowpoint. I should have 8 badges by the end of school today (I'm in my school's library xD) so I can help with all that. There are AR codes for Platinum so I can check IVs and stuff the easy way, right?
Yes, the new IV check is very easy and good!

Well I can't help with catching anymore, because I can't save anymore on the R4. So I will need to wait till Platinum comes here (22nd May)

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well, D/P's only method was 1 so that's not surprising. I'll only be worried this won't work if we come up with some that have no method 1 generation method. Fingers cross they all have method 1 matches and we know we can use this as a better way to find our position and to know what our next numbers are going to be.

didn't someone already get one of those and keep it? I thought I saw one mentioned a while ago. something like 31/x/31/30/30/31 just like the Emerald spread, but it was a bold cress

mingot

free agent
Ah that last one is very interesting. Looks like already done some of the things that I have planned in one of the screen shots. Basically a seed finder. Trying to find the download for that thing.

That new emloopy thing looks pretty cool too, thanks Jonny, will update the op with some of these links!

woowoo, and it looks like the inheretence algorithm for platinum (same as emerald, so thats one less thing it looks like we're going to have to crack):

[6] 遺伝 HABCDS場所
[7] 遺伝 ABCDS場所
[8] 遺伝 ACDS場所
[9] 遺伝 HABCDS親決め
[10]遺伝 ABCDS親決め
[11]遺伝 ACDS親決め

Looks like the the way the RNG can be manipulated by the pokétech apps is also explained but it's hard to tell from a google translation

you need to input a keyword "321" worked for me... it appeard automatically after I followed a certain link but I don't know why... I also downloaded another app but I can't figure what it is for...seems like X-act pid/iv applet.. by the way if you want pm me your msn addres and I'll send it to you

Is there a guide to all of the terminology, like Method 1, 2, seed, all that. I have a general idea, but just need to catch up with the ways of abuse, and how to use the programs and such. I remember seeing something like it (or maybe I made it up) so if someone could link me, I'd love it.

In the articles section, they have PID creation from a seed you can look at.

If someone can get the backward seed thing working on the japanese app, we can use mingot's to start abusing I belive.

I know how get got the 1026 number from the one japanese app. I can confirm this later tonight or tomorrow if I can trade someone a pokemon and find out my secret ID. Also, mingot's program would have to get the inital seed, not just the one right before it.

Someone needs to find out how the RNG fluctuates after his new version of the program comes up based on steps.

mingot

free agent
I just got backwards seed working here. :) (as part of RNG Reporter ... so on next release we'll have an IV's to seed application) It's not ready for any sort of release, but if you'd be as kind as to catch a monster after a reset and give me the IVs and nature I can supply you with a seed to mess around with to test the RNG advancing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)