Notable Moves:
Light Screen
Reflect
Parting Shot
Taunt
Thunder Wave
Trick

Overview:
At first glance, Morgrem does not look like a UU worthy mon at all. It's base stats are absolutely terrible, with not stat past 75 making it frail and posing no offensive threat to anything. But look again, and you'll see that Morgrem has an amazing ability in Prankster and has Light Screen + Reflect, with some other great supporting moves such as Taunt to stop mons like Haxorus and Espathra from setting up against it and stopping hazard setters such as Klefki, Toedscruel and Sandy Shocks, with the amazing Parting Shot to pivot around after it has set up screens for your team while also giving your mons an opportunity to set up, as screens + a parting shot lowering offensive stats makes the opposing mon do negligible damage. This trait of Screens + Parting Shot is unique to Morgrem in the tier, which allows Morgrem to have a niche as a screen setter in UU. Morgrem does have some notable flaws however; It is completely unable to touch Dark Types due to them being immune to Prankster moves (which is every status move) such as Bisharp, which can be dangerous as Morgrem will just be set up fodder for these specific mons, which is something you should try to play around when using Morgrem. Of course, Morgrem's dark typing also means that is immune to other Prankster users, so bear that in mind.

Potential Sets:

Morgrem (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 212 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Parting Shot

This is the standard set for Morgrem, it uses its ev's to add some bulk to itself, as it can get a screen up with priority which can make it tank hits well enough to get whatever utility you want out of it. 52 speed EVS are there to creep Klefki and Taunt it before it can get any hazards/screens up, making Morgrem an excellent lead against it. Otherwise, Morgrem is fairly one dimensional, you get Screens up, pivot out with Parting Shot and avoid Dark Types at all cost.

Sample Team

:morgrem: :hatterene: :espathra: :lucario: :gallade: :azumarill:

This team uses Morgrem to set up screens for mons like Hatterene, Espathra, Lucario and Gallade to overwhelm the opponent with strong set up sweepers that need to be dealt with carefully. Azumarill is mainly a cleaner on this team, using Belly Drum and sweeping with Aqua Jet once the other team members have broken the opposing team down.

Last edited:
Morgrem's stock has taken a big hit since the tier has started. Many of the scariest set up sweepers have disappeared and it's largely set up on or walled by dark types especially Bisharp. It also extremely frail and usually isn't able to set up screens more than once. Additionally it faces severe competition from Klefki, Espeon, and Sceam Tail. There is very little to justify its use.

Morgrem's stock has taken a big hit since the tier has started. Many of the scariest set up sweepers have disappeared and it's largely set up on or walled by dark types especially Bisharp. It also extremely frail and usually isn't able to set up screens more than once. Additionally it faces severe competition from Klefki, Espeon, and Sceam Tail. There is very little to justify its use.
The only niche i could think of is that its the only screen setter with parting shot in the tier but without eviolite Sableye is the bulkier and overall superior prankster dark type screen setter. I tried Morgrem in RU and i find that hes still frail even behind screens and i typically sack him around mid-game.

The only niche i could think of is that its the only screen setter with parting shot in the tier but without eviolite Sableye is the bulkier and overall superior prankster dark type screen setter. I tried Morgrem in RU and i find that hes still frail even behind screens and i typically sack him around mid-game.
Yeah most of the time Morgrem isn't worth the team slot. At least Sableye has Recover and some other moves to help its role

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)