More Dex Preferences?

I think there should be more settings for dex preferences. For example, we could list the pokemon by growth rate (I was looking for pokemon with "Very Fast" growth rates, and it took me pretty long to find them). This sounds a little unorthodox, but perhaps we could list the tier list by how high up the pokemon are on the tier list. For example, Snorlax, Salamence, Metagross, Heracross and maybe Skarmory would be at the top because of how they dominate the OU metagame. Please tell me what you guys think! ;)

Oh yeah, BTW: this came from the ADV board; Myself and a lot of other people think there should be a "semi-uber" tier. It would have all legendaries (except for Articuno, Registeel, or Ubers) and Mew and maybe Deoxys-E. With some testeing, we found mew is very hard to bring out, and is so hard to come up with EVs (see the thread). I tried Deoxys-E; it can be killed kinda easily (think: Ninjask used sub, gets higher speed and HP Bugs OHKOs it) and has only ok stats (except speed; also i found he can't exactly CM in safety). This idea is mainlyv to avoid "NO LEGENDARIES" in OU; we all use legends in OU. Maybe a /semiubers off can help this.

kinda odd that there has been NO veiwers in like 40 minutes...cmon, tell me what you guys think of this so it might be possible!

Semi-ubers sounds kinda gay, seeing as there will be about 10 pokemon. The "No Legendaries" people can get over it, it's part of the metagame and it's here to stay.

Also, in regards to tiers, it's hard enough to agree on tiers. Order within tiers would never, ever happen.

I have no idea what to make of the semi-uber thing being gay...ubers has not much more than ten any way >:( . It is just so ANNOYING for people to whine abou legendaries. It's also a kind of excuse for Mew to be used in what would be semi-uber/OU play. You're entitled to your own opinion. BTW, what did you think of the dex thing? I need more opinons on that. JUST DON'T FLAME ME. :eek:

I have a second suggestion, but it may not work. I think we could take the possible things that may happen in D/P (mainly the fact that things like T-Punch would be physical and Hyper Beam = Special) and make a pre-D/P metagame. tier list would be changed, and it will give people a chance to practice with the metagame before D/P comes out. Like a SD Feraligatr with physical STAB Waterfall (not sure if it's physical) would be BL/OU. It might take away from surprise, but i would like to see this very much.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
There are many more preferences for the new dex coming soon, and semi-ubers isn't one of them. Tiers will be added, which is why I would prefer it if people like ToP would not place words in my mouth.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think ToP meant that we're not going to rank each individual Pokemon, unless we are, which I disagree with, since it's approximately impossible.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
well dawg they are all rated in tiers, so why wouldn't we transfer that over to the dex system :/ if you are talking about pre-evos, they go in NFE

alright, cool. Semi-uber was simply a suggestion to get rid of the stupid "no legendaries" thing people complain about. Chaos, i think you have some awesome changes going on that will help smogon a lot.

chaos said:
There are many more preferences for the new dex coming soon, and semi-ubers isn't one of them. Tiers will be added, which is why I would prefer it if people like ToP would not place words in my mouth.
I think I drew the wrong conclusion out of what he was trying to say. The way he worded it made it sound like he wanted to rank each pokemon, not just seperate them out into tiers. I'm all for that, so it's not like I was trying to place words in your mouth.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I got the impression of say, putting Unown as the best, then Delibird as the second best, then Ditto as the third, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)