Pet Mod More Balanced Hackmons v4

I may or may not add some new submits later
Not submitting anything, I'm convinced changing types is just impossible to balance. Maybe adding a type would be more balanced but I don't want to sort out all the specifics
Name: Fishious Rend, Bolt Beak (Edit) Suggestion 1
Accuracy: Unchanged
Power: 75 -> 70
Category: Unchanged
PP: Unchanged
Effect: Unchanged
Priority: Unchanged
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Unchanged
Type: Unchanged
Justification: While Fishious is more or less OK, 150 BP Bolt Beak off of threats like Zacian-C heavily damages common walls like Arceus-Water, threatening potential 2HKOs, a small BP nerf can help reduce its overall power, and also make options like Sheer Force Bolt Strike more competitive.

Name: Fishious Rend, Bolt Beak (Edit) Suggestion 2
Power: Unchanged
PP: 16 -> 8
Justification: An alternate suggestion to prevent these moves from being too splashable. 8 PP makes clicking these moves require some thought and makes competition more appealing.

Name: Life Dew
Effect: Previously: Each Pokemon on the user's side restores 1/4 of its maximum HP, rounded half up.
New: The user restores 1/2 of its maximum HP if Delta Stream or no weather conditions are in effect or if any active Pokemon is holding Utility Umbrella, 2/3 of its maximum HP if the weather is Primordial Sea or Rain Dance, and 1/4 of its maximum HP if the weather is Desolate Land, Sunny Day, Sandstorm, or Snow, all rounded half down.
Justification: Provides a Rain version of the healing moves for some improofing options.

Name: Poltergeist
Accuracy: 90 -> 100
PP: 8 -> 16
Justification: Poltergeist is a fun move with a fun effect, some qol changes like accuracy buff and PP buff to help make this move more relevant.
Name: Anticipation
Effect: When the moves Doom Desire, Future Sight are used, they will activate an additional time on the turn after the move is originally used, in addition to the normal activation two turns after the move is originally used, with both activations deal 1/3rd less damage. For Wish, it will activate an additional time on the turn the move is used, in addition to the normal activation one turn after the move is originally used, with both activations restore 1/3rd less health.
Permanent: No.
Ignoreable: Yes.
Justification: Doom Desire and Future Sight are fantastic offensive support tools that can enable some very creative and deadly combinations. Wish can also be very interesting support for certain Pokemon. This ability makes the moves quite a bit more effective, creating two turns of damage or immediate healing support for the user.

Name: Quark Drive, Protosynthesis
Effect: 1.5x potential buff for all stats instead of only Speed.
Justification: Combo with previous Booster Energy buff. Basically potential old Intrepid Sword with locked item.
:sv/iron-bundle:
Name: Iron Bundle
Type: Ice/Water
Stats: 56/80/114/124/60/136|570 -> 76/80/94/134/80/136|600 (+20 HP, -20 Def, +10 SpA, +20 SpD)
Justification: Iron Bundle has a really cool offensive typing and decent stats, notably it has perfect coverage between STABs. 134 SpA gives it enough power to 2HKO Ice Scales Arc with Specs PSea Water Spout after 1 Spike, 2HKO PH POgre with LO SF Freeze-Dry, and 2HKO neutral Arc with LO SF Steam Eruption. Extra SpD lets it always live two Griseous Orb Giratina's Core Enforcers, Def dropped to match HP increase.
I wanted to give it extra speed so it could opt for Modest while outspeeding 120s but 138 ties hero formes and 137 is an odd number :/

:sv/darmanitan-galar-zen:
Name: Darmanitan-Galar-Zen
Type: Ice/Fire
Stats: 105/160/55/30/55/135|540 -> 105/130/55/30/55/135|520 (-30 Atk)
Justification: Everyone's favourite Snowman has an absurd offensive typing and stats, but so far Glance is nerfed and V-create has been nerfed, so it might be manageable. Some stat adjustments reduce its overall power, making stuff like Band OPulse V-create unable to 2HKO Mega Slowbro, and Band Glance unable to 2HKO PDon.

:sv/audino-mega:
Name: Audino-Mega
Type: Normal/Fairy
Stats: 103/60/126/80/126/50|535 -> 103/60/126/110/126/50|565 (+30 SpA)
Justification: Audino-Mega kind of fell off the meta pretty hard ever since mid USUM. A moderate SpA bump helps greatly reduce its passivity, letting Moonblast now 2HKO threats like Miraidon. This lets MAudino be a solid SpD pivot that can still do its usual role of switching into passive mons while retaining momentum, as Mega Gengar is less used, letting MAudino blanket most SpAers. It is still enormous bait for most Zac-C and PDon sets, making QD PH a less attractive option.

:sv/Iron Valiant:
Name: Iron Valiant
Type: Fighting/Fairy
Stats: 74/130/90/120/60/116|590-> 74/140/90/140/60/126|590(+10 Atk, +20 SpA, +10 Spe)
Justification: Iron Valiant has a cool offensive typing and ability to run a lot of potential sets, however its offenses leave a lot to be desired. 140SpA allows it to 2HKO stuff like RegenVest Zyg and Arceus with Light of Ruin. Made Atk match because idk. Speed obv to outspeed the 120 tier.

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
anaconja
ban
Z-nogyroP

Bolt Beak/Fishious Rend (Op.2)
Stone Axe/Ceasless Edge
Torque Moves
Bolt Beak/Fishious Rend (Op.1)

Rivalry
Quark Drive/Protosynthesis
Mycelium Might
Starmobile

Revaroom
Iron Valiant
Darmanitan-Galar-Zen
Kingambit

tera: z-nogyrop, ban
moves: bolt beak/fishious rend 1, torque moves, poltergeist, razor shell
abilities: starmobile, hadron engine / orichalcum pulse, protean / libero, quark drive / protosynthesis
adjustments: audino-mega, revavroom, scream tail, abomasnow

Ban
OriPulse/Hadron (anaconja)
Quark/Proto (Self) (This might conflict with the above?)
Cedge/SAxe (anaconja)
FishBeak 1 (Self)
Life Dew (Self)
Ho-Oh/Lugia (anaconja)
MAud (Self)
Snowman (Self)
Other snowman (anaconja)

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
gg avoided the 2 month anniversary

winners
Name: Ceaseless Edge / Stone Axe
Accuracy: 100
Power: unchanged
Category: Physical
PP: unchanged
Effect: unchanged
Priority: unchanged
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): unchanged
Type: unchanged
Pokémon With This Move (optional): + :zoroark::gallade: (ceaseless edge) + :barbaracle::sudowoodo: (stone axe)
Justification: these fuckin moves miss so damn much i hate it

Name: Wicked Torque / Blazing Torque
Accuracy: unchanged
Power: 100
PP: unchanged
Effect: Afflicts the target with Taunt if they are statused. / 10% chance to burn the target.
Priority: unchanged
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Contact
Type: unchanged
Pokémon With This Move (optional): + :revavroom:
Justification: wicked/blazing torque being only 80 bp bothered me so heres a buff, taking a page from joltemons for wicked. blazing torque competes with sacred fire but imo the lower burn chance balances out the higher pp.

Name: Orichalcum Pulse / Hadron Engine
Effect: On switch-in, summons Sunny Day / Electric Terrain. During Sunny Day / Electric Terrain, highest stat is 1.3x, 1.5x if Speed.
Impermanent: No
Ignoreable: No
Justification: nerfs to oripulse and hadron engine because imo i find them too overbearing (hadron much more so). primarily nerfs miraidon and zacc while not touching more niche users like xurk and blaziken. also could be used for like megarupt/reshiram/zekrom? who knows

:sv/ho-oh::sv/lugia:
Name: Ho-Oh/Lugia
Ho-Oh Stats: 106 / 140 / 110 / 100 / 134 / 90 | 680
Lugia Stats: 106 / 90 / 140 / 110 / 134 / 100 | 680
Justification: both of these mons are mid in the meta, hooh mostly for being a special wall weak to electric and lugia for just having a bad typing overall. this attempts to spruce them up a bit. hooh gets more physical bulk to comfortably live volt tackles if fc along with a slight power boost, while lugia gets a spa boost to maybe abuse lumina crash + boomburst/owing along with a slight def boost. they both get nerfed spd but both have good enough typing to take the hit.

:sv/abomasnow::sv/abomasnow-mega:
Name: Abomasnow(-Mega)
Base Stats: 90 / 90 / 85 / 90 / 85 / 60 | 500
Mega Stats: 90 / 120 / 120 / 120 / 120 / 20 | 600
Mega Ability: Drizzle
Type: Grass / Water
Justification: grass water is a pretty cool typing being a water that resists ground and a grass that isnt weak to fire. with fc it does well against zacc and with covert cloak should wall stuff like zygc indefinitely.
Name: Fishious Rend, Bolt Beak (Edit) Suggestion 1
Power: 75 -> 70
PP: Unchanged
Justification: While Fishious is more or less OK, 150 BP Bolt Beak off of threats like Zacian-C heavily damages common walls like Arceus-Water, threatening potential 2HKOs, a small BP nerf can help reduce its overall power, and also make options like Sheer Force Bolt Strike more competitive.

Justification: Combo with previous Booster Energy buff. Basically potential old Intrepid Sword with locked item.

:sv/darmanitan-galar-zen:
Name: Darmanitan-Galar-Zen
Stats: 105/160/55/30/55/135|540 -> 105/130/55/30/55/135|520 (-30 Atk)
Justification: Everyone's favourite Snowman has an absurd offensive typing and stats, but so far Glance is nerfed and V-create has been nerfed, so it might be manageable. Some stat adjustments reduce its overall power, making stuff like Band OPulse V-create unable to 2HKO Mega Slowbro, and Band Glance unable to 2HKO PDon.
additionally, terastallization is now banned
gonna pause for a playtest break in preparation for pmpl

Time for a team Dump!

Week 1 Team - https://replay.sciroccogti.top/files/gen9morebalancedhackmonsv4-3818-qtesseract-micciu.html
This was my first MBH team ever, as you can see it kind of has some flaws. Main idea is that PH Arceus or Regigas wins. Couple of weird stuff here, like purifying salt mlatios - I thought i might be able to surprise life an astral barrage and get a kill, while it also protects from nuzzle - and ring target Zygarde-C, which I misunderstood what did and spent a lot of the game afraid to click volt switch into imposter lmao. Otherwise it mostly worked as planned despite the issues.

Week 2 Team - https://replay.sciroccogti.top/files/gen9morebalancedhackmonsv4-4032-quojova-quantumtesseract.html
Weak 2 I played quojova, which looked to be a bit tougher since I know they play normal BH. I still didn't have a solid grasp on the meta so I brought something pretty similar to last week. Fucked up early game getting imposter knocked but it turned out fine. There was a bit of a glitch with oripulse which seemed cool in building but it didn't end up mattering.

Week 3 Team - https://replay.sciroccogti.top/file...onsv4-4208-quantumtesseract-chessking345.html
"I also gotta find a calyshadow check thats not ttar because im sure they'll prep for that. also gonna need a latios check which is oh boy, scales Arc-fairy, maybe, or wbb zacc"

Still on the PH streak this week but decided to mix it up by not using regigigas (who had been mediocre) or Arceus (since I needed him for another set) so I went with xerneas. Main idea was double fairyspam, diancie weakens a lot of stuff for xerneas to win even without breaker set and xerneas keeps hazards off par excellence. In the end tho random QD mon won and it was arc and not xerneas lol.

Week 4 Team - https://replay.sciroccogti.top/file...kmonsv4-4287-teaguzzler-quantumtesseract.html

Lost this one. Got Greedy in prep, there wasn't really any reason to be lumina crash but it seemed like a cool idea since I was clear amulet lol. Got punished for not having good coverage on my fairyceus and then couldn't bring it back. Did end up liking the zacian set and ended up remixing it in the future.

Week 5 Team- https://replay.sciroccogti.top/files/gen9morebalancedhackmonsv4-4347-qtesseract-onyxonix7.html

The return of scales Zacc, Specs Diancie, and Zygarde-C. I really liked the team but it ended up beign a distraction and what I needed to do was toss 5 mons and then win lol; bounce steelceus is super crazy into passive stalls like this. At first I thought they were still metal burst on chansey which I would need to play around, but they were just the mildly annoying parting shot instead so it was totally free. I played a slowly losing game to try and get as much scouting and positioning etc advantage out of my other 5 as possible but it didn't really matter as long as I didn't get Steelceus last in on healthy Giratina to get cored, which I didn't and then won the game with the mon that beat their whole team. Apparently made my entire team super nervous though since they didn't know steelceus beat everything and just saw me steadily get down more and more pokemon.

Semis Team - https://replay.sciroccogti.top/files/gen9morebalancedhackmonsv4-4392-quantumtesseract-onyxonix7.html
I had already used my best team idea into onyx last week so I had to mix things up, especially since there was zero chance they brought another super passive balance like that again (I still prepped for it but didn't expect it). They ended up bringing normalize shenanigans into double entrainment and GAG which was just super rough for them, but I did almost toss the game by risking a 90% tcage hit for 0 reason lmao so. Pressure was a cool idea but in retrospect just unnecesary styling and I should have run anything real there instead. Ended up benefitting a bit from the double ceaseless edge glitch but I had them completely spinblocked if I cared to and in theory completely walled if I didn't give them a path to victory for no reason so I think it just sped things up a bit.

Playoffs tiebreak - https://replay.sciroccogti.top/files/gen9morebalancedhackmonsv4-4411-quantumtesseract-onyxonix7.html
Third game vs Onyx, I had used up most of my cool ideas game 1 and 2 vs them so I just brought out the brokens. GAG victory dance, Normalize Trapper Calyrex, Quiver Dance arceus, etc. Normalize Calyrex ended up being the ticket that won me.

Overall thoughts: There are some cool things about this pet mod, but a bunch of stuff that's broken or completely needless. Fairies are incredibly stupid, with like 2.5 viable checks to stop them from murdering everything and they often still will. Contrary is incredibly fucking stupid, 0 idea why it's allowed even with the slight nerf. Zacian should probably go but for the moment he helps limit the fairy types from being totally insane. I think Oripulse is probably broken but I never managed to theorymon a set that was other than on already broken pokemon like Latios. Ring Target and Clear Amulet are both incredibly cool items, Muscle Band is incredibly stupid and should not be legal, both for pop bomb and for just invalidating so many other cool items, Calyrex shadow is still wildly unbalanced and needs either a real nerf instead of the fake one it got or a ban.

anaconja

long day at job
results of the poll
1689785229851.png

glad to see that people did enjoy the metagame even if a few thought it was not as competitive as it should be. people commented that random setup was their biggest grievance, and that makes sense - there was a whole lot of qd arcs, tg calyrexes, and it is difficult to cover for everything, even with the curious medicine buff. people also disliked ceaseless edge, probably because of the weird bug that happened where it set twice.

onto the possibly problematic mons:
1689785522002.png

most universal was the latios mega/soul dew buff. soul dew nerf was most requested but there were other suggestions to nerf its stats directly or just do something about contrary.

1689785663738.png

speaking of contrary, people didnt like contrary! while a couple said it was only problematic on latios, a couple wanted the effect changed or even to ban it entirely.

1689785751969.png

calyrex-s was more mixed, most people thought it was fine, probably because while 160 speed is crazy 135 spa makes it much easier to handle.

1689785739167.png

1689785819386.png

finally, most people thought oripulse/hadron and zac-c were fine as is. i was apprehensive at the start of pmpl about the idea of oripulse + blacephalon or hadron + zekrom, but neither of these saw much traction (oripulse + latios was used instead, and i feel that's more of a latios/soul dew problem). zac-c i didn't feel felt very problematic because of its lack of access to tera and the existence of more mons that check it, though qt used mostly stallbreaking sets in gag + sub + natures madness so maybe i didn't take those into account. most people seem to agree that its not problematic at the moment though.

other things people found nerfable:
- muscle band probably could be reverted to not give popbomb max accuracy
- sheer force fairies (probably make sandsear 95 bp)
- Fairies, especially PH fairies. One option would be to make land’s wrath a physical ground type core enforcer which would be cool but I’m not married to it.
- Ceaseless Edge still feels slightly oppressive. Random setup seems really dumb but unsure how to approach nerf.
- Ceaseless Edge and Stone Axe, I think can be an issue. Nerfing it so covert Cloak can block both secondary effects would be a good idea and would make sense thematically. (ana note: covert cloak already does this atm)
- ceaseless edge, nerf all of bp and pp and acc. also i don't think making all storm moves 100 acc a good idea.
- PH, probably reduce the amount of hp it heals?
things people might want to see buffed:
- dgz looks like a shitmon honestly, needs more atk gulp missile could be buffed to poison
- scream tail (normal/fairy, drastically increased spa), rend/beak (75bp at least), pheromosa (+10 spe), blue flare/bolt strike (120bp/100acc)
- I think Iron Treads is very nearly incredibly cool but a bit undertuned; something that makes it slightly bulkier, maybe, or the same bulk but fast. TTar could stand to be slightly bulkier, like maybe another 10 hp.
- steelix-mega? i have no idea why it's used so much in pmpl. buff its spatk plz XD
- Giratina! Please, my baby! Buff it by giving it ghost/steel typing to be a better aegislash and maybe registeel too (fairy/steel) so it can be cool again (ana note: what)
finally, final comments:
- dont like the genesect forms as chill outclasses kyub
- It would be cool if we could make like, a bulkier but less offensive PDon so we could free him with abilities like pogre is.
- curious medicine is fun. also i can't wait to buff flygon
- I'll make slates on buffing these 2 if I gotta! (in reference to giratina and registeel)
on that note, slate 6 is open
keep these people's feedback in mind as you sub

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Name: Bolt Beak / Fishious Rend
Accuracy: 100
Power: 70 -> 75
Z-Power (if a signature attack): N/A
PP: 16
Effect: Damage doubles if the user moves before the target.
Z-Effect (if a Status move): N/A
Priority: 0
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Contact, Fishious Rend is Biting
Type: Electric / Water
Pokémon With This Move (optional):
Justification: There is basically zero reason to use 140 BP Beak and Rend. 150 tones them down from standard but still keeps them actually worth using over Bolt Strike or a different coverage option. Only major risk with this is Hadron Zekrom may become unbalanced as a result.
Name: Contrary
Effect: If a stat would be lowered by any amount of stages, it will be raised by one stage, and vice versa. Activates once per switch-in.
Impermanent: Yes
Ignoreable: Yes
Pokémon With This Ability:
Justification: Removes the wall-crushing potential that current Contrary has but still maintains the ability to scare out most offensive threats; Contrary can still punch through walls, but it requires more support and gets past faster options much less consistently.
:sv/scream tail:
Name: Scream Tail
Type: Fairy/Psychic -> Fairy/Normal
Stats: 115/65/99/65/115/111 -> 115/25/99/95/111/121 (-40 Atk, +30 SpA, +10 Spe)
Justification: Fairy/Normal and good Speed gives it the jump on Latios and Arceus-Ghost, giving it potential to wall both while offering low Strength Sap recovery; it's still frailer and weaker than Ice Scales Arceus, but provides an alternative if you don't have the slot to spare. Also provides another option to keep Caly-S in check and dissuades MGar from mindlessly spamming Moongeist.

:sm/pheromosa:
Name: Pheromosa
Type: Bug/Fighting
Stats: 71/137/37/137/37/151 -> 71/137/31/137/31/163 (-6 Def, -6 SpD, +12 Spe)
Justification: Gives Pheromosa a niche thanks to outspeeding Caly-S. -6/-6/+12 used instead of -5/-5/+10 because i'm pedantic and it keeps the statline as all prime numbers.

:ss/darmanitan-galar-zen:
Name: Galarian Darmanitan-Z
Stats: 105/130/55/30/55/135 -> 105/145/55/30/55/135 (+15 Atk)
Justification: Nerfing offensive mons by gutting their offensive potential is not the way to do things. This only works with Caly because it's still a fast Ghost; DGZ still runs into the Fur Coat Water that's still on basically every team trying to check PDon. 145 makes it actually worth using but still keeps it below base, and is still low enough to ensure it can't go Jolly and get OPulse Atk.

I may or may not add some new submits later or change existing ones
Name: Life Dew
Effect: Previously: Each Pokemon on the user's side restores 1/4 of its maximum HP, rounded half up.
New: The user restores 1/2 of its maximum HP if Delta Stream or no weather conditions are in effect or if any active Pokemon is holding Utility Umbrella, 2/3 of its maximum HP if the weather is Primordial Sea or Rain Dance, and 1/4 of its maximum HP if the weather is Desolate Land, Sunny Day, Sandstorm, or Snow, all rounded half down.
Justification: Provides a Rain version of the healing moves for some improofing options.

Name: Poltergeist
Accuracy: 90 -> 100
Power: 110 -> 100
PP: 8 -> 16
Effect: Add: Inflicts Embargo on the opponent.
Justification: Poltergeist is a fun move with a fun effect, some qol changes like accuracy buff and PP buff to help make this move more relevant. Embargo effect is cool to act as a pseudo-Knock Off since Poltergeist has anti synergy with Knock Off.

Name: Ceaseless Edge / Stone Axe
Power: 65 -> 50
PP: 24 -> 16
Justification: Ceaseless is broken even with Cloak, power nerf helps make it take longer to force recoveries and less appealing as main STAB for Darks, PP nerf means it ties with Tidy Up on PP.

Name: Quiver Dance / Tail Glow
PP: 32 -> 16
Justification: Consistent with VD and Tidy PP, matching Spectral PP so you can't just outstall Spectral.
Name: Anticipation
Effect: When the moves Doom Desire, Future Sight are used, they will activate an additional time on the turn after the move is originally used, in addition to the normal activation two turns after the move is originally used, with both activations deal 1/3rd less damage. For Wish, it will activate an additional time on the turn the move is used, in addition to the normal activation one turn after the move is originally used, with both activations restoring 1/3rd less health.
Justification: Doom Desire and Future Sight are fantastic offensive support tools that can enable some very creative and deadly combinations. Wish can also be very interesting support for certain Pokemon. This ability makes the moves quite a bit more effective, creating two turns of damage or immediate healing support for the user.

:sv/iron-bundle:
Name: Iron Bundle
Type: Ice/Water
Stats: 56/80/114/124/60/136|570 -> 76/80/94/134/80/136|600 (+20 HP, -20 Def, +10 SpA, +20 SpD)
Justification: Iron Bundle has a really cool offensive typing and decent stats, notably it has perfect coverage between STABs. 134 SpA gives it enough power to 2HKO Ice Scales Arc with Specs PSea Water Spout after 1 Spike, 2HKO PH POgre with LO SF Freeze-Dry, and 2HKO neutral Arc with LO SF Steam Eruption. Extra SpD lets it always live two Griseous Orb Giratina's Core Enforcers, Def dropped to match HP increase.
I wanted to give it extra speed so it could opt for Modest while outspeeding 120s but 138 ties hero formes and 137 is an odd number :/

:sv/audino-mega:
Name: Audino-Mega
Type: Normal/Fairy
Stats: 103/60/126/80/126/50|535 -> 103/60/126/110/126/50|565 (+30 SpA)
Justification: Audino-Mega kind of fell off the meta pretty hard ever since mid USUM. A moderate SpA bump helps greatly reduce its passivity, letting Moonblast now 2HKO threats like Miraidon. This lets MAudino be a solid SpD pivot that can still do its usual role of switching into passive mons while retaining momentum, as Mega Gengar is less used, letting MAudino blanket most SpAers. It is still enormous bait for most Zac-C and PDon sets, making QD PH a less attractive option.

:sv/Iron Valiant:
Name: Iron Valiant
Type: Fighting/Fairy
Stats: 74/130/90/120/60/116|590-> 74/140/90/140/60/126|590(+10 Atk, +20 SpA, +10 Spe)
Justification: Iron Valiant has a cool offensive typing and ability to run a lot of potential sets, however its offenses leave a lot to be desired. 140SpA allows it to 2HKO stuff like RegenVest Zyg and Arceus with Light of Ruin. Made Atk match because idk. Speed obv to outspeed the 120 tier.

Will probably add more later.
Name: Ceaseless Edge
Accuracy: 90
Power: 20
Justification: Imagine even buffing this move... Its bug is an accident and is already fixed btw.

Name: Bleakwind Storm and the other 3
Accuracy: 90
Justification: 80 is too bad while 100 is too good. So the average should be right.
Name: Ruin Abilities
Effect: 0.75x -> 0.8x, no longer have debuffs on ability owner itself.
Justification: Generally the more consistent an offensive ability is the less buff it should give. E.g. Dragon's Maw (1.5x for only one type) -> Adaptability (1.33x for STABs) -> Tough Claws (1.3x for Contact Moves) -> Ruin Abilities (1.25x now for all Moves of one Category).

Name: Aura Break
Effect: If opponent has a stat stage raised it is lowered instead, and vice versa. Self-Announces. (i.e. Vanilla Contrary for opponent.)
Justification: Fun counterpart for Curious Medicine which deals with Setup attackers. Note this won't reverse stat stages on switch-in.

Name: Trace
Effect: Copies the effect of the Pokemon's held item. Reveals the item on switch-in. Effective only if it's the Pokemon's first turn on the field.
Justification: Fun ability allowing you to have two same items. Too good if two Choice Bands so I give it the same restriction as Fake Out.
:sv/flygon:
Name: Flygon
Type: Bug/Dragon
Stats: 80/90/110/90/130/100 (BST: 600)
Justification: Ground resist which is not weak to fire. Almost the same physical bulk as Palkia and almost the same special bulk as Miraidon.

anaconja

long day at job
Name: Ceaseless Edge, Stone Axe
Base Power: 80
Effect: now only set hazards when the move is resisted
Justification: pulling from alternatium ex, definitely helps it not be nearly as spammable as it should be. personally dont think these are problematic enough to warrant as huge a nerf as nuking its bp or pp so heres my compromise.

Name: Double Shock
Base Power: 50
Effect: Hits twice. Second hit damages based on SpD.
Justification: weird way for phys attackers to break through some physical walls. also there isnt a great spammable electric physmove so heres one.

Name: Bleakwind/Wildbolt/Sandsear/Springtide Storm
Base Power: 85
Effect: 30% to activate their secondaries
Justification: slightly worse than thunderbolt/ep/moonblast in terms of power but have a more common secondary so should be somewhat relevant
Name: Magician
Effect: While this Pokemon is active, the opponent's items have no effect.
Permanent: no
Ignoreable: yes
Justification: magician sucks so heres a similar effect but better

Name: Gulp Missile
Effect: original effect, but gulping now lowers the attacker's def/spe by 1 and gorging poisons the attacker
Permanent: unchanged
Ignoreable: unchanged
Justification: gulp missile was nerfed too much so heres a better option. lower spe allows slower wallbreakers to take advantage and poison is a much more debilitating effect but not as bad as paralysis

Name: Grass Pelt
Effect: On switchin, this Pokemon sets Grassy Terrain. This Pokemon's Def is 1.5x in Grassy Terrain.
Permanent: yes
Ignoreable: n/a
Justification: throwing an idea out there cause hadron engine has a big monopoly on terrains and adding a viable terrain might tone it down a notch

Name: Technocrat
Effect: On switchin, if any weather or terrain is active, it ends and this Pokemon heals 1/4 max HP. Otherwise, raise its SpD by 1.
Permanent: no
Ignoreable: n/a
Justification: weird ass abil but it beats oripulse/hadron!!!
Name: Soul Dew
Effect: From 1.5x to 1.25x
Removable: unchanged
Fling Power & Effect: unchanged
Justification: someone had to do it
:sv/heracross-mega:
Name: Heracross-Mega
Type: Bug/Rock
Stats: 90 / 135 / 70 / 50 / 70 / 135 | 550
Mega Stats: 90 / 155 / 130 / 50 / 150 / 75 | 650
Mega Ability: Tough Claws
Justification: this might be weird af but the idea behind it is its a rock that can use sand stream viably since it isnt weak to common physical coverage that special mons use like cc and headlong. also fat uturns probably helps.

:sv/porygon2::ss/porygon-z:
Name: Porygon2 / Porygon-Z
Type: Normal / Ghost | Normal / Ghost
Stats: 85 / 70 / 90 / 110 / 115 / 60 | 530
Z Stats: 85 / 80 / 90 / 135 / 85 / 95 | 570
Justification: normal ghost is a pretty good mixed wall typing taking most special attacks neutrally which is good given 85/115 stats at +1. just be careful of koff, and note that its basically impossible to improof well. pz is a copemon if you wanted ghostceus but used ur arceus slot already

:sv/zarude::ss/zarude-dada:
Name: Zarude / Zarude-Dada
Type: Dark / Fighting | Dark / Fairy
Stats: 95 / 140 / 95 / 60 / 95 / 135 | 600
Dada Stats: 140 / 135 / 95 / 95 / 95 / 60 | 600
Justification: base gets the coveted wicked/cc stab for tc sets but is otherwise mostly outclassed by mmx. dada is a dark who isnt weak to fighting and can put out big damage with pursuit and maybe some pixilate stuff.

:sv/scovillain:
Name: Scovillain
Type: Grass / Fire
Stats: 105 / 130 / 85 / 70 / 140 / 70 | 600
Justification: hooh like statline allows it to check fairies very efficiently given its neutrality to the majority of coverage. can use some funny triage sets but unsure how viable those will be considering the triage nerf and how slow it is.

more later

Last edited:

TTTech

My fate is a haunted curse!
is a Pre-Contributor
:Giratina:
Name: Giratina
Type: Ghost/Dragon -> Ghost/Steel
Stats: 150/100/120/100/120/90 -> 140/100/110/100/110/90 (-10 HP, -10 Def, -10 SpD)
Justification: Giratina has been called mid by many since it has past its prime hay days back in gen 6-7. This'll make Giratina more viable by giving it the same typing as Aegislash, but at the cost of slightly less bulk and making it weak to PDon.

:Registeel:
Name: Registeel
Type: Steel -> Steel/Fairy
Stats: 80/75/150/75/150/50 -> 80/75/130/75/130/50 (-20 Def, -20 SpD)
Justification: Similar situation to Giratina. Giving it the best typing, but at the cost of less bulk overall.

Will adjust these 2 when I think on if these changes are overbearing or too little

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:sv/absol-mega:
Name: Absol-Mega
Type: Dark / Fairy
Stats: 65 / 150 / 60 / 115 / 60 / 115 >>> 65 / 145 / 60 / 135 / 60 / 125 (-5 Atk, +20 SpA, +10 Spe)
Justification: Mega Absol was always known as a cool mega that had bad competitive usage. Added Fairy typing because flavour and it also helps it competitively and buffed it's stats to make it a mixed attacker

Last edited:
Name: Outrage
Accuracy: 100%
Power: 120
Z-Power (if a signature attack): same than before
PP: 15 (max 24)
Effect
: Has 33% recoil. 10% chance to lower target's Def by 1 stage.
Priority: same
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): same
Type: Dragon
Justification: Making Outrage finally worth using over other Dragon physical STABs, for MGLO physical Dragons like Zekrom or Rayquaza.

Name: Color Change
Effect: This Pokemon's type changes to the type of a move before being hit by it, unless it has the type.
Justification: Resub. Turning this ability from bad to niche. It actually grants a really high number of resistances (10, being Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, Ice, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Dark and Steel), as well as poison, para, burn and freeze immunity, at the cost of 2 weaknesses (Ghost and Dragon). Still need to be worth over FurScales and stuff like that but could be good on things like Zygod or Lugia that hate their current typing.

Name: Justified
Effect: This Pokemon's Atk is raised by 1 stage after it's hit by a Dark-type moves (including status). Dark type immunity.
Justification: Dark immunity meaning Knock Off, Pursuit, Ceaseless Edge, Parting Shot immunity. Huge for improofing (but might possibly make Ceaseless Edge a bit more annoying 'cause easier to improof).

Name: Disillusioned
Effect: Hits Fairy opponents for neutral damages using Dark moves; Fairy immune.
Pokémon With This Ability (Optional): :scrafty: :cursola:
Justification: Fairy immunity, making some niche improof possible.

:sv/lucario-mega:
Name: Lucario-Mega
Type: Fighting/Ghost
Stats: 70/145/88/140/70/112 => 70/145/88/130/70/122
Justification: Finally, a viable Ghost/Fighting. Let's be real, Lucario-Mega can't be good in a metagame with Kartana and Zacian-Crowned. So this is why I opted for the Fighting/Ghost approach, giving it a bit more Speed so it could actually be more effective. Its original stats should be fine otherwise, as Fighting/Ghost is excellent, and STAB Close Combat + Poltergeist is just great.

Last edited:
:sv/beedrill-mega:
Name: Beedrill-Mega
Type: Steel/Poison
Stats: Unchanged
Justification: Mega Beedrill trades in its Bug typing for Steel

:sv/guzzlord:
Name: Guzzlord
Type: Dark/Dragon
Stats: 223/101/53/97/53/43 -> 223/121/63/127/103/43
Justification: Stats upgraded to be on par with box legendaries.

Name: Magnet Pull
Effect: Opposing Steel-type Pokemon have their Speed reduced by 25%. Made the reduction 25% because paralysis is 50%
Ignoreable: Yes
Justification: Changing this from a trapping ability to something that still makes sense.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
veto
:Giratina:
Name: Giratina
Type: Ghost/Dragon -> Ghost/Steel
Stats: 150/100/120/100/120/90 -> 140/100/110/100/110/90 (-10 HP, -10 Def, -10 SpD)
Justification: Giratina has been called mid by many since it has past its prime hay days back in gen 6-7. This'll make Giratina more viable by giving it the same typing as Aegislash, but at the cost of slightly less bulk and making it weak to PDon.

Will adjust these 2 when I think on if these changes are overbearing or too little
gonna veto because giratina is outclassing gholdengo. note that registeel's bulk is almost identical to zacc so idk if you really want to sub that

:sv/absol-mega:
Name: Absol-Mega
Type: Dark / Fairy
Stats: 65 / 150 / 60 / 115 / 60 / 115 >>> 65 / 155 / 60 / 145 / 60 / 125 (+5 Atk, +30 SpA, +10 Spe)
Justification: Mega Absol was always known as a cool mega that had bad competitive usage. Added Fairy typing because flavour and it also helps it competitively and buffed it's stats to make it a mixed attacker
maybe tone down the offenses just a bit cause right now this starts to encroach on dianciemega and flutter mane

:sv/ting-lu:
Name: Ting-Lu
Type: Fire / Ground
Stats: 155 / 110 / 125 / 55 / 80 / 45 >>> 145 / 110 / 125 / 55 / 110 / 45 (-10 HP, +25 SpD)
Justification: Ting-Lu is a good wall, but it's mediocre special bulk is a problem. Buffed special bulk but reduced HP to make the physical matchup easier. Also changed it's typing to be a better special wall.
this outclasses camerupt-mega. personally i think tinglu is perfectly fine as a ground/dark since that has a niche of being a ground that beats ggarm, but if you want to buff it something like 155/90 special bulk is perfectly fine

:sv/beedrill-mega:
Name: Beedrill-Mega
Type: Dark/Poison
Stats: Unchanged
Justification: Mega Beedrill trades in its Bug typing for Dark, losing out on its STAB U-turn, but gaining STAB on moves like Knock Off and Throat Chop
personally going to say no on this one, the idea of sword of ruin-boosted wicked blows and gunk shots doesnt seem fun to deal with. if you want to buff beedrill you could go bug/ground for rock neutrality and headlong rush stab

24 hours

Bleakwind/Wildbolt/Sandsear/Springtide Storm (anaconja)
Outrage
Poltergeist
Ceaseless Edge | Stone Axe (anaconja)
Anticipation
Grass Pelt
Color Change (SV)
Trace
Soul Dew (anaconja)
Porygon2 | Porygon-Z
Audino-Mega
Lucario-Mega (SV)
Flygon

Ceaseless Edge, Stone Axe (anaconja)
Quiver Dance / Tail Glow (Chessking345)
Ruin Abilities (Self)
Magician (anaconja)
Anticipation (Chessking345)
Trace (Self)
None (Soul Dew is bound to win but I think it's nerfed too much)
Flygon (Self)
Porygon2 / Porygon-Z (anaconja)
Absol-Mega (LOrd Fernado)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)