SS RU Moral Panic - NOT A TDK TEAM

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader

Hey so it was about time I posted a RMT this generation, and I have just the perfect team to showcase. I was building for RUPL week 1 and felt like an offensive spike stack with Toxtricity as the main breaker would be an epic idea because the mon hits incredibly hard and looks super cool. Eventually this team caught on and was used in like 7 other games in the same tour by other teams with incredibly good results, not to mention the good performance it had in some RU Seasonal and RU Open games. Also, a large majority of the playerbase thought TDK was the one who built this team because of how much he used it ROFL, shoutouts to him for making it popular and showcasing how good the team is with how well he played during the games where he used it.

Building Process

So like I mentioned before, the main idea behind the team was to use Toxtricity + Spikes. Main idea behind this is that common Toxtricity answers usually don't run Heavy-Duty Boots, so using spikes makes it easier to pressure them. I went with the hazard core of Klefki + Rhyperior, considering I'm using Toxtricity as my electric type, I felt like I needed a heavy core to better handle Togekiss and Rhyperior and Klefki are able to check most sets. Not to mention they handle each other's checks very decently, like Zarude, Roserade and Incineroar.

Next up, I needed to add some breaking power to the team on the physical side. Zarude felt like a natural pick because it has great offensive synergy with Toxtricity, and it is able to check grounds that like to switch in vs it and provides momentum as well thanks to U-turn. Mienshao is the scarfer of choice, as well as the mandatory Knock Off user so hazards actually do something, and it's overall a good momentum hitter for Toxtricity.

The final slot was originally a Togekiss so I could better check opposing fighting types. However, after testing for a while, I came to the conclusion that Noivern worked better on the team as an offensive fighting type check who provides momentum for Toxtricity and works as a check to Raikou and Volcanion, which the team really needed.

In Depht Analysis

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Not gonna lie, before this team the only rockers I've been using were Registeel, Steelix and Stakataka. Rhyperior is a very solid rocker, and you'd be surprised how many teams struggle to switch into its moves. The spread is to better check Toxtricity while still being able to outspeed base 50 mons like Diancie and Registeel. Moveset is pretty standard, Megahorn is to get the kill on Zarude and Celebi as they try to switch into you. I'm opting to use Stone Edge on Rhyperior for major damage output vs Togekiss, Golisopod and Noivern, you can use Rock Blast if you want, but I prefer missing more. Rhyperior's main role in the team is to serve as a check for mons like Incineroar, Togekiss, Noivern and Toxtricity, the biggest struggle is it can be pressured easily, so (by nature of the team as well) it's better to try and put pressure first.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Defog

Another mon I barely ever touched during the meta. The idea of pressuring with spikes seemed so funny so I figured I'd try a spiker, and the only options were Roserade, Golisopod and Klefki. I ended up opting for the keys and I have to say, it's kind of decent. Solid Togekiss check, Noivern check, Zarude check and I've ended up going hard into vs Raikou and gotten off a priority toxic which is kinda epic. Moves are fairly standard in Spikes and Dazzling Gleam. Then there's Defog, which I know a lot of people hate on spikes keys, but honestly it's such a decent emergency out vs opposing spikes that it's worth having. Priority Toxic to chip at most threats that can be hit with it, however TDK changed it to Thunder Wave on that slot when he used it, which I guess works considering it helps Toxtricity so much at breaking later on. I think for the latest meta, Thunder Wave works way better, but up to you to try it out.

Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Snarl
- Volt Switch

The star of the team, one of the most annoying mons to switch into in the tier, and one of the dopest designs. Toxtricity puts insane amount of pressure on so many teams, and it's even better with spikes support, as mons like Registeel, Stakataka, Rhyperior and Steelix don't appreciate the chip damage since you only need so little damage on them to get some 2HKOs and 3HKOs. The main issue with Toxtricity is speed, being an electric type slower than Togekiss sucks so much because you can just get flinched to death. Max speed is used so you are not slower than Seismitoad and base 70s like Volcanion and Metagross. Boomburst is what you are going to be clicking 89% of the time, such a strong and spammable move that does insane amount of damage, then the other mandatory moves are Overdrive, which is amazing for hitting flying and water types for more damage, and Volt Switch, which is the classic momentum move. The last move is Snarl, honestly this move would normally be Sludge Wave, however there has been an annoying rise of usage for mons like Golurk and Dhelmise, so Snarl just helps hit both. Especially Golurk because it's incredibly hard to switch into and mons like Klefki and locked Mienshao can give it free switch ins.

Toxtricity is not a mega bulky pokemon by any means, but it's able to tank some hits, so it's best to click one of the many momentum moves on the team to get it in safely.

Zarude @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Jungle Healing
- U-turn

Zarude is one of the most splashable mons in the tier. Amazing bulk and great offensive stats with access to U-Turn makes it such a great fit in this team. It also pairs well with Toxtricity, being able to check psychic and ground types for Tox is really cool. Zarude's role in the team is to switch into 50% of the attacks thrown at the team and click U-turn and Power Whip. Can't really go into detail since everything is very standard, but Zarude is meant to be one of the 2 main glues of the team, alongside Noivern, main goal is to switch in, recover or click U-turn in order to keep up the pressure. It's offensive stats are good enough that most of the time you hit checks like Noivern and Crobat for almost half, forcing them to recover and U-turn to get Toxtricity in. Jungle Healing is to recover chip damage from grounds or waters, and with boots you really only need to worry about direct damage or status, which Jungle Healing also cures. Due to the nature of the team, you'll also be put in positions where you have to trade for damage, but Zarude's bulk is good enough that you can live so much, even U-turn from opposing Zarude.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

The role Mienshao has on the team is just more than being the scarfer + fighting type. I really needed a Knock Off mon on the team since knocking off boots is the main way of making progress in the tier. Mienshao seemed like a great option as it forces mons like Noivern, Togekiss and Golisopod to take a Knock Off, making it easier to beat them. It also has a very epic coverage with U-Turn for momentum and Stone Edge to revenge kill all the flying mons like Noivern, Crobat and Togekiss. Another big selling point is having Regenerator, being able to recover HP, especially on a mon that clicks U-Turn half the game, is amazing to keep up pressure for longer. The biggest issue is how poor its defenses are, it's really not meant to take moves that it can't resist, and it's mandatory to keep the scarf up on most matchups as this is usually the best way of cleaning late game.

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Roost

The final member was a toss up between Noivern and Togekiss. Togekiss provided Thunder Wave support for Toxtricity and being able to hard check almost every fighting type, while Noivern feels like a more offensive mon for the team that also keeps up the momentum for the team and working as an offensive check for mons like Raikou, Volcanion and Cobalion. Similar to Zarude, Noivern puts itself at the top of the tier as a mon you can just throw to any team, and it'll fit. It's a great partner for Toxtricity because it can chip mons like Registeel and Steelix with Flamethrower or U-turn as Togekiss or Milotic come in for Tox to do its thing. I'll say tho, I've been heavily considering using Toxic over U-turn on Noivern as Togekiss is Noivern's main switchin and this lets me ease up beating it without having to force it to take a hit from Rhyperior or try to break through flinches with Toxtricity. However, U-turn is preferred for applying pressure to the entire of the tier with the rest of the team.

By no means is this team perfect, it's actually incredibly hard to use because of how offensive the team is, and it gets pressured a lot by mons like Chandelure and opposing Noivern, but it managed to put itself as one of the most consistent teams during the metagame. I figured it was about time to RMT seeing how recent tier shifts make this team a bit worse, so it's better to remember it in the meta where it actually did well.

Here are some replays from RUPL:

As you can see, plenty of high quality players used it with positive results, and this isn't mentioning people who used it during RU seasonal and RU Open.

Importable

Shoutouts to all my friends for always making this fun. Hope you enjoy the team as much as I did and thanks for taking your time reading it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)